Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
WIBTA if I reported a medical secretary because she gave me the wrong test results?

quote:

I went to the Dr. And got tested for STIs. I’d been having some issues and was pretty convinced I had something and it was really messing with my feelings. They said they would call me within a few days. I got a phone call and it was the girl who works at the front desk. She said I was all clear, nothing tested positive and everything was fine.

I was so relieved! I had been so anxious and finding out I was clear was awesome. Fast forward 5-6 hours and I get a call from the Dr. telling me that she had misread the paper and I tested positive for an STI that I will have for the rest of my life.

Anyone who has tested positive, especially for an STI that you will never be rid of, knows that it takes a huge toll on your self esteem and self worth. I was crushed. I felt worthless and disgusting. I know that’s not true and it will take time to get over it but for now I’m beyond angry that I felt that relief and now I’m stuck.

I want to report her to her management, not to get her fired but just so they’re aware that she made a pretty big mistake. What if she misreads an even more important form? I get that humans make mistakes but if you have the job of telling people their life altering test results you should be drat sure you’re reading it correctly. Even if it wasn’t her fault I want to make the issue known to that clinic so they can ensure it doesn’t happen again.

My friend says I’m overreacting and people make mistakes and I might ruin her career. Well it really messed with my emotions and I’m not happy about it. WIBTA?

EDIT: I am not aware of the technical term for her position but she is authorized to notify patients of results, I’ve had a similar person call me for blood work results before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

boar guy posted:

back when my wife and i were trying to foster/adopt, we actually ended up attending a meeting hosted by the christian adoption agency that set her up with her adoptive parents

after starting the meeting 45 minutes late, they spent an hour explaining to us, in no uncertain terms, that 'if you want a healthy white baby it's going to be 5 to 7 years' and then very ceremoniously paraded out a family where white parents had adopted a black, an asian and an hispanic baby and pantomimed 'look how normal and not weird this is' for all of us. it was one of the most disgusting things ive ever seen and we walked out

Seriously, non-white children should not be consolation prizes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The justification for the Jigsaw's murders gets thinner and thinner each movie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

The justification for the Jigsaw's murders gets thinner and thinner each movie.

"Wash your rear end or I'm just going to shoot you, there's no trap, just do it, holy poo poo"

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for calling my sister a nerd for not wanting me to cheat on my AP test?

quote:

Due to a different exam at the same time, I wasn't able to take my AP European History exam on it's original date, so I had to take the make-up exam on Tuesday. Tbh, history was never my strongest subject, since I've always found it boring, and I never got around to studying. The test is writing an essay from a prompt, and I am a good writer, so I have that going for me, but I decided to Google stuff and utilize a group chat if I didn't understand the prompt.

Anyhow, I did Google a lot of stuff-- since I just used Google and my group chat for background info and didn't plagiarize anything, I'm in the clear. However, my sister walked in while I was on my discord group chat asking a question mid-test, which is considered cheating, and later yelled at me for cheating.

I rolled my eyes and said 'okay, nerd' jokingly, but she just got angry and told me cheating is wrong.

I don't really think so. Who am I hurting by cheating? Literally nobody. AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For refusing to go to my sister's wedding because my other sibling is in the wedding party and I'm not?

quote:

The problem needs some backstory, so I'll start with saying my sister and brother are 7 and 8 years older than me, respectively. Growing up, they never outright excluded me, but it was clear that I was a tacked on addition to what they considered an already complete family. I was definitely an "oops" baby, my mother was much older when she had me. My siblings, being only a year and a half apart, are extremely close and always have been. Even when they did play with me or pay me any attention, it was always sort of "time that we have to spend time with this relative" whereas their own hanging out was natural, they just happily spent time together, if that makes sense.

It went this way for our whole childhood. Even when I tried to bond in a sisterly way with my sister, since it was clearly a lost cause with my brother, she always kind of treated me like the little sister of a friend she had. Polite, but with one foot into the next activity. I even overheard her complaining to my parents once about me always hanging around her, and her feeling burdened by it, and of course that hurt, but she was 16 so I forgave her. I thought it would get better when we were all adults, but they still just shut me out.

