Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mordiceius posted:

But you can only have 4 skills on your bar at any given time really (if you have a spot for basic attack and a spot for guarding), how do you pick which four to use?

EDIT: I think my problem is that I've hardly even touched Photon Arts because I can just spam the Wired Lances basic attack (on groups of enemies, sword on single targets) and everything dies so quickly. So I'm level 30 and I feel like I've used PAs less than a handful of times because I really don't even need to.

My new favorite Wired Lance skill is the one that makes you just swing back and forth in the air like you're on a tree swing. I am not really sure what I'm supposed to use it for, but drat if it doesn't make me smile when I swing feet-first into a bunch of trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Healbot posted:

Tweaker discord has the file you need to make Windows register the install, look for the stickies.

Thank you, by the time I saw this I had already progressed to a different problem but I did find the script someone wrote to fix windows store problems and that looks to have actually fixed it.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Huh, so Jet Boots just kinda lose double jump as a unique feature at 40? I assumed the Jet Boots double jump would stack with the universal free class skill for a triple jump but it seems not.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
JBs instead gain the ability to "wall jump" off an enemy infinitely.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
To elaborate on that more, you can jump after every successful attack on an enemy, whether it's a normal attack or a PA. So effectively you never have to touch the ground, especially against bosses.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Everyone tells me it sucks but the PA where you just shoot the rifle straight up and the bullets fall around you at random just did 10000 damage to hard Dark Falz Eder while I'm level 27 and also everybody else died so who sucks now :smug:

I think more than PSO 1 rifle camos I want PSO 1 saber camos, that red-purple one looked cool as hell at the time

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 5, 2020

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Plasbad posted:

To elaborate on that more, you can jump after every successful attack on an enemy, whether it's a normal attack or a PA. So effectively you never have to touch the ground, especially against bosses.

Yeah, although the skill description is complete gibberish.

"Allows additional jump for trample ATK during Focus Gauge accumulation, normal ATK or PA with Jet Boots equipped. Can only be used with Main Class."

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

RBA Starblade posted:

I think more than PSO 1 rifle camos I want PSO 1 saber camos, that red-purple one looked cool as hell at the time

Red saber exists in the client as a wand/doublesaber camo. Lavis Cannon is a 14star wand we'll likely get at the tail end of ep4.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
You can goomba stomp trash and it's hilarious even if it's really low damage.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Nemo2342 posted:

My new favorite Wired Lance skill is the one that makes you just swing back and forth in the air like you're on a tree swing. I am not really sure what I'm supposed to use it for, but drat if it doesn't make me smile when I swing feet-first into a bunch of trash.

That one's fun, but I'm a really big fan of the one where you wrap a dude up in your lance and spin him like a beyblade.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

I've got a bad feeling about the error I got - when I tried to launch PSO2 through Tweaker, Windows said I needed a new version of the app. PSO2 also wouldn't run on its own when I clicked the icon. At this point I've got Tweaker checking for updates in a desperate attempt to fix this without reinstalling, but has anyone else had this problem and gotten through it without that?

(edit) Nope, this is a reinstall. Gonna have to try it with PSO2 tweaker's install this time.

Jack Van Burace fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 5, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

General question, but where is NA in relation to the JP version in terms of balance changes? Obviously we're missing content (PA crafting, complex PAs, a ton of skill rings, etc.), but are the PA/weapon stats in line with how they are in JP right now or are we just multiple patches behind and we'll gradually be caught up even if it means getting changes in a patch that JP later iterated on?

We're in a very strange place in NA right now. We have all of the balance changes that were in JP up to the xbox one closed beta. There was a couple changes to katanas that happened in JP soon after the closed beta that we haven't gotten yet though.

We have all of the PAs other than crafted PAs and complex PAs. However we only have story content up through Episode 3 (JP is in late Episode 6 right now), and actual quest content up to early Episode 3. As such we're really behind on weapons, although they claim that they want to be caught up to JP by the end of the year.

E: btw, jet boots element absolutely stays when you use jetsweep kick here in NA. That was a change made back in 2018 in JP.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 5, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MR. J posted:

Red saber exists in the client as a wand/doublesaber camo. Lavis Cannon is a 14star wand we'll likely get at the tail end of ep4.

I know, I mean the plain old non rare gear though. The regular rear end red purple Saber looked cool. The pallasch maybe?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Finishing SH Dark Falz Loser yesterday with 2 seconds left on the fight was a bit intense and goddamn that fight sucks when the clock isn't broken. I don't think I died in the first 25 minutes of the fight then ate it probably 4-5 times after that because his model would just block the camera and whoops there's some attacks you can't see now. Got two luther unit drops which was neat though.

Should hit lvl 70 today on Force and my Tech sub is 53 or 54. No idea what class to level as a sub next. Summoner? Maybe Fighter so it can sub for Tech, too? I mained Hunter in JP so I'm not in a rush to level that.

jokes posted:

I wonder what the most/least popular classes are. I’m playing Force and loving it but all the other classes seem to be .. uh ... well, funner and more actiony. I’m sure a lot of people sleep on Force because it’s slower and far more deliberate than even Hunter. But I’m a sucker for magic and love dropping meteors on dorks for absurd numbers.

