Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

looming resonance
Sep 7, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is there anything recently as pro tier as this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

It packed more jokes into 20minutes than most sitcoms, it was a joy to watch and I'd love to see something in a similar vein of awful.

e: can't resist watching it again, and still finding it hilarious that it takes him 12 minutes just to get into a drat spaceship.

This is a pro-click, dude's in charge of a $400+ million company and gets stuck in the chat in his own game, twice.

Also his posture is horrific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1268267333597966337

"I'm so pregnant I accidentally a bald-face lie!" :qq:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

this drat pregnancy hormones

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

some idiot posted:

I have spent $5,835.00 in support of the development of Star Citizen.

How do you write that sentence and not immediately go "oh poo poo, I have obviously been scammed and need to cut my losses right now"? Like, you hear about people who spend huge amounts on mobile games or whatever, but it's all in small increments and it never tallies up how much they've spent in total because most of the time when they see the full amount they immediately realise that it's way more than they thought and stop. But this guy? He knows, down to the dollar, how much he's spent on this non-existent video game and he's still all in?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tiggum posted:

How do you write that sentence and not immediately go "oh poo poo, I have obviously been scammed and need to cut my losses right now"? Like, you hear about people who spend huge amounts on mobile games or whatever, but it's all in small increments and it never tallies up how much they've spent in total because most of the time when they see the full amount they immediately realise that it's way more than they thought and stop. But this guy? He knows, down to the dollar, how much he's spent on this non-existent video game and he's still all in?

My dude/ette

There are people who are five digits deep.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Biggest I've seen was $125k. But that was a while ago and he's been buying more.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Yes, Tom "No Quarter for Insurrectionists, Anarchists, Rioters, and Looters" Cotton is all about preventing the endangerment of lives.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Breetai posted:

Biggest I've seen was $125k. But that was a while ago and he's been buying more.

Has anyone told these people that video games normally cost, like, $60? Less if you wait a few months.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm overtired and had a few beers. This response is cracking me the hell up

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1268277314300887041

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/clairlemon/status/1268318412045877249

I don't know, this sounds like a two-caliper problem.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hard to complain about baby brain when you've always been that dumb

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"This guy's piece trying to convince people that the military should be sent in to kill American protestors doesn't endanger anyone's life!"
As long as you don't consider them people this is a true statement!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

"This guy's piece trying to convince people that the military should be sent in to kill American protestors doesn't endanger anyone's life!"
As long as you don't consider them people this is a true statement!

I've seen a lot of folks complaining about Jim Mattis being a hero after denouncing trump and calling him a threat to the constitution, being late to the party etc... But honestly given this year, it's a low bar I'm happy we cleared

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know, this sounds like a two-caliper problem.
When all you have is two calipers, you probably write for Quillette?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Last time I had to use Moodle, it loving sucked.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MORE STAR CITIZEN, now filling out a racism bingo card. Let me point all of these posts are on their lovely forum "Spectrum", which is why I am low on screenshots of them.

quote:

I am a long time backer of CIG and the project. I won't be leaving or boycotting or anything else.. but I WILL be hoping CIG steps back and thinks about what they did and the impact it does have on REAL people.. including those of us who have lost family to those who some seem to stand in solidarity with.

What's sad are how many forget the victims.. like my niece.. An innocent life taken for a cell phone and wearing the wrong color shirt because she took a wrong turn in a city she was not even from. Or how about the 16 killed this past weekend in Chicago, all black all at the hands of those in those neighborhoods. I don't hear any of you saying one word in outrage.

Where is your solidarity and outrage about those? I don't see it, hear it... nothing. Crickets.. But whoa, anyone that speaks against this current situation.. whoa is you that has the balls to call it out for what it is.. hypocrisy and true racism. Because you speak out about it, you must be the racist and therefore you must be insulted, slammed back, shut down, forbidden from speaking.

The hypocrisy is so thick it is choking. But hey, some you go right on playing your racists narrative attacks on those daring to speak out against the hypocrisy... That's your right. You go ahead and stand in solidarity with the murders, looting, destruction, burning, gang banging, drug dealing, sex trading.

There are TWO types of people on this planet.. Those who are human beings that happen to be of varying skin colors, who live by morals, trust, honor, integrity... And those who do not. Some of my very good friends in real life, are black Americans. My next door neighbor out here in rural America is a Black American family. And you know, I bet some here would be shocked to hear what they have to say about all this.

When anyone posts solidarity with another BECAUSE OF SKIN color, it is THEY who are the racists. Not those who have been victimized and speak out about the hypocrisy of those actions.

quote:

That's like telling your wife that she sucks and is incompetent, because she is working for you and you are your boss.

And then you wonder why you sleep on the couch that night.

You can not just make official and publicly announced statements and then expect that your customers just ignore it and only comment on it on that one place and that it has no other impact.

CIG supports identity politics, doesn't condemn violence, lootings etc. and is also fully against the current US administration, like the movement they support.

Wether you think it's true or not, whether CIG does want people to talk about it or not, this is now exactly what many people will take away from this and everyone with half a brain would've known this at the PR departement before sending out that message

quote:

BLM is as much about all of humanity as modern feminism is about equality, as MGTOW is about more than just hating on women, or how the Antifa is about fighting for freedom and democracy.