Well, my sister is getting married next year, and recently announced it to the family. We were all really elated, and my brother later brought up how stoked he was to be included in the wedding, since he'd wanted to be apart of her special day, but couldn't be a bridesmaid (and actually, my sister would have made him one, but her fiance is also good friends with my brother since they all went to school together, etc and asked him to be a groomsman).

When my sister talked to me separately about the wedding, I admit I got excited, thinking it'll be a family affair, the first wedding, yada yada. I asked about what I can help with, and if she needed me to be available for anything, and she got uncomfortable before making a joke like, "well, all I expect from my guests is to be happy and show up!" I was pretty shocked. EVERYONE in our immediate family has a role in the actual wedding except me. I'll be the only person relegated to guest.

I basically flipped my poo poo, not cussing and yelling or anything, but obviously pissed. I told my sister that they ALWAYS excluded me, always, and that this was the final straw. That if she couldn't treat me as a sister, then I didn't want her to be in life. She said she some stuff that basically amounted to, "sorry, but that's how it is."

Anyway, I know it's her wedding and she can have anyone in it that she wants. I didn't argue about that with her or even demand to be put in, nothing like that. But I am done with wanting siblings and getting nothing in return. AITA if I cut my siblings off over this and our history?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Waiting for the AITA post where the sister writes about reporting the OP.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA? The sITCHuation: One of my babies has scabies, and it's not from the ladies

quote:

My 14 year old son recently spent the weekend at a friend's house and returned home with Herby and the Lovebugs. I coached my son and this friend in little league for 7 years, so we had a great relationship with the family. Once my wife and I took him to the doctor and received the diagnosis I called the parents and notified them of the sitchuation. They were less than humored and wanted to know why I assumed it came from their home. I wasn't trying to pass judgement, but they are not the cleanliest of people. Am I the rear end in a top hat for calling them and telling them they have scabies in their home? Am I the rear end in a top hat for not allowing my son to go to their home anymore?
(out of tune banjo music intensifies in the distance)

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For refusing to go to my sister's wedding because my other sibling is in the wedding party and I'm not?

There's a bunch of comments from the poster about this, but this one jumped out at me:

quote:

There are a lot of ways I can help her with the wedding that don't specifically involve being a bridesmaid, and also ways I can feel included without specifically being a bridesmaid. The last straw was the complete exclusion from anything in the wedding, including: not being in any photos, and not even being seated with the rest of my family. All while the atmosphere is "first family wedding" etc, except minus me.

You can put before your first arrow, years of trying to improve our relationship with nothing in return and being excluded from many things over the years. Yes, my sister is the sort of person who will always have a polite and logical response to anything you say to her, but that does not address anything that you have said or how you feel.

It's not that she's not in the wedding party, she's literally relegated to 2nd tier guest. When my brother got married he asked me to bake him a wedding cake, which was a hilariously awful idea, but him and his wife wanted everyone to feel included and even though I laughed in his face, I still appreciated the thought. It sounds like the sister can't even be bothered to give the appearance of caring.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Invisible Clergy posted:

Nah, not an rear end in a top hat. But also willing to sell your integrity for cheap, and that matters to some people.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Gerblyn posted:

There's a bunch of comments from the poster about this, but this one jumped out at me:

It's not that she's not in the wedding party, she's literally relegated to 2nd tier guest. When my brother got married he asked me to bake him a wedding cake, which was a hilariously awful idea, but him and his wife wanted everyone to feel included and even though I laughed in his face, I still appreciated the thought. It sounds like the sister can't even be bothered to give the appearance of caring.

Oof, yeah. I feel for this woman. I dated a woman who was in a rather similar situation, and while her (much) older sisters were nice people who didn't outright exclude her, there were so many moments where they, mostly unaware of themselves, made her feel like dumb little babby sister even though she was 24. I bet that as a child, this woman probably also looked up to her older sister and brother, and getting the sub-zero shoulder from them even now must hurt like something fierce.

