Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Ron... Zombie? :thunk:

mods plz change my av to ron zombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Kvlt! posted:

mods plz change my av to ron zombie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2o9GDmnesk

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

Ron... Zombie? :thunk:

Please don't use Kvlt!'s legal name on these forums ty

Edit beaten sorta

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The best gay horror movie is The Thing

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

Please don't use Kvlt!'s legal name on these forums ty

Edit beaten sorta

gimme something good n hosed up that i havent seen to watch tn

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

You've seen Angst right, that was good as hell

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Coffee And Pie posted:

The best gay horror movie is The Thing

Which

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

You've seen Angst right, that was good as hell

that's like asking basebf if he's ever seen from beyond

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I dunno maybe like Shogun's Sadism? Or like Gore Whore or Gorotic or something.

I've been looking for hosed up stuff lately too but coming up short. Help me help you

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

Back in my youth, I knew a guy who showed clips of horror movies on public access. Violent poo poo 2 starting K the Butcher Shitter was a movie he was unable to finish.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Now see, this is a suggestion we can work with, thank you

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

COOL CORN posted:

I dunno maybe like Shogun's Sadism? Or like Gore Whore or Gorotic or something.

I've been looking for hosed up stuff lately too but coming up short. Help me help you

There's a very low budget live action adaptation of the manga Mai-Chan's Daily Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXrFlwdGaKo

Also a lot of later stuff directed by Olaf Ittenbach of The Burning Moon infamy.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 6, 2020

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Back in my youth, I knew a guy who showed clips of horror movies on public access. Violent poo poo 2 starting K the Butcher Shitter was a movie he was unable to finish.

Never seen any of the Violent poo poo movies, will check this out.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Oh I still need to watch the last Guinea Pig too, I forgot.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...holy poo poo, I've actually seen something that Neo Rasa hasn't (and I'm guessing most of the thread is unfamiliar with, judging by reactions)

The Violent poo poo movies are definitely not good in any remote sense of the word but I kinda dig them just for how utterly weird they are; the fact that the main actor is only ever referred to as "K. the Butcher Shitter" is pretty much the tip of the iceberg

Also, surprisingly for German movies with "poo poo" in the name and a fixation on the word, there's no actual poo in them, they're just really dumb ultra-gory slashers pretty much

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Actually I'm kind of surprised the Violent poo poo movies are off everyone's radar here, if only because the same guy directed Zombie '90: Extreme Pestilence, which I think got a frontpage review way back in the day (and has a loving hilarious English dub)

e: not as long ago as I thought, it turns out

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ima check out this one tonight since ive already seen all the Violent poo poo movies

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3063586/?ref_=tt_pg

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Actually I'm kind of surprised the Violent poo poo movies are off everyone's radar here, if only because the same guy directed Zombie '90: Extreme Pestilence, which I think got a frontpage review way back in the day (and has a loving hilarious English dub)

e: not as long ago as I thought, it turns out

Not eeeeeveryone's radar. The Violent poo poo films were something I discovered in the 2000s due to my noted interest in trash media. I can't say I cared much for them but I appreciate that they exist

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

There's a very low budget live action adaptation of the manga Mai-Chan's Daily Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXrFlwdGaKo

Also a lot of later stuff directed by Olaf Ittenbach of The Burning Moon infamy.

where do i see the whole thing

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kvlt! posted:

where do i see the whole thing

i don't think it's on streaming anywhere, but at a glance you can grab the Blu-Ray from amazon for like $20.

i honestly can't get over the fact that that movie exists because, like, i'm actually pretty familiar with the manga it's based on. i'm familiar with it because i used to be 4chan trash as a teenager, and the sheer level of :nms: content in it (and how absurd it gets with some of it) pretty much made it a meme goldmine for people on the chan sites. there's probably still people, to this day, posting that "BABY gently caress BABY gently caress BABY gently caress IT'S AWWWW-RIGHT" panel on /a/ to shock people. it was more or less the weeb version of goatse for a minute.

so, for me, this is more or less like if one of these gore movie distributors dug up "GOATSE: THE MOVIE" and it started getting play

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ive never even heard of it gonna snag the bluray and go in blind

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Are we talking about eroguro itt

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

ive never even heard of it gonna snag the bluray and go in blind

I forget which I saw but it seems there's a 63 minute version that's definitive. I'm not familiar with the manga beyond the premise and the memes but the movie doesn't do anything close the baby pages.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Burkion posted:

Not eeeeeveryone's radar. The Violent poo poo films were something I discovered in the 2000s due to my noted interest in trash media. I can't say I cared much for them but I appreciate that they exist

Other than silent films German horror/splatter stuff is a massive blind spot for me, I need to catch up.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
My whole life is a Violent poo poo movie.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
My favorite German feel bad horror I've seen recently:

- The Golden Glove
Jörg Buttgereit films including:
- Schramm
- Nekromantic
- Der Todesking

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

COOL CORN posted:

Post your favorite LGBTQ+ horror movies itt.

