Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Chocolate + mint is a gross combination.
Chocolate + fruit, also gross.

Chocolate is good with peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, peanut butter, or espresso.

Yes -- ugly.

it's only good with nuts or salt imo. i dont get why people think chocolate pairs with fruit flavors, it's a horrible combination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Shibawanko posted:

it's only good with nuts or salt imo. i dont get why people think chocolate pairs with fruit flavors, it's a horrible combination

I don't either!

One time someone gave me a chocolate-covered strawberry, and I wanted to eat the strawberry, so I picked the chocolate off of it but there was chocolate stuck in the seed pits and I nearly threw up when I bit into it. My logic was faulty, I'll admit that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
yeah and one time i ate taco bell and shat for a week and don't get me started on mayonnaise

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Just because tastes are completely subjective is no reason to post lies about the delicious chocolate-raspberry combination.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

yeah and one time i ate taco bell and shat for a week and don't get me started on mayonnaise

I like mayonnaise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

docbeard posted:

It has rocks and trees. So yes.

So exercise is not something you have much first hand familiarity with.

edit: or parks, for that matter. What parks are you going to that have a variety of sizes of rocks? The rocks I've seen in parks are typically gravel. Maybe some decorative boulders. You can't just got to a park and be like, OK, where are the 20 pound rocks?

Gripweed has a new favorite as of 15:37 on Jun 4, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I remember being a kid and being disgusted by the idea of a Fruit & Nut Dairy Milk but nowadays it'd probably be my first choice

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

Your local public park has free weights and a squat rack?

My old city has fitness trails with outdoor Smith machines. They're great to walk past hungover

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
there's no good reason for smith machines to exist, and they just take up space in decent gyms that could be occupied by more squat racks

also i really loving miss my gym

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

there's no good reason for smith machines to exist, and they just take up space in decent gyms that could be occupied by more squat racks

The only gyms near me have like 12 smith machines and 2 squat racks, if they have any at all. Nobody uses the drat Smith machines so there’s always a huge wait for the squat rack. It’s obnoxious.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah but you can't really leave free weights lying around a park

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Piss Meridian posted:

Yeah but you can't really leave free weights lying around a park

how do you weight the smith machine without plates though?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I like textured walls and ceilings

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

how do you weight the smith machine without plates though?

They're captive in the machine and you use a rod to select the weight you want. You'd have to go at it with a wrench to get them out

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Piss Meridian posted:

They're captive in the machine and you use a rod to select the weight you want. You'd have to go at it with a wrench to get them out

I don't think we're talking about the same sort of machine. What you're describing is how most weight machines work and they are loving fine for what they do.

A Smith machine is pretty much a squat rack with a barbell locked into the sides of it. It's "good" in that you can't crush yourself with it, but it locks everyone using it into a single range of movement which is extremely bad. And you'll never actually be working with weights that'd crush you unless you are a huge pro lifter anyway. You can easily, safely fail out of pretty much any lift in a squat rack with a free barbell and some plates. You can lift more in a smith machine maybe but it'll gently caress up your body, physically not aesthetically. It's good for accessory lifts but you really shouldn't do big lifts on it.

That's a Smith machine

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

docbeard posted:

It has rocks and trees. So yes.

Look at this caveman.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm obviously just being silly and unironically parks having more/better workout equipment would be good.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's a scrap iron outdoor gym in the Ukraine where every thing is hand made and the weights and bars are chained to the racks or benches.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A Smith machine is pretty much a squat rack with a barbell locked into the sides of it. It's "good" in that you can't crush yourself with it,

You'd think that but stupid finds a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYnUUErz0Yk

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Chocolate + mint is a gross combination.
Chocolate + fruit, also gross.

Chocolate is good with peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, peanut butter, or espresso.

:emptyquote:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chocolate and liquorice is the best combo, not that that's an unpopular opinion.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

Kristoff's song from Frozen 2 is better than Let it Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8jNbZIsBQU

There are plenty of songs in Frozen that are better than Let it Go, and I don't just mean after hearing Let it Go for the millionth time and getting sick of it.

