Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

In this thread I wish to speak about little pleasures of life. Life is fuckining awful right now, thus this even more important.

For instance, I always felt it wise to tap into experinces of previous generations. For instance notorious lovers of joy, the French, why not stop by at the little cafe in Nice, on your way home from the old post office for a slice of smelly french cheese and a glass of wine (mind you, not exquisite but your normal everyday wine). This feels nice, nothing extraordinary but its good. Consider how she awaits you or if you are alone, consider what might have been.

For Americans it is a cup of moonshine overlooking a sun setting over a swamp while you lazily strum your banjo with trusty Winchester Trapper beside you.

Pls post your little pleasures (no masturbation, we all know this one) that you like, that other goons might adopt to improve their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
joke's on you, i was hateful and bitter long before the current clusterfuck began.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I enjoy a good rimming

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy jerked meats

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
This could have worked if OP wasnt a wanker

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm making clotted cream.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
HEY! Masturbation is not a "little" pleasure for me.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm making clotted cream.

no masturbation in this thread!

E: also, you all suck. this was a goonservice thread :D

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 6, 2020

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well to hell with you if you're gonna laugh at me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Joie de mort(ie)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Weka posted:

HEY! Masturbation is not a "little" pleasure for me.

When the French called it little death they weren't just talking about the size of your schlong

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

gleebster posted:

Well to hell with you if you're gonna laugh at me.

Honestly, sorry if American version offended you, but its also pleasing image

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 6, 2020

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I was paraphrasing (misquoting) a movie.

Cool Hand Luke
Apr 12, 2011
Weird, your description of an American's 'joie de vivre' brought up a french person actually doing it lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm an American so the only joy in life is the hunt for Bigfoot (or Sasquatch if you're fancy) and the knowledge that we will eventually capture him and force him to teach us his secrets.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm an American so the only joy in life is the hunt for Bigfoot (or Sasquatch if you're fancy) and the knowledge that we will eventually capture him and force him to teach us his secrets.

There you are! GBS has missed you and your threads.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I'm ackshually having a crisis rn cause I have to plan a relaxing vacation for myself and I have no idea what I want to do.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

Where does a sasquatch in captivity get kept? Would the public be able to see him or

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

One may put a squatch in a cage, but you’ll never capture his heart.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Oh, I have lots of these. They are what keep me from freaking out on all you guys all the time.

- the first cut into an 4x8' sheet of plywood
- making my own tool to finish a task
- smoking mad weedz
- my cat running at me full bore only to get 2' away and just ragdoll to the ground in anticipation of me giving her belly scratches.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Nastyman posted:

I'm ackshually having a crisis rn cause I have to plan a relaxing vacation for myself and I have no idea what I want to do.

I'm like this every vacation. I actually ended up having two take two weeks holiday in December last year because there's only so much you can carry over to another year. I wasn't even doing it intentionally, taking time off just rarely enters my head because meh. Depression is a bitch.

For content: walking into a room you'd forgotten you had cleaned recently is like a nice little hug.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A good cigar and a decent meal, and a good walk with the dogs. Postin, I guess. I'm 111 days totes sober as of this morning (like in a row) so I take my kicks how I can and much more easily these days.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
When you take the kind of poo poo where you don't have to put in any effort, it just slides right on out.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The lamentation of my enemies' women ruins my two favorite joies. It really bums me out. Shut the gently caress up!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nastyman posted:

Same. My birthday is in one week -- any other year, I'd have plane tickets & a hotel room with a through-the-roof beer budget, but alas. Last year, I had all three of those things but it turned out my passport was too old for me to travel overseas so I lost like $2k. My reaction? "Well, more time to save for next year!" :cry:

I actually thought about ordering like 10 green tea ice creams from my favorite Japanese place to celebrate, but I can't tell whether or not that would be more depressing than not doing anything. At least this isn't a milestone birthday, although I am excited to finally be in my MID 30's (33). :unsmith:

edit: oh poo poo this is a joie de vivre thread. Ummmmm I've actually gotten back into MUDing. :corsair:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 10, 2020

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I like screaming gently caress really loud

and playing with my action figures!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

That first chug of beer after spending hours riding a bike in the hot sun. It's the best beer in the world. Right then and there life is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Ooooo. Post exercise ones rock. My fave is after a long run just walking in to my house immediately removing all of my clothes and taking an icy cold shower. It's like heaven.