I'm so happy my brothers I get along so well. Though this is 2020, you never know one of them suddenly drops dead and secretly relegated me to the role of human toilet at his funeral.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My boyfriend [22m] broke up with me [21f] because I haven't watched Fast and the Furious...

quote:

We have been dating for about 6 months now. Yesterday, we were planning to meet up and watch a movie. I named a few movies which I hadn't watched and he freaked out when I told him I hadn't watched it. He got really angry and cut the call. I tried reaching him but he would cut the call and not respond to messages. I thought he was just fooling around but earlier today, a mutual friend messaged me and asked me how I was coz apparent the bf had told him we broke up. I'm not sure how I feel about this...

TL;DR Boyfriend threw a tantrum because I hadn't watched Fast and the Furious and he broke up with me.

Edit: Wow. Did not expect so many of you to notice this. I was in a bad place and needed a vent of sorts and I totally forgot about this post. Anyway... my friend and I sat and had tons of icecream and pizza and I'm feeling little better. He hasn't tried to call or message me and my friend forbid me from trying to reach out to him too, I was really tempted to.

Thanks for the advice and also, I'm glad this made some of you laugh. I will get there one day, I guess. But for now, a little more moping.

Edit2: Um. Hi again. Wow. I didn't really expect this to become this big. Anyway, update, I talked to the mutual friend and he seemed very vague. He said that my "ex" was "furious"(yes, I noticed) about something I had said and didn't want to talk about it. I really don't know if I did something wrong... siiiigh I really thought we had a good thing going. I'm gonna go sleep again. See you in a while...

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My (20F) boyfriend (24M) wants us to stop using lube and be more natural. He thinks that if we do that my vagina will learn to get wet of it's own accord... But that's not how it works. How do I communicate this to him?

quote:

We've been together for 9 months and never really been sexually 'in-sync', aka it was always painful. This was helped when I persuaded him to use lube and for a few weeks I had non painful sex for the first time in months! ... Now he doesn't want us to use it because he wants to be more natural and thinks that my vagina should learn to become wet. He doesn't seem to put 2 and 2 together and realise that the idea of painful sex will never get get me turned on, and thus sex will be painful.

Edit: He's foreign and comes from a culture where there's probably a stigma around it. He could just be uneducated?

Edit #2: Also before we got together I had a traumatic experience, I've had 6 months counselling but things are still working themselves out.

Edit #3: Yes he does foreplay, and kisses, and fondling etc etc but it just doesn't get me wet, even going down on me... I'm wet for like 2 mins and then dry up fast coz it's uncomfortable.

Also from this account: I stuck a spoon in my vagina coz I thought that was what spooning was.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Aita for ending a friendship over a baby shower I didn’t want?

quote:

sorry it’s long I’m about six & 1/2 months pregnant with my first baby. After finding out it’s a boy we set to work on decorating the nursery, buying all the furniture, toys etc we needed. It’s now finished and all we need is baby clothes, we’re waiting until we’re closer to the due date to do that.

This week me and 3 friends met up after 3 months apart, I’ve grown a lot so my pregnancy was the big topic. My bestie Gaby started talking about my baby shower which she had been planning for weeks. This was a surprise because she’d never mentioned this and id never bought it up purely because I don’t want one, which I told my friends who asked why. I told them

-We already bought all we need/want for baby and don’t want to double up. I’m worried people, as nice as it is, will buy us things we don’t need/want. And I don’t want to seem an ungrateful rear end who might give it back/return it.

-I’m a very shy person and am uncomfortable In social event and having attention on me

but mainly: cases of Covid are dropping, it’s not gone. I don’t want to expose/risk myself, my baby or my family/friends to it.
My friends said they were upset about it but it was my choice. Gaby didn’t agree, she told me it wasn’t my choice because baby showers are meant to be thrown for, not by, me and even if I didn’t want one I couldn’t stop her, she would just make it a surprise so I couldn’t bail. She was proud of this idea. I told Gaby that was not okay, I don’t want one and it was a waste of money for all involved. They’d buy baby gifts, most of which I can guarantee I have. Gaby rolled her eyes and said I was a killjoy, but the topic was changed. I thought the problem was solved = no baby shower.

