Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: Stillness of the Wind, from the humble choice, is in it
so is the kings bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

It makes you manually populate your account with each and every game, which is a hell of a decision. I can understand not wanting to immediately bloat everyone's accounts with everything, but no button to confirm that, yes, you want it all?

Still great, though.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

John Lee posted:

It makes you manually populate your account with each and every game, which is a hell of a decision. I can understand not wanting to immediately bloat everyone's accounts with everything, but no button to confirm that, yes, you want it all?

Still great, though.

I think it's fine, I find that I'm taking the time to go through and figure out what I really want. Then can donate/buy extra copies to support the dev directly.

I do think it's a bit of a pain that you can't click the game directly to see the store page, gotta go to dev page -> game.

EDIT: Bigger titles I see in there include Cook Serve Delicious 2, King's Bird, I think Oxenfree was in the thumbnail but I haven't scrolled that far down, Bleed 1 and 2...

Artelier fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 6, 2020

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pretty sure they have raised like 40k in the last 20 minutes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

holy poo poo, that bundle has so many neat things in it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

il serpente cosmico posted:

Supposedly a Bloodborne PC/PS5 port is going to be announced at Sony's next next event. That would make me happy :unsmith:

Don't do it. Don't give me hope.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
Total annihilation commanders pack is currently free on GOG https://www.gog.com/game/total_anihilation_commander_pack

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I've never used itchio. Can I use their launcher with these games?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Wiltsghost posted:

I've never used itchio. Can I use their launcher with these games?

Yes, you just have to hit the download button on the bundle page and it will add it to your library and then you can use the launcher to manage it.(you may have to refresh your library page to get it to show up)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I simply cannot get into Cook Serve Delicious but I know the people who love it, love it -- the series is on sale on Steam right now but the dev just posted an even better deal, which is super cool:

https://twitter.com/chubigans/status/1268960487867322368?s=21

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Hub Cat posted:

Yes, you just have to hit the download button on the bundle page and it will add it to your library and then you can use the launcher to manage it.(you may have to refresh your library page to get it to show up)

easy enough, thanks

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im having fun just looking through all these completely random games as i add them to my library one by one and finding some really cool looking things i otherwise would never have tried

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Here's a better list of what all comes in the bundle. Note this is loading really slow.

https://itch.io/c/891735/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality-selections

edit: i guess it doesn't show everything, maybe just a list of the best stuff, idk

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 6, 2020

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I don't remember seeing it on this thread but Grim Dawn had a pretty beefy patch yesterday. Long story short, there are more good drops, previous drops that had only a few amount of qualities will now have more, equipment will tend to have bonuses related to their types(Like a fire weapon having plus to fire buffs) and from skimming the skills, looks like almost every single player ability got buffed. A very good time to feed the loot hunger.

Oooooh thank you for this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edmond Dantes posted:

They're playing chicken with Sega to shame them into announcing the PC releases of Yakuza 3-6.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Bloodborne being remastered for the Ps5 is such a loving funny idea after all the vague promises Sony has been making regarding backwards compatibility that for once I'll choose to believe

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

Huge indie BLM bundle from Itch, includes Night in the Woods and a ton of others. Mostly much more obscure games but still https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

OneShot is in this. Haven't played that one, thanks.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

assume all leaks are bullshit until proven otherwise

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Samuringa posted:

Bloodborne being remastered for the Ps5 is such a loving funny idea after all the vague promises Sony has been making regarding backwards compatibility that for once I'll choose to believe

It really needs a 60FPS upgrade, so I'll take it (assuming the rumor is real)

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I don't even know where to post this but the lead designer of Skull Girls is a piece of poo poo. Makes an I can't breathe "joke". So maybe avoid that game I guess.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoldIcyCrabsPunchTrees

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Samuringa posted:

I don't remember seeing it on this thread but Grim Dawn had a pretty beefy patch yesterday. Long story short, there are more good drops, previous drops that had only a few amount of qualities will now have more, equipment will tend to have bonuses related to their types(Like a fire weapon having plus to fire buffs) and from skimming the skills, looks like almost every single player ability got buffed. A very good time to feed the loot hunger.

Who knows I might like it this time.

Wiltsghost posted:

I don't even know where to post this but the lead designer of Skull Girls is a piece of poo poo. Makes an I can't breathe "joke". So maybe avoid that game I guess.

:catstare:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Edmond Dantes posted:

A lot of reputable sources have verified the Bloodborne port and even the developer behind it. They've also said Horizon Zero Dawn and this are just the start and Sony is looking to bring more games to PC moving forward. If I had to guess they're going to port older releases over time, games that are 4-5 years old and aren't selling just to make some extra cash. Purely speculation but I'm confident that the Bloodborne port is very real, especially since the first person to ever mention it said Horizon was being ported too and although they were mocked endlessly for it, they ended up being correct. Now we have more solid and verified sources corroborating the news and it seems logical that they would continue if the Horizon port was a success.

