Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidthulhu posted:

I’ve confirmed he’s a universal backup. Why do you think that’s a scum role?
I don't care about his role, he has played a scummy game.

In the Ecco game I was just in people went on and on "that role can't be scum" guess what? They were. Based on their scummy play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Quidthulhu posted:

I’ve confirmed he’s a universal backup. Why do you think that’s a scum role?

I don't think CCK is scum but I'd make a scum backup role in a second. Perfect sort of role.

And yes I think I want to see flips over another execution at this point.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##vote no dunk

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote no axe

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Execute No One! (4): Somberbrero, yuming, merk, merk, Quidthulhu, Mr. Humalong
merk (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Somberbrero (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, merk, Voodoofly

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 05th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Diving beneath the waves, deeper and deeper you go. Pushing the loss of both of your teachers to the back of your mind as the pressure of the depths pushes in on your personal submersibles. Through the twilight zones, down through the midnight zone, deep into The Abyss. Helpful infographics pop up telling you the zones are also known as the mesopelagic zone, the bathypelagic zone and the abyssopelagic zone. But none of that is important. The terrifying darkness, the complete absences of light, provides the class with an opportunity. It is obvious that someone is sabotaging these field trips, if you can gather them up in the dark and get rid of them in one fell swoop, you can get back to school with the remnants of your class.
So you chatter back and forth over your radios, not seeing your classmates makes it easier as you decide who lives and who gets left behind.
In the end you decide on two. You open up The Frizz’s override and program the submersibles of Ralphie and Keesha to just keep diving. Deeper and deeper they go. No whines, no whimpers from either of them, you just hear the pops and cracks through your radios as they dive deep into the Hadalpelagic zone, then a loud pop, and nothing. You thought it would be easier without seeing it. But it haunts you, the silence haunts you.

Akarshi Ralphie Town-aligned One-Shot Vigilante has been executed Day 3.

nerox Keesha Town-aligned Vanilla has been executed Day 3.

N3 starts now, please get your night actions in within 24 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Wow that thing we wanted to avoid yesterday happened anyway

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Dammit. Worst case gg scum ?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Jesus Christ that flavor is creepier than anything I've written for a game.

Woof.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Quelle surprise, merk was wrong.

Starting to think it's a yuming/merk scumteam, since I was wrong about Akarshi.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I can't believe I talked myself into voting for a vig. That was dumb.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

:ghost:You tune your radio. At first there's nothing but static, but hark - there's a strange sound, almost like a voice. You attune your ears. From the deepest depths of the Hadalpelagic zone, you hear the faint whine of Ralphie's voice: 'the...lan...' But before you can hear more, the signal cuts out and the rest is silence.:ghost:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
welp

nerox
May 20, 2001
:ghost: Thanks for giving me thalassophobia on my way out Grandicap! :ghost:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

No more cruisin’, barely any mainstreet. After yesterday everyone is pretty much silent. Ther holo displays on your subs show the next destination is rock mountain. Wanda gives a halfhearted “Wahoo”, more because the silence needs to be broken, and it’s what the Frizz would say.
Out of the inky blackness of the depths of the ocean. You thought your salvation lay in the darkness, but you found only despair. As all of your subs start ascending into the twilight zone, you begin to make out the shapes of your classmate’s subs. All save one. Tim’s sub never reappears. Was he crushed by the immense pressure, or was there some kind of mechanical glitch? You will never know. What you do know is that your class is getting smaller and smaller. And your chances of survival are getting proportionally small.

CCKeane Tim Town-aligned Seer has been executed Day 3.
A Seer finds out the field trip of the following day as the day opens. They are also informed of any special rules that will be in effect for that field trip.

The remaining subs break the surface of the water and speed towards the shore. As they shoot out of the water and ground themselves on the beach, they sprout big, chunky wheels meant for offroading and speed inland.
There is very little talking amongst the remaining class as they head towards the Walkerville Mountain range. Just the sounds of gravel crunching under the wheels of your personal ATVs, formerly personal Submersibles, fills your ears. Again, helpful facts about erosion fill your screens, but no one, not even DA, seems interested in learning about it.

D4 Starts now, deadline June 8th @ 9PM Eastern.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): merk, Mr. Humalong, Quidthulhu, Somberbrero, Voodoofly, yuming

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 08th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 9 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

It’s merk and Voodoo isn’t it

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I thought of that but I still think it's Somb. We should mass claim imo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Agreed on the mass claim.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
My theory is rolecop was town cop. Scum need something p OP to counteract the miller/GF dynamic then, however.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
So I am just reading Voodoo's post history without context atm.

What I am looking for in my scum-yesterday and the day before profile is players who were willing to vote just about anyone.

I think it stands out that Voodoo spoke so negatively of nerox and then claimed he would've voted him the day before.

Voodoofly posted:

Why are you he’ll bent on nerox? This post is calling NLK scummy.

Voodoofly posted:

Merk's vote on Nerox sucks. It's literally saying he thinks a newbie scum would hammer Sand at the same moment that Quid did and anyone else in this game would have done regardless of alignment. Nerox isn't a new player and it's a stupid vote when he admits his biggest town read did the exact same thing.

