Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Mzbundifund posted:

That ritual requires a necrotect, which requires 17 turns of research and 100 jars. I guess I could get the jars by raiding myself for rebellions, but am I really supposed to just sit in my starting region doing nothing for 17 turns?

I can't go fight anybody else because as soon as I leave my starting region the loving beastmen burn it down and I die from no-territories-owned attrition.

You get an event early on that gives you a choice of your three heroes. Pick necrotect. Also, don't play Khatep on Mortal Empires. It is an awful experience compared to playing him on Vortex. Thankfully TK don't use the vortex mechanics, so it's a viable option.

Edut:

Mzbundifund posted:

Thanks, but winning fights is not the problem. The problem is that there's multiple beastmen factions that just stay out of range forcing me to sit in my one town doing nothing. There's tons of mountains in the area so as soon as I leave to try to chase them they just teleport over the mountains using beast paths stance and another stack appears out of the fog of war and burns down my town. I don't need to know how to beat them in a fight, I can already do that. I need to know how to get them to actually fight my army.

Don't declare war until you can attack them and chase them down. If you're already at war with them, ambush stance can help, though TK aren't the best at it. Once you get another army from researching a dynasty, things get easier as you can box them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Consider the bonus to movement in home territory mod. What you describe doesn't sound like a fun challenge, and PC gaming for me is all about modding out the poo poo parts.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Cynic Jester posted:

Don't declare war until you can attack them and chase them down. If you're already at war with them, ambush stance can help, though TK aren't the best at it. Once you get another army from researching a dynasty, things get easier as you can box them in.

Unfortunately we start at war and they will not peace out ever.

Cynic Jester posted:

Also, don't play Khatep on Mortal Empires.

Starting to think this is the real answer.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Mzbundifund posted:

Thanks, but winning fights is not the problem. The problem is that there's multiple beastmen factions that just stay out of range forcing me to sit in my one town doing nothing. There's tons of mountains in the area so as soon as I leave to try to chase them they just teleport over the mountains using beast paths stance and another stack appears out of the fog of war and burns down my town. I don't need to know how to beat them in a fight, I can already do that. I need to know how to get them to actually fight my army.

Then yeah, abusing ambush is the key. Either that or turtle until your starting city has walls (or, y'know, both). What do you need to expand for ? Money is useless as TKs, or rather you'll always make 100x more by sacking that with your economy. Cities are just places to fill with PO/recruitment buildings .

Cynic Jester posted:

Also, don't play Khatep on Mortal Empires.

Or, yes, possibly that (I've only ever played him on Vortex)

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Kobal2 posted:

EDIT : p. sure you get a free necrotect via event choice before unlocking your first dinasty.

getting a liche priest is more valuable, imo. i savescum until i get a shadows priest, pendulum (and pit of shades) is a big force multiplier for the TK

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ammanas posted:

getting a liche priest is more valuable, imo. i savescum until i get a shadows priest, pendulum (and pit of shades) is a big force multiplier for the TK

but he’s Khatep he already gets priests off the bat

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

but he’s Khatep he already gets priests off the bat

Not shadow ones, admittedly (you need a book for that).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

KingKapalone posted:

Hmm I'll have to see if my co-op friend is willing to start again. He's playing as Azhag and Grimgor started nearby. We're just a couple of turns in.

It was tough to find two guys that start kind of close to each other. If he wants to stick with them, it seems a bit silly to start as Grom on the other side. Any other combo recommendations?
Dont start again just because of one recommendation. Yes, the other Greenskin lords have some great advantages, but Grimgor is a hell of a lot of fun for me because I love having the "Vanguard" Immortulz who you can send way out ahead of the rest of your army to draw the enemy army in but do not lose models if you can keep their leadership up, which is not hard at all - just keep a Black Orc Big Boss nearby/mixed in with them and eventually alleviate pressure that ends up on the Immortulz's flanks and blammo, Decisive Victory with a tiny amount of casualties.

Cynic Jester posted:

You get an event early on that gives you a choice of your three heroes. Pick necrotect. Also, don't play Khatep on Mortal Empires. It is an awful experience compared to playing him on Vortex. Thankfully TK don't use the vortex mechanics, so it's a viable option.
I tried Khatep on Vortex once and it was annoying because he starts next to Morathi and her damned Chaos corruption, who lives in the Tundra biome or whatever it is that is only orange habitability for Khatep, so I felt like I was forced into my first war against a target that I gain very little for fighting against. And, ya know, 90% of Not-North America is Tundra, so it seems like a really weak position when TK want to go wide.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 5, 2020

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Randarkman posted:

I also really like how they made an attempt at recontextualizing the Norscan and Kurgan worship of the Chaos gods. I just pasted the excerpts from the book here a while ago.

