Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

does that basically just mean they got pissy and went home?? "we're not gonna work these protests if we can't rock bottom old dudes"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I don't think so because they didn't resign from the department just the swatlite they were on. Aren't all departments all hands on dick atm?

Edit: if yes awesome. That many fewer rounds being launched at peoples heads from touching distance

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

redlands? that place is... nothing

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lol this is basically “I’m still coming to work, but only on the regular team, not the special team where we learned preparatory commands vs commands of execution.”

Gets paid, cracks heads.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Edit: nm, picture not real yet

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Eason the Fifth posted:

still on the lookout for my equifax breach check

So they sent follow up communication at some point and you had to prove that you had a credit monitoring service to them otherwise your check got turned into free monitoring from them.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/mydickerson/status/1268796358724513794?s=21

A friend of mine gets to see that cop in particular on the regular in his neighborhood. He and his black girlfriend sure feel safe!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Patware posted:

does that basically just mean they got pissy and went home?? "we're not gonna work these protests if we can't rock bottom old dudes"?

Lol it’s pretty loving rich. Gonna protest a use of force by.... disbanding the brute squad?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol it’s pretty loving rich. Gonna protest a use of force by.... disbanding the brute squad?

they're protesting their co-workers being held responsible for a use of force.

i assume it's a blue flu thing, they actually think people will be begging them to come back after antifa burns down their precinct.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1269004501123428352?s=21

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

i assume it's a blue flu thing, they actually think people will be begging them to come back after antifa burns down their precinct.

This is exactly what about half of the cops (if not more) think.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

They're absolutely insane, just like the MPD. Buffalo should probably be looking at disbanding the department like the Minneapolis city council is:
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1268997128585654286

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

tfw you think antifa are fodder demons and you're out of ammo

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

They're absolutely insane, just like the MPD. Buffalo should probably be looking at disbanding the department like the Minneapolis city council is:
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1268997128585654286

That is the most pathetic bunch of whining I have seen since I last looked at trumps twitter account.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

MRC48B posted:

That is the most pathetic bunch of whining I have seen since I last looked at trumps twitter account.

They should just take that argument and run with it. Suspend without pay/fire the entire chain of command.

If it’s a failure of leadership and not the individual then punish the leadership too.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

kill me now posted:

They should just take that argument and run with it. Suspend without pay/fire the entire chain of command.

If it’s a failure of leadership and not the individual then punish the leadership too.

I have never seen a reasonable PBA president ever. All the old boomers need to die before we'll see real change in policing from within. Unfortunately we can't wait that long. Real change has to come from federal, state and local laws, and it needs to happen soon.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yar I typed it up wrong I meant being punished for an inappropriate use of force.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

facialimpediment posted:

tfw you think antifa are fodder demons and you're out of ammo

I laughed at this and feel like I shouldn't have, but still so good.

I bought some bottled water, hand sanitizer and snacks, collected some other donations from people in my building, and rode all 50 lbs of it strapped to my bike rack and in a backpack down to an area of DC where volunteers are making kits for protestors. Gonna feel pretty loving sore in a few hours but I'm glad I did it. Personally I'm feeling kind of iffy about participating in actions given the whole COVID situation and living in a building full of elderly and immunosuppressed people, but I think my wife and I are feeling the need to stand up and be counted. There's supposed to be a vigil in DC tomorrow afternoon and we're thinking about going- even though it's been peaceful in DC for the past few days, part of me wonders whether it's a good idea for us to stagger our participation so that if something happens to either of us, Lando will still be cared for. Either way, I'll have a bag packed with all the surplus medical stuff I got from my former 18D friend and plenty of water bottles in case things get froggy.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

well the hits start comin and they don't stop comin

https://twitter.com/PatrickCoffee/status/1268947229907259393

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

MRC48B posted:

The best part is its NY with the SAFE act meaning that anyones ar or ak is almost a california level of gimped compared to what you can get in most of the country but the police can basically get whatever still so...yeah. perpetually the victims

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Stravag posted:

The best part is its NY with the SAFE act meaning that anyones ar or ak is almost a california level of gimped compared to what you can get in most of the country but the police can basically get whatever still so...yeah. perpetually the victims

I have the displeasure having a few cops in my extended family and every single one of them talks about how they have their personal AR in the trunk of their patrol car in case they need it. Granted, they're in PA and GA, but I imagine it's the same everywhere.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I bought some bottled water, hand sanitizer and snacks, collected some other donations from people in my building, and rode all 50 lbs of it strapped to my bike rack and in a backpack down to an area of DC where volunteers are making kits for protestors. Gonna feel pretty loving sore in a few hours but I'm glad I did it. Personally I'm feeling kind of iffy about participating in actions given the whole COVID situation and living in a building full of elderly and immunosuppressed people, but I think my wife and I are feeling the need to stand up and be counted. There's supposed to be a vigil in DC tomorrow afternoon and we're thinking about going- even though it's been peaceful in DC for the past few days, part of me wonders whether it's a good idea for us to stagger our participation so that if something happens to either of us, Lando will still be cared for. Either way, I'll have a bag packed with all the surplus medical stuff I got from my former 18D friend and plenty of water bottles in case things get froggy.

my offer to take lando still stand-os

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Patware posted:

It's mind-blowingly bad, but one of the items left out here is that the editors saw his initial tweets and said "wow, that's pretty heavy stuff, would you want to defend this way of thinking in an op-ed?"
Maybe it was an attempt to get this racist rear end in a top hat to self own on a national platform, but when 30% of the country wants cops to use live rounds on the demonstrators, you csnnlt run that risk or give it a platform.

