Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I got to do a big queer hangout with some folk after being out and about on the lines today. Everybody laughed about how the cops tried to destroy my whole dick and balls and a comrade got to show off her baller new scars. Jesus I missed being around fellows, even if we all stayed 6ft apart and there was no hugging lol

That sounds rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

An Old Somali woman was talking and she said "You know what we did to the white man when they came to Somalia? We ate them'

loving Metal

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

There are no protests where I live

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I went yesterday. Today I’m calling state and federal representatives, and my governor to plead with them to do something. Will also be calling the mayor to tell her to resign. In addition to everything else she gassed the gayborhood on the first day of pride. Will keep this up next week

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

TTBF posted:

I went yesterday. Today I’m calling state and federal representatives, and my governor to plead with them to do something. Will also be calling the mayor to tell her to resign. In addition to everything else she gassed the gayborhood on the first day of pride. Will keep this up next week

tear gas only makes homos more powerful in The Holy Month

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I might drop in and see what's poppin if there's anything going down after the GCW show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

there's a game in here called be gay do crimes

https://twitter.com/ateliermatangi/status/1269069706486407168?s=19

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

tear gas only makes homos more powerful in The Holy Month

It's ridiculous that the police think that teargas can stonewall these riots.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It's ridiculous that the police think that teargas can stonewall these riots.

"Pepper spray?? In June? Fool! This is a Sex Drug now"

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Hello everyone, my phone broke and then I had a nervous breakdown but I am back

Today I went to a protest in Boystown, Chicago’s gay neighborhood

So, it would seem, did half of Chicago

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I wanted to go, but I'm not emotionally ready for crowds right now (especially after I got second-hand exposure when I tried to look at condos a couple of weeks ago).

So happy with the size of the crowd.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
US Supreme Court just ruled that it's illegal for employers to discriminate against LGBT people :toot:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rarity posted:

US Supreme Court just ruled that it's illegal for employers to discriminate against LGBT people :toot:

Its great, and everyone should celebrate that but the reality is still pretty grim. That ruling does not protect workers from getting terminated at will. Meaning a shop boss/HR/owner can walk onto the floor, point at 3 random people tell they're fired and its totally legal. Most states allow for this kind of termination process while gutting their social safety nets.

All that ruling says is the employer can't state "I'm firing you because you're too queer" when they shitcan you. Even if you get access to a pro bono lawyer trying to fight back when they do say like that is an uphill enough battle most people just leave it and move on.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah capitalism still very bad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, capitalism is bad. The American form of it is especially evil.

This still sounds like an incredible thing to celebrate and I'm happy for it and for the wrestlegoons who lives it improves. (And everyone else whos lives it improves but they're not wrestlegoons so they come in second to y'all)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Yes, there's still a lot to fix and to fight for but to get a 6-3 result was amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Every little bit helps. Every bit of joy is cumulative.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pretty much. I'm celebrating it, as we all should, but it ain't perfect

I ain't crediting the Dems one bit for it either because we could have gotten this a decade earlier when they had the House, Senate, and President if they hadn't still refused to pass ENDA to help us

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Gorsuch joining the majority makes me laugh

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The social conservatives melting down on twitter has been so worth it.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Gorsuch joining the majority makes me laugh
I think that's the single most noteworthy part of this. A clear Trump appointee ruled with the majority, and I thought I saw something about Kavanaugh's dissent where he agreed with the idea of clearly defining protection for LGBTQ rights but felt it was better to achieve the same goal through Congress passing a new law rather than the Court interpreting existing law in a new way. His objection was the method of doing this, not to the idea of doing it at all.

Don't quote me on that last bit about Kavanaugh, though.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 15, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A friend in discord earlier put it as "Gorsuch wrote an opinion applying Scalia as who he presented himself as. Alito wrote a dissent applying Scalia as he actually is"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

As if in celebration, I got my Effy "PROHOMO" shirt today (and my pink TJPW shirt)...

Now if only I had a place to wear it...

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

How are you cats doing at being queer out there in ~THESE UNCERTAIN TIMES~? You won't catch me at a bar or restaurant any time soon, but I have a date Friday and if a smooch is there I'm gonna do the smooch. Feels like the right block of time to find a partner for the inevitable Quarantine 2 during which I will catch up on the New Japan tournament.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 17, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've found that since opening up and talking about my bisexuality with my partner that I uhhhhh really want to test those waters. I mean I'm pretty much a homebody - I work from home, I don't drink so I don't ever go out to bars or clubs or anything, and I have no real way of actually meeting and hooking up with someone but ever since I kind of spoke everything out into the universe it's been this smack in the face of "well no poo poo you're attracted to men, you idiot".

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Man life is hard right now, and I've been crying a lot, but I haven't wanted a drink at all.