I just love slaying dudes goddamn. Braver is a very fast and fun class, and has some VERY big numbers but it also is a lot more engaging. I’m enjoying Ranger as my “smoke a bowl, drink some beer, make numbers get big” experience, but Force and Braver are up there man.

I really need to start playing with goons, I solo everything so much I don’t know why. Would it be advised to play with goons before VHAQs or is the experience so disjointed before that funnel that most folks are either doing random poo poo OR VHAQ/SHAQs?

Force is kinda monotonous yeah, since ilgrants and zonde seem to deal with everything. But then a swarm of enemies spawn by you and it's zonde time :science:

Also our dodge has iframes for days and in SH Loser it was nice just not being touched by tons of big AOE that was flooring people constantly.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
I'm trying to complete the "BOOST ELEMENTS ON YOUR FAVOURITE GEAR" quest, and after fumbling in game and googling I'm not sure what to do. I went to dudu, enhanced my launcher that has light on it with another weapon (different type), also with light on it. It upgraded it but didn't complete the quest. I am clearly missing something here.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Nigulus Rex posted:

I'm trying to complete the "BOOST ELEMENTS ON YOUR FAVOURITE GEAR" quest, and after fumbling in game and googling I'm not sure what to do. I went to dudu, enhanced my launcher that has light on it with another weapon (different type), also with light on it. It upgraded it but didn't complete the quest. I am clearly missing something here.

Not sure if I did that quest yet, but is there a feature to favorite your gear besides locking it?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Nigulus Rex posted:

To boost a weapon's element you need it to be at least the same weapon type of the same rarity. That'll boost your weapon's element by 1. Having it be the same weapon but a different element will boost it by 10, and the same weapon that is the same element will add their elements together.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saagonsa posted:

We're in a very strange place in NA right now. We have all of the balance changes that were in JP up to the xbox one closed beta. There was a couple changes to katanas that happened in JP soon after the closed beta that we haven't gotten yet though.

We have all of the PAs other than crafted PAs and complex PAs. However we only have story content up through Episode 3 (JP is in late Episode 6 right now), and actual quest content up to early Episode 3. As such we're really behind on weapons, although they claim that they want to be caught up to JP by the end of the year.

That's cool and what I was hoping for - it means anything written about JP balance will apply to NA outside of crafter/complex PAs and skill rings we'll unlock probably with later episodes.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

JB infinite-jumping is particularly hilarious in poo poo like the Luther fight where you never have to touch the ground again. Double-jump, dash attack to him, jump, kick, jump, kick, repeat until you're kicking him in the face. When he leaves the arena, you just spam normal attacks (not Perfecting them, just kick as fast as you can) and you stay in the air indefinitely. Whenever he comes back (or moves around), you just dash-attack at him again; if it happens to target another, lower piece, you simply climb him again. You stay out of range of 90% of his attacks, and even charging up Shifta/Resta in the air slooooowly floats you down, maybe the space of a single jump again. Meanwhile, the entire time you're up there and he's in range, you do that zippy side-dash attack shift-canceled into the tornado spinkick until you run out of PP, then just kick him a few times, then start again. Loop endlessly.

It's ridiculous, and this works similarly on most of the large bosses.

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 5, 2020

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It's like Katana's spammable PA that makes you move up vertically by about a full jump's worth so you can slash a dude's head. Nightfall province has that tall boss and it's great fun just staying right in his face the whole time.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Turns out the true endgame is wrecking Blacknyack for 17k coins in one sitting, and getting up fast enough to feed my mag 3 times and sit back down without missing a round.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I forgot how long the final episode 2 mission was but I still love it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The more I play the more I realize this is pretty much what I wanted Destiny's strikes and raids to be. I really like how the ship shits itself and throws up red alerts and raid warnings all over the place and someone's on the PA system like "oh gently caress Dark Falz is here someone do something we're being murdered" and if you take the emergency order you just see a bunch of fleets fighting weird hosed up arms and you're on a wrecked frigate or something. Then when you go to fight the core it shows the same fleet and they're totally destroyed. It ends up being a fairly easy loot pinata but in a really fun way and it's still able to wipe you out if you gently caress a dodge up.

There's no real sense of urgency in Destiny, but also, half of the goddamn raids anymore are just running in circles, and it's a huge breath of fresh air that this is just "try not to squadwipe to this thing, also look out for the doomsday laser". Also as stupid as the plot is, and it's very, it's cool that it actually does things instead of staying in a holding pattern for all time.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Am I doing myself a huge disservice by basically skipping the story missions? I mean, I feel like I know what’s going on. There’s a couple planets, an evil force, the evil force is bad and we need to kill it but it also corrupts things. My allies are various flavors of anime, there’s a shy mystery magic girl, robots.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

jokes posted:

Am I doing myself a huge disservice by basically skipping the story missions? I mean, I feel like I know what’s going on. There’s a couple planets, an evil force, the evil force is bad and we need to kill it but it also corrupts things. My allies are various flavors of anime, there’s a shy mystery magic girl, robots.

