Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
So who did the rail of coke? It sounded like Amber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I didn't know dreher had friends in dsa

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Probably Rod’s most believable take yet, ngl

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nothus posted:

So who did the rail of coke? It sounded like Amber

I think it was just Felix having nasal issues, he was sniffling later in the episode.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cloks posted:

I think it was just Felix having nasal issues, he was sniffling later in the episode.

Felix has the sinus passages of a pug-dog.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Anyway, DEMONS ARE REAL

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Probably Rod’s most believable take yet, ngl

i don't get why ppl like that can't just shut their mouths. no, they have to speak. the world must hear a running commentary of what goes on in their stupid brain

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1268026450776592384

There had been a bunch of reports of the cops preventing anyone from getting off the bridge on either side but I believe they finally let people leave on the Brooklyn side after awhile

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
this is incredibly myopic

https://www.amoeba.com/blog/2020/06...ceRacialJustice

just keep dancing around those Socioeconomic issues there! :thumbsup:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Every single one of these podcasters sounds like their have some combination of enlarged adnoids and deviated septums that gives them all really fuckin strange speech patterns but you are all haters and losers for thinking my friends do coke while podcasting instead of planning on doing it with me when they inevitably invite me to come over and play Nintendo games with them like I've been thinking they would for months

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I don't like it when podcasters ( just Felix and Will I guess) sound like they're speaking through a big ball of phlegm in the back of their throats when they're on air. You'd think it would be easy to just cough and clear your throat for a second.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Race Realists posted:

this is incredibly myopic

https://www.amoeba.com/blog/2020/06...ceRacialJustice

just keep dancing around those Socioeconomic issues there! :thumbsup:

What's your problem exactly

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grevling posted:

I don't like it when podcasters ( just Felix and Will I guess) sound like they're speaking through a big ball of phlegm in the back of their throats when they're on air. You'd think it would be easy to just cough and clear your throat for a second.

radio people have the opposite of a push-to-talk button that mutes them and lets them hock poo poo up

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

i say swears online posted:

radio people have the opposite of a push-to-talk button that mutes them and lets them hock poo poo up

Podcasters don't even have the excuse of being recorded live, they can just cut out themselves violently coughing up whatever they're gargling back there.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Grevling posted:

Podcasters don't even have the excuse of being recorded live, they can just cut out themselves violently coughing up whatever they're gargling back there.

oh you know exactly what chapo is gargling.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

oh you know exactly what chapo is gargling.

dom perignon with that kind of patreon money

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Crane Fist posted:

What's your problem exactly

i don't know about the list of organizations to donate to, but the campaignzero one mentions heh zero about keeping black people poor or recitivation or anything like that. it's just a bunch of "well if the police aren't coerced by way of cool toys and their own personal frustrations to hedonistically murder black people then everything will be just fine :downs:"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Matt's vlog was pretty intense today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpcqUKLnRAs

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rainbow Knight posted:

i don't know about the list of organizations to donate to, but the campaignzero one mentions heh zero about keeping black people poor or recitivation or anything like that. it's just a bunch of "well if the police aren't coerced by way of cool toys and their own personal frustrations to hedonistically murder black people then everything will be just fine :downs:"

It... seems like those are good ideas though? Like ending for-profit policing, demilitarizing, an end to broken windows policing and use of force limitations, these are things that would end the immediate problem of "the police are killing a lot of people". It's not a blueprint to end systemic racism in society and I don't think it's meant to be?

Also when I asked what his problem is I kind of meant in general

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think the grill pill might be full of cyanide.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

that cry was genuine and made me tear up a bit too. stop being a loving pussy who can’t feel and express those feelings

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I hope Matt starts compiling his thoughts and notes into essays after hes done ranting. I’d like to see them in a more complete form and I think he would feel better with something physical to show for his work at the end of the day.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 4, 2020

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

THS posted:

that cry was genuine and made me tear up a bit too. stop being a loving pussy who can’t feel and express those feelings
Matt is a great writer so I hope he can write something that can be more easily shared than a twitch stream recorded on a potato.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Uranium posted:

Matt is a great writer so I hope he can write something that can be more easily shared than a twitch stream recorded on a potato.

