Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/1268738899616182272?s=21

or as Joe Biden likes to call them: “coloreds”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
So is this the point where we start a grassroots campaign for Ice T / Shaggy 2 Dope 2020?

I mean, yes, plenty to criticize both men for but they have genuinely shown more leadership and responsibility than either of the traditional sides.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

There's someone giving out Trump avs to anyone who posts critically of Biden in D&D as a way of flexing that they have more money than leftists. It got bad enough that there was a QCS thread. And we do in fact restore avatars missing the NoJoe tag ITT.

giving cash to lowtax to own the left

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

gently caress joe biden

Also gently caress the Dallas football Cowboys. But mostly gently caress Joe Biden.

Also imagine spending money on avatar changes in a country with three-mile long lines for food banks

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Brownhat posted:

Literally just follow the rules of the thread to poo poo on Biden, it's hilarious. Also you'll probably eat a prob for "reason." (The reason is the mods succ poo poo.)

Complications posted:

D&D election 2020 thread. Just start arguing with libs in longform with regards to Joe Biden and wait.

I did a driveby helicopter poo poo all over pappy biden's goldenboy Hunter and so far nothing. If it requires longform discussion with a Biden supporter? I haven't had my kids yet and I don't want to expose myself to that poison. ALARA.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Quiet Feet posted:

Also gently caress the Dallas football Cowboys. But mostly gently caress Joe Biden.

Also imagine spending money on avatar changes in a country with three-mile long lines for food banks

Well one tangibly helps people, and the other is pointless and performative bullshit designed to remind one's lessers of their lower status.

Guess which ones liberals prefer.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Quiet Feet posted:

a country with three-mile long lines for food banks

We are literally worse off now, after three months, than the Great Depression got at its peak two years in. We have twenty one months to go and poo poo hasn't even stopped getting worse FASTER.

Is this what it was like? Did the news just tacitly agree to barely mention it in our grandparent's day also? I'm lucky enough to have a job still and like, maybe it's whistling past the graveyard but no one at work seems to want to talk about it.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

I've decided, I'm not going to vote for Joe Biden. Because he told me not to. And also because he's bad.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I mentioned this in the other thread, but mentioning the numbers ten and fifteen percent and saying them's the bad people encourages people to figure out what number Joe's loving talking about.

Numbers that fit that I found during some cursory Googling:

Black population of the United States

65+ population of the United States

He's just figured out the best possible way to get people from what is allegedly his core base to unite against him- vaguetweeting that could be interpreted multiple ways, so that each group can be turned against him independently.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

V. Illych L. posted:

atm i'm guessing that a lot of 2016 non-voters are pretty fired up, but even if covid-19 is gone by november they're not getting that sort of turnout

lol why would 2016 non-voters think their vote matters this year?

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It cannot get better than this.

WITNESS MY TAG! SHINY AND CHROME!

the cool zone tags take priority this week

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

This is getting into unskewing territory. Unless there are clear methodological errors it's best not to try to gently caress around with poll results. They could be completely wrong (or people could just change their minds) but pollsters accepting people saying "I will vote for candidate X" is normal.

interesting you should mention that because in the latest crosstab im looking at

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1268705771816194048?p=v

the rate for people who wont vote for anyone at all is something like twenty percent its higher for younger voters lower for older ones as seen on page fifteen this is pretty close to the numbers the abcnews washpost poll has for past elections but not the upcoming one

as worried as i am of going into full on unskewing territory the more of these crosstabs i read the more obvious it is to me that the polls have to be wrong not because i fancy myself an savant amateur in the field of polling but because polls taken over the same period with the same rough samples and sometimes even the exact same firms have been coming out with completely different and generally nonintuitive results its just only really obvious if youre looking at the crosstabs since only the final figure is typically reported on

and at least part of this is probably because the crosstabs themselves arent usually all that readable i had to go in a hundred pages on the abcnews washpost one to find their breakdown of how many people they polled identified with each party and this optimus poll is refusing to give out overall averages for reasons that arent at all clear to me and i think its completely fair game to point out stats in these crosstabs that arent being reported but which seem fantastically unlikely like page sixteen on the optimus poll saying that democrats are leading the generic congressional ballot in the south by two points

edit misidentified one of the polls i was referencing

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Jun 5, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Ugh, got myself Trumpified by an aggrieved lib. Might I request my av and tags back?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Look at the bright side, whichever shitlib is doing the Trump avs, is at least not giving that money to Joe Biden.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
hilarious to me that someone thinks the best way to own the left is to donate to a dying comedy website to buy ads for the person they're ostensibly so against voting for that they're propping up a rambling rapist idiot to beat him

it's almost like they don't understand why trump won the first time

e: like imagine trying to explain to a normal person that you've spent hundreds of dollars on trump ads to support joe biden

