Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MourningView posted:

A Twitter poll said that Bill loving Laimbeer would beat him one on one and I was extremely upset about it.

Yea that's insane unless they just assume he'd elbow him and break his sternum after the first contested rebound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

euphronius posted:

You still can !!

Ok.

"You'd think someone that good on defense would be better at stopping other guys from scoring on his girlfriend."

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
https://i.imgur.com/5S80qMO.mp4

Has sound

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

Ok.

"You'd think someone that good on defense would be better at stopping other guys from scoring on his girlfriend."

Lamo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Now ill believe it when I see it but supposedly there is a real chance for andre roberson to play in these remaining 8 games

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
MJ will donate 100 milllions to org fighting to end racism. What a lad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Metapod posted:

Now ill believe it when I see it but supposedly there is a real chance for andre roberson to play in these remaining 8 games

That would be cool.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

100 million is real money

God drat

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1269013679011500032?s=20

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zeta Acosta posted:

MJ will donate 100 milllions to org fighting to end racism. What a lad.

Guess he doesn't need Republicans to buy his shoes anymore

But seriously, thats some serious cash to donate

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

100 million is real money

God drat

But are they real orgs that do real work?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

But are they real orgs that do real work?

Lamo if it’s the gates foundation

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Alien Resurrection (1997) basketball skills.

BallisticClipboard posted:

Does anyone have the painting of The Block?

I've misplaced mine.

All the other favorite paintings from that poll:
https://imgur.com/a/Wv58X0m

Spoeank posted:

I'm shocked the guy who said the bountygate investigation was like bush lying about wmds who also loves gitmo has a skewed moral center

:lol:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

BWV posted:

Didn't we figure out a few weeks ago that Jonathan Isaac would beat Larry Bird 1on1 or was that someone else?

You know perfectly well that was Laimbeer.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

bornbytheriver posted:

I trust Silver though. If one player or a team employee tests positive at any point, he will shut it down.

Edit/disclaimer: I am not an epidemiologist, just a personal take

In all this there's one lesson that has not been fully realized because many still think we have some kind of grasp on the future.* Nobody ever does but giant cataclysmic events usually highlight this. But still not to everyone.

I remember a few months back when ~3,000 were dead in Italy. Many in the US were saying that we had better hospitals and people in China and Italy live too closely together therefore we will do much better than Italy.

Now look what happened. Well over 110,000 fatalities (conservative estimate) and still steadily climbing.

*Or the general sentiment that 2019 was awful and things could not get worse. Or Fox News acolytes mesmerized by Trump's SOTU speech featuring such insanely unprophetic lines like "The best is yet to come!" Also, how the fake and misleading economic metrics were going to look even better in 2020. Hubris, pride, arrogance et al.

bornbytheriver posted:

Florida's numbers shouldn't be trusted. The local government is just letting covid-19 run through the old people's homes, prisons, mental institutions just like any eugenicists would. One day they might even prosecute governor De Santis for dereliction of duty.

Maybe the NBA is taking a chance here on having a tournament between the lull in the boomer deaths and the second wave.

Also, all these protests are spreading the virus. Mass gatherings with people very close to each other shouting very loudly. Police getting up close and personal and zip tying/attacking people and vice versa etc.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1269016085367607297?s=21

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1269016198731255814?s=20

quote:

– A plan to play 2-to-3 exhibition games before regular season
– 1,600 maximum people on campus
– Coronavirus testing every day; minimum seven days of quarantine for a player who tests positive
– Players and family must stay inside the bubble; families can enter after the first round
– If a player contracts the virus, the NBA says they plan to continue playing
– The NBPA told players 2020-21 season starting on Dec. 1 is “unlikely” and plans to negotiate the date.
– The NBPA informed players today that NBA/NBPA will conduct coronavirus testing every night, likely mouth swabs/light nasal swabs and not the full invasive nasal swab. Minimum seven days quarantine for a player if positive.
– There could be crowd noise via NBA 2K video game sounds, but the NBA and NBPA is still discussing creative opportunities
– Players are expected to return to full paychecks this summer, after taking a 25 percent reduction in May
– There is a proposed 35-person travel party limit
– There is an expected three-hour practice window for teams, with two courts and weight rooms in the convention center

The NBPA also informed players that they will not be blood tested while in Orlando to resume the season — such as for materials that fall in the anti-drug policy.

love the free weed pass

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You know perfectly well that was Laimbeer.

Who is the worst player in the league today that would beat Larry Bird 1on1?

obviously I know Larry was unreal but just as a matter of today's superior athleticism/skill development.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fake crowd noise better not happen

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Everybody ready for ab Jokic?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Adam_Mares/status/1268985392046301184

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

lol if he got fit because he couldn't constantly go out for fastfood

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

euphronius posted:

no poo poo i wanted cool shoe squeaks and team calls

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Still some stuff to iron out I guess:

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1269020179901689856?s=20

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Mannequins with loudspeaker pendants hanging around their necks. You can rent the speaker for the game and remotely cheer/heckle.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Glumslinger posted:

lol if he got fit because he couldn't constantly go out for fastfood

Hahaha, so endearing

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Game 7 Finals: Monday, Oct. 12

Next season Training Camp Open: Tuesday, Nov. 10

29 days of offseason.

Going to be a hell of a Load Management into the start of next season.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

None of those dates will happen

Hopefully we get to see a couple weeks of games tho

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Athanatos posted:

Game 7 Finals: Monday, Oct. 12

Next season Training Camp Open: Tuesday, Nov. 10

29 days of offseason.

Going to be a hell of a Load Management into the start of next season.

The NBAPA is already saying they want to negotiate to push back the start of the next season even further, but dont want to let that prevent this one from resuming

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Glumslinger posted:

The NBAPA is already saying they want to negotiate to push back the start of the next season even further, but dont want to let that prevent this one from resuming

The issue with the back end of next season is the Olympics are in the summer.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

1600 is still a lot of people

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Athanatos posted:

The issue with the back end of next season is the Olympics are in the summer.

NBA will take the cash over what's basically a PR event

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Also I disagree with the "just plan it you can always cancel if it gets bad" argument because things like this have inertia behind them and will take a lot to cancel it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

NBA will take the cash over what's basically a PR event

It's an interesting quandary because the NBPA has been pretty firmly against owner plans of alternate summer tournaments or anything barring them from the Olympics but it would be difficult to have a later season start and have Olympic availability.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

Didn't we figure out a few weeks ago that Jonathan Isaac would beat Larry Bird 1on1 or was that someone else?

Larry Bird would be good at 1v1

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just give the ring to Lebron and try again in July 2021

This looks especially doomed

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius posted:

i propose that the ring be given to whichever of james harden and nikola jokic is more jacked. bodybuilding competitions can be safely socially distanced.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

This looks especially doomed

I'm cool with this

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Larry Bird would be good at 1v1

post up fade away is a deadly 1v1 move but I think Brad Beal beats him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kevin love would destroy Larry bird

He would be battling Nikola Mirotić for minutes on FC Barcelona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Three Cola