It's a shame they never got to do anything with the Hung. Mongol culture's really cool and seeing them represented as a bunch of poo poo-smeared, illiterate, backstabbing savages is disappointing to say the least.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Grom is strong and FAT and MY FRIEND

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fartbox posted:

Grom is strong and FAT and MY FRIEND

Niblet's lurker account revealed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there ever a reason to take the 25% weapon strength scrap upgrades over Azhag's wizardly weapons scrap upgrade? The latter is reliant on leadership being above 50% but the flat increase in AP damage makes it seem like a straight upgrade. Greenskins are strong enough without the added weapon strength, so making the base AP damage higher seems like a no brainer.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Someone did a breakdown awhile ago and testing found that Azhag's upgrade only did more damage if the target had 80+ armor if I remember right.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Seems good against dwarfs

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Is there a good unit formation saver for dwarves I could use that currently works? I want to kill some new and improved green fuckers.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

There are formation savers?!!

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
The google-scuttlebutt is that reinforcing lords and main lords only apply their army-bonuses to their respective armies. (Unless it's a specific "map-wide" ability or aura-type thing)

So, if that's right and it has not changed in a patche since those posts, there's no way to make garrisons troops suck less except for building and research based bonuses?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Randarkman posted:

There are formation savers?!!

This one works really well:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1993559473

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ty ty

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Mzbundifund posted:

Khatep has strong crystal shard vibes--horrible necromancer builds power in the rear end end of nowhere frozen north for ages but when he's ready to unleash hell the world isn't ready.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

lol at this one by that artist
https://twitter.com/iSavanl/status/1184156821503856640?s=20

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
This is the best one

https://twitter.com/iSavanl/status/1256693364126351360?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yes that is the best one.

My Azhag campaign I did a sneaky fing and waited until Grimgor launched a waaagh against Castle Drakenhof. Then I attacked him with a full stack while he was suffering vampiric attrition and now I am the sole proprietor of the Greenskins super faction.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yes that is the best one.

My Azhag campaign I did a sneaky fing and waited until Grimgor launched a waaagh against Castle Drakenhof. Then I attacked him with a full stack while he was suffering vampiric attrition and now I am the sole proprietor of the Greenskins super faction.

the new greenskins mechanic makes their campaign a lot faster and it loving rules

hunting down LLs should be like the third thing you do in any campaign

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

That reminds me, didn't Thanquol directly confront Gotrek at one point and give a big "you've foiled my schemes for the last time villain speech and Gotrek was like "who are you?"

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao yep. It was fantastic

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That reminds me, didn't Thanquol directly confront Gotrek at one point and give a big "you've foiled my schemes for the last time villain speech and Gotrek was like "who are you?"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ammanas posted:

the new greenskins mechanic makes their campaign a lot faster and it loving rules

hunting down LLs should be like the third thing you do in any campaign

This is why I appreciate using Mixu's mod to make the LL's for the Elector counts, as it gives me way more of a reason to actually engage with the elector count system and not just conquer the empire's lands. Knowing you've got LLs waiting for you, including a Death Wizard, it's like... "Yeah, I actually gotta do this properly." I also love sending a hero to Lustria ASAP to reveal Markus and try to confederate him.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i am still very upset thanquol isn't in the game yet. i need my strong rat boy. skaven without thanquol is like if they'd released empire without karl franz

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
My guess is we wont get Thanquol until game 3 and he will come with the Verminlords that Skaven are missing. For game 2 though we still have Throt the Unclean and a bunch of Clan Moulder units to add.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

AnEdgelord posted:

My guess is we wont get Thanquol until game 3 and he will come with the Verminlords that Skaven are missing. For game 2 though we still have Throt the Unclean and a bunch of Clan Moulder units to add.

Yeah I'm hoping for Throt vs a Dwarf for the final DLC

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Who? Like Thorek?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

no
more
skaven
content

just fuckin stop it already

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Both Dark Elves and Skaven lack a sixth lord, of the game 2 factions. I'm expecting Rakarth and Throt.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Ammanas posted:

no
more
skaven
content

Yeah yeah... just need thanquol, throt, stormfiends (all variants) and we're good!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ammanas posted:

no
more
skaven
content

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Clan Moulder is right there by Kislev and their stuff hasn't really been expanded on since release. Throt's definitely coming at some point. Hellpit is even 10 slots and has its own unique building and everything.

Poor Kislev.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Ammanas posted:

no
more
skaven
content

lizardmen and elves have more guys than them and the rats are the best

i would be jazzed with throt also because game 2 has had basically no monstrous sized lords apart from nakai, who has the most boring campaign ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Kislev's gonna be fine. They're the game 3 preorder bonus after all.