Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

there wolf posted:

It's why Lester got my vote for worst (still active, Liccar finally drowned in his own bile or something I guess) cartoonist when we had that competition. Branco owns being dumb and mean, but Lester thinks he's being clever with his spite. It's a hateful man condescending you to about how petty, stupid bigotry is the real wit and wisdom.
I have terrible news for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Grimdude posted:

I've been with this thread for like 100 years but this might be the worst cartoon I've ever seen.

"Look how awful this thing is! Defacing George Floyd's grave/legacy! Just imagine if they did this thing I'm depicting!"
The real vandalism is his use of the MS Paint spraycan tool.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Most of the Aussie cartoons are about the HomeBuilder program: after promising a "tradie-led recovery" from the recession, Scott Morrison announced a $25,000 grant to eligible* home owner-occupier builds and renovations starting in the next six months. Many are focusing on part of the asterisk that renovations have to be at least $150k to $750k. Also notably not a large public construction project for our need for social housing.
* very long list of limits on how much people earn, how much house is worth, what renos are allowed, etc.

Broelman:

"Franking credits" are a refund on share dividends which was introduced first by Keating (as treasurer) because shareholders were being taxed twice at both corporate tax and income tax level. But they were then extended by the Howard government to be paid out to shareholders who weren't actually paying any tax, so instead of reducing taxed twice to taxed once, they move from no tax to getting a cheque from the government for owning shares.
It was a key issue in the last Australian election and probably a large part why Labor lost. See What are franking credits and why are some boomers so angry? (SBS May 2019).

Knight:

There are rallies planning in Australian cities for the weekend while we are still in a high level of restrictions and the state premiers are in a difficult position. In Victoria Premier Dan Andrews is saying that he won't arrest or fine protesters for breaching lockdown but he's strongly advising not to come to the centre of Melbourne and crowd together while we still haven't fully got the virus under control.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Building the Education Revolution was part of the Rudd government's stimulus package for the Global Financial Crisis back in 2010. It was criticised at the time for schools constructing building they didn't need because the money was only there for certain projects. The "Pink Batts Scandal" is also Rudd era: Energy Efficient Home Package.
i.e. Labor Construction Projects Also Bad when Liberals come out with construction project shocker.

Le Lievre:

Rowe 1:

Rowe 2:

Wilcox:

Zanetti:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fathis Munk posted:

HOW MUCH ARE THESE PEOPLE PAYING BEN. Every other day he makes a cartoon for them.

I checked a while back and while I don't remember the exact sums Ben makes way less per commission than way less talented people who draw Transformers loving. That at least is a lol.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Something is missing here

FTFY

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

By popular demand posted:

FTFY

Lol

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow so in Australia, covid 19 isn't predominantly killing lower class minorities like it is in America? Sounds like a pretty magical place.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

the_steve posted:

I can never get imgur to work right on my phone, but here's a link to a new Rob Rogers

https://www.facebook.com/549542561/posts/10157802341007562/

I got you, bro.

g

edit: Beaten to the punch, but it's still a good comic, so

Aoi fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 5, 2020

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Grimdude posted:

I've been with this thread for like 100 years but this might be the worst cartoon I've ever seen.

The wise man solemnly bowed his head and said: "There is always more and it is always worse."

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

FTFY

I'm annoyed that even with the 2-week delay, Fishman has created an accurate cartoon. Good edit, too.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Fishman seems like a way better writer than Tinsley. The strip's still hackneyed and unfunny but it is a drat sight better.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow so in Australia, covid 19 isn't predominantly killing lower class minorities like it is in America? Sounds like a pretty magical place.

Covid19 has only really killed old and white in Australia. And 102 in total. The fuckwits in charge somehow got the response fairly right

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I got you, bro.

g

edit: Beaten to the punch, but it's still a good comic, so

This one is painful, but also correct and good, especially after seeing so many other awful takes posted.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Covid19 has only really killed old and white in Australia. And 102 in total. The fuckwits in charge somehow got the response fairly right

Seems like that after the first response stage no one had grossly hosed up execpt for the US.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Fishman seems like a way better writer than Tinsley. The strip's still hackneyed and unfunny but it is a drat sight better.

It's occasionally gotten a legitimate chuckle out of me.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: This Virtual Campaign Is Even Less Exciting Than the Usual Virtual Campaign

Ted Rall posted:

Can Joe Biden win a presidential campaign from his basement on a small screen without anyone watching? We’re about to find out. Of course, it’s not like most people ever get to interact with the candidates anyway. It’s just that television seems more “real” than the Internet.

