Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsHI5RWz_AU
This is the new fight event on the ptr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i flunked out posted:

sometimes the bees get out of the honey house and away from the honey beasts and go kill robots :shrug:

That could be it. I showed up late and he was dead when I got there. A few people were waiting around, I think to see if anything would happen.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
Only 28 more overseer ranks til I get my pink power armor. Now if only they would make non-skin paints applicable to T65

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

During Fasnacht events I always see people not in power armor jump on top of roofs, like they had a jetpack.

Can I have a jetpack without power armor? Or is that some other thing they're using? Because I'd love to jump onto roofs.

e: while I'm asking, does anyone have tips for the final quest, specifically how to kill the drat cargobot to get a nuclear keycard? It moves fast on the map, and when I reach it, it then zooms away at the first shot so fast that I can't land any more shots... it's a pain in the rear end, I swear I tried 20 times but never managed to kill it

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 5, 2020

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

TorakFade posted:

During Fasnacht events I always see people not in power armor jump on top of roofs, like they had a jetpack.

Can I have a jetpack without power armor? Or is that some other thing they're using? Because I'd love to jump onto roofs.

e: while I'm asking, does anyone have tips for the final quest, specifically how to kill the drat cargobot to get a nuclear keycard? It moves fast on the map, and when I reach it, it then zooms away at the first shot so fast that I can't land any more shots... it's a pain in the rear end, I swear I tried 20 times but never managed to kill it

You can have a Jetpack for the Secret Service Armor, specifically for the Chest. It owns but unless you have 2 leg pieces with 50% fall damage reduction you WILL die a lot before you master the art of jetpacking around. ;)

For the cargo bot, aim for one of the thrusters. It will remain more or less stationary once one or two of them are severely damaged and can be picked off easily after that. Or go full on Rambo with a Minigun, LMG, Gatling Laser. Anything with a high fire rate drops those things like flies. My Gauss Minigun basically melts them and the 3 vertibirds out of the sky. Plus, you really don't need the quest. The whole thing is also a not very rare random encounter. Farm them whenever you see them. I'm currently holding 40+ key cards.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 5, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TorakFade posted:

It is kinda buggy depending on where you are on the map they can fly way way way outside any weapons range up to the sky hitbox. For example down in ash heep is will fly so high at one point you have to use the elevator to get to the very top of the giant excavator to even shoot at it. And if it decides its time to run there's a chance it can out fly you even fast traveling infront of it.

So pretty much just chase after it and hope for the best, you may want to use some kind of automatic weapon just so you can shoot as many times at it while you can.

Sensenmann posted:

Farm them whenever you see them. I'm currently holding 40+ key cards.

That's 40+ pounds of nuclear keycards. Are you really using them all?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TorakFade posted:

Marsupial helps too.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

That's 40+ pounds of nuclear keycards. Are you really using them all?

30 in my vending machines, 10 in my stash, 5 on my person. :)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tenzarin posted:

They don't care as long as you give them a bed ( literally any kind of bed), some water, and their daily tato to eat.

Your Daily Tato would be a good name for a home gardening blog or something.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TorakFade posted:

Yeah, this is mostly marsupial. From what I've seen nearly everyone over level 50 has marsupial. It's enough to easily get on 1 story roofs which can usually also get you to the roof of two story houses.

Speaking of mutations, how often does the stock change at the Enclave? Been trying to get twisted muscles and they never have it.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

Speaking of mutations, how often does the stock change at the Enclave? Been trying to get twisted muscles and they never have it.

Tried server hopping? Before player vending was a thing I did just that and got all mutations I wanted in 3 hops.

Or, and that will definitely be cheaper, check player vending machines. Going rate is between 300 and 600 for a serum, anything above that is people trying to bullshit you.

You could also just buy the plans but that will cost you a lot.

You want to go full on Melee?

