Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

I’m probably the worse cod player in the thread.

Nah, Gary exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

I haven't gotten any weed flags or anything yet, the last call of duty I played had a ton of them, they didn't take them out did they

They're sold as 'blunt force' packs in the store. There has been 2 so far I think.

one has a 'pot head' charm for your gun, which is a Devo lookin' thing and a banner 'fertile green' (a weed plant/grow op style illustration)

The other had a banner called 'afrodesiac' (an animated illustration of a smoking woman with an afro and a large hookah/bong and smoke clouds) and a pot leaf animated icon that walks and blows smoke rings

I bought the first pack with free CP because weed is indeed cool but the second pack seemed mildly racist and didnt look that cool

2-3 bowls on my vape and I go from a competent player to a calculating, stalking murderer. its really weird i never thought weed could make you better at something like COD but my stats dont really lie.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

weed is for children

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Macaluso posted:

I think a good change to this game would be removing that garbage cowboy cop skin

But then you don't get to shoot him in the face or gas him.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

drunken officeparty posted:

weed is for children
One of my fave Pat Benetar songs.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

CJacobs posted:

The last challenge I need for season 3 before I have all 155 is to call in a juggernaut and I just cannot get there. TWICE now I've gotten to 14/15 (or I guess 13/14 since I'm running hardline) and been meatshot by some loser with a shotgun running at 88mph. :smith:
Don't know if they fixed it yet but it used to work in coop so maybe try there?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Insert name here posted:

Don't know if they fixed it yet but it used to work in coop so maybe try there?

Neat, I will give that a shot, thanks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:siren: MY TOMOGUNCHI IS HATCHING. I AM WITH CHILD. THE PROUD PAPA. :siren:

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

It must be a daily challenge which has no real reward so just don’t do it???

It's one of the permanent challenges to unlock an mp7 blueprint, the whole thing is full of pretty challenging stuff.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I got to level 155 and all battle pass tiers because I'm a deeb. However, I've never bought anything more than the base game, no battle pass or anything, so I haven't actually gotten any battle pass stuff from the tiers.

If I choose not to buy this season's battle pass, then next season's is released, have I wasted my chance of having everything? I can no longer get this season's battle pass crap after the next season is released, is that right?

Pretty confusing. I'm willing to drop :10bux: if this is my only opportunity.

Also, will people's ranks reset from 155 or nah?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Correct. Anything you've unlocked that wasn't a freebie, you keep forever, but only if you own the current season's battle pass. If you don't have the pass when the season ends, it's gone. When the current battle pass ends, everything besides skins and gun blueprints will be added to the rotation of generic daily challenge rewards. Skins and gun blueprints are totally removed from rotation and so far have later cropped up individually on the store.

And yeah, everyone gets reset to level 55 when a new season starts.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

CJacobs posted:

The last challenge I need for season 3 before I have all 155 is to call in a juggernaut and I just cannot get there. TWICE now I've gotten to 14/15 (or I guess 13/14 since I'm running hardline) and been meatshot by some loser with a shotgun running at 88mph. :smith:

Out of curiosity, would getting a Jugg in drop zone count for this? I imagine that would be just about as time consuming but I just wonder if it counts.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Inner Light posted:

I got to level 155 and all battle pass tiers because I'm a deeb. However, I've never bought anything more than the base game, no battle pass or anything, so I haven't actually gotten any battle pass stuff from the tiers.

If I choose not to buy this season's battle pass, then next season's is released, have I wasted my chance of having everything? I can no longer get this season's battle pass crap after the next season is released, is that right?

Pretty confusing. I'm willing to drop :10bux: if this is my only opportunity.

Also, will people's ranks reset from 155 or nah?

If you've put in that much work, I'd drop the bucks on it. You'll immediately unlock enough CUCKS to unlock the season 4 BP, and it'll just keep paying for itself from there.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

CJacobs posted:

:siren: MY TOMOGUNCHI IS HATCHING. I AM WITH CHILD. THE PROUD PAPA. :siren:

congrats

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

He gets so happy when you feed him :unsmith:

When do I unlock the "Baby On Wrist" gun charm

RedRaven
Sep 11, 2001

He's going to SHOCK the world!

CJacobs posted:

Try for it in shipment - it’s what I did.

Run Hardline and Kill Chain - and use the crate drop, vtol (or) chopper gunner and juggernaut.

Try and fish for a few rocket kills to get to the crate and hope the crate has something offensive in it to take you to VTOL/Chopper and use that to easily get to the Juggernaut.

It just takes one lucky run and you can probably do it in an hour.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Out of curiosity, would getting a Jugg in drop zone count for this? I imagine that would be just about as time consuming but I just wonder if it counts.

