Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Zereth posted:

Speaking of the game being unclear

Sometimes enemies have red blobs or fancy things stuck to them

what does this... do, besides add another weak point?

they''re powered up and deal a bit more damage but have a massive glaring weakpoint. there's a different version of it that shows up in harder difficulties that give enemies with it special moves like projectile attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Those mobs have darker falspawn infections: they've got more HP, hit harder, are a little more aggressive, and have slightly boosted drops. The bigger and fancier the infection is the stronger the buffs are. One of the two NPCs next to Jan and has client orders to kill mobs with them, while the other one has them for killing things by hitting their weak points.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CYBEReris posted:

they''re powered up and deal a bit more damage but have a massive glaring weakpoint. there's a different version of it that shows up in harder difficulties that give enemies with it special moves like projectile attacks
Oh is that why enemies are spitting glowing balls at me at random regardless of enemy type

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Alright, so Bouncer. Seems really neat from what I've tried so far, liking both the boots and blades. What kind of mag do I want for this thing in the long run? I've heard some people say go Tec mag so it's still useful once Phantom drops, but aren't soaring blades S-atk based? Kinda hoping I can get away with using both weapon types.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I thought someone in the thread said that you get the rainbow jet boots from the event lady by the cake, but none of her client quests look like they reward anything but XP and cash.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Annath posted:

I thought someone in the thread said that you get the rainbow jet boots from the event lady by the cake, but none of her client quests look like they reward anything but XP and cash.

You want her "Forest Fire Crisis!?" client order, which has you kill a Nept Cassadora and a Leomaduraad (both are usually in Floating Facility, but they show up during the "Gone With the Wind and Rain" urgent quest as well.) I think you have to do a few of her previous client orders first before it shows up.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Annath posted:

It's a quest chain basically. The hard parts are the Wind and Rain urgent quest and killing a few Frog Rappies.

For Bouncer, you can either build Dex or S-Atk. S-Atk is generally I think considered more optimal because you will have Hunter sub, but it's really up to if you want flexibility for the other Dex Mag hybrids.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Tried doing a gunner clip , youtube's compression does not like the clusterfuck of particle effects and poo poo everywhere. Currently just spamming the hell of out chronolapse as my general problem solver while still pretty sloppy on perfect attacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ED6IJixss4

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

mango sentinel posted:

It's a quest chain basically. The hard parts are the Wind and Rain urgent quest and killing a few Frog Rappies.

For Bouncer, you can either build Dex or S-Atk. S-Atk is generally I think considered more optimal because you will have Hunter sub, but it's really up to if you want flexibility for the other Dex Mag hybrids.

For the Frog Rappy items you can just send out your Auxiliary to search for them.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Hypocrisy posted:

For the Frog Rappy items you can just send out your Auxiliary to search for them.

I am new and don't know what that means.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

mango sentinel posted:

I am new and don't know what that means.

It's one of the ARKs Missions, but head to the salon and make a micro-person. That (or the Coffee CO) will give you a room item that you can plonk down and assign to your Aux. You can then give them a weapon and units (with no stat restrictions) and send them out to do Collection COs.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Reinstalling did the trick. And jet boots are freaking amazing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is there a trick to using Cosmos Breaker? I keep seeing places recommend it as a great launcher PA, but it completely disables your weapons from the moment you fire to a good 3s after the explosion disappears, and it doesn't appear you can cancel out of that at all.

Other question: does starting a roll in the JA window and then doing a roll shot make that shot a JA, or do you lose the JA if you roll?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

but it completely disables your weapons from the moment you fire to a good 3s after the explosion disappears, and it doesn't appear you can cancel out of that at all.

Other question: does starting a roll in the JA window and then doing a roll shot make that shot a JA, or do you lose the JA if you roll?

Just dive roll once the orb is out. Dive Roll Shoot has its own JA window to link to PAs afterwards.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah, only reason I thought to ask is because I've heard using Hunter sub is inferior to Phantom whenever that happens, but I'll probably end up buying some spare mags anyway so I'll go with S-Atk for now. Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Just dive roll once the orb is out.