How can he not afford a good webcam? It boggles the mind. It has to be an artistic choice, I try and convince myself.

The trueanon guy was down in SF checking out the protests earlier. I watched a bunch of Robert Evans dodging tear gas canisters in Portland last night, as a treat. I think Brace would be equally entertaining.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Evans gets mad, brace makes fun of manlets in riot gear

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

i say swears online posted:

Evans gets mad, brace makes fun of manlets in riot gear

This gal needs to go on TrueAnon. https://twitter.com/emmanulust/status/1267069679840854023

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Isn’t brace himself a short dude?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Ron Jeremy posted:

Isn’t brace himself a short dude?

Yeah but he’s not insecure about it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Delta-Wye posted:

How can he not afford a good webcam? It boggles the mind. It has to be an artistic choice, I try and convince myself.

The trueanon guy was down in SF checking out the protests earlier. I watched a bunch of Robert Evans dodging tear gas canisters in Portland last night, as a treat. I think Brace would be equally entertaining.

Matt spent the first part of his podcasting career screaming into a lovely laptop mic. Poor audio and video quality is his mise en scene.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Chad Riot Giant vs. the Virgin Smol Officer

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Rob posted:

Yeah but he’s not insecure about it.

yea it is literally the difference between a manlet and a short king, if you're insecure enough to strap on riot gear and bash people's skulls in to prove how tough you are you're a loving manlet

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Well now we know who was doing all those coke snorts on the episode. Bawlin’ Matt in the background choking back tears and snot

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/dylan007reed/status/1268272014437109762?s=20

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sexpig by night posted:

yea it is literally the difference between a manlet and a short king, if you're insecure enough to go Syriato be a mascot for arab commies in to prove how tough you are you're a loving manlet

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Crane Fist posted:

It... seems like those are good ideas though? Like ending for-profit policing, demilitarizing, an end to broken windows policing and use of force limitations, these are things that would end the immediate problem of "the police are killing a lot of people". It's not a blueprint to end systemic racism in society and I don't think it's meant to be?

Also when I asked what his problem is I kind of meant in general

The problem is exactly that: it sounds good.

You cannot reform away a police state in America, full stop. It is essential to capitalism as practiced in America; every reform, no matter how sound and reasonable, will fail, because ultimately the power lies with the police. If you want to make turning off a cop’s bodycam illegal, well, who is going to enforce it? Snitch cops get killed, DAs will not make enemies out of cops, judges will feel the heat of election opponents, and above all else, Republicans will win elections and refuse everything.

The resolution to this, whatever you think this is, is a wholesale restructuring of society. And we might be far away from that. But we are a million miles closer to it than we were even 2 or 3 months ago.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Any reform that doesn't start with something dramatic such as disarming the police and working from there isn't serious.

Just going down the list:
1. End broken windows policing - pablum
2. Community oversight - and I'd like a pony
3. Limit use for force - oh hey, finally getting somewhere but it's #3 for some reason
4. Independently investigate & prosecute - I'd like to amend my previous request and would prefer 2 ponies
5. Community representation - ?????????
6. Body cams/Film the police - tried that
7. Training - pablum
8. End for-profit policing - nonsense
9. Demilitarization - why is this #9?
10. Fair police union contracts - ??????????

So we wind up with 2 pablums (well actually like 7 of them), 2 ???????'s, 2 ponies, 2 good ideas, something that has demonstrably failed to work, and a nonsense.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
also police aren't unionized everywhere and they behave exactly the same

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
Chapo thread what happened to Virgil?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bartlebee posted:

Chapo thread what happened to Virgil?

Secluded himself to write a Carl Diggler hip-hop musical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
He has completed his chapo-to-fash pipeline transformation, and will be announced as the new wh press sec next week. I look forward to Virgil leading us towards the MAGA wunderland while owning the libs.

i bet he will last at least 2.5 scaramuccis