Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Flint_Paper posted:

I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on some very unfriendly London concrete. It made my brain bounce back and forth, and the olfactory nerve either went "ping" like a maiden aunt's gusset in an Ealing comedy, or the olfactory bulb went to buggery.

Either way, I've not been able to smell anything for about six years now. My sense of taste is suuuuper basic. Sweet/sour/salt/savoury/bitter. Like, I can tell the difference between a burger and a pizza, but a whole lot of the joy of food and drink has gone. Plus I've accidentally drank a *load* of off milk. Which is gross as hell.

No idea if it'll ever come back! I'm terrified of gas leaks! I was once in the basement of a pub, waiting for my time on stage, and I was the last person to realise that the pub was on fire! It's not the best!

That sounds awful.
And your first paragraph is intensely British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winty
Sep 22, 2007

A favorite from the master himself, my man James Thurber:

Caption: Well, I'm disenchanted too. We're all disenchanted.

A masterpiece of the form, if you ask me.

Winty has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Jun 6, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Something Awful:

Winty posted:

We're all disenchanted.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! > Post your favourite comic: We're all disenchanted.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
But then people might think this thread is about the utterly mediocre Matt Groening show of the same name.

Ewww.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That show is actually good.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boba Pearl posted:

That show is actually good.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
It's somewhere on the good side of mediocre anyway.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wow, another what if real life was like an RPG comic! How cool!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't think cartoons are what I think of when I think "Real Life"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cartoons are more realistic.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Re-watched Ghost World today, and got reminded of this gem.
:nws:
https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmreqCY9t1rhjbado1_1280.jpg

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ah yes, Louis XVI, famous for abdicating six years after his death.

Motherfucker if you're going to do a history nerd comic, do a quick check on Wikipedia

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Flint_Paper posted:

Like a dog getting the filling out of a Creme Egg. My immune system is robust.

thank-you for this. First time I've laughed out loud in weeks.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Phlegmish posted:

Ah yes, Louis XVI, famous for abdicating six years after his death.

Motherfucker if you're going to do a history nerd comic, do a quick check on Wikipedia

And how exactly did he die?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

Not in 1799? :confused:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Like, the Thermidorean reaction was 5 years old in 1799. The high mark of republicanism until the July days had come and gone. loving Napoleon was beginning his autocratic take over in 1799.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
What part of alternate history is so hard to grok?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

trapped mouse posted:

Louis XVII got his head chopped off. His dad died of being loving old.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Comic: * an alternate history where people didn't die and all problems were resolved amicably, presented as satire *

Goon: "wait this isn't how it happened!?"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Louis XVII got his head chopped off. His dad died of being loving old.

No, no louis the seventeenth did not get his head chopped off. Louis the seventeenth died as a child. Louis the sixteenth really was the one who got his head chopped off.

e: What's more is that neither Louis XV or Louis XIV were the father of their successors; they were the grandfather and great-grandfather respectively.

Arrhythmia has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Jun 6, 2020

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The true irony that no one knows is that Louis was just about to sign a thing to make things better. If only those peasants had been patient. After all, that always works.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Big relate to this one

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Solid riff.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Wait, a jar of live,angry wasps is JUST WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Johnny Aztec posted:

Wait, a jar of live,angry wasps is JUST WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW

and a whole lot of metal cigar tubes

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What's Jar of Angry Wasps' policy on police brutality? I have been disappointed by moderate candidates before.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
They're pretty buzzed about it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

By popular demand posted:

What's Jar of Angry Wasps' policy on police brutality? I have been disappointed by moderate candidates before.

Either way, I feel you are biased in this matter.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You sting me! Am I just a drone being led around by a queen bee?!

Something something be my honey.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The jar of angry wasps is testing through the roof with conservatives

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

By popular demand posted:

I hear the jar of angry wasps would like to be thrown at a line of police.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I don't know how they would be, they're both colours that conservatives hate. Black and Yellow.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"Well, in that case, since this matter concerns you and it would be unreasonable of me to expect for you to act impartial, I require an audience with the next higher instance. Please get your boss already, it was obvious what I meant. No need to be obtuse about the wording."

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Well if they intended "I want to speak to your manager" that's what they should have said :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1269323225894445059