Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:blastu:Linus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
this was the first time i heard his voice

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

acksplode posted:

Monster Hunter World: Back buttons mapped to left/right on d-pad for easier item switching while moving during combat.

MHW is my main game right now and I just got the attachment this week. I use it exactly the same way and it has been working great.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

owl_pellet posted:

MHW is my main game right now and I just got the attachment this week. I use it exactly the same way and it has been working great.

this alone might have just sold me on that attachment

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I have the dumb expensive Xbox controller with back paddles and I've really been enjoying using them as paddle shifters for racing games, depending on how the PS4 ones feel that might work great for GT or Project Cars.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Still no back buttons in Europe/Germany.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lmao the bluepoint game is a bloodborne remaster? or are they just helping? reading conflicting poo poo, like its a mix between bluepoint and the ones who did the dark souls remaster.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

acksplode posted:

Doom Eternal: Move jump and dodge to D-pad, map them to the back buttons, put switch weapon mod and switch grenade on X and O. Now you can aim while jumping and dodging, and only have to touch the d-pad to whip out your sword.

gently caress it, i gotta get this back button set and, forgive me, pwn ultra-nightmare.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao the bluepoint game is a bloodborne remaster? or are they just helping? reading conflicting poo poo, like its a mix between bluepoint and the ones who did the dark souls remaster.

It's all wank conjecture by the usual twitter heads

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ok if the rumors of it being a Bloodborne remaster that segues into a Demon's Souls remake then I'm totally fine with that. I'm not the target audience for the former but I'm 100% a mark for the latter.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That word "remaster" it sure is getting weaker and weaker as time goes on. I guess now it just means giving it a higher frame rate?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's literally what a remaster is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The $40 Dark Souls "remaster" was literally an intern typing set_maxResolution = 2160 in ds.ini and calling it a day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd bet actual money that even if the rumors are true the details are wrong. Demon's Souls remaster makes sense. Bloodborne does not. Using Bloodborne running better on a PS5 as well as maybe a PC port would also make sense if BB2 is in the works. But the idea of rebuilding Bloodborne from the ground up at this point in time seems so out there and stupid to me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That's literally what a remaster is.
I guess in the sense of music and stuff it's kind of similar, but for games it used to have a much bigger meaning.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

That word "remaster" it sure is getting weaker and weaker as time goes on. I guess now it just means giving it a higher frame rate?

Everything is all over the place, with some games getting supposed remasters that run worse than the original, some being low effort frame rate boosts, some having a percentage of assets remade to make the game look more modern, total remakes like SOTC, and even total reimaginings like the PS1 RE games.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If Bloodborne really gets a remaster, will it be the first time that term is used to describe re-releasing a current generation game?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
After playing it at release(and when the DLC was released) I tried replaying Bloodborne about a year ago and found the frame rate unbearable. A remaster that was solid 60(or even 30) would probably get a buy from me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I'd much rather buy a Bloodborne 60FPS 4K remaster than a Demon's remake from Bluepoint.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

If Bloodborne really gets a remaster, will it be the first time that term is used to describe re-releasing a current generation game?

It wouldn't be a current generation game if the PS5 is out. For context, TLOU Remastered was released on PS4 barely a year after it was released on PS3.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RatHat posted:

After playing it at release(and when the DLC was released) I tried replaying Bloodborne about a year ago and found the frame rate unbearable. A remaster that was solid 60(or even 30) would probably get a buy from me.

Surely this would fall under the PS5 improving performance on existing PS4 games, which Sony has promised vs. an entirely new, entirely redundant product though, right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

nope

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

The $40 Dark Souls "remaster" was literally an intern typing set_maxResolution = 2160 in ds.ini and calling it a day.

nah they tripped and hosed up the armour light maps too.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Pretty sure they also made it so ladders won’t kill you at 60fps, made Blighttown playable, and fixed the water reflections having obvious vertical seams where the sides of the screen would be if it had a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Demons souls is the best of the souls game, if the rumors are true I'll be glad to see more people being able to play such an exquisitely designed game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i have beaten bloodborne half a dozen times and find the frame pacing rather charming so a technical update doesn't really bite my banana

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i hope they fix or take out the world tendency stuff

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i hope they fix or take out the world tendency stuff

Also get rid of all the different upgrade materials and just make it a single infusion a la DS3

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

its gonna be incredibly funny when it isn't demon souls.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

i have beaten bloodborne half a dozen times and find the frame pacing rather charming so a technical update doesn't really bite my banana
Klingons find their pain stick ritual charming too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

More like enjoying trading with a Ferengi.

(now that we're on Star Trek references)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

its gonna be incredibly funny when it isn't demon souls.

"Bluepoint's Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered is coming exclusively to PS4"

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"Bluepoint's Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered is coming exclusively to PS4"

Where's my Bloodborne Switch port dammit?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BisterdDave posted:

Where's my Bloodborne Switch port dammit?
If it takes a PS5 to bring it up to 60fps, then the Switch is gonna be under 10fps most of the time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Switch can barely hit 30FPS on Dark Souls 1, a game from 1976

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

instead of demon souls, jim ryan is gonna walk on stage and announce the remake of the PAL version of the GOAT and he will hit a big red button just like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPfC0-8Ib2Q

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

RatHat posted:

I had a really hard time going back to BB after playing through Dark Souls 3 on PC. I would really love a version that ran at a solid 60.

And oddly enough, BB actually runs at a solid 30FPS the vast majority of the time. The problem with the game is that its frame pacing is a mess - rather than each frame persisting for 2 refresh cycles of a 60hz screen, some frames persist for 1 hz, some for 2 hz, and some for 3 hz, which makes it a jittery mess, despite tools indicating it's running at 30FPS.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Nothing is confirmed, but the tweet makes it sound like BB is coming to PS5 and PC as an up-res / 60FPS port, and Demon's Souls to PS5 as a full remake. If this is true, it'd make the most sense that Blue Point would be handling the Demon's Souls remake. The BB port would be a quicker, easier job.

But until the PS5 event happens, who knows?

EDIT: Now I'm reading conflicting stuff on twitter, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. I really hope we get a DeS remake, though - it sucks that the servers are offline, and I'd love to revisit that world.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 6, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gaius Marius posted:

Demons souls is the best of the souls game, if the rumors are true I'll be glad to see more people being able to play such an exquisitely designed game

Yeah not even close. Demon’s Souls was the first Souls games which means it has some really janky stuff(also some mechanics that are just bad). I hope they remove the world tendency crap in a remaster, possibly inventory weight as well.
If you’re a fan of the other souls games I definitely think it’s worth playing though. Just look up how world tendency works because yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
On the contrary, I hope they leave Character Tendency and World Tendency intact, because that poo poo was hilariously opaque, and it adds some depth for completionists. It'd be hard to cut it completely because they'd need to cut some content, as well.

I suppose they could add a mechanic like ringing the bell from Sekiro to induce world tendency, which would then unlock the various quests tied to it. The original release would occasionally do Pure White and Pure Black tendency events, which was a good way to see the content locked behind tendency without having to manipulate it in-game.

Assuming Blue Point is doing it, I doubt they'll change the mechanics. They generally try to be as true to the originals as possible in their remasters / remakes.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 6, 2020