Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

King Ezekiel and his kingdom just LARPing all day was the best thing about this show and they should've kept it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Binary Logic posted:

Merle returned and reunited with Daryl, it was quite a scene.

Yeah it seemed like an attempt at comedy relief or a lighter episode before the big finale showdown, but these 3 have survived the zombie apocalypse for over 10 years and shouldn't be so easily duped or make such rookie mistakes.

Princess seems like an over-the-top character from Z Nation. One of my favourite scenes was when she told them to call her princess and for a moment Ezekiel looked he was wondering if he should tell her about his past reign as a king.

"I'm Princess!"

"I'm...." PAUSE "....Ezekiel."

Princess is super cringe though. She makes Eugene look great in comparison though. The Negan/Drrrl bits in the one episode were good, as was his face/heel/face turn and crowning moment of awesome as the "new Alpha" for 30 seconds. But not feeling New Teddy Bear Negan.

I also was catching up on the last few episodes and realized I missed the entire Michonne episode. Seems like I didn't miss much though.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Michonne's episode was embarassing, unless they throw absurd amounts of money at Danai there's no chance she's coming back. She has better things to do

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

JossiRossi posted:

Michonne's episode was embarassing, unless they throw absurd amounts of money at Danai there's no chance she's coming back. She has better things to do

Unless she gets a new show that gets cancelled like Lauren Cohen's did...

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Astroman posted:

Unless she gets a new show that gets cancelled like Lauren Cohen's did...

She's in the MCU. She's not coming back.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Actually that's bad because movie theaters are cancelled now

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Stairs posted:

She's in the MCU. She's not coming back.

It's sad that a Marvel movie is a step up from anything, but here we are

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

Actually that's bad because movie theaters are cancelled now

Well, the theaters might be canceled, but they will keep making movies and just release them digitally.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

TMMadman posted:

Well, the theaters might be canceled, but they will keep making movies and just release them digitally.

Productions are shut down too.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
movies of the future are just celebs doing selfie videos of them singing Imagine by shawn lennon

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Bringing thread back from the dead.....
I really loved this show for the first few seasons, and I still liked it ok until Negan came along. He was too much a comic book type over the top villian for my taste. So I stopped watching, and I gathered the series got worse.

But now stuck at home I decided to go ahead and binge watch and catch up with the series and this thread simultaneously- this thread is fun to read along with my viewing too. Seasons 8 and 9 were lovely and I almost stopped but curiosity about how they'd handle Rick's departure made me start season 10.

Thank CHRIST I stopped reading the thread around page 300 so none of it has been spoilered for me-- it's freaking good again!!! :aaaaa:

I can't believe it lol. I'm halfway through season 10, I have no idea who is going to die, or get together, or whatever. It's great. After I finish binge watching the rest of season 10 I'll post here and finish reading this thread. I don't care if I get poo poo on, 1st half of season 10, all of the whisperers arc, has been pretty entertaining and I never watch TV. Last good thing I watched before this was The Terror right after Chernobyl (because Chernobyl was so fantastic I wanted more Harris.)

I don't read comics so it's all unspoilt, lucky there :dance:
Also, Daryl, omg a sex or kissing makeout scene with a girl PLEASE GOD sploosh :pray:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Welp 2nd half of season 10 quite a drop in quality from the first half. :(

Bummer

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
lol a tale in two acts

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Spinz posted:

Welp 2nd half of season 10 quite a drop in quality from the first half. :(

Bummer

I didn’t respond to your earlier post but mentally thought “wait till he hits the end”

The show isn’t the wire but it’s also not dexters later seasons either. I think it’s a decently made zombie show you can just zone out to.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

teacup posted:

I didn’t respond to your earlier post but mentally thought “wait till he hits the end”

The show isn’t the wire but it’s also not dexters later seasons either. I think it’s a decently made zombie show you can just zone out to.

Really? Because I always felt like getting through a season of this show after the first was an arduous task.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the show isn't bad nor good right now and that makes it really unfun to watch because it's just aggressively mediocre

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

the show isn't bad nor good right now and that makes it really unfun to watch because it's just aggressively mediocre

drat, this is thewalkingdead.txt right here, i think we can close the topic

at least hatewatching it was fun, you're right, it's just so boring and blase that.. :shrug:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Almost done with season 2 of Kingdom

Although it has some neat set pieces and they wear Cool Hats there is entirely too much monologue at stupid times. Also it's just tedious at times at how long it takes anyone to figure things out. Seo Be the nurse is the only intelligent person on that show.

For some reason z nation and black summer are the only shows in this vein that are like "okay let's run away/finish the problem right now and THEN we can shoot the poo poo"

And omfg I wish shows would stop having people cut their palms to draw blood wtf you idiots you need your grip

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 12, 2020

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Whatever happened to that new "the walking dead the CW version" thing that supposed to be coming out? Did this franchise finally poo poo in enough peoples beds that they decided not to bother with it anymore, or is that stuff still coming down the pipe like a drowned-dead litter of unwanted kittens?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

According to AMC it premieres "later this year"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Season 10 finale Oct 4
6 more episodes in early 2021

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-walking-dead-sets-s10-finale-date-adds-new-eps-no-s11-in-2020/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait this show is still around?