Yes, I did this in drop zone and got the ribbon. I think I got a jugg in my second game

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

CJacobs posted:

He gets so happy when you feed him :unsmith:

When do I unlock the "Baby On Wrist" gun charm

How do you feed it? Mine hatched but I missed the hatching I guess.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

priznat posted:

How do you feed it? Mine hatched but I missed the hatching I guess.

You unlock a gesture called 'watch interaction' or something like that. Looks like just playing the game normally getting kills and objectives gives you food. When one of the icons on the side lights up you can do the 'watch interaction' gesture to feed it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

CJacobs posted:

You unlock a gesture called 'watch interaction' or something like that. Looks like just playing the game normally getting kills and objectives gives you food. When one of the icons on the side lights up you can do the 'watch interaction' gesture to feed it.

Laff, that rules

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

oh god I didn't know that was actually interactive, mine's probably dead

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

codo27 posted:

Holy gently caress, do 2 executions in a minute? What kinda fuckin challenge is that?

I did that one the other day. I got it on Shoot House by waiting around the corner on one of the two side "lanes" on the map. Just ignore any other kills and stand around waiting to get executions and you'll get it. I got them both in the area with the burned out cars. I thought for sure I didn't get them within the same minute but it completed for me. It's pretty generous regarding when the timer starts and ends I think.

The only two things I have left to complete all the ribbons is calling in a support helo one time and hacking 4 more pieces of equipment. Any tips on a good places to sit and rack up kills for the helo or best maps for hacking?

JFC fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 4, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

AndrewP posted:

oh god I didn't know that was actually interactive, mine's probably dead

Yeah I checked mine and it's a ghost now :sigh:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

That watch makes some annoying sound every time you spawn so I had to stop wearing it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

priznat posted:

Yeah I checked mine and it's a ghost now :sigh:

I just equipped mine because of this thread and as soon as I got into a match it was a ghost. :( Is there a way to reset it?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I mean, sounds like "watch interaction" is the only button to push on it, maybe unequip and equip it

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm 50/75 ground based vehicle or killstreak kills away from gold JOKR/plat launchers and I've gotten to the point of begging people to run personal radar/CUAV's because they're the only thing that reliably counts it seems. I stick to shipment pretty consistently and I my system is pretty much just:

1. Beg people to run the killstreaks and just play normally if they do, get a handful of kills and thank them profusely afterwards

2. If they don't run the killstreaks, I use my VLK rogue + dragonbreath round speedy class and punish them

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

My little man is starting to grow up. I am so proud. And yeah I assume unequipping and reequipping will reset it if it dies.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Can you actually see all of your ribbons anywhere? They don't seem to be in the records tab.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They're in Barracks > Rank Progression.

Someone's tomogunchi turned into Ghost from the OG MW2 lol. Sorry for spamming the thread with tomogunchi propaganda I just love pointless little stuff like this

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the FOV is so narrow on console that you can easily get executions by just hiding immediately next to a doorway and waiting for someone to run through it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

How long do your claymores live on after you die, I've had widely varying results

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So far as I can tell until you respawn - so about 3 seconds in HC

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

How long do your claymores live on after you die, I've had widely varying results

They used to last until you hit the respawn, but I'm pretty sure they changed something where they dissapear a second or two after you die. I've still gotten plenty of post mortem kills though so I know they don't go away the second you die.

Maybe they still last until respawn, but are just less effective because claymores are 90% less lethal than they used to be. I used to abuse the hell out of killcams to get bonus mine kills.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

JFC posted:

The only two things I have left to complete all the ribbons is calling in a support helo one time and hacking 4 more pieces of equipment. Any tips on a good places to sit and rack up kills for the helo or best maps for hacking?

Just play shipment and don't suck for the support helo, and ground war is absolutely the best for consistently finding traps, find whatever building enemy snipers are in. Tavorsk district, especially that big tower block near C, is good for this. If your team don't have it the enemy one certainly does and the stairwell will be littered with traps. Try not to get mad when a squad mate sees that you're in the tower and spawns on you then runs ahead like a loving idiot straight into the mines you can see 2 floors above

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CJacobs posted:

Have you tried going with the Pointman perk, and just camp in groundwar, taking out killstreaks with your FMJ loaded PKM? It aint much, but it is honest work, and the only way I ever gotten my hands on a gunship and juggernaut without carepackage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Interesting tac laser fact in case anyone doesn't watch XclusiveAce: the enemy view of the laser is based on your player model (which constantly waves the gun around) and not your first person gun model (which is aimed at a fixed point), so pre-aiming at a doorframe so enemies don't see the laser doesn't actually work, and at 40-50m or more the laser will basically be invisible because it moves around so much (also apparently it's flat out not visible beyond 70m).

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

My little man is starting to grow up. I am so proud. And yeah I assume unequipping and reequipping will reset it if it dies.

I'm getting back into cod, is there a way to know when this bundle will go back up in the store? Doesn't look like it's there right now.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You get a tomogunchi from the battle pass too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I think I got one in a battlepass - S3 maybe.