Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I truly have better friends than I deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Timby you magnificent bastard.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gonz posted:

Timby you magnificent bastard.

I READ YOUR BOOK

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm excited for Z-Fest: The Return.

I'm watching Star Trek First Contact. Neal McDonough looks a ton like Shatner/Kirk.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm excited for Z-Fest: The Return.

I'm watching Star Trek First Contact. Neal McDonough looks a ton like Shatner/Kirk.

He actually looks way more like Chris Pine to me

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There was a front facing shot and he looked so similar to young Shatner. But yeah, he's kinda like a weird middle ground between the two actors.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There's only one image of Neal McDonough I have in my mind's eye and it's

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been watching through Justified and a naked Neal McDonough brings up an even more chilling scene.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Neil McDonough always looks like the Nazis' ideal Ubermensch and that creepy nationalist Cadillac commercial he was in a while back does not help. He creeps me out.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It’s always a bit unsettling when someone’s hair is lighter than their skin tone I think

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He's excellent at playing creeps.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Coffee And Pie posted:

It’s always a bit unsettling when someone’s hair is lighter than their skin tone I think

Isn't this like every blonde person?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Timby posted:

Family.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Timby posted:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

caligulamprey posted:

There's only one image of Neal McDonough I have in my mind's eye and it's

This is not from the Chun Li movie five people saw.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
No surprise but the people producing S Craig Zahler’s movies are scumbags

https://twitter.com/marlownyc/status/1269287235058352129?s=21

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've been sounding the alarm about these guys for a year, but no one listened.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When I saw Bone Tomahawk I was like "is this ironically racist to criticize the inherent racism of 'Cowboys Vs Injuns' media?" then I s saw his other films and was like "oh it was just racist".

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

morestuff posted:

and here I thought the people who brought us bone tomahawk, cell block 99 and dragged across concrete were decent human beings, shame on me

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

When I saw Bone Tomahawk I was like "is this ironically racist to criticize the inherent racism of 'Cowboys Vs Injuns' media?" then I s saw his other films and was like "oh it was just racist".

Yeah, I was willing to give Bone Tomahawk the benefit of the doubt when it had Mathew Fox talking about how he felt really bad about killing a bunch of Native American women and children, like, maybe the movie was about how living at that time in that place was just lovely all around. But context can mean so much for a movie, and Zahler's other movies have made me want to never go back to Bone Tomahawk.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

morestuff posted:

I was almost hired to cut a trailer for Bone Tomahawk a few years ago, but ended up getting brought on to cut a trailer for a movie called 'Hot' instead—both films were produced by Dallas Sonnier of Caliber Media/Cinestate. In retrospect, the context* of 'Hot' should've been a red flag, but I needed the money, and it was also a first-time gig for me as a trailer editor. The movie was absolute garbage, but looking back on it now... yeah. loving yikes.

*The movie takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting where a virus leaves people unconscious. The narrative through-line of the film is one of characters gets lonely and cuts a deal with a scavenger type who delivers him an unconscious woman for reasons. Basically, dude develops a "relationship" with an unconscious woman affected by the virus and tries to justify it to his roommate that it's not actually rape.

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 7, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

teagone posted:

*The movie takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting where a virus leaves people unconscious. The narrative through-line of the film is one of characters gets lonely and cuts a deal with a scavenger type who delivers him an unconscious woman for reasons. Basically, dude develops a "relationship" with an unconscious woman affected by the virus and tries to justify it to his roommate that it's not actually rape.

:ohno: holy gently caress

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

teagone posted:

i don't even wanna wonder about why the movie's title is "Hot".

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teagone posted:

I was almost hired to cut a trailer for Bone Tomahawk a few years ago, but ended up getting brought on to cut a trailer for a movie called 'Hot' instead—both films were produced by Dallas Sonnier of Caliber Media/Cinestate. In retrospect, the context* of 'Hot' should've been a red flag, but I needed the money, and it was also a first-time gig for me as a trailer editor. The movie was absolute garbage, but looking back on it now... yeah. loving yikes.

:piss:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

There isn't much info about it online, however I did find...

#OnePerfectShot

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is all I see

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Saw this, found it infotaining. "What's taboo in your country? | Around the World". people of different nationalities talk about what's taboo in their nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olh_F45SdtQ

Italy of course, has the best (and most correct) taboos.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ror posted:

#OnePerfectShot

You imagine it's terrible but then you see this and realize it's even worse than you thought it could even be. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate everything about this.

I hate it.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

McCloud posted:

Saw this, found it infotaining. "What's taboo in your country? | Around the World". people of different nationalities talk about what's taboo in their nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olh_F45SdtQ

Italy of course, has the best (and most correct) taboos.

Tuna melts though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Italians and their weird food hangups are never not hilarious.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Grendels Dad posted:

i don't even wanna wonder about why the movie's title is "Hot".

Yeah, they could have gone with something more sophisticated. Maybe something like... “Passengers”.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's like Lars and the Real Girl if it was made by incels.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Ror posted:

#OnePerfectShot

Did this movie ever get released, or have the Happy Endings guy and The Expanse guy pooled their money to keep it from ever seeing the light of day?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ChickenMedium posted:

Did this movie ever get released, or have the Happy Endings guy and The Expanse guy pooled their money to keep it from ever seeing the light of day?

It premiered on a VOD platform called VHX back in March 2016. VHX was acquired by Vimeo a few months after in May 2016, and looks like it's now currently called Vimeo OTT. I have no idea if Hot survived that acquisition initially, but it doesn't seem to be available online anymore. The trailer I cut is still on some YT channel though, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWA7dNNvj3Q

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

teagone posted:

It premiered on a VOD platform called VHX back in March 2016. VHX was acquired by Vimeo a few months after in May 2016, and looks like it's now currently called Vimeo OTT. I have no idea if Hot survived that acquisition initially, but it doesn't seem to be available online anymore. The trailer I cut is still on some YT channel though, lol:

The record scratch is actually my soul ripping apart after hearing "noncon".

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ror posted:

The record scratch is actually my soul ripping apart after hearing "noncon".

Fun fact about that: I had several email exchanges with notes telling me that the record scratch moment needs to be perfect. I pushed back on it initially and thought it felt out of place to include it, but had to give in after receiving multiple messages with very explicit instructions to add the sound effect in. Took about 3 revisions before the director and producer liked the implementation, lol.

[edit] Also, I found the original article/press release for the film when it became available on VHX https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/155804/post-apocalyptic-satire-hot-launches-exclusively-vhx-platform/

teagone fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jun 7, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

teagone posted:

What the loving gently caress? That has actors I recognize.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Bone Tomahawk is good tho

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lurdiak posted:

Italians and their weird food hangups are never not hilarious.

I agree with the cappuccino thing. And as far as I know the cheese and fish thing is pretty loose and only applies to sharp Italian cheeses and meatier fish. I think anchovies get a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teagone posted:

Fun fact about that: I had several email exchanges with notes telling me that the record scratch moment needs to be perfect. I pushed back on it initially and thought it felt out of place to include it, but had to give in after receiving multiple messages with very explicit instructions to add the sound effect in. Took about 3 revisions before the director and producer liked the implementation, lol.

[edit] Also, I found the original article/press release for the film when it became available on VHX https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/155804/post-apocalyptic-satire-hot-launches-exclusively-vhx-platform/

lmao jesus