Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

There's some fights tonight, most of them are at Bantamweight or Featherweight, one of them is for a belt.

We're still using the 25 foot wide cage (regular one is 30) so expect to see a little bit more action than usual.

If you're reading this, the event has started.

Rogan, Cormier and Anik doing commentary.

Brut fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Here for the Lioness

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

I feel like Nunes is in trouble tonight

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

these fights look bad, and i am here for them. let us go, bad fights.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Oh poo poo I actually just realized Herbert Burns is younger than Gilbert, I thought he was actually an older and less good brother (in the style of Antonina Shevchenko), anyway he's got the first fight of the night and he should be getting in the cage in about 15-20 minutes.

Aye Doc posted:

Nah, tonight's gonna own. Though the main and co-main are gonna end in quick and predictable ways.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
I think Nunes has her work cut out for her but I just don't see Spencer walking away with a decision. Impressive against Cyborg but the thing that stood out to me was her resilience, not necessarily that she took it to Cyborg (elbow not withstanding). If Nunes' conditioning is on point I think she wins in 5.

Sandhagen Aljo is a cointoss. I like Sandhagen because of how he sounded on Helwani. Awful reason but he just has some cold-blooded quality that seems to work well for elite fighters.

Will be curious to see if Gabrandt can return to old form. I doubt it?

O'Malley is the only KO I anticipate tonight (on the main - don't know enough about the under).

Also shoutout to Enumclaw, WA native Chase Hooper. Love to see the skinny bastards represent

Aye Doc posted:

Sandhagen Aljo will either be the best or worst fight of the night. Can easily see it becoming a chess match in which very few strikes are thrown, very few risks taken.

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 6, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

rest his guts posted:

If Nunes' conditioning is on point I think she wins in 5.

Rounds or minutes? I'm thinking minutes.

rest his guts posted:

Also shoutout to Enumclaw, WA native Chase Hooper. Love to see the skinny bastards represent

Hell yeah, still the youngest dude on the roster as far as I know, should be fun.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Brut posted:

Rounds or minutes? I'm thinking minutes.

Hell yeah, still the youngest dude on the roster as far as I know, should be fun.

I might be overestimating Spencer's toughness (and underestimating the Lioness' ferocity) but I was thinking it could go all five rounds.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

rest his guts posted:

I might be overestimating Spencer's toughness (and underestimating the Lioness' ferocity) but I was thinking it could go all five rounds.

Nunes is gonna kill her.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I picked Nunes by late submission for these reasons:

1) Spencer is tough.
2) Spencer doesn't seem to rush forward onto punches.
3) She's not in the same class as Nunes.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Chichevache posted:

Nunes is gonna kill her.

I think Nunes wins regardless, but her last fight was a little shaky by her standards and she's already proven she's the greatest which is why I could see Spencer holding on for a unanimous decision loss. But I'm dumb so who knows

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I know the name but other than that I have no recollection of Spencer or any of her fights.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
Go little Burns, I suppose!

holy poo poo lmao

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Yikes dunham

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
huh, turns out being almost 40 and on a 2 year layoff is not a great base for MMA

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I know the name but other than that I have no recollection of Spencer or any of her fights.

I mean she has a win over Meagan Anderson and held her own against Cyborg. FW is a pretty thin division

lol Rogan.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

rest his guts posted:

I mean she has a win over Meagan Anderson and held her own against Cyborg. FW is a pretty thin division

That's basically the sum total of her credentials though, 6 Invicta fights and 3 UFC fights, and the lady they gave her after Cyborg was a complete unknown. This will be her 10th pro fight total.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I can't tell you anything about this next fight coming up other than it's the heaviest weight class fight we have on tonight's card.

Looks like Menifield has no decisions on his record, this might be quick.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I heard his nickname as "Brown Bag" and that's way better than the real one.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

devilmonk posted:

I feel like Nunes is in trouble tonight

Off of weighins?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

drat this is pretty competitive fight, looks like the eye isn't bad enough that it'll get stopped before the second round.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Menifield is a baaaad man.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

This is a good fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

They really need to tell refs to cut this "come on guys work" poo poo out, especially this fast, and ESPECIALLY when there's not a loving crowd booing.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Devin Clark's cornerman constantly screaming "You're in a fight!" is definitely good coaching.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

JaySB posted:

Devin Clark's cornerman constantly screaming "You're in a fight!" is definitely good coaching.

DIG DEEP!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
loving a. Good job on clark for surviving.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Chichevache posted:

loving a. Good job on clark for surviving.

I'm cheering for the dude. Pretty good strategy, except for giving up back mount for...reasons?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Menifield looked unstoppable for 2min then gassed, sad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All I know is that after watching her demolish Rousey and Cyborg, I can't conceive of Nunes losing.

To be fair, I also used to think Rousey was unstoppable as well and... well, yeah.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm cheering for the dude. Pretty good strategy, except for giving up back mount for...reasons?

Not knowing any jiu jitsu is definitely a thing.

Good scrap for the big men, all things considered.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Huh, when I heard unanimous with a 30-27 I thought it was gonna be a hosed up decision the other way. Oh well, I think 29-28 Clark is probably correct, so same result either way.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Clark really gritted that one out and found a way to win, was an impressive performance to me.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

lmao we're not even out of the early prelims and Rogan already isn't getting fighter names right

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
It's realy funny to me that this fight is in the pre-prelim. Just scrap Fly already.

e: alternatively let non-fighting athletes of any size to fight them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That crumple. gently caress.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ooh drat, nice.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Love a leg kick tko!

Get in here Lobster!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
goddamn I love me a leg kick TKO

Digital Jedi posted:

Love a leg kick tko!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Can we just have all UFC cards from now on in the smaller cage? Loving these leg kick TKOs