Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

This low effort GDT is brought to you by flies that keep loving with me exclusively when I'm trying to eat or concentrate on an effortpost

Come talk about fights.

edit: I waited until the actual event start time to post it just in case someone was working on something high effort, if someone actually is and they're just slightly late or something, I'll lock mine.

Brut fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Nunes is in trouble tonight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Lid posted:

Fight Island is Abu Dhabi.

Ready for "temperate climate <fighter>" excuses.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Lid posted:

Fight Island is Abu Dhabi.

A lovely venue tbf and the hotels were underwhelming

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Waroduce posted:

A lovely venue tbf and the hotels were underwhelming

I'm sure they're building a new venue. Also LOL at not liking the St Regis, Four Seasons or Ritz Abu Dhabi.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

The actual problem is that UFC 242 was in Septmeber, while they're trying to hold these events in July, it's gonna be 110 degrees outside and I don't think their AC systems are gonna keep up.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Brut posted:

The actual problem is that UFC 242 was in Septmeber, while they're trying to hold these events in July, it's gonna be 110 degrees outside and I don't think their AC systems are gonna keep up.

iirc there wasnt any AC in september

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

iirc there wasnt any AC in september

No, that's just what it seemed like because the AC couldn't keep up, it was a low of 88 and a high of 101 in Abu Dhabi that day.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Brut posted:

No, that's just what it seemed like because the AC couldn't keep up, it was a low of 88 and a high of 101 in Abu Dhabi that day.

ah poo poo, thanks for the correction

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

ah poo poo, thanks for the correction

No worries, now that tonight's card is over let me add some details to this.

Before that event, that venue was used for some sort of music show, I wanna say Red Hot Chili Peppers or something, so there was already an AC system installed, as UFC 242 was coming up they realized that system wasn't gonna hold up so they went to install a new one but weren't able to complete it fast enough for it to get "broken in" properly, which some of the AC technicians were saying would normally take about 3 weeks, but they had less than 1 week to go, that's why the new system couldn't keep up.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/JackSlackMMA/status/1269490352332955648

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
double post so what

https://twitter.com/DannStupp/status/1269465793370169344

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Conor just posted this

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1269492917317533696

Not that I believe anything he says

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fentry posted:

Conor just posted this

Hey Conor,

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/1269469921496334336

Lets post good tweets instead of bad tweets.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://twitter.com/Justin_Gaethje/status/1269502343223095296

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/NandaPrates_/status/1269494849339867145

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I like the idea of Amanda following Cyborg around and stealing her hustle in every organization.

Nunes vs Cyborg in Bellator
Nunes vs Cyborg in RIZIN
Nunes vs Cyborg BFC

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/1269493222209810433

lmfao.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Just watched sandhagen v aljo... the way sandhagen does the worm butt scoot thing while knocked out is just so good... has this happened before? What's the funniest ragdoll knocked out situation in UFC history?

awesomeolion fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 7, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fentry posted:

Conor just posted this

How many retirements is this now?

Three?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Intruder posted:

How many retirements is this now?

Three?

The first time he retired it was to get out of doing press for UFC 200, the second time sexual assault allegations cropped up the day after, this time, ???

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol there wasn't enough zeroes on the last fight he was offered so there will be next time

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Memento posted:

The first time he retired it was to get out of doing press for UFC 200, the second time sexual assault allegations cropped up the day after, this time, ???

So chances are he viciously anally raped another woman?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

awesomeolion posted:

Just watched sandhagen v aljo... the way sandhagen does the worm butt scoot thing while knocked out is just so good... has this happened before? What's the funniest ragdoll knocked out situation in UFC history?

When Marlon Moraes head kick/kneed Sterling, Aljo flopped over and basically dabbed

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How can anyone not love Amanda Nunes she is so sweet and it's impossible to not feel happy for her. Her reign has to come to an end eventually and it'll be a sad day when it does.

That said, I was rolling my eyes at the commentary the whole time last night at their comments at Spencee. Sure none of it was a lie but god drat. Spencer definitely deserves special recognition for surviving 25 minutes (barely) with cyborg and nunes each. Dumped too many points in her defense build with nothing else left over lol

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

beep by grandpa posted:

How can anyone not love Amanda Nunes she is so sweet and it's impossible to not feel happy for her. Her reign has to come to an end eventually and it'll be a sad day when it does.

That said, I was rolling my eyes at the commentary the whole time last night at their comments at Spencee. Sure none of it was a lie but god drat. Spencer definitely deserves special recognition for surviving 25 minutes (barely) with cyborg and nunes each. Dumped too many points in her defense build with nothing else left over lol

I would agree with this, but for some reason she supports (supported?) Bolsonaro.

Which is a real kick in the knackers when you just wanted to like a cool gay chick who always looks really happy to have the job she has and is also really good at it :smith:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1269393533137371139

Raphael Assuncao has been fighting in the UFC for a decade and has been top ten nearly the entire time and is earning less than than $80k to co-main event a pay-per-view against a former world champion.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I would agree with this, but for some reason she supports (supported?) Bolsonaro.

Which is a real kick in the knackers when you just wanted to like a cool gay chick who always looks really happy to have the job she has and is also really good at it :smith:

I'm definitely not an expert on Brazilian politics or Brazil in general, but is it possible that as an openly gay woman in Brazil she doesn't feel safe not supporting him?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
She lives in Florida.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Look if you want to support only completely wholesome people in fighting you would be supporting only Angela Hill, Roxy, Holloway, and Poirer. You can appreciate a fighter, their craft, and their personality while also acknowledging they hold problematic views. They aren't your friends (for the most part some goons actually know fighters), so you don't have to fear guilt by association for lovely views.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
And that’s why I’m a Colby Covington fan.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

8ve never had a quicker urge to delete a post

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

She lives in Florida.

I would think she has a family, dude

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Men who hate their own fighters

Meadowhill fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 7, 2020

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
When your argument is ‘how can you hate someone when their personality is so sweet’ and then you go on to argue that you should divorce their opinions from their craft then YOU must. be. a. goon.

gently caress Nunes to hell. Supporting the guy who threatens to burn down the rainforest (one of his tamer threats) makes you a loving rear end in a top hat

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

ok gooner

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Funny part is someone threatening to burn down a rainforest isn't even in the top 1000 of most hosed up things MMA fighters have been attached to

Edit: goon!!!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
You’re right. Because other fighters have been linked to worse people it’s actually okay to support fascism. Carry on