Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

(Look at the shadow)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

What about it?

Edit: nevermind now I see it.

The sign isn't in the shadow, its shopped in.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
^^^^ edit: there’s no shadow for the sign, someone photoshopped her to be holding a sign that she didn’t have.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

(Look at the shadow)
Tag yourself, I’m the Girls Gone Wild t-shirt in the back.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BrigadierSensible posted:

So, let's assume that one is a gay trans man, but cannot afford the expensive medical process to transition. If you listen to this bloke, all you have to do is gently caress a lot of other men, and their essence, energy and life force, until you become just like those men. I am understanding him right yes?

Also, what is it with African transphobes/homophobes/misogynists like this fellow that makes them weirdly specifically focused on the nitty gritty of the sex act when they are are articulating their homophobia/transphobia? Most western bigots get as far as "gays are icky, and I don't understand women", but then leave it at that. But the weirdo fundies in Africa get into describing the sex acts in detail. I am thinking specifically of that Ghanaian(?) pastor whose sermon abou "the penis does not belong ion the buttocks" or something similar went viral a while back.

Oh, trust me there are plenty of Western bigots who get way into just how gross and icky sex between men, and occasionally women, is. Part of mainstream acceptance of gays was that kind of discourse got marginalized among homophobes, but it used to be common enough. There's one particularly infamous comic that got passed around the internet with Chick tracts and the like which was basically one man's meltdown over sexual fetishes. Fun to remember that in the age of president :pisstape:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

StillFullyTerrible posted:

it was just the Philly branch that put this out, and other branches have put out much better and less pathetic ones

i'm not gonna post them here tho, since they're not idiots

The philly subchapter buxmont dsa put out a much better statement. But we're not an independent chapter and I know I pay philly dues that they get a cut of? I don't know how it works because I don't go to meetings. After this I probably should.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

TinTower posted:

Not sure if this got posted last week in the churn, but…

Gove is such a slimy gently caress he probably did this deliberately to get back in the news

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BrigadierSensible posted:

So, let's assume that one is a gay trans man, but cannot afford the expensive medical process to transition. If you listen to this bloke, all you have to do is gently caress a lot of other men, and their essence, energy and life force, until you become just like those men. I am understanding him right yes?

Also, what is it with African transphobes/homophobes/misogynists like this fellow that makes them weirdly specifically focused on the nitty gritty of the sex act when they are are articulating their homophobia/transphobia? Most western bigots get as far as "gays are icky, and I don't understand women", but then leave it at that. But the weirdo fundies in Africa get into describing the sex acts in detail. I am thinking specifically of that Ghanaian(?) pastor whose sermon abou "the penis does not belong ion the buttocks" or something similar went viral a while back.

Generally greater repression in sexual expression including amongst heterosexual couples, sexual education more woeful than even ours (either nonexistent, religiously focused, underfunded, or badly informed), a lack of societal awareness regarding sexual subcultures and kink, and due to how often homosexuality is criminalized and ostracized to a much greater degree than even here, they have no need to blunt their rhetoric in order to avoid public outcry or resistance to outrageous statements. Fundamentalism is obvious.
Homophobes in the US do probably have many of the same thoughts, but it's less socially acceptable to state those bluntly, instead they'll have incredibly roundabout tactics like tacitly accusing gay men of being more likely to be pedophiles or some other horseshit.

It's harder to say the more frank and absurd stuff when LGBTQ people are far more out in the open here and as such people can obviously observe them as being totally normal human beings that cover a wide gamut of personalities. There are also potential social consequences such as losing your job for saying outright bizarre and bigoted statements. Not even three decades ago it was common to see gay men constantly portrayed as being sexual predators or perpetually lounging around shady, drug ridden BDSM clubs in film, not even getting started on AIDS which homophobes used to paint them as disease ridden which is a massive, incredibly challenging issue in many African nations and regions right now, especially in more rural and poverty stricken areas, making discrimination easier for people who need a convenient scapegoat. This is only scratching the surface though as a lot of regional religions (of which there are countless) have their own strictures and rules regarding sexuality and like a lot of oldschool Catholicism or Mormon poo poo it can extend to specific sex acts or practices so they'll incorporate those into their screeds. Then you have to factor in that a lot of areas are heavily influenced by Abrahamic religions due to colonization, but a lot of the social and spiritual attitudes of religious practices and traditions from before Christian or Islamic conversion will meld together with that and create hyperspecific expressions of sexual attitudes and taboos. Some cultures are somewhat open to transgender people (but often only in culturally specific incarnations which often come with their own difficulties) and various sexualities and gender expressions outside of the binary.

