Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bull3964 posted:

Both my BRZ and Golf R came with them in the trunk at no extra itemized cost even though my state doesn't even have front plates.

In a no-front plate state it's considered rude as gently caress for their to be a front plate bracket drilled through the front bumper.

But yeah I got mine free in the trunk as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://twitter.com/500f3/status/1267940454621827072?s=19

I saw a variation with the grille removed entirely and it looked every bit as generic as a Tesla.

That first one? THAT looks good. And it;s not like it wouldnt have been hard to do either

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Franco Caution posted:

I get that most places require plates. Im saying its rare that they get used for photo shoots or reveals. Examples, go look at Mazda, MB, Nissan, VW, etc home pages or photo galleries. No front plates.
Maybe its a Euro thing?
Peugeot page photos all seem to have front plates.

Must be a regional thing. All of those brand have front plates on most of their website pictures in New Zealand (not local plates, either generic with the model on or in the case of VW euro plates)

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I actually really like this one, though the front plate does ruin it a bit.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I actually really like this one, though the front plate does ruin it a bit.

Kind of Alfa-ish. With a little tweaking it could work.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Looks much worse than the actual grille, which looks good. It's a good looking front end and car.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 3, 2020

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I think the new grill looks extremely bad. I'm sad that it's real. Oh well!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

The 400z renders have me feeling some kind of way

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Solus posted:

Looks very Viper-like. Not the car, the actual animal.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Solus posted:

There were variations of it not too dissimilar to this which made it look like a cool new GT86

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Like the Bangle Butt, this is something that looks horrible now but I'll eventually get used to it and not bitch as much about it, if at all.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

bull3964 posted:

Both my BRZ and Golf R came with them in the trunk at no extra itemized cost even though my state doesn't even have front plates.

Same with my current Alltrack, but when I bought my Focus it didn't come with a bracket in a no-plate state.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
GM wants to charge money for all kinds of poo poo, then their cars sit on the lots with thousands on the hood and no buyers. That's like their whole game.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'll defend most of Bangle's designs (e92 is one of my favorite) but the butt is still looks like trash sorry

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
the the BMW 5 series E60 2004-2010 will always look like it just crawled out of the ocean to me. The 7 of that era is nearly as bad :colbert:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The E60 looks a lot better with the larger wheel options - its just awkward looking on the base 16"s

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I always thought the refresh version of that 7 series was surprisingly good looking, given how horrible the initial one looked.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Mazda 3 gettin turbo power next year provided we get out of 2020 alive.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

smooth jazz posted:

can't wait to buy a $35k Mazda 3

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

smooth jazz posted:

The base engine will be a 1.0l turbo with 98hp and the uplevel engine will be a 1.4l Turbo making 148hp.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Wheeee posted:

can't wait to buy a $35k Mazda 3

if you check every box right now you can pay 34k for a mazda3

edit: i remember when you could get a tolerably specced 3-series for that money :corsair:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Reports are that it's going to be in the AWD automatic trim only.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

bull3964 posted:

*makes it available in poverty spec NA FWD only*

"Hmm guess people don't buy manuals after all"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, at this point I don't really even care since I'm only putting 5k /year on my Golf R and don't really see a reason to replace it in under 10 years unless it gets totaled or something.

Maybe I'll get the FA24 BRZ replacement if they don't make some kind of boneheaded decision with it, but other than that I doubt I'll be buying another car until I go fully electric.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

The base engine will be a 1.0l turbo with 98hp and the uplevel engine will be a 1.4l Turbo making 148hp.

Exactly what I'm expecting. We'll never see another Mazdaspeed3, folks.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

opengl128 posted:

Exactly what I'm expecting. We'll never see another Mazdaspeed3, folks.

That wasn't a real post. In North America there is the 2.0, 2.5, and supposedly 2.5L turbo.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

bull3964 posted:

As expected, this isn't going to be a typical hot hatch so much as a premium compact, more A3 than Type-R

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

So what’s the thread consensus on the new TLX? Will it be good? My thoughts are that the G70 would be stiff competition for it. Especially since you avoid the FWD bias transverse motor.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Kraftwerk posted:

So what’s the thread consensus on the new TLX? Will it be good? My thoughts are that the G70 would be stiff competition for it. Especially since you avoid the FWD bias transverse motor.

Cautious optimism. Acura used to make great cars but have lost the plot for the last decade. Would love to see a return to form for them. NSX aside, they've always done FWD or AWD, and yet they still cranked out some real gems of cars back in the day.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I'll take a G70 with manual and the lil engine.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Anyone else think ford could probably ease off putting the cop explorer front and center in every one of their ads

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

This is the same company that updated cop cars to literally bake prisonerspathogens out of their interiors using the HVAC system. They sell too many fleet vehicles to stop slobberin that hog knob.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

redgubbinz posted:

This is the same company that updated cop cars to literally bake prisonerspathogens out of their interiors using the HVAC system. They sell too many fleet vehicles to stop slobberin that hog knob.

Also cops are the only ones buying cars right now because they keep crashing them.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Ford gassing the police seems like solidarity to me.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Ford occupies a very important market niche for people wanting to get violently hosed by an American manufacturer dealership finance department and who want a lovely American vehicle put together a little better than a Dodge, but not quite as well as a GM.

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

mobby_6kl posted:

I'll defend most of Bangle's designs (e92 is one of my favorite) but the butt is still looks like trash sorry

You guys should check out the Bangle's Z9 design and look at the tail lights and roof line relation, then you'll understand that at sometime in design cycle the lines got messed up. The only car that sort of works is the E60 sedan and it has in my opinion aged superbly. 6 series and 7 series would work if 6 wouldn't have had that roof line re-worked and 7 if the tail lights were smaller.

Edit: the final design on these was on the current hack who made the most boring BMWs, F10/F11. E9x was designed by Joji Nagashima and Marc Michael Markefka. Bangle doesn't really deserve the bad rep he has. Hell, old Volvos had the "bangle butt" in the 90s.

Kivi fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 7, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

nagashima did the e36 and e39 in addition to the e90, two out of three aint bad

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

That's such an unflattering angle.
I love how obvious the entire front clip is to remove so they can fix this poo poo in the LCI.

Also, no hoffmeister kink.

smooth jazz fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 8, 2020