Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

And all for Ghostusters 2016 of all loving movies.

ASSSSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Gutcruncher posted:

He did. It was his triumphant return to the internet after the death of his wife.

Will there ever be a day when people stop falling for Fake Corporate Wokeness as a sales tactic for lovely products?

While I think Sony was trying to use workeness as a marketing strategy, I think a lot of people on twitter were just looking for something to be angry about and show off how woke they are.

I think people also ignored the fact James Rolfe has a lot of ghostbusters content on his site, and his fans might be expecting him to review the movie. He basically was informing his fans to not expect one.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

IShallRiseAgain posted:

While I think Sony was trying to use workeness as a marketing strategy, I think a lot of people on twitter were just looking for something to be angry about and show off how woke they are.

A lot of people have this funny idea that internet mod "thumb vote thumb down" matter.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I do hate the reactionaries that did glom onto it to attack feminism because the movie was genuinely bad and had no shot of being a success anyway because even if it was sorta good it was a reboot of one of the greatest comedies ever. It had no shot.

Same thing happened with Last Jedi. Mouthbreathing chuds hated it for whatever reason but it wasn't good so when you said "huh this sucks" it was seen as being on their side.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Let the teacher from Sabrina direct the next Star Wars!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i know ghostbusters 2016 doesnt need anymore internet commentary, but what i always loved about the first two ghostbusters is how oddly serious they were. dan aykroyd was insane and took the material seriously and the jokes accompanied serious scenes. sure the keymaster, gatekeeper, vigo, marshmallow man, zuul are goofy as hell but they are played straight. gb 2016 was attempting to do nonstop jokes and ad libs and it was tiring. the writing and direction were terrible. thanks for reading what has already been said a thousand times

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
The comment about the inmates running the asylum seemed apt. Sorry, I meant ASSSylum.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The key to a lot of 80's movies was that they did in fact, take themselves seriously. While a lot of movies these days seem to constantly try to wink wink at the audience

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I do think Ghostbusters 2016 is one of the better remakes I've seen. That's hardly saying much, though.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Sankara posted:

I do think Ghostbusters 2016 is one of the better remakes I've seen. That's hardly saying much, though.

lol what

MAYBE if it wasn't a remake of Ghostbusters, but even then this is difficult to parse... it wasn't even a good movie on it's own merits

If you want to see a sweet remake/reimagining of an IP the 2020 Invisible Man is really good

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i know ghostbusters 2016 doesnt need anymore internet commentary, but what i always loved about the first two ghostbusters is how oddly serious they were. dan aykroyd was insane and took the material seriously and the jokes accompanied serious scenes. sure the keymaster, gatekeeper, vigo, marshmallow man, zuul are goofy as hell but they are played straight. gb 2016 was attempting to do nonstop jokes and ad libs and it was tiring. the writing and direction were terrible. thanks for reading what has already been said a thousand times

the original ghostbusters is a straightforward movie about a bunch of knuckleheads who get fired, start a business, get mixed up in this giant end of days situation, and have to rise to the call and become heroes. it happens to have jokes and physical comedy, but it's well written and directed movie with character journeys first and foremost. you could easily make it as a serious movie without changing any plot elements or rewriting it (aside from jokes).

I haven't seen gb16 so I don't have anything to say about it :shrug:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pretty much all the good remakes are re-imaginings. Taking the original premise or idea and using that as a launching off point for a totally different movie like The Fly. Or in the case of the Thing a more accurate adaption of the source material.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ghostbusters 2016 was so bad people elected Donald Trump in response

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Cubone posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

same

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

I sat through the Star Wars talk, and I was silent.
I sat through the Star Trek talk, and I was silent.
I sat through the political talk, and I was silent.

But I can no longer be silent with Ghostbuster 2016 talk!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Did anyone forget about the Ghostbusters reboot coming out this year (maybe?) starring the cast of Stranger Things or incredibly similar looking kids? I know I did.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Finally, kids busting ghosts. The last glass ceiling has been shattered.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
How things have changed. Kids use to work with ghosts to solve crimes

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Is Ghostbusters COP-aganda? I need to know so I don't get deplatformed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jose Oquendo posted:

Did anyone forget about the Ghostbusters reboot coming out this year (maybe?) starring the cast of Stranger Things or incredibly similar looking kids? I know I did.

I did and then your post reminded me the trailer looked like endless trash.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I feel like that one looks even worst because the whole thing seems to want to treat ghostbusters with reverence and respect. How about let’s just stop remaking ghostbusters. It’s not even that good of a good property.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Busting doesn't make me feel anything anymore.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is Ghostbusters COP-aganda? I need to know so I don't get deplatformed.

Yes, the ghostbusters are cops inflicting violence on peaceful ghosts who want nothing more than to eat 25 hot dogs at once and weren't harming anyone.

Gozer is a psyop.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

I feel like that one looks even worst because the whole thing seems to want to treat ghostbusters with reverence and respect. How about let’s just stop remaking ghostbusters. It’s not even that good of a good property.

it'd be interesting to see the real hollywood accounting books to check if the soft-seaboot trend was sparked by the declining rate of profit and a desire to chase old highs

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Three frauds starting a business to catch ghosts, Slimer and the twinkie? Crazy thing is, it's true. Dickless, the proton packs - all of it. It's all true.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The kid from Stranger Things and his mom (maybe get Rosario Dawson?) move into an old house in a different town and find a bag of golf clubs. Slow pan across an abandoned golf course.

*slow piano plays the opening notes to "I'm Alright"*

SUMMER 2022

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

lol

“is that it?”
“yeah. the very same”
*music swells as camera slow pans over to a baby ruth in a glass case*

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

piratepilates posted:

I haven't seen gb16 so I don't have anything to say about it :shrug:

Kate Mackinon queefed on a ghost, then Melisss McCarthy and Kristen Wiig riffed (badly) for an hour, then Leslie Jones was a black token character just like original Winston, then they had a ghost dance scenNOPE CUT IT, then a ghost was caughted, then they ham fistedly tried to set up a sequel that everyone knew was never really gonna happen. The end.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Also the villain was a comical character too since everyone had to be funny.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There was a Hemsworth too

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

So mad that Akroyd started decanting liquor from glass lady skulls

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hemsworth in GB2016 was the pinnacle of bad American-directed improv comedy. There's videos of Feige outright saying he didn't direct Hemsworth on set and it loving shows. Awful, awful stuff.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the ghostbusters 2016 hitb is arguably the best one just for watching mike get absolutely shitfaced off Dan Akroyd’s Crystal Skull Vodka

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

I do hate the reactionaries that did glom onto it to attack feminism because the movie was genuinely bad and had no shot of being a success anyway because even if it was sorta good it was a reboot of one of the greatest comedies ever. It had no shot.

Same thing happened with Last Jedi. Mouthbreathing chuds hated it for whatever reason but it wasn't good so when you said "huh this sucks" it was seen as being on their side.

same thing with Star Trek Discovery, chuds hate it because the lead isn't a white guy, when it's a terrible show for a variety of other reasons

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Why isn’t Rich scooby? Neither can pronounce words properly

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

The kid from Stranger Things and his mom (maybe get Rosario Dawson?) move into an old house in a different town and find a bag of golf clubs. Slow pan across an abandoned golf course.

*slow piano plays the opening notes to "I'm Alright"*

SUMMER 2022

Oh god can you delete this post before some intern at Warner Bros. sees this and manages to green light it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Why isn’t Rich scooby? Neither can pronounce words properly

They paired the sexiest of each group