Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MRC48B posted:

I think most of the people in that photo have come to the conclusion they would rather die from the 'rona than put up with this poo poo any longer.

The nurses too.

https://twitter.com/NAChristakis/status/1269331878617776129?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

our local soundtrack for 2020

https://twitter.com/markkrueg/status/1269073081231740928

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There’s a park near me next to some high voltage lines so you just hear an omnipresent crackling noise. It owns

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1269342223126204416?s=21

Maybe Freckles is bad at crowds.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Poor old freckles, thought of traffic lights and died.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
A timeline of all the fencing bunker boy has put up to keep out those people.

https://i.imgur.com/D2Cm07Z.mp4

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

those cops were loving cavalry charging innocent people

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Fallom posted:

“If we wanted to be held back by your family we would’ve issued you one” was said.

These people are sociopaths. They can not be trusted. Actively search for a new job.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

voting matters

COUNTY COMMISSION: Phelps County R-III school board election results in 12-way tie

https://www.phelpscountyfocus.com/news/article_ab4e7e2e-a76b-11ea-9297-8716d6f46d20.html

quote:

The June 2 election for the Phelps County R-III School District’s board of directors resulted in a 12-way tie to fill one of its open seats.

County Clerk Pamela K. Grow reported to the commission Thursday that three of the board’s seats were up for election June 2. The two declared candidates, Misty M. Wilson House and Misti Brookshire Wilson, each claimed a seat. With no other declared candidates on the ballot, the board’s third open seat was left open for write-in votes.

Official results released by Grow on Friday detail 12 people each received one write-in vote. They are Kevin Melton, Tom Robinson, Mark McFarland, Sally Dake, Sam Newman, Lisa Striklin, Sondra Edgar, Rebecca Varney, Richard Kemper, Tina Wilson, Jerry McBride and Brent Black. The official results state there were also four unresolved write-in votes for the seat.

Grow said Thursday the matter will be referred to Phelps County R-III’s board to determine how to break the tie.

In other Edgar Springs area election news, there were also no declared candidates for either the north or south ward seats on the city’s board of alderman.

The official results state Rick Brewer won the south ward seat with nine write-in votes. Sam Newman received four write-in votes in the race, Becky Varney’s two as well as Tom Robinson and Ted Brookshire with one each.

Richard Lewis won the Edgar Spring’s north ward seat with two write-in votes. He defeated Kevin Melton and Ron Clift, who each received one vote, as did a “Mr. Lewis.” There was also one unresolved write-in vote in the north ward race.

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What do you call a duumvirate for 12

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Milo and POTUS posted:

Six Democrats and six Republicans.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Fallom posted:

“If we wanted to be held back by your family we would’ve issued you one”

loving hell I hope you slapped whoever said that moronic bullshit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

The Aristocrats!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
They told my mom that poo poo. I remember my first team as an E5 and I had a soldier be an hour late to actual movement from Vegas to Reno, holding up a very overloaded and slow bus.

While doing the counseling, she broke down crying was late because get two year old was breaking down that her mom was leaving for a long time.

I ended up relating my experience with that. I told her she would be the only person that would be able to say if she was gonna be able to go through with this poo poo.

She ended up volunteering for replacement and last I knew doing well outside the army.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 6, 2020

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Fallom posted:

The office is talking more and more about bringing me back inside full time. “If we wanted to be held back by your family we would’ve issued you one” was said. gently caress that, I’m dragging my feet as long as possible so I don’t bring something back to my neutropenic wife.

My wife is making us move across the country at the end of June (for some decent reasons related to family to be fair). Since we are all work from home I'm taking that week off and not telling my company. I plan on logging in that next Monday, telling the company I'm wfh as long as they want to keep me, but I live 2000 miles away from the office now and won't be coming back in. gently caress bosses.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hekk posted:

It's actually 38mm. All the PO PO less than lethal launchers are made 2mm smaller so you can't put M203 or MK19 rounds in them. The only reason I know this is because I knew a dude when I recruited in Cleveland that sold this poo poo to Police departments.