That coupled with his voting Akarshi but skipping the exact post where Akarshi explains he is shifting towards Hal feels super sloppy and disengaged, but I don't really see it as scummy. It's hard for me to believe the post on Akarshi is something he really thought he could make a good case on and purposefully missed that post-shooting down his entire theory.

Voodoofly posted:

I had no idea lights out worked like this. I thought we just all put votes down and at the deadline anyone over the majority would be flipped.

##vote nerox I would have voted him yesterday without lights out today.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Stands out as scummy, obviously. I wish I would've held a bit stronger in the fact I thought nerox was town. Alas~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

What I am looking for in my scum-yesterday and the day before profile is players who were willing to vote just about anyone.

yuming posted:

Stands out as scummy, obviously. I wish I would've held a bit stronger in the fact I thought nerox was town. Alas~

I take your point, but also, you gave up on me pretty easily yesterday :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I started the day voting you, everyone is just so stubbornly set on their pet case town is gonna lose.

At the end of the day I didn't want to kill a third player without seeing the flips because I knew endgame was coming.

With the way ~communication~ has gone this game I think we are going to lose but I don't want to.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I agree. I don't think I want to vote you though. I think you are just really sure of yourself, but it's easy to be paranoid.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
My plan is to try and find the other scum today because I think we're more likely to get a consensus on a fresh case.

I think it is probably Voodoo.

My reasoning for Hum being town is that he seemed like an easy target scum went after. Also, my read on him overall was similar to Naga and Keane: their reads and posts were sometimes came across scummy for lack of context in thread, but when they went back and dug deeper into the game their opinions come across as organic and consistent to me.

Quid is consistent/stubborn and I got a VERY strong D1 town read on him.

merk I have liked his cases overall. I don't see a scummy POV behind his push on nerox and he went after Sand in a way that doesn't read like bussing.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also these posts:

Mr. Humalong posted:

If nerox shoots me it’s no huge loss to town

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think Akarshi was town. Nerox was almost definitely scum.

I don’t think voting out a third person is the best play here.
I see a flippant town POV here.

Voodoo's hesitance to end the day yesterday, or at least the willingness to think about another kill ~if town wants~ fits more in line with scum POV.

Scum would've loved another dead townie, but would be self-conscious about pushing it too hard and Voodoo fits there.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m vanilla town.

I’m about 90% sure Voodoo is one of the scum. 50/50 on the other one being merk

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Not voting yet because this is almost definitely MYLO

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Waiting to hear arguments from merk and voodoo.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Not Quid?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello, I’m Goldie, Survivor. Flavor is that I’m the new assistant and Liz wants to come back to the show, so I need to stick around for the next season.

I thought scum was Nerox, was not convinced on Akarshi. Not sure it makes sense to stick my neck out on a pick here. I’m malleable.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Liz is the dumb lizard from the old show. Goldie is the cool monkey from the new show. I had no idea either until I googled.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also maybe I have a Bp! Don’t try to kill me! Who knows!!!!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

Not Quid?

Not really.

That's a very silly claim merk.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Liz is the dumb lizard from the old show. Goldie is the cool monkey from the new show. I had no idea either until I googled.

I am that dumb lizard, gently caress you!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Or maybe I also am a Hider! It would be foolish to target me is what we’ve learned.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I am that dumb lizard, gently caress you!

I hope you lose regardless of alignment if I survive. My role PM doesn’t say anything like that, but I hope it’s true.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Some Fun Facts about Quid:

D1

Quidthulhu posted:

This feels a tad performative, there's no real danger or even possibility of yuming me the dunk today, so why Sandwolf all concerned about it

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, I think Sandwolf might be scum. This wishy washy statement is not a great followup to the half a page of discussion about how they're not concerned that he has no reads, but are concerned that he's staying neutral, and this post works REALLY hard to do that again.

How in the world did all y'all shoot Hal at the end of this :psyduck:

Quidthulhu posted:

And some whiteknighting from Sandwolf, it's coming together folks!
Quid calls out Sandwolf hard.

Quidthulhu posted:

mafia dadding disguised as scumhunting

Akarshi/Sandwolf/merk scumteam, lock it in folks.
But he stays on Akarshi and merk WAY harder.

Also, this post at EOD1

Quidthulhu posted:

Hurm.

Any other reads, Sand?
Doesn't seem consistent with thinking Sand is scum. Quid then reverses on his Sandwolf call because "Sand is putting in effort."

And proceeds to lay into merk for the rest of the thread.

Quid's more recent posts don't stand out much. A lot of MERK IS SCUM. Nothing inconsistent about his Akarashi and nerox suspicions.

The worst parts of Quid's recent posts are some of the nonsense comments about the mechanics of the game. As town here, understanding the consequences of voting out three people yesterday was important. And Quid made some really over the top comments like:

Quidthulhu posted:

This let's people hide behind not having to form an opinion on D2 that is on public record. I really strongly feel it was a bad call.

Quidthulhu posted:

If you're concerned about scum taking you to LYLO with me I'm surprised you're not supporting resolving your flip now to avoid that problem!
These just veer so hard it comes across strange to me.

I'm not really sold on Quid as scum, but I can imagine it more than before, is my point I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well, that's a claim.

If we have two scum here and merk isn't one of them we're S O L.