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Still shambling around menacing the public somehow like the undead it portrays.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
https://ew.com/tv/walking-dead-end-daryl-carol-spin-off-norman-reedus-melissa-mcbride

Finally ending after after season 11. But hey, I hear you love Walking Dead spinoffs.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Cactus posted:

I think that regardless of how much further the quality of this show descends everyone that is still here at this point is here 'till the bitter end. Whether it's sunk cost, morbid fascination of just how bad can it get, academic interest of how not to write and shoot a TV show, or genuinely still finding something of value somewhere in there, whatever that may be - we'll still be here at the end.

The ultimate irony would be if we never got to see the finale because an honest-to-god real-life apocalypse happens. That would actually piss me off.

Look at the end of this post! From 2017!

Coming TRUE :aaaaa:

(From page 184 itt)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

More of a minor roadbump than an apocalypse, op

edit: I will never stop watching this show, I must see it through even if it kills me.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 14, 2020

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Even I stopped watching and I was sure my bad tv loving rear end would still be around for the bitter end.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
the delayed ep is on amcs DTV thing. it was pretty meh. i don't think i'm down for 30 more of these, the other two shows, a possible spin off show, and then whatever the movies plan is at this point. the premise of run into group, fight group, is just spinning wheels for me at this point

i didnt bother with the new shows pilot, no clue on that

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 2, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

zer0spunk posted:

the delayed ep is on amcs DTV thing. it was pretty meh. i don't think i'm down for 30 more of these, the other two shows, a possible spin off show, and then whatever the movies plan is at this point. the premise of run into group, fight group, is just spinning wheels for me at this point

i didnt bother with the new shows pilot, no clue on that

interesting, probably means it's been leaked onto a :filez: site as well

probably not worth it but i'll at least try the first ep

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I watched TWD Teens.

Christ it was frustrating because it again ruins any potential. Who knew teen characters could be annoying.

And of course, at the end they just destroy another community because ‘nothing lives while the dead do’ or some bullshit.

I have to admit I laughed at the reveal that the little girl ran towards the scared woman; therefore leading to her shooting the mum dead.

I could maybe skip through a handful of episodes, but they really should just let it go at this point. I don’t think they know who their target audience is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I also laughed at how they went the whole series premiere without showing a single actual zombie kill or fight scene. Whoever said that spinoff was being hyped as Walking Dead For Young Adults wasn't kidding, the curses are the only reason that premiere was rated above TV-14 because it sure wasn't gore or excessive violence

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think I've forgotten 90% of the characters introduced in the last few seasons.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Andrew_1985 posted:

I watched TWD Teens.

Christ it was frustrating because it again ruins any potential. Who knew teen characters could be annoying.

And of course, at the end they just destroy another community because ‘nothing lives while the dead do’ or some bullshit.

I have to admit I laughed at the reveal that the little girl ran towards the scared woman; therefore leading to her shooting the mum dead.

I could maybe skip through a handful of episodes, but they really should just let it go at this point. I don’t think they know who their target audience is.

The target audience is...me.

Good start for the new series. Interview with showrunner Matt Negrete
Good episode for the end of the Whisperers arc. Angela Kang continues bringing the series back from the dead
ends of Scott Gimple.

And next weekend....FEAR The Walking Dead returns.

It's a good time to be a zombie watcher.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That new show was somehow worse than TWD, holy poo poo. 90% lovely monologues by these dumb kids they don't bother to try to get you invested in

And the end to the Whisperers was awful. Cool why didn't you just infiltrate the horde and pick them off months ago if it was that easy? And they lead the horde away for literally the entire day just to cut back to whatever building they're in... and they haven't done anything to escape :psyduck: typical TWD garbage continuity

Those two eps back to back have me never watching this show again, so I goes there's a silver lining :confuoot:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I will say exactly one good thing about the season 10 finale: I liked Beta's death scene

From his perspective he dies the most FUCKIN METAL way imaginable :rock: And then we cut to Darryl and Negan looking on like "Yeah whatever that dude was nuts, I can't believe I bought every one of his albums" :rolleyes:

I feel like that was the best way to show how weird and culty the whisperers were one last time before they stopped being a threat. And a commentary on how the show sees itself while we the audience look at what's actually on screen :v:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I flipped through the episode and lol at whoever that new group is in their clean and shiny gear

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I enjoyed the new episode. I'm excited to learn about the storm troopers next episode, they seem high-tech.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

This is unrelated to the show, but I had this weird dream where I was walking through an abandoned school building where it was freezing because the power was out in the winter, then I found people in the basement and kids were climbing into musical instrument cases and trying to be really quiet, so I was like "wait what's going on" and then a zombie popped its head through the door and I kept slamming the door until its head burst open full of guts

anyway what I'm saying is I could write better content than The Walking Dead in my sleep. Have a spooky October

:spooky: :ghost: :drac: :witch: :spooky:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Lmao this show still exists???? How

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i can't imagine being Lauren Cohen having to return to TWD and they're like "okay cool so we're gonna give you a ninja and have you be a complete deus ex machina just so nobody important dies cause we're trying to wrap up this plot fast"

i bet she let out the longest, most resigned sigh in the history of the human race