I don't give a poo poo about those at all, that part is hideously bad.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
finally got this thing to work. turns out the issue is GameGuard hates Nahimic 2 and will absolutely not let the game launch if it's running. bizarre.

been having a ton of fun as a Braver, have no idea what to subclass as but i'd assume Hunter? i've been messing around with Techter too, also very fun and cool to be a jack of all trades and Wands should really be called Maces. haven't even touched my skill points yet due to a horrific fear of crippling my character and the lack of build guides.

the Volcano is quite the step up from the Forest, drat. i could run the Forest and barely get hit, went in with the same cockiness to the Volcano, and got absolutely reamed by Vol Dragon. good times.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hunter is basically always a fantastic subclass because of its survivability. Mostly, adding hunter as a subclass does nothing but make you more tanky, or add crit.

I’m using weapon barriers +10 and am wondering when I should use other things. I mean these bad boys give me health and 190 to each defense category.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

jokes posted:

it's not a great story, you don't lose too much. there are moments that are funny with how absurdly anime they are but it doesn't get cranked to 11 in being entertainingly trashy until episode 4

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

CYBEReris posted:

it's not a great story, you don't lose too much. there are moments that are funny with how absurdly anime they are but it doesn't get cranked to 11 in being entertainingly trashy until episode 4

Does knowing the characters matter at all?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

jokes posted:

Does knowing the characters matter at all?

not really, if you don't care who they are and continue not to care who they are. if you get invested for whatever reason you can always go back and see what you missed, there's a tab in story missions for ones you've completed.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The story starts getting alright around the end of episode 1, and I'd say that Episode 2's moves it into the "actually decent" category. The start of Episode 4 is actually really dire, the worst it's ever been, but it redeems itself by the end.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the only part of the story I really liked was time-traveling to witness how Matoi's tragedy happened. i feel like that thread rolls all the decent parts of the plot into one arc and makes later Episode 3 stuff better by existing.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

jokes posted:

Right now beating them on hardcore is the largest source of Star Gems in the game, and there's a campaign to beat about half of episode two before the end of the month for a fancy cape, an emote, and 40 more Star Gems.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wait, you get more SG for playing on Hardcore? poo poo, I was just trying to get done and over with it so I just played on Casual. Now I guess it's time to redo stuff :negative:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I just had a baffling bug. The game wouldn't load because there was something keeping the xbox companion app from loading. I restarted the computer since the gaming settings page said it couldn't find an ip for the computer and restarting usually fixes these things. The xbox companion loads this time so I try running the game now. The launcher loads in Japanese, gives me an error, also in Japanese, and then closes the launcher and won't start again. I try uninstalling and the uninstall gets stuck prompting me to restart again, and checking my apps page shows it no longer on my computer, so now I'm reinstalling pso2 again for like the fifth time and hoping for the best.
Bouncer was looking fun too. :negative:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
anecdotally, i've seen people with the exact same issue say doing the install through PSO2 Tweaker solved that instantly. don't quote me on it, a lot of the tech support around this game is voodoo atm, but it's worth a try.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
That's my next plan if the launcher gives me trouble again. Hopefully the patch goes smoothly.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

MelvinBison posted:

I just had a baffling bug. The game wouldn't load because there was something keeping the xbox companion app from loading. I restarted the computer since the gaming settings page said it couldn't find an ip for the computer and restarting usually fixes these things. The xbox companion loads this time so I try running the game now. The launcher loads in Japanese, gives me an error, also in Japanese, and then closes the launcher and won't start again. I try uninstalling and the uninstall gets stuck prompting me to restart again, and checking my apps page shows it no longer on my computer, so now I'm reinstalling pso2 again for like the fifth time and hoping for the best.
Bouncer was looking fun too. :negative:

These may help with your MS Store woes: https://na.arks-layer.com/
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gv3pdg/new_tweaker_will_fix_all_your_issues_and_not_have/

e: b

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Saagonsa posted:

E: btw, jet boots element absolutely stays when you use jetsweep kick here in NA. That was a change made back in 2018 in JP.

Are you sure about this? I just tested and if I charge up say, Grants a few times to get the focus bar to full, I see the light particle effect just fine until the bar runs out (or I Jetsweep to dump it all immediately), then it goes away. Does the element still persist even after the particle effect is gone?

Also read a post on the pso2 reddit (which I can't readily find at the moment unfortunately) while I was originally trying to figure out why I was losing element randomly that said we didn't have that change yet for whatever reason, so that further supported my conclusion.

At any rate this game is kinda bad at indicating how stuff works sometimes so I'd appreciate more insight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Speaking of the game being unclear

Sometimes enemies have red blobs or fancy things stuck to them

what does this... do, besides add another weak point?