Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Into the Brach is bad. FTL is good. Hope this helps.

you mother FUCKER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Same but the opposite

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If FTL was on Switch it would have been on that list. Apparently they dont like money.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Into the Breach is a bit exhausting for me to play at times, but I admire having a strategy game with perfect information that's even nice enough to give you one undo button per mission. It's a fantastic game design-wise and I think it's worth the hype, although I really wish I liked it more than I did (I like it, just don't love it). It's a game I definitely have a ton of respect for, at least.

FTL straight-out owns and I'm still hopelessly hoping for a Switch port someday.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I am terrible at both so it doesn't matter much for me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Into the Breach is very good, though

You shouldn't buy that knockoff shovelware

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Social Animal posted:

I've seen this and I believe you but I just can't vibe with that art. I want Andy and tanks, I accept no imitation!

That game sucks too so you’re not missing much. The map design sucks, AI is dogshit and worse than a 20 year old GBA game

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Into the Brach is bad.

Woah.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
At first I got hammered by Into the Breach

After somewhere between 5-10 games it clicked and I have since 100% it
My favorite shenanigans is teleport swapping over water

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
When you think about it, Clubhouse Games is also a remaster collection.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Does clubhouse games let you castle in Chess or capture en passant?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I still don't fully understand Riichi Mahjong, but one of the tips said, "If you're having trouble, try learning gin rummy first!"

Gin rummy is not in Clubhouse Games :geno:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

404notfound posted:

I still don't fully understand Riichi Mahjong, but one of the tips said, "If you're having trouble, try learning gin rummy first!"

Gin rummy is not in Clubhouse Games :geno:

You just identified the first DLC!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mega64 posted:

I keep telling Nintendo to stop releasing games, I'm glad they're finally listening and after Paper Mario there will no longer be any new games on the Switch!

Did you miss that leak though? There were 4 SKUS on a website. Nintendo 1-4 they have 4 more game coming out

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Numbering my SKUs Nintendo1 Nintendo2 and Nintendo4 and releasing them on the online marketplace.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

Numbering my SKUs Nintendo1 Nintendo2 and Nintendo4 and releasing them on the online marketplace.

But where is Nintendo3!?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

American McGay posted:

Stop buying games you idiots.

no fuk u

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

You just identified the first DLC!

I'm buying it day one :colbert:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm really enjoying Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Loading times aren't great but it's still really playable.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Len posted:

Did you miss that leak though? There were 4 SKUS on a website. Nintendo 1-4 they have 4 more game coming out

those are all just different versions of paper mario origami king

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

Does clubhouse games let you castle in Chess or capture en passant?

Yes to both

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm been tip-toeing my way through all the Clubhouse games and enjoying learning stuff I didn't know and feeling pretty good about my competency in each of them but now I've gotten to Hex and the level 2 CPU is absolutely kicking my rear end and I can't figure out how and it's making me want to headbutt my Switch in half.

Nine Men's Morris is tight though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Augus posted:

those are all just different versions of paper mario origami king

You heard it here first folks: regular, deluxe, super deluxe and origami Edition confirmed.

Origami edition ships in a hand folded origami case and comes with origami of every character. Yours for $420.69 preorder now

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
When I get into the Brach's my sugar high compels me to buy too many lovely games

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Jawdins posted:

When I get into the Brach's my sugar high compels me to buy too many lovely games

lol into the butterscotch dungeon

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rutibex posted:

I'm going to fill up my memory card with good games then I'll stop. I have about 5gb left and enough nintendo dollars for about two games. Todays sales were mediocre and I know that there are no sales on the weekend so I'm making my decision now. I have narrowed it down to:

-Into The Breach
-Phoenix Write Collection
-The Flame in the Flood
-For the King
-Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
-Enter The Gungeon

Which two of these are best? Its hard to decide.

If you've never played Phoenix Wright, go for that one. It turns out that what you need to make a text adventure about lawyers entertaining is to dump anime all over it, who knew?

