Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Zamujasa posted:

I may be misremembering, but didn't Biden straight-up say he was going to put Rs in his administration? Like, if you assume Trump and Biden, both being senile rapists, just defer everything to their cabinet/advisors, then nothing's going to change.

He's said he's open to Republicans in his cabinet and even a Republican running mate, though when pushed he's refused to name anyone specifically. He also campaigned for a Republican in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Didn't intend that post to sound hostile, I'm just posting off the top of my head. We're in agreement.

:cheers:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Centrist Committee posted:

no one can credibly claim to know what will happen a month from now, much less in 2024

oh no I absolutely know that a Biden win leads to a demagogue republican in 2024

get ready for Tucker Carlson 2024 motherfuckers

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Somfin posted:

They already are lol

Trump got more votes in his meaningless non-primary in Texas than the entire Dem primary combined but there's fuckers in the election thread hooting and hollering about it going blue this time, apparently absolute turnout doesn't matter for poo poo

*swirls glass, takes a deep sniff, and sips*

Hrrm, yes. Who would have known that with only 4 years of aging, the 2016 vintage would be so refined?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Organ Fiend posted:

*swirls glass, takes a deep sniff, and sips*

Hrrm, yes. Who would have known that with only 4 years of aging, the 2016 vintage would be so refined?

The amazing thing is, I would have been right there with them less than a year ago, choking down neckfuls of hindbrain cognitive dissonance and threading that needle between "yeah it's fine to vote for Joe" and "yeah the Dems are bad and actually not better than Republicans even though they say nicer things."

The crack and ping are real yo.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Wicked Them Beats posted:

He's said he's open to Republicans in his cabinet and even a Republican running mate, though when pushed he's refused to name anyone specifically. He also campaigned for a Republican in 2018.

I knew it was something like that but I couldn't remember.

Is it even likely that a Biden prez would be better in the short term? Trump surrounds himself with incompetent shitheads and the internal squabbling generally keeps anything from really happening beyond rage tweets.

But Biden could conceivably be directed to add a bunch of actual competent Rs who would be awful and effective.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

if we're talking short term poo poo, I think it's more likely biden will start a loving war than trump

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
so, i sent in my primary ballot last week and i did not vote for joe

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Araenna posted:

so, i sent in my primary ballot last week and i did not vote for joe

You right now

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Tunicate posted:

if we're talking short term poo poo, I think it's more likely biden will start a loving war than trump

considering Trump nearly started a war this year and then didn't because he got bored and forgot, I think you're bang on about that

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

biden would probably hand putin his greatest geopolitical victory of the decade by spitefully defunding the ukraine war in retaliation for their daring to indict him over the burisma stuff

the press would probably find a way to blame this on trump somehow

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wicked Them Beats posted:

lol "hey Bernie, tell your former supporters to stop advocating for change. What we really need right now is unpaid labor."

Oh I missed this part, here's the real kicker:

quote:

Jessica Rogers Ecker is an attorney in New York City, and a former clerk for a United States Court of Appeals judge and a United States District Court judge.

Tom Rogers is an editor-at-large for Newsweek, the founder of CNBC and a CNBC contributor. He also established MSNBC, is the former CEO of TiVo, currently executive chairman of Engine Media, and is former senior counsel to a congressional committee.

The ex-CEO of TiVo needs you to get on your knees and defend the legitimacy of his hoarded wealth while you and all your friends starve and get shot in the streets.

Jesus christ go gently caress yourself

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 10:39 on Jun 6, 2020

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/alllocalpolitic/status/1268809672116416512?p=v

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The kid would later go on to be shot in the head with a brand new state of the art "less-lethal" electroshok round peacefully protesting for the 9th straight year of Black Lives Matter, giving him permanent brain damage and destroying his dreams of ever running for public office.