The very first time I watched Frozen I thought that "For the First time in Forever" was the better song, and I still do.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Moana’s soundtrack is better than that of any other Disney/Pixar movie by a lot.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I liked the Worst Episode Ever podcast, and I thought the weird gimmick characters that they created during episodes were funny.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The worst Simpsons episode is miles better than the best Futurama episode

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Family Guy is funny and has always been better than any of those other shows

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

JollyBoyJohn posted:

How many Simpsons episodes have you seen, and how many Futurama episodes have you seen?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pick posted:

I like textured walls and ceilings

For some reason, this post (and this whole loving thread) reminded me of this Michell & Webb skit.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

YeahTubaMike posted:

How many Simpsons episodes have you seen, and how many Futurama episodes have you seen?

Simpsons - Almost every episode up till 2004 or so

Futurama - All the episodes before they brought it back

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

camaraderie shouldn't be spelled like that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Simpsons - Almost every episode up till 2004 or so

Futurama - All the episodes before they brought it back

Then you haven’t seen the worst Simpsons episodes. I saw one from 2014 and it was easily one of the worst TV episodes I’ve ever seen (the episode of Allen Gregory I hatewatched was worse... but it was a near thing).

It was the Lena Dunham one, so it was this trifecta of over the top cameos (literally the entire main cast of girls), being a terrible “Homer and marge split up” episode, and an “it was all a dream” ending. It was painfully bad.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Intellectual property law is not merely a flawed system but intrinsically bad. There would be literally no negative consequences to getting rid of it entirely, except to large media corporations - and making things worse for them would be good for society in general and particularly for artists/writers/creators of all kinds. The idea that copyright protects an individual's ability to control and profit from their own work is propaganda. It doesn't and it was never designed to.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Then you haven’t seen the worst Simpsons episodes. I saw one from 2014 and it was easily one of the worst TV episodes I’ve ever seen (the episode of Allen Gregory I hatewatched was worse... but it was a near thing).

It was the Lena Dunham one, so it was this trifecta of over the top cameos (literally the entire main cast of girls), being a terrible “Homer and marge split up” episode, and an “it was all a dream” ending. It was painfully bad.

There was also an episode in which Moe's bar washrag becomes sentient and tells the audience a story, which I haven't seen but it seems almost universally

I watched every episode of Allen Gregory because it was a tire fire I couldn't look away from.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

Family Guy is funny and has always been better than any of those other shows
American Dad is funnier than all three.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Say what you will about Family Guy, it often has the weirdest jokes on broadcast TV

https://twitter.com/TGOFV_Pod/status/1269511138322067456?s=20

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Say what you will about Family Guy, it often has the weirdest jokes on broadcast TV

https://twitter.com/TGOFV_Pod/status/1269511138322067456?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLYzMzNofyU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

This is my favorite joke in the show.

That and when Brian meets the owner of where he was born. Guys is like “I see a lot of dogs, refresh my memory” and Brian says “I was the one who could talk” and the guys like BRIAN!

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Rolo posted:

This is my favorite joke in the show.

That and when Brian meets the owner of where he was born. Guys is like “I see a lot of dogs, refresh my memory” and Brian says “I was the one who could talk” and the guys like BRIAN!

I like the joke where Brian is going on Bill Maher's show (something to do with being a smug rear end in a top hat) and he got mad about the candy bowl because he had told them to get rid of the gray ones. It was a good one-line joke, nobody drew attention to it, and the scene moved on. It was very un-Family Guy, and I think that's why I like it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Home Movies was a better show than any of those.

(You can tell this is an unpopular opinion because its ratings suuuuuuuuucked.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

docbeard posted:

Home Movies was a better show than any of those.

(You can tell this is an unpopular opinion because its ratings suuuuuuuuucked.)

Did they? Shame.