Tetsuo: The Iron Man is about a deeply closeted gay man overcoming his internalized homophobia and, read that way, is ultimately a pretty uplifting story. :colbert:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Tetsuo: The Iron Man is about a deeply closeted gay man overcoming his internalized homophobia and, read that way, is ultimately a pretty uplifting story. :colbert:

I've already watched this movie like 10 times I guess I'll watch it again with that mindset

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

If you want more pride month related films, The Wild Boys is still on Shudder. It lacks a little in the spookies department, but it's so rich, and vibrant, and beautiful. It's about a group of young men, all played by women, who rape and murder their teacher. They're then taken aboard a ship as punishment, where a bear of a captain attempts to whip them into law abiding citizens. The real star is the cinematography, which is just a grandiose celebration of fantasy adventure cinema from 1900 to 1960. It's just wonderful.

Can confirm it rules, it's trans af.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

I know a few folks in the thread have been waiting for this.

https://twitter.com/Shudder/status/1268555404541386754?s=19

Just finished this and it is just excellent. Already one of my favourite horror docs.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Looks like Color out of Space'll be hitting Shudder eventually.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/shudder-streaming-rights-nicolas-cage-color-out-of-space-frank-sabatella-the-shed-1202948358/

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

If you got a library card you can watch it right now on Hoopla.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

Neo Rasa posted:

Interestingly, from your thoughts on these three movies I would strongly recommend Demons 2 and Night of the Demons 2, and Phantasm 2! Demons 2 is definitely more polished continuity and more creative with some of its effects, great soundtrack. I don't think anything in it matches the motorcycle/Fast As a Shark scene in Demons 1 but in general I prefer it to the first one. Towards the end of it there's a massive brawl/bludgeoning fight between everyone left alive in the parking garage and the demons that absolutely fuckin' rules. And also it's even more meta than the first one.

I just watched Demons 2 and it most definitely owns. Right away it fixes a flaw in the original by back Bobby Rhodes as a different character with more screen-time, and he's somehow even sweatier. I wonder what the subtext is of him dying via dick grab. They also brought back cutting to an unrelated group of people driving around town recklessly. Come to think of it, did they even make it into the main plot this time?

In the end it seemed like talk shows are the real monster, not horror movies? I don't really know what that studio with the rotating antenna and space sounds was supposed to represent. The rock music during the birth scene is so weird it had to be getting at something, right?

The kid demon was a massive ripoff of Gremlins, but ripping off Gremlins is a positive, IMO. The sound design for it was godawful though.

The main character's name is officially "George" like in 1, but a different actor and character. Also, his wife screams out "David!" when he comes in (which is his actor's name.)

https://i.imgur.com/8CwdJE5.png
https://i.imgur.com/XBUwdWM.jpg

It was a good time even if it wasn't nearly as memorable as 1. It's a rehash with a change in environment, but it makes use of its environment really well. Now to untangle the whole Demons 3 web.

Also watched Scream, Queen and it's great like you're all saying. Much heavier and more emotional than I was expecting. "My generation's gone" hit me.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Article in The Daily Beast today about Cinestate, which produced Bone Tomahawk and VFW, working with Adam Donaghey, known in the Texas film scene as “the Harvey Weinstein of Dallas.” Donaghey was publicly accused of raping a minor earlier this year, but stories of him sexually harassing women have circulated for years prior to his partnership with Cinestate.

The article also details harassment and poor treatment of crew members on several of Cinestate’s productions, including VFW, where Fred Williamson sexually harassed multiple women. Crew members on Satanic Panic were forced to work 18-hour days with no overtime, and an actress was pressured into filming a sex scene with a fan when an actor didn’t show up to set.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
A company that makes right-wing films with right-wing filmmakers is bad?? :eyepop:

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I just watched The Vast of Night, and I thought it was phenomenal. It's a great example of quiet, understated, and effective storytelling. As for the Whedonesque dialog, I didn't really think it was Whedonesque at all. There's only really one character who is a quickfire talker, but they're a radio host, so it seemed appropiate to me.

aware of dog posted:

Article in The Daily Beast today about Cinestate, which produced Bone Tomahawk and VFW, working with Adam Donaghey, known in the Texas film scene as “the Harvey Weinstein of Dallas.” Donaghey was publicly accused of raping a minor earlier this year, but stories of him sexually harassing women have circulated for years prior to his partnership with Cinestate.

The article also details harassment and poor treatment of crew members on several of Cinestate’s productions, including VFW, where Fred Williamson sexually harassed multiple women. Crew members on Satanic Panic were forced to work 18-hour days with no overtime, and an actress was pressured into filming a sex scene with a fan when an actor didn’t show up to set.

Well that's horrible :smith:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i paid $5 to rent Visceral: Between the Ropes of Madness from Unearthed's streaming channel (they own the rights) and its a festival review copy lmao "FOR FILM FESTIVALS ONLY 2013" is watermarked in the bottom left corner for the whole drat movie so far lol

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

feedmyleg posted:

A company that makes right-wing films with right-wing filmmakers is bad?? :eyepop:

FWIW that seems to pretty much just be Zahler. Joe Begos doesn't seem to be a chud as far as I'm aware (though yikes, that Williamson stuff reflects badly on him, I hope he says something and it doesn't suck), and while I don't actually know who directed Satanic Panic, it didn't come off as right-wing to me in any sense.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

did the internet term chud come from chud the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

did the internet term chud come from chud the movie

No, chuds in real life are far less appealing than the CHUDs of the movie.