So I'm challenging myself to be sober this month. Then maybe we'll see if I can do another month.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

I've found that since opening up and talking about my bisexuality with my partner that I uhhhhh really want to test those waters. I mean I'm pretty much a homebody - I work from home, I don't drink so I don't ever go out to bars or clubs or anything, and I have no real way of actually meeting and hooking up with someone but ever since I kind of spoke everything out into the universe it's been this smack in the face of "well no poo poo you're attracted to men, you idiot".

Internet dating. Just be sure to be honest in your profile and that you and your partner have LOTS of communication.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Man life is hard right now, and I've been crying a lot, but I haven't wanted a drink at all.

So I'm challenging myself to be sober this month. Then maybe we'll see if I can do another month.

I love you and I hope the rest of June, July, and 2020 is kinder and better to you because you deserve it

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I love you and I hope the rest of June, July, and 2020 is kinder and better to you because you deserve it

August is my birthday and if I can be sober for that, I know I've done it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Internet dating. Just be sure to be honest in your profile and that you and your partner have LOTS of communication.

Definitely a topic my partner and I would need to chat about. We've talked about being open to having a non-straight open relationship but haven't really talked about what the rules are to get there – i.e., if it's just something that should happen naturally if we meet someone or if it's something we can actively look for. We'll get to that topic, though – it's all still very early in this aspect of our relationship so we're still figuring out what we're each comfortable with. It's nice having a partner who is so open to this stuff, though her also being bi probably helps a bit too.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

ARMBAR A COP posted:

August is my birthday and if I can be sober for that, I know I've done it.

Hell yeah, solidarity!

I'm not ready for sobriety yet, but I'm working towards it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I haven't been drinking that much since this started, mostly because I rarely drink at home and obviously I haven't been going to bars and drinking until 3+ am. I was ready to start slowing down anyway, this has just given me the excuse. Thankfully legal cannabis is there when I'm feeling anxious, half a gummy helps take the edge off with everything going on.

Beyond that I miss my friends... I want to see them but I also want to stay safe. Part of me is thinking that if I keep working from home I can probably hang out with them every other weekend as long as I isolate the other 13 days but I'm still scared.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Seeing how much I’m saving by not going it ever weekend is very eye opening.

Also Ganso it’s gonna be a confusing and occasionally awkward road but communication will be the most important part going forward and it’s great you have a partner who is open to hearing you.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

weekly font posted:

Seeing how much I’m saving by not going it ever weekend is very eye opening.

Very true. Plus, that means I have more money to donate to BLM causes!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

weekly font posted:

Also Ganso it’s gonna be a confusing and occasionally awkward road but communication will be the most important part going forward and it’s great you have a partner who is open to hearing you.

For sure on both fronts! I know I'm in a pretty lucky spot to be with someone so open to talking about this stuff and exploring it together. The more I think about this whole situation and everything that comes with it, the more I realize how fortunate I am to have found someone like her :allears:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm glad your partner's cool with it and hope this works out for ya'.

Chris James 2 posted:

:yeah:

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I’ve been having king of similar issue, I guess. I’m a bi guy in a relationship with a woman.
We’re in our twenties, we live together, and we’ve had sex three times in the last four months.

I think she’s semi-asexual or sex-repulsed. She has a lot of trauma from bad past partners and doctors who treated her awfully. It’s something I have a lot of sympathy for, but also... I have a partner who just doesn’t want to have sex with me. We don’t even deep kiss anymore, it makes her uncomfortable.

I’ve talked to her about an open relationship, or an open relationship where I only have sex with guys; and she hates the idea.

She is in therapy and she’s working on the issue but I don’t have a lot of faith it’ll get better, and even if it does, it could be years.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I did the whole open relationship stuff in my 20s. It didn’t really work out for me. I mean yeah I got to nut on random people(some of whom I never bothered learning their names) but I also got to nut on random people. I got older and realized I need to be a better at husbanding and dadding before I go out and graze. And now I don’t bother beyond supporting my fave sex workers(which honestly I should have been doing all the time).

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I’ve been having king of similar issue, I guess. I’m a bi guy in a relationship with a woman.
We’re in our twenties, we live together, and we’ve had sex three times in the last four months.

I think she’s semi-asexual or sex-repulsed. She has a lot of trauma from bad past partners and doctors who treated her awfully. It’s something I have a lot of sympathy for, but also... I have a partner who just doesn’t want to have sex with me. We don’t even deep kiss anymore, it makes her uncomfortable.

I’ve talked to her about an open relationship, or an open relationship where I only have sex with guys; and she hates the idea.

She is in therapy and she’s working on the issue but I don’t have a lot of faith it’ll get better, and even if it does, it could be years.
Woof. That's a bad situation. And the more you want to have sex, even if you don't say anything, the more pressure she'll feel, which is a boner killer for anybody.

I've been on both ends of that sitch and they both suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I had a partner who struggled with me being like that to an extent, but refused to open the relationship to find someone else, or to break up entirely. It ended weirdly, and now he's married and having a baby elsewhere, so :v:

Sorry if that doesn't help, but I wanted to give you props for trying to find a solution instead of, well...not.