Also worth noting one source of the leaks is from a forum where admins demand proof otherwise the user gets banned permanently and whatever they showed the mods to confirm their industry position and knowledge of the matter was enough to get a pass. Add in the other sources and yeah, I think the only real question is what games Sony brings to Steam next? I could see more older titles like perhaps the Uncharted Collection (remasters of the three PS3 games) and maybe the Shadow of the Colossus Remake as well, perhaps even the remaster of The Last of Us. I would expect more games from them to hit Steam but wouldn't expect recent titles or simultaneous launches.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Wiltsghost posted:

Christ, is he involved with Indivisible also? Because it's been on my wishlist a while and I've just never gotten around to it. There's nothing I can do about already owning Skullgirls but I can sure as gently caress handle not giving those trash human any more money.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Morter posted:

Who knows I might like it this time.
Maybe head over the https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758855 Grim Dawn thread and ask for some advice so you don't gently caress up building a character, since it's a game where you can absolutely do that

Respeccing is fairly cheap at least

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
https://twitter.com/mikezsez?lang=en

The apology is pinned. *shrug*

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

:shrug: It's 2020 man, I'm not even black and I'm tired of this poo poo. You don't have to be a saint or perfect to not make light of something like that and if he really gave a poo poo he wouldn't have felt comfortable making that "joke."

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

DrNutt posted:

:shrug: It's 2020 man, I'm not even black and I'm tired of this poo poo. You don't have to be a saint or perfect to not make light of something like that and if he really gave a poo poo he wouldn't have felt comfortable making that "joke."

Check Lab Zero's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/LabZeroGames/status/1267602467933454337

They support BLM and donate to the cause. I mean, company as a whole ain't bad people. I don't think that joke means that individual is a super racist. It was a real bad decision though.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
lmao that Skullgirls could never get to EVO's big lineup and now that it finally does, just because of the COVID contingency, its creator tried to torpedo it dead.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Det_no posted:

lmao that Skullgirls could never get to EVO's big lineup and now that it finally does, just because of the COVID contingency, its creator tried to torpedo it dead.

I thought EVO was canceled. Are they really doing the online only thing then?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jamfrost posted:

Check Lab Zero's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/LabZeroGames/status/1267602467933454337

They support BLM and donate to the cause. I mean, company as a whole ain't bad people. I don't think that joke means that individual is a super racist. It was a real bad decision though.

Fair enough, but like, racism isn't just bad when it's "super racism," it's also insidious and terrible especially when it comes from would-be allies and white supporters of the movement. I won't say any more on this because it's the loving Steam thread but I will just leave it at you're not wrong, but these are choices we all have to make for ourselves and I am really not feeling this right now. Good on the whole team for supporting and donating though.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Jamfrost posted:

Yeah, it basically nuked every Japanese game from the lineup because none of them have good enough netcode. This is how the numbers-filed-off MLP fighting game is now on the stage.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Jamfrost posted:

Pretty much, with only games that have rollback netcode being relevant here. There's some more poo poo going on with that but someone else can probably fill you in better than I could since I think Mr. Wiz is a shithead and only know what I know because my friends talk about it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

Gonna let it slide because it really just seems like an incredibly stupid comment that he immediately regretted.

bigger fish in the racism pond

DrNutt posted:

Fair enough, but like, racism isn't just bad when it's "super racism," it's also insidious and terrible especially when it comes from would-be allies and white supporters of the movement. I won't say any more on this because it's the loving Steam thread but I will just leave it at you're not wrong, but these are choices we all have to make for ourselves and I am really not feeling this right now. Good on the whole team for supporting and donating though.

I get that but Mike Z's clearly aware of how insensitive it was.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

A Bystander posted:

Pretty much, with only games that have rollback netcode being relevant here. [truncated]

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, it basically nuked every Japanese game from the lineup because none of them have good enough netcode. This is how the numbers-filed-off MLP fighting game is now on the stage.

What?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/574980/Thems_Fightin_Herds/

Huh? Well, if the netcode is good, then it's good. Herd-herd-herd. H-herd's the word.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I thought MLP meant something else, I was gonna make a poo poo post about how "hurr thats the same acronym as that one cartoon" but refrained cause bronies are old hat.

W-E-L-P

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
That was close. I almost made a joke using a compound word consisting of "every" and "pony."

Instead, I will say that The Witness has some crazy interesting puzzles in it. I only had a taste, but those moments of clarity and understanding when engaging with a new mechanic that it doesn't explicitly explain to you is some kind of high. I'm sure it will demolish me later, but for now, real good stuff. It's also beautiful and vivid. Gorgeous clouds and vistas ahoy.

I really don't know about these audio logs though.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Them's Fighting Herds started life as an MLP fangame, got a C&D, programmers managed to do a successful kickstarter and get the show's creator to make some designs for them, and have been working on it since. With I think some developer drama in the middle.
As far as I'm aware there's nothing particularly bad about the game itself, except for the low character count (they're supposedly working on the 7th character) and the story mode not being complete yet.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Hogama posted:

Them's Fighting Herds started life as an MLP fangame, got a C&D, programmers managed to do a successful kickstarter and get the show's creator to make some designs for them, and have been working on it since. With I think some developer drama in the middle.
As far as I'm aware there's nothing particularly bad about the game itself, except for the low character count (they're supposedly working on the 7th character) and the story mode not being complete yet.

Yeah, it's not terrible, but that whole story is basically the most interesting thing about the game. It's wildly shallow in its current form. It's the indie equivalent of how SFV launched.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
TFH has some of the lowest damage ratios I have ever seen, just awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

TFH has some of the lowest damage ratios I have ever seen, just awful
As a non fighting game player, what does this mean?