Last night I got a call from my mum who shouldn’t have my number, I haven’t spoken to since My wedding and didnt know I was pregnant. She told me she had got a baby shower e-vite from Gaby. She was devastated I hadn’t told her I was pregnant but was so happy to be invited and couldn’t wait to come see me and baby. I was FURIOUS. Gaby knows about the issues with my mum. I hung up and called Gaby right. I told her if she didn’t cancel the shower IMMEDIATELY she wouldn’t see me or my baby again. the e-vite had my address(?!) and that was not information I wanted my mum having. Gaby said my empty threats wouldn’t work and that I would thank her for the shower even if I didn’t think so now. So I hung up on Gaby, blocked her on all SM and sent her a text telling her the friendship was over before blocking her number. Now I’m getting texts from Gaby’s boyfriend and friends saying I’m overreacting, it’s just my hormones going crazy. That I’ll regret cutting my best friend out my life. But it took months to cut contact with my mum and in minutes It was undone. My husbands With me but my friends are saying I’m being the AH, I didn’t think I am but now I’m thinking maybe pregnancy brain went into overdrive???

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My (25M) girlfriend (24F) has been mildly torturing my cat. I want a break up. What should I do?

quote:

So we have been together for around a year. I got a Sphynx cat before dating her (got him when I was with my ex but it was mainly my decision and he is living with me ever since we breakup)

My girlfriend “Jane” never liked my cat. Sometimes she hugs him and pets him. But she has been mildly torturing him since 1 year ago:
  • drew something like “stupid cat” on the cat’s skin and laughed at him
  • threw him onto the floor from a certain height and my cat landed on his back all the time
  • pinched his head with her knees so hard that he couldn’t move
  • forced him to stay on the couch with her by pushing his rear end really really hard and my cat was screaming
  • used her legs to squeeze/“stick” him onto the wall
And a lot more but I can’t recall it now. I think my cat is a bit scared of her now.

Often I need to sorta shout “stop doing that” x 3 times to make her stop. When I’m not around she also do some of these stuff and put it on her instagram. (I am not an instagram story person so I never checked but my friends would show me from time to time)

It wasn’t as frequent/bad at first and I thought she was playing or teasing with him only. She might be jealous of him coz I treat him soooo well (but who doesn’t treat their pet better than their Human) or maybe because I got him while I was with my ex, but again it was my decision to get a cat not my ex and she knew it. Even her friends called her out in front of me after they saw her instagram stories.

She has pets back home too. I asked and she said she’d be angry if I did something similar to her dog and cat. I also sat her down and spoke with her on this multiple times to understand why she’s behaving so weird with my cat. She said she just didn’t like him and it’s really hard for her to treat him nicely. I told her to just ignore the cat if she found him annoying.

I want a break up so badly and I think it’s a huge red flag. It just shows she lacks compassion for animals, is disrespectful of my feelings and immaturity.

So the question is: how should I approach it? Should I give an ultimatum before breaking up or should I just break up with her? On the outside, it sounds so dumb to dump someone for such a reason especially when we’re quite compatible and it’s been going well aside from this.

Even if she won’t do any of these anymore. I can never never never forget that she used to torture my cat. But is it fair to just break up with someone without a warning? And what to say to her?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My (25M) girlfriend (24F) has been mildly torturing my cat. I want a break up. What should I do?

what the gently caress is with people who have a living creature who depends on them for survival and torture it? break up before she kills you.

going to pet my cat now

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

This is crimes level animal abuse. Leave her and maybe fart on her

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for making my husband choose between me and his son?

quote:

I (39f) am married to Dave (44m), and he has a son named Avery (19m) and an ex wife named Dianna (42f.) Avery has always been hostile towards me, and blamed me for his parents’ divorce, despite his dad not meeting me until three years after. I have tried my best to spend time with Avery, and I’ve been respectful of all the boundaries he set with me. Avery still hates me. It was fine with me, as long as he didn’t treat me like poo poo because he hates me.

Well, Avery started treating me like poo poo when he found out his dad was marrying me. He threw a fit, saying his dad needed his permission before marrying me, and that he wouldn’t come to the wedding. His dad and I let it slide, and sat down with Avery and Dianna to try and figure out why he was upset. It didn’t work, and Avery refused to see us until the wedding.