I could have sworn I tried and didn't get it to work, but I just did it again and it worked fine. :doh:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Dive Roll Shoot has its own JA window to link to PAs afterwards.

No, I'm asking if the Dive Roll Shoot attack itself can count as a JA if you roll during the previous attack's JA window, not if you can JA following a Dive Roll Shoot. Playing around with it a little bit myself it seems like no, since there doesn't appear to be any circumstance in which Dive Roll Shoot gets the white flash effect from Just Attacking.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Should I be doing the Arks Quests? I'm level 28 now and I've been doing Urgent Missions, Main Missions, expeditions, and just going through the quests as directed by Afin and the suggest orange globe thing. I just looked at the Arks Missions list and there's a poo poo ton much lower level than me since I hadn't done them for unlocks.

I'm honestly not sure "What" I should be doing.

Also, is there like a best accepted way to use xp boosts? Should i wait to use it before I turn in quests for max xp or use it out in the field killing poo poo?

Morbleu fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 6, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

No, I'm asking if the Dive Roll Shoot attack itself can count as a JA if you roll during the previous attack's JA window, not if you can JA following a Dive Roll Shoot. Playing around with it a little bit myself it seems like no, since there doesn't appear to be any circumstance in which Dive Roll Shoot gets the white flash effect from Just Attacking.

Oh sorry, yeah I don't think so. DRS damage is kinda so low that it won't make a difference, I guess.

Nigulus Rex posted:

Should I be doing the Arks Quests? I'm level 28 now and I've been doing Urgent Missions, Main Missions, expeditions, and just going through the quests as directed by Afin and the suggest orange globe thing. I just looked at the Arks Missions list and there's a poo poo ton much lower level than me since I hadn't done them for unlocks.

I'm honestly not sure "What" I should be doing.

Also, is there like a best accepted way to use xp boosts? Should i wait to use it before I turn in quests for max xp or use it out in the field killing poo poo?

I'd only do ARKs Quests if they're a daily or for a CO honestly. You used to have to do them to unlock a zone's free explore but, well. EXP Boosters only affect kill and Emergency Trial EXP, not stuff from COs. Best used in AQs when you get to those and UQs.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I have many questions but I think the biggest ones are :

1) Is there a way to force the game to pre-cache poo poo so it doesn't seize up when loading new players into the world?

2) Is there some kind of guild system in the game and if so is there a goon guild?

3) I've seen in videos where people can strafe left/right and backpedal so they can fight while still facing an enemy but I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, when I move left/right/back it changes the direction my character is facing and I hate that. How do I fix

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

1) no
2) yeah check the discord, then #na_gateship
3) Go into TPS mode with Z or R3, but you won't be able to lock on

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

They might have been locked onto the enemy ('Q' by default)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

brand engager posted:

They might have been locked onto the enemy ('Q' by default)

Or that yeah

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I did not know about TPS. Also I kiiiiiinda hosed up. I made 3 characters on one server without realizing that the character limit is global, because I also did not realize one character can change to any class. So now I gotta wait 24 hours for one of my characters to delete. This system is kind of clunky as hell.

Oh well, live and learn.

I played a hunter and a ranger and I don't mind the normal movement system for my hunter, but I would prefer TPS and no lock-on for the ranger all the way. Also would have preferred to get a Partisan weapon from the very start as a hunter but nooooo, gotta use the weird wired fist weapons. Now I gotta figure out how to get a photon art to equip with the partisan I had to probably overpay for. Wheeeeeee

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

khy posted:

I did not know about TPS. Also I kiiiiiinda hosed up. I made 3 characters on one server without realizing that the character limit is global, because I also did not realize one character can change to any class. So now I gotta wait 24 hours for one of my characters to delete. This system is kind of clunky as hell.

Oh well, live and learn.

