Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Thanks, I'll probably give youtube TV a shot.

meowmeowmeowmeow fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Supercross starting now!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/DISupdates/status/1267471274290413568

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I'm legitimately excited to see how a sprint race goes down at Daytona. Everyone is so civilized and patient during a 24, I wanna see violent lunges into T1 and the Bus Stop.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah sports cars is BACK baby.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I remember hearing some grumbling about teams having to make sure they have Daytona parts (like gearing sets) ready for the race again. Which is fair.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

harperdc posted:

I remember hearing some grumbling about teams having to make sure they have Daytona parts (like gearing sets) ready for the race again. Which is fair.

Luckily that only includes DPi and GTLM, the better funded teams. GTD run homologated, fixed gear stacks, and LMP2 aren't running (and ate limited to Le Mans gears by IMSA reg anyway

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

You would think GTD's would be always ready to run Daytona considering its in the name

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Peanut President posted:

You would think GTD's would be always ready to run Daytona considering its in the name
:cawg:
Get their rear end

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Peanut President posted:

Lower that rear wing and send it

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

net work error posted:

:cawg:
Get their rear end

thanks, stay tuned for my 6 page essay on the incredible failure of the pontiac le mans program

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is it just "holy poo poo it was bad" repeated?

Apparently it was so bad it never existed.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 3, 2020

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

orange juche posted:

Is it just "holy poo poo it was bad" repeated?

Apparently it was so bad it never existed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_LeMans

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh yeah those lol, sticking the name on cars that would never ever in a million years be near a track

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Whats more insulting, the Pontiac LeMans or the Chrylser Sebring?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I feel like there's a third one that I can't remember. Like a Mercury Indianapolis or something

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

did a quick google https://www.hagerty.com/media/market-trends/cars-named-after-famous-racetracks/

I honestly am not sure if I've ever heard of the Dodge Daytona before (a loving K-Car!). I've heard of the upmodel Chrysler Laser though.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Basticle posted:

did a quick google https://www.hagerty.com/media/market-trends/cars-named-after-famous-racetracks/

I honestly am not sure if I've ever heard of the Dodge Daytona before (a loving K-Car!). I've heard of the upmodel Chrysler Laser though.

Dodge Daytonas were popular funny car bodies in the NHRA during the '80s and early '90s. IROC raced them for a bit as well.

Also the Chrysler Sebring may be my least favorite car of all time.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 3, 2020

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Dodge Monaco, that was the one I was thinking of

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Basticle posted:

The Turbo II Daytonas are loving hilariously fun to drive. Same with Omni GLH.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Porsche pulled out of GTLM in WTSC from next year.

Bummer.

Edit: it would seem insane not to run a factory supported team at Daytona but what do I know.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

algebra testes posted:

Porsche pulled out of GTLM in WTSC from next year.

Bummer.

Edit: it would seem insane not to run a factory supported team at Daytona but what do I know.

They have to be getting ready to do LMDh, there's no way they're just *not* going to race at a high level in North America.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

quote:

Owing to the global COVID-19 pandemic, W Series today announces that it will not stage on-track races until 2021.

Welp

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

an oddly awful oud posted:

They have to be getting ready to do LMDh, there's no way they're just *not* going to race at a high level in North America.

Each manufacturer in IMSA has to pay $1 mil in media/activation money to support the series. This includes the Michelin Challenge.

So with how many teams run 911s in GTD and the Cayman in the Michelin series...they can’t be pulling all of that out, can they?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

harperdc posted:

Each manufacturer in IMSA has to pay $1 mil in media/activation money to support the series. This includes the Michelin Challenge.

So with how many teams run 911s in GTD and the Cayman in the Michelin series...they can’t be pulling all of that out, can they?

It's just the 911 and 912 factory-backed cars, the customer teams will remain.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Uh oh, looks like someone is mad their big shiny virtual event is joining an already crowded space!

https://twitter.com/24hoursoflemans/status/1269331182174568448

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Gone, what was it?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

CactusWeasle posted:

Gone, what was it?

Tweet announcing this: https://www.lemans.org/en/news/24-hours-of-le-mans-virtual-warning/53848

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hunnert car pileup posted:

Also the Chrysler Sebring may be my least favorite car of all time.

i learned to drive on a ford tempo. NOTHING can ever possibly be worse than that fuckin thing was.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i learned to drive on a ford tempo. NOTHING can ever possibly be worse than that fuckin thing was.

wow same to both

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
lol gently caress off ACO.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
lol, primo ACO there

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

lmao just wait for people to get around it like Super Bowl advertising calling it "The Big Game"

that horse done bolted like 10+ years ago, how long have there been endurance races in iRacing for Le Mans?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

an oddly awful oud posted:

VW are trying to shut down everything though and LMDh is still born, especially if you're VW and are going to want to run at least a hybid, because they'll just cripple your hybrid until an LMP2 can beat it anyway.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

VW are trying to shut down everything though and LMDh is still born, especially if you're VW and are going to want to run at least a hybid, because they'll just cripple your hybrid until an LMP2 can beat it anyway.

pretty sure all LMDh (the IMSA formula that the ACO/WEC are also going to let in) are going to use a standardized hybrid unit and will be faster than the P2s.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

harperdc posted:

lmao just wait for people to get around it like Super Bowl advertising calling it "The Big Game"

that horse done bolted like 10+ years ago, how long have there been endurance races in iRacing for Le Mans?

it's hilarious to me that they're so out of touch with the community that they only leapt into action this weekend because VEC and Forza were running events and it suddenly started showing up on their monitored hashtags

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

pretty sure all LMDh (the IMSA formula that the ACO/WEC are also going to let in) are going to use a standardized hybrid unit and will be faster than the P2s.

Presumably the Hybrid engine will be faster than the stock LMP2 V8.

If it works, low cost LMP2 with manufacturer prestige, it'll be awesome. If not we still have GtePro.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 7, 2020

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Lol nah GTE pro is dying fast. Too expensive, especially compared to prospective LMDh budgets. If we don't get GT3/GTE convergence out of this, GTE is gonna go the way of DTM

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just double the horsepower and bring back GT1 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Basticle posted:

bring back GT1 :getin:

my man