When LGBTQ people are so incredibly marginalized it's easier to turn them into weird demons doing crazy sex stuff and say so publicly since there are no voices to speak up against it, but it's not necessarily a 1:1 analogue to historical oppression here, in fact it's tremendously different as a rule. Most of the easy comparisons are from areas with high Muslim or Christian populations, for obvious reasons.

There is a lot of depressingly varied aspects of the myriad kinds of sexual repression and oppression in many regions in Africa but also a lot of cool and sometimes more open contrasts - depending on where you're looking at. I'd recommend picking up some easy to get into books like Hungochani or African Sexualities: A Reader if you want to know more.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is this that One Angry Gamer list you guys were talking about earlier? British metal pioneers Black Sabbath are traitors to America on it.

https://twitter.com/blackmetalbrews/status/1268725437573840897?s=21

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Looks like the GameExplain people opened fire on that angry game list as well. Not a huge fan of their content, but their response is short and to the point.

https://twitter.com/GameXplain/status/1268955927870205954?s=19

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Poland’s supposedly a western country but you have plenty of public talk about men’s distended assholes. It’s all about how much you can get away with

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Bigotry abounds all over the world, film at eleven.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Question Mark Mound posted:

^^^^ edit: there’s no shadow for the sign, someone photoshopped her to be holding a sign that she didn’t have.

Tag yourself, I’m the Girls Gone Wild t-shirt in the back.

I'm the also-probably-photoshopped mask.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/harmonylion1/status/1219291414653104130?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Click through, you are not ready for where this goes.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

OwlFancier posted:

Not as bad as I was expecting, but somehow also worse.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I agree that I was not ready.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bad or not you weren't expecting where it ended up though, right?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

goblin week posted:

I agree that I was not ready.

yeah what the absolute gently caress

the harry potter reference is just the icing on the cake

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm the also-probably-photoshopped mask.

Yup! I guess its a twofer.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

OwlFancier posted:

https://twitter.com/clefabledude/status/1269124474319888384?s=19

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MaraWilson/status/1269165305726513153

Mara's not the idiot.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Dienes posted:

Yup! I guess its a twofer.

It's me, I'm the idiot on social media.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When I was a kid I thought I invented doing #1 and #2 at the same time and considered selling that idea as a time saver and making millions.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/oneangrygamerhd/status/1269233543932268544?s=21

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
dont usually read The Philly Inquirer but they ran a scorching hot take

Buildings one. Tom cotton’s is from nyt

Ambitious Spider has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Jun 6, 2020

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Push El Burrito posted:

When I was a kid I thought I invented doing #1 and #2 at the same time and considered selling that idea as a time saver and making millions.

i invented the green acres theme

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ambitious Spider posted:

dont usually read The Philly Inquirer but they ran a scorching hot take

The top one is from the NY Times.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Henchman of Santa posted:

notably it's the opinion piece that led to every single NYT employee that's not Bari Weiss calling out the editor for claiming he didn't read the extremely controversial article that he approved and published

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Yeah I'm gonna have to reread Lenin and cry because wow is that capitalist_realism.txt

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I reject his notion of non-violent protest on the grounds that reading that caused me physical harm.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

OAG seems to be realizing his list is getting mocked by everyone and is switching to the classic "this is a bit lol" angle in a pathetic attempt to save face.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yea the article I read had the pic stuck together. Bottom one is from Philadelphia

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

d3lness posted:

Looks like the GameExplain people opened fire on that angry game list as well. Not a huge fan of their content, but their response is short and to the point.

https://twitter.com/GameXplain/status/1268955927870205954?s=19

https://twitter.com/OneAngryGamerHD/status/1269233543932268544?s=20

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I heard BOFA is located in the remote country of Sugon and are currently researching ways to weaponize Ligma

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I heard BOFA is located in the remote country of Sugon and are currently researching ways to weaponize Ligma

i thought they figured it out with the Fromunda strain a while back?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
LOL

https://twitter.com/PortlandPolice/status/1269178665855627264

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

At least it's low sodium.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i was in one of the infamous 'how can you not let us tailgate next to the stadium any more' riots at michigan state back in the 90's and probably the scariest thing i saw was people winging full beer cans at paramedics off of 3rd story balconies. that poo poo can do some serious damage

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i hear whiteclaws are about the same diameter as rubber bullets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Are antifa using beans to gain immense strength and power like Popeye gets from spinach? Our findings may shock you, only on KOPS News 69