Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Jay looks way too comfortable.

Also Jay should be the unmasked monster (cat-murderer that he is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Josh should be Scrappy-Doo.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
remember this scene in Happy Gilmore?

https://y.yarn.co/a66bd26e-9a37-442e-9613-d11ee64424fd.mp4?1591383421089

insert of an unnamed character saying a little too much a little too clearly

weird choice, not sure I approve

e: maybe it's that thing where actors get paid more if they have lines and Adam Sandler was just doing this guy a favor? hm...

Cubone fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 5, 2020

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I think I might enjoy the fat drunk one saying "Whats that Scoob?"

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Kate Mackinon queefed on a ghost, then Melisss McCarthy and Kristen Wiig riffed (badly) for an hour, then Leslie Jones was a black token character just like original Winston, then they had a ghost dance scenNOPE CUT IT, then a ghost was caughted, then they ham fistedly tried to set up a sequel that everyone knew was never really gonna happen. The end.

I didn't ask, either.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cubone posted:

e: maybe it's that thing where actors get paid more if they have lines and Adam Sandler was just doing this guy a favor? hm...

It's absolutely this and I applaud Sander's continued efforts to defund Hollywood scum

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

piratepilates posted:

I didn't ask, either.

No one did.

But we had to see it, and now you gotta hear about it. No one escapes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's absolutely this and I applaud Sander's continued efforts to defund Hollywood scum

You can think what you want about his movies, but you gotta respect that. He grifted Sony for years and he's doing the same to Netflix. Studio funded vacations and jobs for his buddies is a good thing.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
He's stealing money from rich Hollywood pedophiles and giving it to Kevin James, David Spade, and Rob Schneider. There's maybe better things he could do with it, but I'd still say it's a slightly net positive.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

same thing with Star Trek Discovery, chuds hate it because the lead isn't a white guy, when it's a terrible show for a variety of other reasons

yup, usually you can tell when it's a chud complaining because it'll be complaining about why the show isn't about a STRONG WHITE MALE CAPTAIN or whatever instead of just calling it awkward embarrasing poo poo because of the writing.

The Picard show is similair. A bunch of the whining about it is stuff like "how dare they let these women, AND EVEN A BLACK WOMEN!, tell picard what to do!" instead of it being like "wow that's just poo poo because it makes no sense and is boring as gently caress"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

The kid from Stranger Things and his mom (maybe get Rosario Dawson?) move into an old house in a different town and find a bag of golf clubs. Slow pan across an abandoned golf course.

*slow piano plays the opening notes to "I'm Alright"*

SUMMER 2022

Hackers film 1995 posted:

lol

“is that it?”
“yeah. the very same”
*music swells as camera slow pans over to a baby ruth in a glass case*
lol

General Dog posted:

He's stealing money from rich Hollywood pedophiles and giving it to Kevin James, David Spade, and Rob Schneider. There's maybe better things he could do with it, but I'd still say it's a slightly net positive.
are you saying that kevin james, david spade, and rob schneider aren't rich hollywood pedophiles

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

General Dog posted:

I was thinking more of the supporting guys who get little bit parts in his movies. Getting an exotic vacation on Sony's dime is pretty rad.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

also it isn't so much as stealing money from lovely studios as it is just outright making money for lovely studios, if it wasn't solidly profitable deal for sony they would've cut ties years ago

the only asterisk is that, as the obvious franchise talent, sandler can negotiate lopsided deals to further enrich him and his friends, meaning sony gets a little less profit than usual

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's stealing from the crew, really. Do you think anyone has missed, say, their daughter's dance recital, in order to work on Jack and Jill?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Cowcaster posted:

are you saying that kevin james, david spade, and rob schneider aren't rich hollywood pedophiles

They're certainly less rich

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't get Netflix spending all that money on him. There's no way they're getting a return on investment.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don't get Netflix spending all that money on him. There's no way they're getting a return on investment.

Not to mention how it combines with them always dropping off the content most people actually want. Netflix always seems it's a couple of design tweaks away from being in the red by shotgunning other cheaper stuff out there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uncut Gems came out on Netflix a week after the cinema where I live so Sandler and Netflix are good in my book

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cowcaster posted:

lol

Of those 3?

Probably just Schneider. Spade is obviously a cougar man, can't get a read on James

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Kevin James does spend the entire time of his latest movie trying to get his hands on a young girl...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
David Spade and Rob Schneider give off strong creep vibes like they're the type of 50-year-olds looking to date 18-22 year old women, even though I think they're both married with kids.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

David Spade has no intention of marrying. I learnt this from Howard Stern. It was a dark time in my life,

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, you're right. I think I thought he married the mother of his kid for some reason but he did not and they broke up.

So he's totally a creep dating 22-year-olds right now.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah, you're right. I think I thought he married the mother of his kid for some reason but he did not and they broke up.

So he's totally a creep dating 22-year-olds right now.

What a sad life he leads. Let’s all take a moment out of our day to pity this millionaire who has a fetish for adult women.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Sankara posted:

It's stealing from the crew, really. Do you think anyone has missed, say, their daughter's dance recital, in order to work on Jack and Jill?

By most accounts Sandler treats his crews really well.

Sandler's stuff for Netflix has been racking up huge numbers for them which is why his deal got extended twice. Remember Murder Mystery with Jennifer Anniston? It was 2019's most-watched Netflix film. I don't get it either

https://movieweb.com/adam-sandler-netflix-most-popular-watched/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Endless Trash posted:

What a sad life he leads. Let’s all take a moment out of our day to pity this millionaire who has a fetish for adult women.

I don't think he's a pedo or nothing, but there's something off about men who date women 30 years younger than them.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Hollywood has no loyalty. If Sandler wasn't making them money they would stop hiring him.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think he's a pedo or nothing, but there's something off about men who date women 30 years younger than them.

Yeah, who would wanna date an attractive, vivacious women. Crumb-bums, that's who. Just real knuckleheads.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, who would wanna date an attractive, vivacious women. Crumb-bums, that's who. Just real knuckleheads.

Doesn’t really mean poo poo if they don’t have any empathy for whatever poo poo you’re going through.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Paladinus posted:

Busting doesn't make me feel anything anymore.

“Mister Stark, I don’t bust very good...”

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Doesn’t really mean poo poo if they don’t have any empathy for whatever poo poo you’re going through.

That's basically everyone.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cubone posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Many people are saying this

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wicker Man posted:

That's basically everyone.

What the gently caress ever.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We really need more RLM content to quelle these terrible discussions.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What the gently caress ever.

Prove me wrong! Or don't. I don't think you really care.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And would you rather date Heather Locklear... or Heather Locklear and the other 14 women on this list, lol
https://www.thethings.com/women-who-actually-agreed-to-date-david-spade/

Oh and Heather Locklear would still leave you eventually anyway because all Hollywood marriages fail.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don’t believe any of Netflix’s viewing numbers for their original content.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don’t believe any of Netflix’s viewing numbers for their original content.

They have a global audience, way more than any other streaming service (even Amazon doesn't come close to their global reach) and are very lenient on what they consider to be a "view". What's not to believe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Doesn't Netflix consider a view at just 2 minutes?