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 5, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I thought vendors sold all plans they can sell everyday now

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sensenmann posted:

Speaking of which. I'm a one or two handed melee fighter for my raider character. Did I make a mistake taking the Twisted Muscles mutation? Is that just pure melee, no weapons at all (besides brass knuckles-type weapons)?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Yeah, this is mostly marsupial. From what I've seen nearly everyone over level 50 has marsupial. It's enough to easily get on 1 story roofs which can usually also get you to the roof of two story houses.

Sounds cool! I have 5 int but that's mostly for perks, I don't mind having it reduced to 1 for other purposes. I don't have the starched genes perk or room in my standard loadout for it though... Guess I will have to get a couple more levels and remember to equip it before taking radaways.

Now to actually get it... I got a grand total of 1 mutation in more than 60 hours of gameplay and I don't feel like playing mutation lottery or paying half my caps stash for an enclave serum so I guess I have to hope to find a player vendor machine that has it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

IUG posted:

Speaking of which. I'm a one or two handed melee fighter for my raider character. Did I make a mistake taking the Twisted Muscles mutation? Is that just pure melee, no weapons at all (besides brass knuckles-type weapons)?

No, it’s any sort of melee

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sensenmann posted:

Tried server hopping? Before player vending was a thing I did just that and got all mutations I wanted in 3 hops.

Or, and that will definitely be cheaper, check player vending machines. Going rate is between 300 and 600 for a serum, anything above that is people trying to bullshit you.

You could also just buy the plans but that will cost you a lot.

The only thing I ever use ranged for is turrets

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The only thing I ever use ranged for is turrets

Good, even with Class Freak equipped the effects of TM on accuracy with guns is noticable and annoying.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

TorakFade posted:

Sounds cool! I have 5 int but that's mostly for perks, I don't mind having it reduced to 1 for other purposes. I don't have the starched genes perk or room in my standard loadout for it though... Guess I will have to get a couple more levels and remember to equip it before taking radaways.

Now to actually get it... I got a grand total of 1 mutation in more than 60 hours of gameplay and I don't feel like playing mutation lottery or paying half my caps stash for an enclave serum so I guess I have to hope to find a player vendor machine that has it

Player vendors. I've found one today who sold all serums for 250 a pop. Stocked up in case I want to switch my build again. With 200 level ups in the bank experimenting is easy.

Flux should only be spent on ammo unless you like to run silos a lot.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

IUG posted:

Twisted muscles is all melee weapons and talons is only for unarmed weapons.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Found a BE Handmade in a vendor for 10k. Did i miss a nerf of find a great deal?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

Found a BE Handmade in a vendor for 10k. Did i miss a nerf of find a great deal?

Nerfed a while ago but still not a poo poo weapon. 2* or 3*?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sensenmann posted:

Nerfed a while ago but still not a poo poo weapon. 2* or 3*?

3* with perception being the third

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

A goon friend bought a quad double barrel shotgun with increased firing rate and damage. It is insane. I had him switch around some points and pump enforcer and he's tuning up every monster in Appalachia.

Murmghr or whatever his name is gave me a good roll with a 3* bloodied pump action with extra damage aiming down sights and 15% faster reloads. With all my shotgunner perks and enforcer, I am become death.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

3* with perception being the third

Handmade B/E/P go for between 25k and 42k caps, so that's a true bargain. Like, seriously, don't trade this away for less unless there are a lot of rare plans offered as well.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
It's a Quad, +50% Limb Damage and Perception. The DB Shotgun really doesn't need a fire rate increase, it's already more than fast enough which is, under normal circumstances, balanced out by the 2 round limit. What really makes it shine is the further increase of damage using the Concentrated Fire Perk on top of all the other stuff. One shoting lvl 67+ glowing Wendigos and seeing them smack against the nearest wall just doesn't get old. It's prbly not super optimized, but it's fun and good enough for pretty much all content.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Untrustable posted:

A goon friend bought a quad double barrel shotgun with increased firing rate and damage. It is insane. I had him switch around some points and pump enforcer and he's tuning up every monster in Appalachia.

