Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

All the replies to this twitter thread should just be 'oh gently caress off'

Edit: Nevermind they basically are lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think the only one AEW would really want is Rusev.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it’s more that there is another option on the table for them hypothetically which logically should make the offer more competitive rather than less

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it’s more that there is another option on the table for them hypothetically which logically should make the offer more competitive rather than less

When the other option is almost definitely not going to hire most of them, then not really. WWE is essentially betting on AEW being at its roster limit and it's not a bad bet.

It's still scummy as poo poo, of course, and WWE as gently caress.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Why would AEW hire them

Because Chris Hero is really loving good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That really only works if the other option is showing interest and thus raising your "market value". If they're not then, yeah, you might resign for 2 cents on the dollar if you think its the best option you have. AEW being an option to someone else is meaningless.

So like, Orton or the Revival can use AEW as a leverage tool in theory when they're negotiating. But if WWE calls their bluff and AEW doesn't sign them then they've lost that leverage and WWE will lower its offer.

None of this being a defense of this terrible, scummy practice.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hero would be a good hire if only to have AEWs training center be run by a combo of Dustin, Hero and DDP.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH NEWLY RELEASED WWE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS DONT YOU DARE BE SOUR

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oldpainless posted:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH NEWLY RELEASED WWE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS DONT YOU DARE BE SOUR

It’s a New (less lucrative) Contract, yes it is

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/FOX13News/status/1268282535076741122?s=20

Welp, Titus.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

Now does this count as the same entry as the releases for NY64 COVID-19 edition or is it its own separate thing?

I believe the COVID-19 entries would be:

Forcing people to work shows against their will
Not testing performers for COVID
Firing performers during the pandemic
Attempting to rehire at pennies on the dollar

And maybe even some other entries for Roman Reigns (since the story does not seem to match reality), Sami Zayn and mishandling that positive test.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yikes

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

He's right, the people agitating these protests should stop. I assume there are cops behind the camera? Otherwise why would he be directing it that way?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Titus works for WWE, this is to be expected

MassRafTer posted:

Nothing for refusing to cancel Wrestlemania or treatment of NXT trainees as crowd stand-ins?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

Titus works for WWE, this is to be expected

Nothing for refusing to cancel Wrestlemania or treatment of NXT trainees as crowd stand-ins?

I always try to take suggestions on these tournaments!

TriffTshngo posted:

He's right, the people agitating these protests should stop. I assume there are cops behind the camera? Otherwise why would he be directing it that way?

Titus has a shocking number of All Lives Matter tweets.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Drake is going to win his job back tonight!!!!

With a severe pay cut!!!!!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Drake is going to win his job back tonight!!!!

With a severe pay cut!!!!!

Still a loser virgin

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I think the only one AEW would really want is Rusev.

Zach Ryder is Cody’s BFF, so got to imagine he’d get the same deal Luther got.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Alvarez is reporting WWE is offering to rehire some of the released wrestlers... at a fraction of their previous deals. They are also lowballing on extensions.

Welp, gently caress WWE. gently caress WWE right in the ear.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Imagine irl if you had to participate in a month and a half long competition with your coworkers where the 1st prize was not being fired but you get your pay cut.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Blaise330 posted:

Imagine irl if you had to participate in a month and a half long competition with your coworkers where the 1st prize was not being fired but you get your pay cut.

To be fair, WWE are making record financial profits so they really had no choice but to do this. Poor WWE.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Velveteen Dream vs Adam Cole is a backlot brawl. Why the gently caress would anyone wanna fight in an NXT parking lot?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Has Dream been cleared of being a child predator and that's why he is still on TV?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Has Dream been cleared of being a child predator and that's why he is still on TV?

He's hanging out with a babyface serial killer now. It's been an interesting month.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Forcing people to work shows against their will
Not testing performers for COVID
Firing performers during the pandemic
Attempting to rehire at pennies on the dollar

And maybe even some other entries for Roman Reigns (since the story does not seem to match reality), Sami Zayn and mishandling that positive test.

Forcing talent to stand through long taping

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cassius Clay shirt :thunk:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/1164732170952306688?s=20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Pathetic

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Just turned my monitor on, still pathetic

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know it's mostly not his fault or w/e but i hate that spud guy now. sheeSH

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This NXT main event recap is gonna be a doozy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

This loving company

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

only WWE could produce such heart warming content. thank you HHH

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Davros1 posted:

This loving company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

:lmao: at defending any of this

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So quick description, Drake and Fantasma have a match that actually woulda been a good rear end final match for Drake.... until the parking lot ninjadores showed up IN the building and pretended to kidnap Fantasma. Drake saves him, gets superkicked and falcon arrowed by Fantasma for the loss. He's in the ring crying and slobbering then NXT jesus himself, The Game shows up. He unvealed a folder with a contract with a giant NXT logo on top and the crying, weeping, simpering Drake is overwhelmed with gratitude as he signs it and the crowd cheers NXT NXT NXT uproarously.

Congrats on your pay cut Drake.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He did the job so he got the job. Makes sense.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahba

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Since the ninjas are in the building now, I guess the parking lot is safe for Dream vs Cole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Blaise330 posted:

So quick description, Drake and Fantasma have a match that actually woulda been a good rear end final match for Drake.... until the parking lot ninjadores showed up IN the building and pretended to kidnap Fantasma. Drake saves him, gets superkicked and falcon arrowed by Fantasma for the loss. He's in the ring crying and slobbering then NXT jesus himself, The Game shows up. He unvealed a folder with a contract with a giant NXT logo on top and the crying, weeping, simpering Drake is overwhelmed with gratitude as he signs it and the crowd cheers NXT NXT NXT uproarously.

Congrats on your pay cut Drake.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/432616623225049088