The funding for those special bullets was provided by the Biden Administration.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

They’re not sending their best, you know.

dex_sda posted:

Biden on the other hand probably has a list of countries he wants to invade first

Nah that's just a list of female staffers and small children.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

the_steve posted:

Well one tangibly helps people, and the other is pointless and performative bullshit designed to remind one's lessers of their lower status.

Guess which ones liberals prefer.

The mind of a lib is a mysterious wonderland. I posted about a dozen links from 1986 Congressional floor votes, Biden stump speeches from 77 and stuff and got probed for no-content trolling, but since I'd posted in here about not being intimidated by the weird anonymous quasi (it feels weird to use the word for this - even preceded by quasi) bullying, I didn't get a Trump avi.

So if anyone is actually upset about that nonsense, just say you want one. Of course, given how closely they're reading this thread, and their weird, extremely literal reverse psychology, maybe you'll get two, since you only said you didn't want one to not get one and that won't fool them and rape is good, actually, but only if the woman is a lying whore who only has her word and multiple corroborations from decades ago against the word of the guy you were told to like by MSNBC, and its all a Russian plot to undermine your allyship.

It's nice actually, I'd been a good long while, years, before my first probe, and I got it by honestly not representing myself well on a dicey topic. The second one though? Just some bullshit from a guy with enough juice to give it who doesn't think my opinion is legitimate cause I also shared it in here first, so if that's all a rap sheet is, then man that's a load off.

Content: I managed not to cast a ballot for Joseph, Robinette (the most blue collar middle name I've ever heard of, a true Son of Scranton, lots of French influence, lots of German influence out our way) Biden in any election, in any state in our grand union, during the spat.

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Jun 6, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

tbh I'd rather Trump wins, not because I think it'll maybe be better in the long run but because I think it literally does not matter who is behind the wheel of this burning pile of poo poo, it's breaking down regardless, and I think really rubbing the holdout libs' noses it in will radicalize a few more than if sleepy Joe squeaked into office.

Maybe I'm being naive but I don't think these protests are stopping anytime soon regardless of how much tear gas is deployed or how loud the #8cantwait cop collaborators are. The ruling class will not defund their cops, they will not provide UBI, M4A, or a jobs guarantee, and even if they smash Joe through nothing's going to change. Jobs aren't coming back, police aren't going to stop killing black kids, nothing's going to get any better for anyone, and for most people things will continue to get worse, and the protests will continue until we get some real change or we're all dead because junta generalissimo Tom Cotton has MOAB'd every major metropolitan.

but that's if Trump doesn't cancel the elections and the white house hasn't been burnt down lmao

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

tbh I'd rather Trump wins, not because I think it'll maybe be better in the long run but because I think it literally does not matter who is behind the wheel of this burning pile of poo poo, it's breaking down regardless, and I think really rubbing the holdout libs' noses it in will radicalize a few more than if sleepy Joe squeaked into office.

Maybe I'm being naive but I don't think these protests are stopping anytime soon regardless of how much tear gas is deployed or how loud the #8cantwait cop collaborators are. The ruling class will not defund their cops, they will not provide UBI, M4A, or a jobs guarantee, and even if they smash Joe through nothing's going to change. Jobs aren't coming back, police aren't going to stop killing black kids, nothing's going to get any better for anyone, and for most people things will continue to get worse, and the protests will continue until we get some real change or we're all dead because junta generalissimo Tom Cotton has MOAB'd every major metropolitan.

but that's if Trump doesn't cancel the elections and the white house hasn't been burnt down lmao

libs want to hide the brutality like obama did for them, they absolutely don't want it to stop, they just want it to look like it did

trump forces them to at least look like they're fighting, and sometimes occasionally hit the right target

they don't like that, they want quiet oppression, as does every worthless rear end in a top hat who casts a vote to say that rape is fine if joe biden did it

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

very rarely do i get to feel anywhere close to as cool as my avatar is

PipHelix posted:

The mind of a lib is a mysterious wonderland. I posted about a dozen links from 1986 Congressional floor votes, Biden stump speeches from 77 and stuff and got probed for no-content trolling, but since I'd posted in here about not being intimidated by the weird anonymous quasi (it feels weird to use the word for this - even preceded by quasi) bullying, I didn't get a Trump avi.