Thinking about some war profiteering selling a few 79mm tear gas mortars to some police with unlabeled rounds

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve got terminal starting in October. At this point I just need to kick off the job search in earnest.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Eej posted:

Thinking about some war profiteering selling a few 79mm tear gas mortars to some police with unlabeled rounds

Or maybe some 104mm shells for 'direct' crowd removal.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

PookBear posted:

No, the horse lost it and its rider couldn't control it.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Hekk posted:

It's actually 38mm. All the PO PO less than lethal launchers are made 2mm smaller so you can't put M203 or MK19 rounds in them. The only reason I know this is because I knew a dude when I recruited in Cleveland that sold this poo poo to Police departments.

I thought Mk19 rounds are high pressure so doing so would be catastrophic, but if you actually replaced the barrel on a 38mm launcher wouldn't you be able to do use M203 rounds? I thought M203s had riot control rounds.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PookBear posted:

The horse clearly spooked. My money would be on the rider, look at his posture, he had no control of the horse and did not have the proper reaction to regain control.

edit: later in the twitter thread:
https://twitter.com/DavidC516/status/1269322210906423296

The horses are actually trained for this pretty extensively during bomb proofing.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 6, 2020

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

PookBear posted:

Yeah. Welcome to the resistance, British traffic light. gently caress that the filth.

Edit

joat mon posted:

Fine. Edited.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Twelve people calls for a battle royale. It’s in the constitution somewhere I’m sure

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

joat mon posted:

I think Pook was referring to the video of like 10+ mounted police charging through the streets

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
lol I showed the clip of horse-cop to my dad and he cackled like a madman. "That's like some cowboy movie poo poo!" :haw:

I doubt he's even seriously injured though, his helmet prob saved his rear end

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

gently caress.

There is no way that dude survived putting this much damage on a stoplight, from the back, with his face.

Looks like all the horseback hogs are wearing 3/4 helmets with face masks. I'm sure it hurt like hell and he might need some new teeth to go with his concussion and several months of rehabbing, but he'll probably live.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lol I showed the clip of horse-cop to my dad and he cackled like a madman. "That's like some cowboy movie poo poo!" :haw:

I doubt he's even seriously injured though, his helmet prob saved his rear end

Speaking from experience though falling backward off a horse from a canter will definitely daze you. That was even on dirt for me.

Hitting the pole first though I guess means all bets are off because he probably fell with more energy? As long as it was clear ground its probably just a concussion.

edit: lol autocorrect going canter->cantor

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hobbesmaster posted:

Speaking from experience though falling backward off a horse from a canter will definitely daze you.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea he'll for sure be hosed up, probably broke some bones too, but not like, instant-death like people were saying at first.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yes, you identified the problem!

(I was like 12 too)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Horses are the dumbest loving animals.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Humans are currently giving them a run for their money though.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

E: wrong thread

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Horses oscillate from surprisingly clever to the base prey response of "OH GOD A PREDATOR RUN AWAY AT MAX SPEED" which its a bit of a problem when they're trying to do that in their stall and are startled by something that happens every day.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

A Bad Poster posted:

Is it in gip that someone had a "horse thought of ants and died" story?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

hobbesmaster posted:

Horses oscillate from surprisingly clever to the base prey response of "OH GOD A PREDATOR RUN AWAY AT MAX SPEED" which its a bit of a problem when they're trying to do that in their stall and are startled by something that happens every day.

this is why police horses are trained to feel comfortable with crowd and city noises.

i have heard that they still freak out from offal and predator urine though. also they can be as calm and well-trained as they like, but marbles spread on the street will still gently caress them up.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

New angle, impact at :25. They were absolutely charging the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWm60hEgRU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

shame on an IGA posted:

New angle, impact at :25. They were absolutely charging the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWm60hEgRU

silly england you have bows france had the horses

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Doc Hawkins posted:

this is why police horses are trained to feel comfortable with crowd and city noises.

i have heard that they still freak out from offal and predator urine though. also they can be as calm and well-trained as they like, but marbles spread on the street will still gently caress them up.

brb throwing big cat piss at pony cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Naramyth posted:

silly england you have bows france had the horses

Just trying to make up for the charge of the Light Brigade.