Solanumai has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Jun 5, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shere posted:

hilarious to me that someone thinks the best way to own the left is to donate to a dying comedy website to buy ads for the person they're ostensibly so against voting for that they're propping up a rambling rapist idiot to beat him

it's almost like they don't understand why trump won the first time

Trump won because his supporters were willing to vote for a decrepit racist rapist, unlike Dems, who uh

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i am legit starting to want trump to win now just to own the libs lol

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

V. Illych L. posted:

There's a legitimate chance that him winning re-election is the least terrible outcome in the long-term.
It's still going to be an enormous garbage fire made out of racism/nepotism/cronyism/every other bad -ism while it's happening, but it may be what finally breaks enough people into demanding actual change instead of empty platitudes about how things are already great in 2024.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

I think the ideal outcome is that Biden loses and the margin is smaller than the third party vote

If Biden wins it will be Competent Fascist 2024

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

V. Illych L. posted:

I don't want Trump to win but I genuinely believe that in the long-term, Biden winning would be even worse. That's why I'm NoJoe

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

competent fascism is a contradiction in terms, but yeah if biden wins it's going to be really grim

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

V. Illych L. posted:

competent fascism is a contradiction in terms, but yeah if biden wins it's going to be really grim

Ted Cruz With A Blonde Undercut 2024

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

V. Illych L. posted:

I don't want either of them to win, which is why I'm not voting for them.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Complications posted:

I don't want either of them to win, which is why I'm not voting for them.

Pretty much where I stand. I recognize that there are definitely somethings that would be better under a Biden presidency than Trump, but at the same time Biden would continue a lot of really lovely neo-liberal policies and administration stances except instead of the Dems screaming about it because Trump is doing it, they would become normalized. I just can't get out of my head how Obama's presidency is viewed by liberals as some American golden age and gloss over how much he actively pushed the country further into a late capitalist hellscape, and I think eight more years of that under Biden/Klob/insert establishment dem here would be more damaging to the left than four more years of Trump.

Maybe that makes me an accelerationist, idk. I just feel like Biden will invite complacency, and complacency is the worst thing we could do right now as we're rapidly hurtling towards the edge of the cliff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basically

This isn't stopping in November or January regardless. At this point it's just about if people will obviously see that, or willfully ignore it for a bit because the blue is more comforting to their eyes. We don't benefit from either, but at least something might be done if people can clearly see that because the anger might still be there

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

It's not so much competence you have to worry about IMO, it's a fascist leader whom liberals can't totally reject on a surface level. We got a little bit lucky with Trump being such a grotesque personality, but even then libs had to invent the Russia poo poo to keep themselves from agreeing with him too much.

Biden won't win, so maybe we'll be a little lucky again; while the next fascist will have their gripes with how Trump handled things, they'll have to consider his publicity strategy as a success.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

V. Illych L. posted:

it's worthwhile, if they win they'll make sure to have whole divisions of people there to cover up and justify this same murder, like they did when they had a chance multiple times before

if dems win they will make sure to make everything a lot more quietly oppressive which is all they ever want, and joe biden is a segregationist so he will definitely make it worse

it's a party with no values or morals other than order and nobody associated with it should have any respect, least of all joe biden

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

I don't want Trump to win but I genuinely believe that in the long-term, Biden winning would be even worse. That's why I'm NoJoe

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

also as a foreigner I am way more worried about Biden. Trump is a limpdicked and limpwristed bully who backs down at the slightest pushback. Biden on the other hand probably has a list of countries he wants to invade first

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

V. Illych L. posted:

TBH the most lib-owning outcome is that Trump wins the popular vote but Biden takes the EC. Then they have to pretend to ignore not just Biden being less popular than Trump, but also all the horrible poo poo he does while in office.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Also it would be really funny to hear the post-2016 arguments repeated verbatim except by the opposite sides, because they absolutely would be.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Rastor posted:

If Biden wins it will be Competent Fascist 2024

no one can credibly claim to know what will happen a month from now, much less in 2024

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

dex_sda posted:

also as a foreigner I am way more worried about Biden. Trump is a limpdicked and limpwristed bully who backs down at the slightest pushback. Biden on the other hand probably has a list of countries he wants to invade first

I am almost certain that if Biden wins we'll finally see the invasion of Iran.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gobblecoque posted:

I am almost certain that if Biden wins we'll finally see the invasion of Iran.