So if anyone is actually upset about that nonsense, just say you want one. Of course, given how closely they're reading this thread, and their weird, extremely literal reverse psychology, maybe you'll get two, since you only said you didn't want one to not get one and that won't fool them and rape is good, actually, but only if the woman is a lying whore who only has her word and multiple corroborations from decades ago against the word of the guy you were told to like by MSNBC, and its all a Russian plot to undermine your allyship.

It's nice actually, I'd been a good long while, years, before my first probe, and I got it by honestly not representing myself well on a dicey topic. The second one though? Just some bullshit from a guy with enough juice to give it who doesn't think my opinion is legitimate cause I also shared it in here first, so if that's all a rap sheet is, then man that's a load off.

Content: I managed not to cast a ballot for Joseph, Robinette (the most blue collar middle name I've ever heard of, a true Son of Scranton, lots of French influence, lots of German influence out our way) Biden in any election, in any state in our grand union, during the spat.
not sure how i have avoided getting probed, or and avatar or red text in general. definitely no clue how i didn't from the old GE thread. then again, bullies always seem to realize idgaf about that stuff.

on topic: i have decided that the latest compromise of "just shoot them in the legs" is just not enough to make me vote for biden

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

PipHelix posted:

Omg dude just stop posting in dnd what is wrong with you. Cspam is all you need brother.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Alright, do I have to do something to keep my tags when I update my avatar?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tysonbrody/status/1269277475521073154

https://twitter.com/billylieurance/status/1236465034420772865

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

wait hang on a bunch of republican primary voters were just handed democratic ballots

hhow
aughhhhhh

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

V. Illych L. posted:

wait hang on a bunch of republican primary voters were just handed democratic ballots

hhow
aughhhhhh

they tried to rig iowa with a blackbox app made by the dnc using a woman who invented black men on twitter as a catspaw

this is really relatively pedestrian

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey remember when joe biden said he'd continue trump's (and by extension, obama's) foreign policy in syria? how is that going, anyways?

https://twitter.com/joshua_landis/status/1269350072283738113

oh. uh. uhhhh. lmao gently caress

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

hey remember when joe biden said he'd continue trump's (and by extension, obama's) foreign policy in syria? how is that going, anyways?

ok but whats the ratio of syrian pounds to dinar

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

Tbf mass death in the middle east is good, actually, if you're part of the obama/biden set

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So glad the dem presidential candidate was chosen by republicans again.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Elephanthead posted:

So glad the dem presidential candidate was chosen by republicans again.

I think I'm gonna vote for Howie, even if his police reform stuff is extremely weak. It's not like he's gonna be president anyway!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sooo gop chose the dem candidate, lmfao

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Can I still toxx

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Chuka Umana posted:

Can I still toxx

Why would you ever "toxx". This is a dying forum irrelevant to the world, no one cares.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Why would you ever "toxx". This is a dying forum irrelevant to the world, no one cares.

for fun you nerd

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuka Umana posted:

Can I still toxx

you literally just posted in the Toxx thread. you are already toxxed

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, considering Joe is going to win, I realize now I'm invested in his failing.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
I have not yet even begun to no joe

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I will not vote for Joe Biden today

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Thoguh posted:

I will not vote for Joe Biden today

Same

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Fame Douglas posted:

Wait, considering Joe is going to win, I realize now I'm invested in his failing.

The toxx isn't for who wins, it's for whether you, personally, vote for Joe Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jewel Repetition posted:

The toxx isn't for who wins, it's for whether you, personally, vote for Joe Biden

You also cannot advocate for Joe Biden. Even statements like "joe is bad but..." I mean, you would not be doing that anyway because you are not an apologist for a ra_ist.