Into the Breach is my favourite out of the rest of those, it's like they took everything great about Advance Wars and condensed it into a little bite-sized nugget

edit: I missed a whole page and this has already been said but it's still 100% correct so I am leaving it

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 5, 2020

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The Flame in the Flood is nice-ish but very flawed and feels incomplete.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jawdins posted:

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

lol into the butterscotch dungeon

Sweet for brak

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Any thoughts on City of Brass for 6 bucks? I’ve been looking for some more first person stuff and don’t mind the rogue like elements.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

istewart posted:

Any thoughts on City of Brass for 6 bucks? I’ve been looking for some more first person stuff and don’t mind the rogue like elements.

I find its really helpful to look at Steam reviews for a lot of these games. I usually look for not just recommendations, but time played. In this case the Steam page for City of Brass had lots of people with 10-20 hours, and more than a few with 40+ hours in the game.

After that I used my gold coins to get copy on Switch, so I'll report back. I can never pass up a cheap roguelike :v:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 5, 2020

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Anyone who says FTL is bad is my sworn enemy forever.

Btw I have the PC and iOS versions of FTL and although the PC version is definitely better, the iOS version is good enough that it’s the only one I play now because of the convenience and portability.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they add battleship to Clubhouse Games. Wasn’t it in the DS one? Which games are missing from DS?

I had a ton of fun with FTL and Into the Breach for like a weekend each and then completely got over both of them. They’re great games though but not for me in the long term.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
is it normal to be really bad at Bayonetta? Something about the combat isn't clicking with me - the combos seem like they are better suited to a few enemies at a time but they keep throwing a ton all at once. I'm on chapter 8 and I've gotten the stone award all but twice. It's fun, but it feels like I should be better at it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kart Barfunkel posted:

$59 is an acceptable price for RE4.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The Pirate Captain posted:

is it normal to be really bad at Bayonetta? Something about the combat isn't clicking with me - the combos seem like they are better suited to a few enemies at a time but they keep throwing a ton all at once. I'm on chapter 8 and I've gotten the stone award all but twice. It's fun, but it feels like I should be better at it.

Sure. It's also a lot of perspective trickery going on. I would get high scores for some types of fights, and then some fights with a different angle I would completely blow. It's not a super easy game to get good scores in. Frankly, it's just fun to play and do as good as you can, making it through the story. I stopped worrying about scores and what not, just like I stopped worrying for Sayonara Wild Hearts

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clubhouse games ds is my favorite game of all time so this being a dissapoontment is really upsetting. It's just lacking in features and is padded with really bad games. Why they thought to give us a version of slot tennis and a poor point break simulator over rumney et all I have no idea.

The game is okay. I recommend waiting for it to drop to 20.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Let's see what I bought... I tend to consider my yearly purchases starting in March/April, which is when I off-load all my gold points for a big purchase but I'll back to January here:

Voxelgrams- late last month, and it's the Picross 3D I wanted so Zero Regrets. I appreciate that it doesn't penalize you for a mistake since the control scheme will result in them from time to time.

Streets of Rage 4- Sight unseen, but I became obsessed with the series during quarantine after playing through the first 3 on steam with my brother in law.

3D Streets of Rage- I got this on my 3DS because of the aforementioned obsession.

3D Streets of Rage 2- Idem. It's not listed here but I also bought Streets of Rage 3 on Steam for 99 cents (I also bought 1 since I wasn't originally going to get it for the 3DS, but the music is super good!). I'm super tempted at times to get Sega ages Classics on Switch (sub 15 euro!), so I can have them all with the rewind feature on my Switch, but I genuinely do not care for any of the other games on that collection and I already own the them in one format or another.

Deadly Premonitions- On the backlog but I will play it for sure. Got it for sub-15.

Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog- I was convinced to try this out to figure out what was the deal with Sonic. Got this and 2. Beat them both. This didn't do much to convince me.

Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2- A genuinely pretty fun game. I get the appeal. Still didn't convince me to get Sonic Mania however.

Broforce- Was super cheap. It was during the quarantine and someone in this thread never stopped talking about it (and a friend suggested it too). Had a good time, I'd like to go back and finish unlocking all the Bros after having beaten it.

Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection On the backlog. This was what I spent my yearly gold points on. It was on sale and I look forward to getting to it after my summer of Final Fantasy.

Kirby Star Allies- I indulged on this one. It was on sale and I had had a hankering for a decent Kirby game. Zero regrets. I really liked the game and continue to play it today while on phone conversations/Zoom meetings. I also bought Epic Yarn for the 3DS cheap in cartridge form at the store during this time. It disappointed me so much I needed a better Kirby experience hence this.

Dragon's Dogma On the backlog, but an industry friend of mine offered me the free code as well as that to Phoenix Wright Collection and Justice for All on the 3DS. I took the latter too, but not the collection having played all of them previously.

Fitness Boxing This was a full price purchase to try to stay in shape during the quarantine. I used it daily and while I use it less now that I'm running again I still play it. I plan to unlock all the outfits in it at the very least.

Good Job! Great little game that I bought in the hopes to get my partner to play something with me finally. She did! and She really liked it! So it was well-worth the purchase. Just finished finding all the outfits in it too so I can put it completely to bed.

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX In regard to this and the above, I had always intended on playing the PS FF games since I had only played 1-6 prior. They were on sale so I got them. Both are on the back-log but I should be starting 8 very shortly and with any luck finish it by August to then take up 9, which I imagine will take me through Christmas.

Pikuniku I got it for 99 cents like many people. Cool little cute game. Did I find everything? No, but did I enjoy it? Immensely.

Overcooked 2 In the early days of quarantine I picked up a lot of online multiplayer games in the vain hope to enjoy them with someone. My partner asked for this as her boss also had a Switch and wanted to play with her. We haven't finished it and likely won't.

Rocket League My brother in law mentioned it. I got it cheap, but we only played a couple of times, before my poor skill level became obvious to his. Also he's far more used to playing on a computer and I think it bugged him to have to play on Switch.

DOOM

DOOM II The cheap price (1.50!) motivated to get these two historic games. No regrets. I get why DOOM is a thing now, and while I won't likely get the newer games it was nice to experience video game history.

SEGA Ages Out Run I got this cheap, while asking for chill driving games. It didn't really stick with me unfortunately. The music is rad though.

Children of Morta This was a thread suggestion and I loved it. I'm still playing it, after having beaten it. Great game to play while on a phone conversation.

SSBU Fighters Pass 2Got this sight unseen. Does DLC count? I'm going to want them for the music anyway.

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D On my 3DS for 10 euro. Haven't played it yet, probably won't for a while, but it was a game I would certainly get sooner or later. I have a list of games I'm getting for my 3DS before the e-shop goes defunct in years to come, and this was on it.

Looks like MGS: Snake Eater was the first game I bought in the year! That's a bit over 20 games with only a few on the back-log and some 3DS games that hardly count, which just shows that the quarantine allowed me to finish a lot of games as I was getting them.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Into the Breach is excellent. FTL is better.

They're different games, but goodness is FTL just amazing. I love that game and dearly want it on Switch, though with a slightly easier way to unlock things because that poo poo can take ages.

SeANMcBAY posted:

That game sucks too so you’re not missing much. The map design sucks, AI is dogshit and worse than a 20 year old GBA game

Seriously... Wargroove isn't very good. That genre needs to be very well fine-tuned in all ways in the development of the game and they just didn't manage it. It's a nice attempt but it falls short.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D On my 3DS for 10 euro. Haven't played it yet, probably won't for a while, but it was a game I would certainly get sooner or later. I have a list of games I'm getting for my 3DS before the e-shop goes defunct in years to come, and this was on it.

my first and only experience with snake eater was this version and it's 240p and 20fps which sounds like it would be completely unplayable but the game is so loving good that i played the whole thing anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Also it has Yoshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Seriously... Wargroove isn't very good. That genre needs to be very well fine-tuned in all ways in the development of the game and they just didn't manage it. It's a nice attempt but it falls short.

Could you expand on this? The Steam reviews seemed very encouraging. Tons of people with 50+ hours into the game. I've only played a few missions and it feels to me to just be Advance Wars (with a D&D theme).