Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you're the one continuing to poo poo up the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also you still haven't apologized despite being told what exactly is wrong with the words you used and went 'well that's stupid that's not what i meant'

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Why must the gays ruin our lgbt space

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'd PM you but you don't have them so.. :shrug: (BTW if you check my profile you'll see it says I'm a woman, so she pronouns are good) I'm still not clear on just how saying that this thread tends towards yuri is 'bad' and can be interpreted as homophobic or misogynistic? Same with the word gimmick. Have people been called gimmicks in the past? What does that even mean? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. :psyduck:

Speaking of Still Sick, has that been dropped because it got an english release? It's been 3 months :(

we already explained what gimmick implies and julias even posted an exact definition before you made your last big dumb post. interesting tactic, to accuse everyone else of misinterpreting your posts while you apparently refuse to even read theirs

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
I Am Simply Gay And Shooting Many Rapid Fire Bullets (autobiographical light novel coming out from me, 209X)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Endorph, youre in sexy akiba detectives, yes? Has Still Sick been dropped?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No, it was just licensed. that said im p. sure the last chapter we tl'd was either the second or third to last

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I hope someone drops you... Into a lake... That is magical... And gives you the ablity to feel empathy... Btch

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

I hope someone drops you... Into a lake... That is magical... And gives you the ablity to feel empathy... Btch

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Snooze Cruise posted:

That's not very nice :crossarms:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Can I ask all of you to stop stiring up this dumb drama and move on? Instead of hurling insults and wishing awful things to befall each other? This goes for you too Watermelon Daiquiri, you got really defensive and instead of apologizing you have doubled and even tripled down on everyone else being in the wrong, even when you've come around to understand why people felt hurt by the things you've said.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Nice pithy response

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Im glad the enlighten mod thought to disembark from their perch to patronize to us all equally ~

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Meltdown may is all consuming this year.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Julias posted:

Can I ask all of you to stop stiring up this dumb drama and move on? Instead of hurling insults and wishing awful things to befall each other? This goes for you too Watermelon Daiquiri, you got really defensive and instead of apologizing you have doubled and even tripled down on everyone else being in the wrong, even when you've come around to understand why people felt hurt by the things you've said.

That's what I already tried asking them, Julias, and I am trying to move on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jesus christ

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
"Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word 'gimmick'. It was a poor word choice, and I'm sorry."

That's seriously all you needed to say, Daiquiri. That's it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Meltdown may is all consuming this year.

I hope you meltdown!!! From embrassment!!! From people you like giving you compliments!!!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is there something similar to Yuki and Matsu but that it's yuri/shoujo ai?

Reread Y&M yesterday and today and I realized how much I liked that whole background of the era.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

do you think people getting compliments get embarassed in front of mario

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

DisDisDis posted:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=89359

the artist (not writer) of lady snowblood did a straight trans story in the 70s that apparently achieved a lot of mainstream popularity.

Fire Skeleton saying yes.png

quote:

it is, of course, untranslated

gently caress, :( this happens a lot. It's gotten better, but I'm stilled kinda bummed out that a lot of the really cool and sexually liberating manga from the 60s and 70s remains forgotten.

Lady Snowblood owns if you blood and gratuitous sex and other exploitation movie tropes aren't a problem for you. If it is a problem then the sequel movie cuts out most of the sex, all of the sexual violence and replaces them with a surprisingly meaty political thriller about the Meiji era secret police trying to smash the Japanese anarchist movement and drive the poor out of Tokyo. It's a very socially conscious film where the beautiful and tough as nails lead cuts down dozens of murderous and corrupt police with her sword while framed in beautiful sunlight.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

I hope you meltdown!!! From embrassment!!! From people you like giving you compliments!!!

Oooh nooo..I'm being owned!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
prequel to There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door got scanned

:nws:https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/5_4_girlfriend:nws:

good poo poo (warning: it has a few pages of sex in it)

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I know I'm late to the party but Witch's Servant is incredibly cute and Rei is the biggest QT pie

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I know the thread likes akanesasu shoujo but what's the elevator pitch?

I want to sell it to my girlfriend for shared watching but "the other gays like it" is a tough pitch.

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister

Arianya posted:

I want to sell it to my girlfriend for shared watching but "the other gays like it" is a tough pitch.

it also has genuinely great character writing; the cast bounces off each other amazingly well. it's a very compelling watch!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arianya posted:

Genuinely funny jokes built off characters relationships, exploration of institutional sexism, lesbian romance at its core, is weird in a charming way

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Thank you both!

Makes it a lot easier to recommend

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

pogchamp

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Started reading Luminous=Blue and oh my god Hayama is such a tremendous rear end in a top hat

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tonight_with_vanilla_and_chocolate_mint

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Finished Luminous=Blue (short and really good) and Four Sisters, Starting Today (liked that it was kind of complicated and messy and full of complicated, self-contradictory, and sometimes realistically lovely characters, and that it ended on a hopeful but not fully resolved note, but thought it was kind of odd that you see lots of the internal state of the cis people around Kashiwa, but very little of her thoughts and feelings) and now I'm kind of flopping around wondering what to read next. Kase-san, perhaps? Poor Poor Lips?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
poor poor lips is decent

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Chapter 50 of Witch's Servant is up!

Betty is the best.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

She really is :3: But where did she get that harp from?

I wonder if Betty will get some backstory at some point. It's probably not an everyday matter in that world that a 12-year-old is studying under a witch somewhere in the woods while her biological family is never even mentioned.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Giniro no Genders is a loving garbage fire but this panel has meme potential

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Just got on the Witch's Servant bandwagon and I'm just infatuated with it. The love quadrangle it has going is quite fun.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1267551583975464962

fukaboku has been licensed

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

Just got on the Witch's Servant bandwagon and I'm just infatuated with it. The love quadrangle it has going is quite fun.

Oh, the love polygons in Witch's Servant are extremely non-Euclidean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

gonna introduce myself as "Non-Binary Maid Reporting for Duty!" from now on