Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Thanks Obama

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_19

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Product 19 sounds ominous as gently caress.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I can imagine a man in a lab coat, his unruly hair frizzled beyond any reason, screaming at the lightning storm "Soon, I'll unleash Product 19 and they'll learn, oh they'll learn!" whilst cackling wildly

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Colonel Cancer posted:

Product 19 sounds ominous as gently caress.

A simpler food for a simpler time

It really was the best flaked cereal.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Never had the pleasure of ingesting Product 19. No wonder I'm such a puny gently caress.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's made of freeze dried foreskins

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Or a soulless CEO in a boardroom nodding at a lackey, lamenting "Product 19? Huh so it does cause monstrous mutations and miscarriages in 96% of the population... But it also causes us to become filthy rich. Good, good. I want full release of Product 19, nationwide. No, worldwide..."

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
shoulda named it Product 69

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i dont really care about this but i am EXtREMELY MAD about the changes to shark bites. they taste like poo poo now

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

This was my grandparents’ cereal of choice they’d add a banana or a spoon of jam

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol if you eat cereal and not greek yogurt with granola for breakfast every morning

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
goat yogurt here but yeah it's great

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
Product 19 was some good poo poo, gently caress the naysayers. I usually just snacked on a bowl of it dry though, milk just completely ruins cereal.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

free hubcaps posted:

i dont really care about this but i am EXtREMELY MAD about the changes to shark bites. they taste like poo poo now

Oh man the best ones are were the opaque sharks. I don’t need light transmission through my loving gummies.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
That sounds like something you would get in the Soviet Union if you were able to get something as decadent as cereal by being well connected.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I hope they rot in hell!!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a bold move against nazi scientist cereals everywhere

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I hope they rot in hell!!

Thank you for your solidarity.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug
Had to have been dreamed up by someone with 1950s brain. Factory food with a sciencey veneer still had positive connotations. It was a heady time for Miracle Whip, Margarine, and Pep Pills (Meth).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Someone will pay dearly for this.
Not product 19, obviously. No one was paying for that that's why they stopped making it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Big Beef City posted:

Not product 19, obviously. No one was paying for that that's why they stopped making it.

It was the best flaked cereal.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

I will never forgive them.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Haven't had cornflakes in years, I might buy some tomorrow thnx op

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I had raisin bran recently for the first time in forever and actively enjoyed it and that made me depressed on a foundational level.
I don't even know how it compares to product 19 on a nutritional level but I'm certain it can't. Most probably nothing ever will. I hate it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s like cereal for people who have just given up on breakfast.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like if your marketing campaign is "Are you too stupid to take a vitamin?"

And the answer is an emphatic "Hell yeah, please god fix that for us" and you come up with an alternative so bad that people actively start taking vitamins in order to avoid your product unto its discontinuation, you've hosed up.
Literally could have given people any option other than "Chipped box tops" as a flavor/texture combo and won this war.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"You want loving raisins for breakfast, again?"
...ugh well
"It's that or Product 19"
Gimme the fuckin raisins!

They aren't even the GOOD raisins. They're lovely raisins in milk and people are still like "I want more of that" instead of this other thing. How bad did you have to be at making this for people?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

You have chosen, or been chosen, to consume a bowl of Kellogg's Product 19

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Just eat Cheerios like a god drat adult

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Why would you even try to compete with Total? That stuff owns. Especially their raisin bran version.

edit: a quick google tells me total raisin bran is discontinued and I want to die.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
They also got rid of Maple Brown Sugar Life cereal. That was the perfect cereal.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Solefald posted:

Haven't had cornflakes in years, I might buy some tomorrow thnx op

Big Beef City posted:

I had raisin bran recently for the first time in forever and actively enjoyed it and that made me depressed on a foundational level.
I don't even know how it compares to product 19 on a nutritional level but I'm certain it can't. Most probably nothing ever will. I hate it.

Man Product 19 had all the awesomeness of cornflakes with a rich malty oat flavor

“made of corn, oats, wheat, and rice”

This thread was made because my wife popped popcorn and that awesome corn smell tickled my brain.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
As long as they still sell the anti masturbate flakes I’m all good OP

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Do it ironically posted:

As long as they still sell the anti masturbate flakes I’m all good OP

I think they discontinued #19 because they found out all those vitamins were increasing horny levels.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

For when you need a final solution to your constipation problems: Product 19™.

Weka posted:

I think they discontinued #19 because they found out all those vitamins were increasing horny levels.

The creator of the comic strip 9 Chickweed Lane is known to consume massive quantites of Product 19 extracted from his vast archives.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Weka posted:

Kelloggs Bate Flakes: Don't Ask Where The Milk Came From And We're All Good

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You should have seen the other 18 products OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I saw this movie it's ground up beetles right?