Iran, more Cuba dickwaving and those are comrades, probably gonna deepen problems with Russia too and that always leads to awesome proxy wars

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eminai posted:

Also it would be really funny to hear the post-2016 arguments repeated verbatim except by the opposite sides, because they absolutely would be.

They already are lol

Trump got more votes in his meaningless non-primary in Texas than the entire Dem primary combined but there's fuckers in the election thread hooting and hollering about it going blue this time, apparently absolute turnout doesn't matter for poo poo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

interesting you should mention that because in the latest crosstab im looking at

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1268705771816194048?p=v

the rate for people who wont vote for anyone at all is something like twenty percent its higher for younger voters lower for older ones as seen on page fifteen this is pretty close to the numbers the abcnews washpost poll has for past elections but not the upcoming one

as worried as i am of going into full on unskewing territory the more of these crosstabs i read the more obvious it is to me that the polls have to be wrong not because i fancy myself an savant amateur in the field of polling but because polls taken over the same period with the same rough samples and sometimes even the exact same firms have been coming out with completely different and generally nonintuitive results its just only really obvious if youre looking at the crosstabs since only the final figure is typically reported on

and at least part of this is probably because the crosstabs themselves arent usually all that readable i had to go in a hundred pages on the abcnews washpost one to find their breakdown of how many people they polled identified with each party and this optimus poll is refusing to give out overall averages for reasons that arent at all clear to me and i think its completely fair game to point out stats in these crosstabs that arent being reported but which seem fantastically unlikely like page sixteen on the optimus poll saying that democrats are leading the generic congressional ballot in the south by two points

edit misidentified one of the polls i was referencing

Cross-tabs tend to be noisy since they represent a tiny slice of a larger sample thats only statistically meaningful when viewed as a whole. That said, if you look at the crosstabs of several recent polls what you (generally) see is Biden doing really, really well with boomers, who are usually a GOP mainstay and don't tend to vote third party/not vote.

But in any case, polls are rarely "right" or "wrong" in a meaningful sense, they're just snapshots of data with limited degrees of applicability to the real questions like "who will win in November?"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

dex_sda posted:

Biden doesn't have a list. His advisers, who will actually run everything, absolutely do, and Biden has neither the will nor the capacity to push back against anything like that. He'll do whatever the lobbyists and insiders say, as he's done his whole career. It'll be a Raytheon/Boeing/Amazon/Walmart/Chevron Presidency. All the hogs will be at the trough, so yes, we'll have at least one or two "foreign interventions."

I genuinely believe that contra to your point here, Trump has more of an individual will than Biden, which is why we see him making incredibly bizarre and brazen decisions on occasion (even while 90% of the gov't is run by Kushner and McConnell).

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Jun 5, 2020

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I may be misremembering, but didn't Biden straight-up say he was going to put Rs in his administration? Like, if you assume Trump and Biden, both being senile rapists, just defer everything to their cabinet/advisors, then nothing's going to change.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Biden doesn't have a list. His advisers, who will actually run everything, absolutely do, and Biden has neither the will nor the capacity to push back against anything like that. He'll do whatever the lobbyists and insiders say, as he's done his whole career. It'll be a Raytheon/Boeing/Amazon/Walmart/Chevron Presidency. All the hogs will be at the trough, so yes, we'll have at least one or two "foreign interventions."

I genuinely believe that contra to your point here, Trump has more of an individual will than Biden, which is why we see him making incredibly bizarre and brazen decisions on occasion (even while 90% of the gov't is run by Kushner and McConnell).

chill, friend, I was using 'biden' as shorthand for his admin. he's obviously too mushbrained to run anything. My point is precisely that Trump has some of his own will, and also is unbelievably lazy. Which mixed with his cowardice means he's not going to war any time soon.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

I may be misremembering, but didn't Biden straight-up say he was going to put Rs in his administration? Like, if you assume Trump and Biden, both being senile rapists, just defer everything to their cabinet/advisors, then nothing's going to change.

He already surrounds himself with garbage advisers like Larry Summers, but yes, you can expect his cabinet to be more conservative than Obama's, and Obama prided himself at achieving "balance" with a "team of rivals" because he truly believed in liberalism and compromising with Republicans. Whether they're Republicans or just conservative Democrats hardly makes a difference since they fundamentally believe in the same things, but you can bet the military, policing and finance roles will indeed have some R representation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

dex_sda posted:

chill, friend, I was using 'biden' as shorthand for his admin. he's obviously too mushbrained to run anything. My point is precisely that Trump has some of his own will, and also is unbelievably lazy. Which mixed with his cowardice means he's not going to war any time soon.

Didn't intend that post to sound hostile, I'm just posting off the top of my head. We're in agreement.