The defense being trotted out is that historically they've offered space to Putin and the Taliban, which while those letters have offered anti-Amerian viewpoints, they never contained full throated calls to violence against American citizens by governmental powers.

It's content farming at its worst and giving a platform to an utter shithead, racist, raging misanthropic piece of swamp scum.

It's irresponsible and naive, but its not like Cotton was instructed to write that screed. Instead, it's worse- a distillation of influencer/content wars sentiment that led to a true whopper of a bad call.

Everyone involved should lose their jobs here.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

reason number 88 i don't want to move to oregon

What are the first 14?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/HeatherCherone/status/1269004849477300225?s=19

I'm shocked

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He even licked the boot that stomped him.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Personally I'm feeling kind of iffy about participating in actions given the whole COVID situation and living in a building full of elderly and immunosuppressed people, but I think my wife and I are feeling the need to stand up and be counted.

Just a quick-reference as to why I'm *still* hopeful, since all of the non-jailing protest activities are happening outdoors:

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1253321483402674178

The protestors are being *very* good about mask wearing, but the tear gas (it would be funny if that turns out helping) and high numbers aren't helping. It has been a week since poo poo really popped off, and the accepted incubation rate is 2-14 days (6 days on average), so I'm moderately surprised there haven't been outbreaks yet.

I'd be willing to bet that if cops/soldiers/fascists were catching COVID in all this poo poo, we'd be hearing about it. They're commonly unmasked in everything I've seen. But it's still somewhat early. If you go protest, get tested in ~5 days.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I understand. I was happy to spend my nights in clouds of tear gas and turmoil in Ferguson but now I've got two little kids and elderly parents in the middle of a pandemic. So my wife and I are alternating showing up (one goes, one watches the kids) at the 100% green daytime protests for calm white people who responsibly wear masks. Not really where I want to be, but you gotta do what's right for you.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I will be in DC tomorrow. Look for me with the “and that’s how Hitler got an army” sign.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Acebuckeye13 posted:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1268353415295500289?s=19

Justin Amash and Ayanna Pressley on the same side of an issue, what an age we live in.

what the gently caress this is the craziest thing I've read in months

I was going to post this here but it's not as cool:

coloradosun posted:

Douglas County Sheriff Tony Spurlock expressed concerns about prohibiting officers from using deadly force against people fleeing a suspected felony. He referenced the hypothetical case of an active shooter heading toward a crowd of people.

Spurlock, a former president the County Sheriffs of Colorado association, said he’s open to dialogue, but he wants to pump the brakes.

“It seems to me that people want to punish the police officer of the state of Colorado for four bad cops in Minneapolis, Minnesota,” he said. “I beg you not to do that. I beg you to spend time and let’s think about what’s right for this state.”

I just can't believe the size of this chasm between Sheriff Spurlock and reality. It is literally incomprehensible.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/FujiBikes/status/1268984830353694729?s=19

Get u a Fuji Bike

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

LingcodKilla posted:

I reject that comparison. We're civilized and sportsmanlike. And actually take injured people to medical treatment.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

ded posted:

redlands? that place is... nothing

Used to live there, can confirm Redlands sucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Patware posted:

The NYT can't fail fast enough

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

i'm pretty sure the cameraman is the kid's new dad now.

https://twitter.com/umbyrella/status/1269042164614520832

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie's gassy stroll was such a good idea that literally everyone is running away from it, including the people that did it.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1269052983964246019

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Details on who the various cops are in DC:

https://www.scribd.com/document/464485257/DHS-Component

quote:

The show of force outside the White House is a task force operation that includes U.S. Secret Service, National Guard, Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Park Police, according to the internal Department of Homeland Security report, dated June 4. They aren’t the only ones in town: Border Patrol, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Transportation Security Administration, National Guard, Coast Guard, Federal Protective Service and more have been called in, says the document, which details DHS component deployments to Washington and elsewhere around the country in response to protests over the death of Floyd.

Thousands more — from at least a dozen federal agencies or divisions — have been deployed across the capital region and to cities big and small across the U.S. where peaceful protests have been held or are expected.

Elite SWAT teams from the Border Patrol and sniper-trained units from ICE have also descended upon Washington. TSA’s air marshals arrived too, and three of the agency’s “VIPR teams,” which have previously faced criticism for not coordinating well with local law enforcement. Eight Coast Guard investigators were deputized by the Department of Justice upon arrival in Washington, though it remains unclear how they are being deployed.

It's kind of wild that they have the ability to corral all the air marshals and coast guard detectives and ICE agents and everyone else into one unified white house human wall.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bruh hold me back bruh. BRUH.

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/st...ingawful.com%2F

(We've also learned Martin was on chemotherapy)

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

what the gently caress this is the craziest thing I've read in months

I was going to post this here but it's not as cool:

I just can't believe the size of this chasm between Sheriff Spurlock and reality. It is literally incomprehensible.

I lived in Douglas County for 7 years. I'm not surprised in the least by that. That might be the whitest county in Colorado, and if not, it's definitely the largest concentration of entitled poo poo heads I've ever seen.

I still think the Larimer County Sheriff is the worst in the state, but there is no shortage of contenders for that title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Surprised they haven't brought DoE - OST to the white house yet, if anyone in the executive branch is gonna be trained to be comfortable murking citizens it'd be them