At Dave and I’s wedding, Avery objected to us being married in front of everyone, and asked to make a speech in front of everyone later in the night. In his ‘speech,’ he told everyone what a horrible person I was, and that I was responsible for his parents’ divorce, and that I was a dirty homewrecker. Dave drove Avery back to Dianna’s, but the damage was done, and several wedding guests assumed Avery was telling the truth. My wedding night was ruined because of this, and a good part of my family refuses to speak to me despite me explaining to them that this was not the case.

Avery has continued to treat me like poo poo since then. He got mad at me once, so he dropped my cat off at a shelter two towns over, and refused to tell me where he was until he’d been put down. I wanted to keep my wedding dress after the wedding, and he tore it to shreds. (Just two examples, I’ll give more if anyone wants them)

Finally, Wednesday, Dave and I had Avery over for dinner because Avery actually wanted to come. Long story short, when I went to get dessert and Dave wasn’t there, Avery confronted me in the kitchen and began screaming at me and told me that I was a horrible person, as well as some other not-so-nice things. Dave eventually came in, Avery left, and I got pissed. I told Dave that I was tired of his son constantly attacking me and treating me like poo poo because of something he knows didn’t happen, and that I’d put up with his bullshit for the last six years. I told him that he had to make a choice between me and Avery, because I wasn’t putting up with Avery’s poo poo any longer, and if it was a requirement of being married to Dave, I’d be filing for divorce. Dave told me it wasn’t fair to make him make this decision, and I told him it might not have been fair, but it wasn’t fair of him to let his son harass and attack me for years.

Edit 1: I’ve told Dave that I didn’t want to be around Avery several times, and got ignored. I was told that we’d go to therapy to try and sort things out and it never happened.

Edit 2: I don’t know why Avery blames me for the divorce. If your question is about that, I can’t answer you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Odd posted:

This is crimes level animal abuse. Leave her and maybe fart on her

She is going to get bit hard and then have to go to the ER because cat bites can gently caress you up real bad

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Smirking_Serpent, I love and appreciate you for posting so much content, but may I please request no animal abuse stories? TIA.

AITA for “not accepting” my friends sexuality?

quote:

I’ve been friends with this girl for a while now, and we were talking about people we liked. She said she started to like her friend who was a girl, and I had no idea she liked girls so I asked her if she was lesbian or bisexual, and she said no.

She said she was pansexual. I’ve never heard of that before so I asked her what it meant. She said it meant she liked all genders.

I was confused so I said, “I thought there were only two genders?”

She sent me a message saying “Seriously? Wtf is wrong with you?”

I was confused so I asked what she was talking about.

She called me a liar for not knowing what that meant, and said that I was a dickhead for “not accepting” her sexuality.

I had no idea where any of this came from. I only asked her what it meant and I got steamrolled. When she called me a dickhead for not accepting her sexuality, I just said “Whoa I don’t know where that came from, I just asked a question. There were two genders for all of human history until just now apparently? I never said I didn’t accept your sexuality, I just didn’t know what that meant. I don’t care what your sexuality is, it doesn’t affect me. I’m sorry if you took it the wrong way, I wasn’t trying to be a dickhead.”

She then sent me a message saying gently caress you, and blocked me.

I wasn’t trying to be an rear end in a top hat, I was just asking a question. I don’t know what made her get so upset by that, and I did apologize but she blocked me nonetheless.

Was I an rear end in a top hat for this at all?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Husband (40) shames me (30) for what I wear
by u/enormoustits

quote:

We live in a hot country so I often wear tank tops and shorts as I sweat a lot. He would always comment about it and I will say, it is warm outside. Then he won't say anything and act normal.

Just now, I invited his mom to stay over for the weekend. He pointed out that my shorts (at home) are too short as it is above my knee. He went on a rant about how I like guys looking at me outside. I love attention etc.

I feel like I am disrespected coz he could have said this in private..... Or not at all. Who the f wears specific clothes in the hopes of being catcalled??

I am even the one who's working coz he said he's too old to get work and at least he takes care of me. Like, he doesn't drink or smoke or physically abuse me. But how come now I feel so little and abused? I have mental issues so I am not sure if I am just overreacting or what.

