Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

apparently the chuddieness is a result of the no friends, and the lack of friends is because his money has just made him paranoid. He has nothing in common with other rich people, and doesn't trust anyone who isn't rich to not just act like his friend to get to his money

sadly, by becoming so nasty about he, he guaranteed neither thing will ever change

IIRC, his wife divorced him and straight up didn't even ask for anything in the divorce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Government response to protests being organised in Australia (stock photo, they haven't happened yet) + comments.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Not so much an idiot as a time traveller from 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

That "most relevant" setting is the worst. Not only does it just hide some responses for inscrutable reasons, it also shows everything out of order. What a wonderful feature.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

TheMostFrench posted:

Government response to protests being organised in Australia (stock photo, they haven't happened yet) + comments.

Karen, you're not indigenous, you're indignant. There's a difference.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/CaseyExplosion/status/1268893063168110601?s=19

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/GraceTveit/status/1268894714075336705?s=20

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

TheMostFrench posted:

An Australian correspondent team got assaulted by American police while broadcasting live news. Even if not considering solidarity for the movement they should be at least outraged by that. These people are beyond help.

Edit:
Soldiers and the homeless are no different. They are the same to me.

https://twitter.com/iheartmindy/status/1268882516120793088

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 15:37 on Jun 5, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I never ever thought I'd see the day where the 3rd amendment would be brought up in any situation ever

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This reminds me of 2015 in Ontario when chuds were flipping their poo poo at the idea that refugees could be housed in barracks. Like Trudeau would just kick poor, helpless soldiers onto the streets with no recompense and give their homes to foreigners, and the canadian government has absolutely no reason to house soldiers except the goodness of their patriotic hearts.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
An EMT who works near me just got super fired for his Facebook posting and he deserved it. Spoilering for racial slurs and dumb assery.

I think I finally got all the names out of it. Every time I looked I’d find a new one.

Ugly In The Morning has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Jun 5, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"That Chris Rock Routine" amirite

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

He even did the “I have black friends” thing. I usually wouldn’t post something like that here but I’m furious, this is someone who is supposed to help people and he’s a big ol’ turboracist. It makes things way more difficult when it comes to people trusting EMS when there’s people like that out there. One of my friends worked with him and apparently he was a public safety hazard so really, gently caress that guy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Black Panthers operated community ambulances to get people to the hospital because local EMS couldn't or wouldn't come to certain areas.

I wonder why????

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Black Panthers operated community ambulances to get people to the hospital because local EMS couldn't or wouldn't come to certain areas.

I wonder why????

That has at least stopped, you get dispatched and you’re going.

But there’s still insidious bullshit. When the last chief was still in charge, they had a staff meeting to give out incidental duties. My medic partner of the last five+ years is black, and he got put on “mopping the station” even though he was way more qualified for various other stuff, and the most senior employee. The new chief is way better about it but elderly patients will still ask “are you qualified to do this” when he goes to start IVs and whatnot. It’s insidious.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/benjamingrundy/status/1268012443365543936

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

My medic partner is a black man and had this to say when he saw that post. Spoilering for racial slurs again. If this isn’t allowed, let me know and I’ll delete ‘em.

That whole thing pre-dates the Chris rock routine but that definitely made it more visible. IIRC he regrets ever doing that bit but it definitely came from something that he heard a lot growing up.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Capitalism:

Oppressors & Oppressed: "Gettin' along!" "Funky!"

Communism:

Oppressors & Oppressed: *chaos*

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/nucleartakes/status/1268891027143823361?s=21

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Man, you know what else divides people between oppressors and the oppressed?

Oppression.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Causes of division: acknowledging oppression, taking action to reduce oppression

Not a cause of division: oppression

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it's more that they refuse to acknowledge the concept of oppression, they think it's something made up, an affectation. Because libertarians don't believe in material conditions or societal effects. Except the government which is also made up and bad (but real)

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Inceltown posted:

Lets just say there is a lot of nws content that disproves your hypothesis.

'Sexy James Acaster' is not a phrase I ever thought would spring to mind.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1268603674822979585

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1268954927616921600?s=21

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

That guy has very sexy vagina bones going on.

Edit: conversation has moved on and this comment now looks crazy. Oh well.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Come on, this has to be a bit.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

No one tell her about the Hatchetman.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1268957240297508864

No lie the posters there warm my heart to no end.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Turns out Rooster Teeth may not be a nice place for women!

https://twitter.com/MicaBurton/status/1268273906344800256

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

conservatives giving dudes with tiny dicks a bad name

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Poor guy feeling imsulted.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hashtag Not Small Dicks

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

as someone with a petite ladydong i give all you itt the small-penis card. you can say people have a small penis and make fun of e'm. go and be at peace, telling cops they have small dicks

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

T-man posted:

as someone with a petite ladydong i give all you itt the small-penis card. you can say people have a small penis and make fun of e'm. go and be at peace, telling cops they have small dicks

Wait a minute, this is a small penis-card!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was given to understand that dick energy is not strongly correlated with actual dick size or possession thereof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

OwlFancier posted:

I was given to understand that dick energy is not strongly correlated with actual dick size or possession thereof.

Correct. Some of the commonly cited examples of "big dick energy" are definitely dick-non-havers.

Racists are huge dicks; they may or may not have huge dicks (or any dicks); the dick energy they radiate is small.