Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
God, what an edit.

Rechecking the earlier comic, it appears Snout did pay, though it was unclear. I thought that was part of the edit for whatever reason.:

This means he paid and then grabbed one without reading the label then fled for no reason, which is even more stupid. He paid, so he'd have time to sign or write what he wanted, and he should be able to read the label if he read the sign.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

So how long has Arudak been here that he finds Snout wandering naked, but he's never seen this potion seller or.....even heard that a pain relief potion exists.....?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

nailed it

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheHan posted:

Okay, hold on just a minute...why the gently caress would Snout, who was JUST here and tried a remedy that both didn't work and was disgusting...Bring his friend to the SAME SHOP and let him drink another remedy with no warning? This doesn't even BEGIN to add up???

ASK FOR THE loving DEAFNESS CURE YOU STUPID gently caress

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

What the gently caress is up with how arduak is holding that bottle

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Tentacle mongrel witch is really loving confused today since all her medicines are topicals.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

why the hell would we care about Arudak's back pain, GET TO THE POINT

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Dabir posted:

He's gonna rip his own spine out, Fatality-style, and reveal that it's actually a scroll that contains more knowledge about what Dominic Deegan did 200 years ago.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dabir posted:

Mookie is trying to think of one.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
All these years of 'lol u have big boobs so back pain!' jokes and the one time it becomes a plot point it's for a dude.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Midnight Voyager posted:

ASK FOR THE loving DEAFNESS CURE YOU STUPID gently caress

that was the earwax remover

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

All these years of 'lol u have big boobs so back pain!' jokes and the one time it becomes a plot point it's for a dude.
Plot twist it's opposite day and the cure for back pain gives him boobs.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It'll be youth potion and now Snout & Ink Witch have to raise a baby!

sitcom shenanigans ensue, slowly, over the course of 10 months

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Christ, I can see the next 8 months of comics unfolding as though they've already happened, like Dr. Manhattan. They raise the baby together then some contrivance sucks him into a fast time realm and he returns as a teenager so they don't have to do any of that boring childrearing stuff like on any crappy supernatural soap opera. I really hope you're wrong, but as we all know by now, don't put anything past mookie.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay this is the second strip in a row(ish?) that's just repeating something that happened a few strips earlier.

Within a month it'll just be the same page repeatedly and Mookie will have mysteriously disappeared like the end of a boring creepypasta.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cat Mattress posted:

that was the earwax remover

oh goddamnit, nobody's going to advertise an earwax remover as a hearing loss cure i loving hate this man

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Midnight Voyager posted:

oh goddamnit, nobody's going to advertise an earwax remover as a hearing loss cure i loving hate this man

True, though I think Snout saw “cures hearing loss” as a bullet point from a sign and just chugged it down without even reading the bottle. And of course the fact that Snout is deaf, and at no point was the potion even hinted it would do anything about deafness.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 7, 2020

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Snout just operates in a way that makes no real sense for a person, but tons of sense if you were just a person shaped void meant to set up hijinks.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

those cupcakes look like cliparts. I think he shrinks things down so the lines look too fine compared to everything else.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Why the gently caress did we need two panels of oldguy looking at the loving potion that says BACK PAIN RELIEF

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Having fixed the Orc Incel's bad posture, what heights could Snout possibly aspire to next?!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
NO ONE WILL BE SEATED DURING THE THRILLING CUPCAKE SCENE

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Maxwell Lord posted:

NO ONE WILL BE SEATED DURING THE THRILLING CUPCAKE SCENE

Somebody please edit today's comic to be about the roller coaster

Thank you for riding

E: the devastator (devastator devastator)

Mx. fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 8, 2020

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

the yeti posted:

Why the gently caress did we need two panels of oldguy looking at the loving potion that says BACK PAIN RELIEF
If there's one thing mookie's not capable of, aside from anything, it's varying his panel layout.

TheHan posted:

Snout just operates in a way that makes no real sense for a person, but tons of sense if you were just a person shaped void meant to set up hijinks.
The minotaur thing has drastically changed size. Snout was up to dick height when he bumped into him a few minutes ago, but now he's up to the minotaur's chest.

The Little Death posted:

those cupcakes look like cliparts. I think he shrinks things down so the lines look too fine compared to everything else.
They are. I've definitely seen them on bake sale fliers. That seems par for the course for mookie.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Now that we've confirmed these potions actually work. What's stopping Snout from just getting the hearing potion right now?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
His crippling stupidity?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The hearing potion WAS the earwax remover. Because when your earwax builds up it impairs your hearing, see? Snout just didn't read it beforehand.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Invisible Clergy posted:

If there's one thing mookie's not capable of, aside from anything, it's varying his panel layout.

The minotaur thing has drastically changed size. Snout was up to dick height when he bumped into him a few minutes ago, but now he's up to the minotaur's chest.

They are. I've definitely seen them on bake sale fliers. That seems par for the course for mookie.

I think what he did was take the original minotaur and cupcakes panel and draw the rest of the minotaur. The hand position and upper body look the same. So, cupcakes look small because they are copied from earlier panel.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Invisible Clergy posted:

Well the cupcakes and top half of the minotaur also seem to be copy+pasted from his first appearance. He probly just shrunk it down and didn't bother re-drawing it.

Edit: Yeah, what they said.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 8, 2020

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Arudak had never considered purchasing pain relief medication before and now he is eternally indebted to Snout, who is apparently smarter than him.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Libra posted:

Arudak had never considered purchasing pain relief medication before and now he is eternally indebted to Snout, who is apparently smarter than him.

I'm pretty sure literally everyone in this comic is an idiot.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Unless that potion wears off or has some other comical reversal of fortune, the potions are legit. Why did Snout not immediately ask for an anti-deafness potion? There's still countless reasons why it could fail (to preserve Snout's deafness, since it's sadly his main character trait), why does he not even ask?

Drunk Theory posted:

I'm pretty sure literally everyone in this comic is an idiot.
(other than this)

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Because at that point, it was a joke that hearing loss potion was just and ear wax remover. Now Mookie subverts that joke, so the back pain relief is real instead of being like drinking Voltaren. Mookie believes this is clever.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Little Death posted:

Because at that point, it was a joke that hearing loss potion was just and ear wax remover. Now Mookie subverts that joke, so the back pain relief is real instead of being like drinking Voltaren. Mookie believes this is clever.
That checks out while also being weird/dumb, so that makes sense. The ear wax remover was specifically marked "do not drink" (unlike the back pain remover) so she presumably does have specific potions. A combination of me forgetting the details (should've checked) and the presence of separate, functional potions threw me.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 8, 2020

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:lmao:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

TheHan posted:

Well the cupcakes and top half of the minotaur also seem to be copy+pasted from his first appearance. He probly just shrunk it down and didn't bother re-drawing it.

Edit: Yeah, what they said.

The copypasted minotaur breaks the panel border. Holy poo poo.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
BIG revelations in the newest page of the Legacy. We finally get the answer to the question that's been on everyone's mind; Why is Snout so invested in learning about what happened to Dominic Deegan 200 years ago? What could possibly compel him to risk his life, lose everything he's ever had and suffer constant humiliation? What does Snout get out of the history of a long dead man he has never known?

Ah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Abandoned my home and everything I know because...i dunno, kinda felt like it?