I just didn't respond after I tried to defend myself and failed. I just don't wanna talk to him. Tl:dr!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Husband (40) shames me (30) for what I wear
by u/enormoustits

Why is the bar set so Goddamned looooooooooooow?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

SoftNum posted:

I'll never understand divorcees' obsession with estrangement of their ex partner's affection. You don't want it anymore, why do you care who else has it? It feels super petty.

Now dating someone your daughter likely went to HS with? That's weird as gently caress.

:same: but my mom cried when my dad died despite him physically and mentally abusing her. probably some marital rape in there to. the human brain is a mystery.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Nvm

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA: For not telling my girlfriend, friends, and boss I'm worth more than 180 million dollars?

quote:

SO, before you're quick to judge and to give you a little background story, I'm currently 28 years old and grew up in the Pacific North West on the Oregon Coast. My parents died when I was 12, and I ended up being raised by some family friends as I am the last one in my family line. My entire childhood I was completely unaware of the significant wealth that my parents possessed, I lived a very average childhood, in a average 3 bedroom home my parents drove regular cars and we never took vacations as we lived close to the beach and we'd often spend our rare family time or 'vacations' there.

I inherited a little over 180 million dollars when I turned 25 years old. I was led on to believe until I turned 25 that I was left nothing, which I was okay with as I loved my parents more than anything- I was unaware of what they did for work but I was always told "mommy and daddy love you very much, we just work a lot" and I understood and believed it as they showed it. My parents started a company that designed specialty software and weapon design for companies and government militaries all around the world- Yikes I know...

SO, to the main topic I have hid the fact that I've had this money from my girlfriend, boss, and pretty much everyone I've made friends with. For the entire 3 years of our relationship (she's 32 and I'm 28) I didn't think it was important information to disclose to her, especially when I make low six figures from my now old job, and live in my childhood home, that I moved into when I turned 25.

She found out about my money, when she went on my computer to check her email as she left her computer at home, and read emails between me and my lawyer discussing assets, accounts, and the regular how are you's.. She proceeded to freak out at me and went absolutely ballistic, she told me how I was a horrible boyfriend that could've helped her and her family though a hardship, and decided not to because I was greedy, she left my house in a storm of anger when I said "I don't want anyone using the money right now, no matter what situation you're in" she screamed a very nice "F**k you, A**hole" and left- her best friend happens to be my boss, and when I went to work on Monday he had already cleared my desk, and proceed to tell me how I was a "capitalist a**hole" and that I should be ashamed.. I am very sad, as I loved my job, and all my co workers, now they all hate me. I've gotten more than one threatening call from my now ex girlfriend about how she's going to sue me for causing duress, when I told her I couldn't help financially during a difficult time for her family. SO the big question, am I the a**hole?

:guillotine:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

It's not a real breakup unless it's preceded by a warning salvo across the bow.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA: For not telling my girlfriend, friends, and boss I'm worth more than 180 million dollars?

I vote NTA but also :guillotine:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Invisible Clergy posted:

It’s OK. You can tell it’s fake because there was still some money left when he became old enough to access it.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Invisible Clergy posted:

Kinda sucks that she was fuckin' that dudes boss behind his back though, on top of everything else.

And I wonder what financial hardships she was having that "low" 6 figures was not going to help, that her gently caress-friend his boss couldn't help with, but that 180mil was going to help with, that was enough to leave him about. (Because I'm guessing something like "got up side down during an MLM" or "had to deal with 2 cars instead of three for a while")

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Agrikk posted:

This is actually hosed up and OP should stick to her guns.

My wife's cousin adopted a black child and as white Minnesotans they raised him as white as white can be. This wasn't a problem until he became a teen and then suddenly he was a black boy trying to date white girls and was a black-boy-raised-by-whites so he was called "oreo" by other black kids. He hated his own skin and was called racial slurs by his brother and sister. He had a really hard time since he basically was an outcast from both worlds. When he graduated from high school he left for college on the East Coast and doesn't visit his parents very often.