Murmghr or whatever his name is gave me a good roll with a 3* bloodied pump action with extra damage aiming down sights and 15% faster reloads. With all my shotgunner perks and enforcer, I am become death.

She's called Mumbles. :colbert:

Pump shotguns own. Even if you don't straight up murder your target the crippling effect usually turns them into a non issue. Especially fun with Assaultrons. gently caress you and your gently caress off face melting laser. :D

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Wait, I’m suppose to be selling my three weapons for 1000s of caps? I’ve just been selling them for 250 at the most.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Feindfeuer posted:

It's a Quad, +50% Limb Damage and Perception. The DB Shotgun really doesn't need a fire rate increase, it's already more than fast enough which is, under normal circumstances, balanced out by the 2 round limit. What really makes it shine is the further increase of damage using the Concentrated Fire Perk on top of all the other stuff. One shoting lvl 67+ glowing Wendigos and seeing them smack against the nearest wall just doesn't get old. It's prbly not super optimized, but it's fun and good enough for pretty much all content.

This. This is the goon who was laughing like crazy while he showed me how much shoot he could do all at once with his 8 shot double barrel. It's truly majestic to see.

Back Hack posted:

Wait, I’m suppose to be selling my three weapons for 1000s of caps? I’ve just been selling them for 250 at the most.

No. Keep selling them at 250. Also add me.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Back Hack posted:

A good place to check if what you got is worth anything or should go into the scrip machine instead is Fed76.com

Don't bother with anything Nocturnal, Exterminator, Berserker and all that jazz. That's scrip fodder or Vault 76 entrance drop off material.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

loving the double XP weekend. I started up a new character to go melee/heavy weapons/PA and I'm already level 8 after what, 40 minutes of play and the first couple tutorial quests!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Please lord delivery me from the pubbies in nuclear winter.

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
Reward from my first weapon cache mission after finishing Daguerre's quests :

Guess I'm playing a bloodied build now !

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lost my retainer posted:

Guess I'm playing a bloodied build now !

Does Fallout 76 actually have enough freedom and variation in character customization to make "builds" a thing in-game? How important are stats?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

frajaq posted:

Does Fallout 76 actually have enough freedom and variation in character customization to make "builds" a thing in-game? How important are stats?

Yes and very so you can maximize your weapon damage.

Generally the only not viable build is pistols. Energy struggles because it is expensive.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Generally the only not viable build is pistols.

Pistols rely on high luck builds so you can unleash multiple rapid crits and maximize damage in VATS

Many A True Nerd typically runs a pistol/shotgun build and gets along just fine

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Pistols are most likely just fine. You kill SBQ with 19 other people if your not being the dps king I don't think anyone will notice or care.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
Yeah but pistols have no armor piercing perk and the cripple perk sucks rear end and not in the fun way. So even a VATS crit headshot build ends up becoming kinda meh compared to basically every other weapon class.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

bessantj posted:

Quick and possibly stupid question about Fallout 4 and settlements. Does shelter effect happiness? If I have enough beds for everyone but have them out in the open will this reduce/have any effect happiness?

Yes, it does. Your settlers get happiness bonuses of +20% with enough food, +20% enough water, +20% enough security (= food + water), +10% a bed, +10% a roof on the bed.

The problem is that in a typical feat of :bethesda: it isn't guaranteed that the roof will actually be loaded in when happiness is calculated for the settlement, so the last +10% applies very sporadically.

If you're using Sim Settlements they've hard-coded all the residential plot beds to count as having roofs.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just got my fourth father winter helmet what the fucks up with bethesda's RNG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So far I have received a single deathclaw mask. I'm also up to like 250 treasury notes from logging in every hour and just afking the event. I'll have enough gold bullion to get the rest of the plans I want and then coast because nothing else really matters from the gold bullion vendor.