I played a hunter and a ranger and I don't mind the normal movement system for my hunter, but I would prefer TPS and no lock-on for the ranger all the way. Also would have preferred to get a Partisan weapon from the very start as a hunter but nooooo, gotta use the weird wired fist weapons. Now I gotta figure out how to get a photon art to equip with the partisan I had to probably overpay for. Wheeeeeee

DONT DELETE YOUR CHARACTER

It deletes the slot that character is occupying as well.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Only if you have more than three characters. It only deletes slots you paid for lmao

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

cathead posted:

Are you sure about this? I just tested and if I charge up say, Grants a few times to get the focus bar to full, I see the light particle effect just fine until the bar runs out (or I Jetsweep to dump it all immediately), then it goes away. Does the element still persist even after the particle effect is gone?

Also read a post on the pso2 reddit (which I can't readily find at the moment unfortunately) while I was originally trying to figure out why I was losing element randomly that said we didn't have that change yet for whatever reason, so that further supported my conclusion.

At any rate this game is kinda bad at indicating how stuff works sometimes so I'd appreciate more insight.

Yeah, I just tried it now and it kept my element after jetsweep kick. You don't get any of the elemental effects on your kicks at 0 gear, but that's normal. Once you build your gear back up you'll still have the last element you had before using the kick.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Dabir posted:

Only if you have more than three characters. It only deletes slots you paid for lmao

Thankfully I didn't pay for any slots and refuse to until I have a solid foundation and understanding of the game. Then maybe I'll spend some $$$. Also holy poo poo what kind of bug is that, paying for an extra slot then deleting the character in that slot deletes the extra slot?

khy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 6, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So how do I add Tec Pow/Def? Is it just through leveling or am I supposed to be affixing that to things as a Bouncer to equip better weapons?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dabir posted:

:staredog: are you loving kidding me?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
kind of a dumb question, but are Skill Points earned and spent per class, or is it a pool for a single character split across all classes? tried googling it but i can't phrase it right to find the info

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Million Ghosts posted:

kind of a dumb question, but are Skill Points earned and spent per class, or is it a pool for a single character split across all classes? tried googling it but i can't phrase it right to find the info
Per class.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
awesome, thank you! i kind of figured given how the class system works, but was putting off spending points until i knew 100%

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So let me just make sure I'm not doing something wrong - after I do these expeditions, I can watch all the story cutscenes that happen in that setting back to back to bad like someone stitched together the YouTube "movie version" of a game?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dabir posted:

:wtc:

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Aside from the points for levelling up, each class gets a quest from their class trainer at 30 and another at 45, each of which gives a free 5 extra skill points.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

So let me just make sure I'm not doing something wrong - after I do these expeditions, I can watch all the story cutscenes that happen in that setting back to back to bad like someone stitched together the YouTube "movie version" of a game?

Correct. They're only blocked off by expeditions (and the actual quests in the story of course)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Saagonsa posted:

Correct. They're only blocked off by expeditions (and the actual quests in the story of course)

This game is fascinating in many ways, and one of those ways it is fascinating is how fascinatingly stupid it is in how it handles story. So far nothing makes any sense and it also has the same problem as the YouTube "movie version" of a game where you go from one cutscene to the next without understanding why or what's going on.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

This game is fascinating in many ways, and one of those ways it is fascinating is how fascinatingly stupid it is in how it handles story. So far nothing makes any sense and it also has the same problem as the YouTube "movie version" of a game where you go from one cutscene to the next without understanding why or what's going on.
To my understanding that is almost literally what the story stuff is. It used to be more organic and you'd do it by actually finding these people at wherever the cutscene is.

It was just also super grindy and sucked.

It at least gets a bit more coherent later in Ep 1, and I've done a couple of actual full missions in it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah a lot of early ep1 is just people going "Hi this exists. Bye!" so it can be very hard to follow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

late episode one spoilers i guess but i'm really confused where i was teleported to some falzspawn city with the green hair elf girl who needs a haircut. she starts talking about apparently clones of the npcs running around but that had literally never come up beforehand in any of the cutscenes before. as far as i can tell, they never bring it up again but i'm at the tournament part.