Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I haven’t tried Bow Hanneman myself, but I always figured his best feature would be brave-effect magic with Magic Bow Hunter's Volley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

t i m e f o r r e s e a r c h

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:stonk: WHAT HAS RESEARCH WROUGHT

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rip and tear until it is done.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
cool I didn't know they put voldo in 3H, is that DLC?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Gunter is only a Jeigan in one route. Though him rejoining partway through Conquest with massively boosted stats is really funny. What kinda stat items was he popping offscreen.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm replaying FE7 and I realized that there is still one question that I have never seen answered in all of my seventeen years playing this series.

what the gently caress does Prf stand for

(I also learned that you can check shop inventories from the prep screen, but not mid-chapter, a thing I also did not know for seventeen years)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm replaying FE7 and I realized that there is still one question that I have never seen answered in all of my seventeen years playing this series.

(I also learned that you can check shop inventories from the prep screen, but not mid-chapter, a thing I also did not know for seventeen years)

I assumed proficiency but :shrug:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I've always parsed it as preferential

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

preferred/preference

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the prf is in the pdg

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

help, mage bernadetta with nosferatu is making my brain explode

i keep carefully letting her get hurt and then instinctively using it to heal the damage back when attacking

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
So you know how in Radiant Dawn 3-4 there's the mission where you need to burn the Begnion supplies in the senator's camp? And there are all the green unit Horses that you can release to rampage around the camp?

Just found out yesterday that mounted units can Rescue the horses. Which brings up some...interesting visuals.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

That map is great and now I’m going have to do that when I get to RD in my current playthrough.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Yeah my wife is replaying RD for like the third time and she's made it her goal to steal everything she possibly can this time, even to the extent of save-scum Disarming certain items. It takes her like three hours to finish each mission but to be fair she's coming away from every match with Heather's inventory completely stuffed.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

drat, it takes me three hours to finish fire emblem chapters when i'm just playing normally

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I've also been replaying RD lately, mostly just trying to play around with cheats in Dolphin. So far I've only managed to get infinite money and BEXP working.

Incidentally, did you know that if you BEXP Muarim all the way up to level 40 he'll cap every stat? I just thought that was interesting.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The last mission that took me three hours was the wind level in Conquest, and let me tell you, that poo poo is burned into my memory.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

nrook posted:

The last mission that took me three hours was the wind level in Conquest, and let me tell you, that poo poo is burned into my memory.

I too wanted to get off of Mr. Fuga's wild ride.

That level alone probably took longer than every level before it combined.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

nrook posted:

lol

if that took 3 hours, try doing it with a starting campaign party on revelations

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tae posted:

lol

if that took 3 hours, try doing it with a starting campaign party on revelations

Rev 9 is a truly singular experience

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Also to fuel the Ike x Ranulf shipping, the first time Eternal Bond plays is 3-4, which is the first map where Ranulf is a playable unit for the Greil Mercenaries and the goal is "Get Ike and Ranulf to the top of the mountain together."

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The majority of my Conquest runs end at Fuga's Wild Ride because I simply don't have patience for that poo poo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Threesome ship, you fools.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Soren doesn't really strike me as the sharing type.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

daermon posted:

The majority of my Conquest runs end at Fuga's Wild Ride because I simply don't have patience for that poo poo.

Honestly it’s a wonder Conquest was initially as praised as it was with the one-two punch of Fuga’s Wild Ride and The Stairway of Golems.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I don't remember having as much trouble with fuuga & the staircase. Or rather, not any more notable length than the rest of the maps.

Revelation, however. I felt the burn.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Honestly it’s a wonder Conquest was initially as praised as it was with the one-two punch of Fuga’s Wild Ride and The Stairway of Golems.

Because vets were coming off Awakening which they absolutely hated, so anything Not-Awakening/Birthright was considered amazing.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Could you imagine if that staircase was in Revelation

you'd have like 5 units and for some reason there are three times as many golems and now there's fog of war

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rannum posted:

you'd have like 5 units and for some reason there are three times as many golems and now there's fog of war
Itd be chapter 8

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I always hated Conquest and I stand by it. The moat Takumi chapter is pretty good tho

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

loving Mustafa is in FEH

there are literally 50% of main characters in other games that aren't in this, wtf

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

Itd be chapter 8

Hey that's not fair, chapter 8 was a relatively small fortress with 4 characters and a ton of enemies. Totally different!

Tae posted:

loving Mustafa is in FEH

there are literally 50% of main characters in other games that aren't in this, wtf

Mustafa being in the game on its own wouldn't be that crazy (so far as one-off bosses people find him memorable) but he's a banner unit too (albeit a demote).
As an awakening unit he beat out:
Kellam
Vaike
Miriiel
Ricken
Gregor
Basilio
Flavia
Laurent
Severa
Yen'fey
Priam
Excellus
Cervantes
Validar

Also normal versions of Noire & Inigo

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

rannum posted:

You say that like that would make it harder and not just tedious since Revelation enemies are kind of just weak trash to be bulldozed over by the units with good bases.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

You say that like that would make it harder and not just tedious since Revelation enemies are kind of just weak trash to be bulldozed over by the units with good bases.

Oh to be clear I am saying it in the scenario of "this would be really tedious" because more than anything else, this is the Revelation calling card.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Endorph posted:

Yeah, marcus is great. Keep in mind that since there's not unlimited exp and theres no pairup for him to function as a statstick you shouldnt like, have him literally solo maps. (This is NOT telling you not to use him at all, just use him for specific objectives where you need to kill some enemies quickly, or bailing people out of trouble)

Ya I kind learned that from my first Awakening playthrough. Investing in more than one unit is better, it reminds me of Pokemon, ya you could have a overleveled starter but at some point you get checked by someone and it's not as fun as using a bunch of different Pokemon .

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

Rev has pretty high enemy quality once you’re into Valla, which really only serves to make its gimmicks that much more tedious

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

From the Heroes thread, Apotheosis Anna is amazing:

https://twitter.com/TheSkidesZ/status/1268974605630353409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I don't get the problem people have with the wind map on conquest. Just turn off the wind with the dragon veins.