Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rebel Assault II, 1995

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I hit about 8hrs in FarCry5 before the free weekend finished, I like it well enough to pay the small sale price; also, they had a double-up with the sidequel New Dawn, and also an offer of a further 20% off if I spend some of my 'Uplay Points', which I didn't even know I had. Twenty notes for two fairy long games seems OK to me. A couple of the story missions were a bit poo poo (lord do I ever not want plane dogfighting in a Far Cry game again) but the open world missions are mostly fun and organic in how they unfold.
I gave FC5 a go a few weeks ago and was really surprised how much I liked it, but only managed to keep playing for about 4 hours. What killed it for me was the constant stream of cultists on all the roads who'd immediately start attacking you if so much as your eyebrow stuck out from behind a bush, and the music that is constantly on loop blaring out anywhere near cultist bases, that you can't turn off. Whoever thought that was a good idea is a fucjing idiot and deserves a place in worst of all hells.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I stopped after the third or fourth time you get kidnapped

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

toiletbrush posted:

the music that is constantly on loop blaring out anywhere near cultist bases, that you can't turn off.

lol I was glad to find they had implemented a Radio Off butan for vehicles at least :o:

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

abigserve posted:

I stopped after the third or fourth time you get kidnapped
if you spend anymore than the absolute minimum of your precious time on this earth doing any more missions than you need to unlock enough of an open-world game to just doss about doing your own thing then you only have yourself to blame

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I still like analogue stick movement better, is there such a thing as a half-joypad for a desktop that will let you stick-and-mouse?

steam controller is the closest thing im aware of, simulates trackballs real well imo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

is the witcher a good game? can i hop in at the latest one or do i need to play from the beginning?

its fine, but as someone who did just that theres all this character history i didnt know or know to care about and the netflix series did a decent job filling those gaps in

*me walking around some mud and hay village* haha butcher of what? sure bud *picks up some herbs and flowers*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i did it i got animal crossing and after a few hours i can say its the most relaxing game ive played in years. ive been bouncing between that and outer wilds and its taken a lot of stress off for me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i want to play avernum 3 ruined world but i haven t had the time

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Rebel Assault II, 1995

is this the one with the stealth TIE? takes me back

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

is this the one with the stealth TIE? takes me back

I think so. It also had a cheat code that turned on an MST3K-like screen mask and replaced the dialog with [subtitled] jokes that were actually pretty good

burning swine
May 26, 2004

to this day I still chuckle thinking about some rebel pilot crashing his B-wing into a planet at a billion miles an hour while pondering whether cheese that comes out of a can is real

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Echi if you still have your VR hat SUPERHOT is a third off at the moment

https://store.steampowered.com/app/617830/SUPERHOT_VR/

it works so well in VR I can't imagine it ever on a regular screen.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

crossposting from the linux thread

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

burning swine posted:

to this day I still chuckle thinking about some rebel pilot crashing his B-wing into a planet at a billion miles an hour while pondering whether cheese that comes out of a can is real

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Echi if you still have your VR hat SUPERHOT is a third off at the moment

https://store.steampowered.com/app/617830/SUPERHOT_VR/

it works so well in VR I can't imagine it ever on a regular screen.

thanks friend, I give it back in a couple days but weeeeeehhheee

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

huntdown is good

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
played it with my roommate. it was fun but it ended abruptly? like they had to cut the final level.

it did nail that genesis nostalgia tho

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the trailer for the next Elite Dangerous expansion got leaked. finally getting space legs and atmospheric landing next year

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ED has long passed star citizen on completeness

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

"leaked"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

drip drip

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
disco elysium

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

disco elysium

the only game that has ever transcended the medium

Valorant is real good if you like flickadowriss

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
bought Rage 2 for ps4 last night

wish I hadn't

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Kuvo posted:

played it with my roommate. it was fun but it ended abruptly? like they had to cut the final level.

it did nail that genesis nostalgia tho

yeah it definitely seems like there's gonna be a fifth level where you clean up and then oh it's just a cut scene hmm

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

toiletbrush posted:

wish I hadn't

owned lmao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

huhwhat posted:

steam controller is the closest thing im aware of, simulates trackballs real well imo

too bad they discontinued it. apparently razer still makes one of those off-hand keypad things

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

toiletbrush posted:

wish I hadn't

is it poo poo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tbh im surprised 2 happened because 1 was boring. i started driving places and realized borderlands did it better and stopped playing

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

echinopsis posted:

is it poo poo
imagine the most boring, empty parts of Just Cause 3, but 10x more boring and empty, with none of the fun vehicles or toys

there's nothing horrendously bad about it, but lots of stuff thats very bad, and nothing particularly good

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

The shooting in rage 2 is good but the game itself sucks rear end and the enemies are all boring. I refunded it on steam even though I bought it with credit lmao

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

abigserve posted:

The shooting in rage 2 is good but the game itself sucks rear end and the enemies are all boring. I refunded it on steam even though I bought it with credit lmao
I didn't even find the shooting that great, on controller at least its really sluggish and laggy. oh and the menu lag...literally 2-3 seconds of waiting just switching between tabs in your inventory lol

The enemies all have zero AI whatsoever and are also omniscient so there's not even any fun to be had doing ambushes or running around sneaking up behind them or whatever.

Good game: Wreckfest

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Should you want to support Racial Justice and Equality and have at least five dollars spare you can get a bundle of over 740 (!!) works on Itch.io right now.

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

I've wanted to play Night in the Woods for a while now so that makes this a bargain for me on that note alone.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Should you want to support Racial Justice and Equality and have at least five dollars spare you can get a bundle of over 740 (!!) works on Itch.io right now.

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

I've wanted to play Night in the Woods for a while now so that makes this a bargain for me on that note alone.
a hell of a deal - and a hell of a fundraiser ($1.6m in a little more than a day)

some good tabletop rpgs in there too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

more poo poo was added to the itch.io bundle in the past day or so

i got ps now on sale and am playing control, which is quite good so far. it’s scp but not too scp and the gameplay a lot of fun too esp. when you can throw all the things and air dash

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i found the actual shooting gameplay in control mediocre but the setting was real cool

picked up house of the dying sun the other day and it is a short but fun tie-fighter like game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56fCuO7JEy4

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Kuvo posted:

i found the actual shooting gameplay in control mediocre but the setting was real cool

picked up house of the dying sun the other day and it is a short but fun tie-fighter like game

house of the dying sun was pretty tight. Wasn't it made by just one guy as well? Was a very good proof that a lot of stuff is just bloated by large development teams, this thing oozed more creative feel than a lot of things out there despite being super short.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kuvo posted:

the shooting got easier to deal with when i figured out all i really wanted was to use the shotgun and just crank it up with weapon damage mods

that plus so much extra health i think i'm triple the base and it lets me get through it and get back to exploring the cool buildings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

shooting for me was a secondary weapon to just smashing the poo poo out of enemies with debris and turning them against their allies. the eternal fire monitor furnace unlocked mod for the grip makes it much easier as a stacked midrange