He's in his thirties now and has his own wife and kids, but when you catch him in a moment he'll tell you how messed up growing up in Minnesota was for an adopted black youth.

your wifes cousin is hosed up and shouldnt of been allowed to adopt if she didnt stop that poo poo with a biblical rear end beating.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BREAK UP WITH THAT PIECE OF poo poo

You want to break up. She is a piece of poo poo. Break up!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Jesus gently caress your husband has never respected you, he's not going to start now.

Also should have called the police on the kid when he murdered your cat. Or at least dropped him off at a shelter and refused any calls that weren't about him being put down.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for “not accepting” my friends sexuality?
There were two genders for all of human history until just now apparently?

Overplayed your hand there, fella.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

snergle posted:

your wifes cousin is hosed up and shouldnt of been allowed to adopt if she didnt stop that poo poo with a biblical rear end beating.

Yep. Pretty much all of us non-Minnesotans of the extended family agree on this point.

Also

Invisible Clergy posted:

I’m going to say NTA. By not disclosing his [private] business he was avoiding the exact type of situation she put them in as soon as she found out.

He seems normal and didn’t want it to be about his money. Girlfriend sucks.

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 5, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Invisible Clergy posted:

Why is Bruce Wayne posting on AITA

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

boar guy posted:

back when my wife and i were trying to foster/adopt, we actually ended up attending a meeting hosted by the christian adoption agency that set her up with her adoptive parents

after starting the meeting 45 minutes late, they spent an hour explaining to us, in no uncertain terms, that 'if you want a healthy white baby it's going to be 5 to 7 years' and then very ceremoniously paraded out a family where white parents had adopted a black, an asian and an hispanic baby and pantomimed 'look how normal and not weird this is' for all of us. it was one of the most disgusting things ive ever seen and we walked out

Look up the lady who invented adoption by kidnapping babies sometimes. It's better now, but only because there's less outright kidnapping. That "white babies are more" thing is straight out of her book.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

SoftNum posted:

And I wonder what financial hardships she was having that "low" 6 figures was not going to help, that her gently caress-friend his boss couldn't help with, but that 180mil was going to help with, that was enough to leave him about. (Because I'm guessing something like "got up side down during an MLM" or "had to deal with 2 cars instead of three for a while")

Could be medical bills for one of her family members.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Can I sue my sister for emotional damage?

quote:

So my mom, dad ,older brother, younger brother, and me are all suffering from my sister who is 17 and I'm 19. Everyone is suffering from her bitchiness. She emotionally abusive to us for no reason. She makes us feel worse and almost brought me to suicide 2 years ago. Every day she bitches about our ball pythons for our breeding buisness. She hates them and demands money for the babies even though she does nothing to help. She is 90% likely to sue us for this bullshit.. can we sue her for all the abuse and terrible whit she has done to us for 12 years.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for bribing somebody into not telling my school I said the n-word?

quote:

I have finished high school and am a pre-frosh at a top college-- think Ivies, Stanford, Duke, etc. This becomes very important later on.

My friends and I have a pretty offensive sense of humor, and we have a habit of calling each other slurs for fun, including racial and sexual slurs. We're all cool with being called offensive terms, so we don't see the harm of it.

There's a guy who used to be in our friend group but recently stopped hanging out with us. He had a change of heart about our sense of humor and decided it was bad to say these words even to each other. The rest of the group disagreed with him, so he left the group. Just recently, he texted me saying he would report us to our school for using offensive language.

I didn't want this to happen, since my school would probably get me in trouble by reporting this to my college, which might lead them to rescinding me. I didn't want this to happen, so I texted him telling he shouldn't do that. He was still adamant, so I figured something out-- I knew he was poor and wanted money to spend on clothes and stuff, so I told him I'd send him payments over a 4-year-period (by which time I'll have graduated) if he keeps quiet.

He agreed, but still went on and on about how my group are assholes for using slurs. I don't think he has the right to criticize me when he chose money over his own ideals, and besides, I don't think I did anything wrong-- I wasn't going around calling random black guys the n-word, our friend group was using terms we were all comfortable with.

AITA?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

Hmmm... is there such thing as a slow guillotine ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Invisible Clergy posted:

rear end in a top hat. That being said, was it in writing? Will it just be a guy saying, "They use racial slurs?"