Tags: 2020 presidential campaign, Campaigning, coronavirus, COVID-19, crowd, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Lock down, rally, Television, virtual campaigning, zoom

First Dog on the Moon: The economy is going to hell! So have a go - do a reno

I was disappointed the previous Aussie cartoons missed the best bit of Scott Morrison's HomeBuilder announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thJRRcHGbQQ

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Huh. I thought I heard that Aboriginal Australians had way worse general health than white Australians, so I figured that would turn into them dying at a higher rate per capita. It didn't?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

FTFY

:laffo:

Gaybies nomination: Best Edit/Parody

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: This Virtual Campaign Is Even Less Exciting Than the Usual Virtual Campaign

Rall, motherfucker, those riots you loving wanted are goddamn happening right loving now

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh. I thought I heard that Aboriginal Australians had way worse general health than white Australians, so I figured that would turn into them dying at a higher rate per capita. It didn't?

Yes they indeed have worse general health. However the lockdowns and ban on travel made sure it just never got into those communities in the first place and as far as I am aware,testing was availible early for them - most of the deaths and a high percentage of cases overall were related to nursing homes and cruise ships

As much as I would the leery about big gatherings, the fact is that Australia has gently caress all community transmission now and the 4-8 cases a day being found are all overseas arrivals in quarantine. Knight's hand wringing about Covid-19 hitting a BLM march is resonably baseless esp when the organisers are requesting marchers wear masks and social distance.

Mark Knight works for a Murdoch publication so that might also give you some idea why he might not like BLM marches.

Oh and he did this one

Serena's opponent was Asian, not white as well.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 5, 2020

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Seems like that after the first response stage no one had grossly hosed up execpt for the US.

i assure you the uk is trying its hardest. there was an initial roadblock where our leader couldn't pursue his preferred "do basically nothing at all" strategy after unprecedented public pressure but we are now gradually transitioning back into it so we should be catching up

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Brazil, Turkmenistan, UK to a degree, but yeah, it's a short list.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
to be fair to Turkmenistan, at least they didn't vote for their moron strongman who's going to kill them all

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Serena's opponent was Asian, not white as well.

I tried to block that horrible comic out of my mind.

It is even worse than I remembered

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/woodrowwhite/status/1268822906785501184?s=19

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

...Zoom meetings are on video camera specifically so that you can see the people you're talking to and their facial expressions/body language, it's why Zoom is a thing over conference calls

...and there's no point in Zoom to avoid COVID contagion if you're going to argue about it within six feet of each other without wearing masks

Jesus, this isn't even willfully dense, this is just Rob Smith levels of not even understanding anything you're arguing for or against

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Brazil, Turkmenistan, UK to a degree, but yeah, it's a short list.
Belarus.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

skeleton warrior posted:

Jesus, this isn't even willfully dense,

-Or is it?
-Is it what?
-Willfully dense?
-It isn't!
-But what if...it is?
-WINSLOW!!!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I would like this a lot better if the top of his head didn't look like a sesame seed bun.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

Why would you do this.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Goddamn this is so much -A Black Lady - A Wyatt Man poo poo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

white supremicists

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

Why would you do this.
Interestingly, he has non-poo poo opinions about covid-19 and was dunking on the Karen Protests until an opportunity to let loose with the racism presented itself.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Post poste posted:

much like it takes a thief to catch a thief, without white supremacists patrolling the streets the...white supremacists will...patrol...the streets

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!

Pants Donkey posted:

It's been a while since I saw a Liccar so I kind of forgot how incredibly inept he is. I mean why is that womans hands white in the first two panels? Are they gloves?
No they can't be glove since they are coloured in the last panel! But why are they not the same colour as her face? Even a lazy artist would just choose one colour and run with it, why not Liccar?

It truly boggles the mind.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Post poste posted:

It's funny because this is what a lot of people actually believe :tif:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Post poste posted:

Lolling at this from Philadelphia where police supported white vigilante mobs roam with impunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Our enemies are now stealing George Floyd's image to use in their crush Israel campaign, Floyd was no more a Palestinian Arab than was Jesus. Truth is irrelevant to the haters.

Stiglich posted:

Philadelphia DA and resident cop hater Larry Krasner.

Stiglich posted:

This country has made tremendous progress in race relations, yet the mainstream media continues to advance the narrative that America is irredeemably racist.

Stiglich posted:

Frank Rizzo statue removed from outside the Municipal Services Building in the middle of the night.