If you are against racism you do not turn around immediately and use skin color and identity politics to push an agenda.

I've yet to see a group of people or any movement that grouped together under the banner of identity politics that would then not push for such identity politics.

I don't think CIG wanted to support some upcoming supremacicst movement or support looting and violence. But with that hashtag they certainly opened themselves for such criticism and it's exactly this kind of criticism that their statement provoked, this endless flow of divisive comments that we never wanted in gaming.

If they would've said that they are against racism, violence, hatred, then fine. That's commons sense. No one would've really cared. But they didn't do that. They went beyond ethics and now it's political

quote:

This whole thing this a narrative being driven by the corrupt left, media and deep state. You gotta be touched if you are buying any of it. This is a attempted overthought by the failing democrats. BLM is a racist hate group Cloud Imperium Games
stay out of politics, very idiotic post. Cloud Imperium cuddling with George Soros

quote:

REQUEST REFUNDS OF YOUR FLEETWEEK PURCHASES OVER THIS..

quote:

Please, don't make me regret backing this project.
Keep out of the perpetually negative scam news cycle and real life politics.
This wave is not worth riding. If you use even one backer dollar to anything else than the progress of the game, you will have a shitstorm of refund request.

quote:

Big red flag, right here, just stop with this SJW bullshit, makes CIG look like a joke.

quote:

what a absolute loving joke cig you goon loving scum bags you blast all over your forums and your useless loving mods stating no politics then you bring this poo poo up gently caress you the fact that dude died had nothing to do with loving race those loving BLM scum bag fuckers let a little girl burn in a loving building because they blocked fire crews

If a milquetoast post made on social media about a current event is what kills this monster, I will never stop laughing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

whoa is you

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
‘those people’ thought his six year old niece was in a rival gang bc she was wearing the wrong color shirt.

This guy is completely unhinged.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Midnight Voyager posted:

MORE STAR CITIZEN, now filling out a racism bingo card. Let me point all of these posts are on their lovely forum "Spectrum", which is why I am low on screenshots of them.

chud posted:

If they would've said that they are against racism, violence, hatred, then fine. That's commons sense. No one would've really cared.

Yeah, that's why chuds are always calm and rational and supportive of measures against racism :jerkbag:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There’s some stupid project veritas antifa thing trending. Kpop stans are slipping :/

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ambitious Spider posted:

project veritas

That's still a thing? :psyduck:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

NYT is really going to love my "Maybe we should let all americans kick cops in the balls" article

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/CSPDPIO/status/1268385092927287297

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

‘those people’ thought his six year old niece was in a rival gang bc she was wearing the wrong color shirt.

This guy is completely unhinged.

Even if it happened (which, let me be clear, it didn't), the police would have responded instantly, treated it as a murder, and arrested those responsible. The public would have regarded the dude and his family with sympathy, instead of combing through their entire online history to try and 'prove' his niece was 'one of the bad ones'.

...and that's assuming they didn't just execute the 'urban youths' who were accused of the crime on the spot.

Which is, y'know, kind of the point.

It's like every, 'Well, what about this black man man who murdered a white women, hmmmmmmmmmmmm? Why weren't you rioting then? Makes u think.... who is the real racists...'

I don't know, probably because he was arrested and charged with the crime of murder? Whereas if not for the video George's murderers would still be at work today, committing more war crimes.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

That's still a thing? :psyduck:

Grifters gotta grift

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I showed up to a protest there with a respirator mask. I hope this wasn't my fault :ohdear:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Fister Roboto posted:

I showed up to a protest there with a respirator mask. I hope this wasn't my fault :ohdear:

I've got a feeling any mask that covers the nose and mouth will soon be labeled a gas mask, just like anyone not voluntarily lining up to be tear gassed will be labeled Antifa

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nastyman posted:

I've got a feeling any mask that covers the nose and mouth will soon be labeled a gas mask, just like anyone not voluntarily lining up to be tear gassed will be labeled Antifa

I hope not, that’s the type of mask I use whenever I go to the store. :ohdear:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Because twinks wear high end and/or fast fashion street shoes, not boots.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jinxpandora/status/1268236411314020353

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol that that stupid fascist op ed is causing prominent twitter libs to go,full mask off

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

that stupid fascist op ed

You're gonna have to narrow that one down.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fister Roboto posted:

You're gonna have to narrow that one down.

The Tom Cotton one. People are upset and people like Matty Y are unironically talking about PC culture run amuck

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Tom Cotton one. People are upset and people like Matty Y are unironically talking about PC culture run amuck

fash-adjacent country unable to understand why oppressed population opposes fascism, film at sunset

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Someone punches every single passerby in the dick every day for a week straight. Then on day 7 they show up wearing cups and he goes "Wow. Cups? Really? You came here expecting violence? I thought we could be peaceful about this but I guess not!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

MizPiz posted:

Because twinks wear high end and/or fast fashion street shoes, not boots.

If you can't pull off a nice pair of kinky boots you're not a twink