Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

limp_cheese posted:

Embedding tweets is weird when not on mobile. You can clear your internet browsing data and it will fix it for a few days but it'll come right back. You need to click on the tweet and go to it for it to play. poo poo's weird.

I just assume it's intentional fuckery on Twitter's part to get people to click through to their garbage site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i came

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

ekuNNN posted:

Pig talk

None of these morons are qualified for anything else. Can you imagine your average fascist pig figuring out an excel worksheet?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ElGroucho posted:

None of these morons are qualified for anything else. Can you imagine your average fascist pig figuring out an excel worksheet?

I mean, fascist pigs are known for keeping extensive records.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 6, 2020

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

The Lone Badger posted:

It won't play.

Memento posted:

Yeah it's a problem with tweets embedding that I have no idea how to fix. This is a direct link to the video.

Graedyn posted:

I'm on Chrome desktop so I don't know if this'll work for everyone but I always get a 'media can't be played' message the first time I click on one of these.
I've found that if I refresh the page and re-click the play button, they play. That will last through the rest of a thread and even when I go into a different one.
However, if I walk away and come back hours later or the next day, the message fires again until I reload the page.

Rinse and repeat, every damned day.

Takes No Damage posted:

Seeing a similar issue in Opera, I'll try F5 next time and see if it's consistent like you describe. I don't know if we should be blaming Radium's lovely forums code or Twitter's lovely shittyness for making it a federal case to embed a drat tweet...

BiggerBoat posted:

I keep having this problem too. For whatever reason, recently, I'm having to clear my browser cache like every other page I browse that has Twitter videos and then reload the page. On a Chromebook FWIW.

Try that and see if it plays then. I'm curious.

Schad's on me for having a lovely, cheap laptop I guess.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This has been happening to me for a long while. At first I'd click play and it'd say "Media cannot be played." Then I'd click again and it'd refresh the video, then click again and it'd work. Now after I click the last time it says the media can't be played again. So I just click on the text and it opens twitter and I watch it there. :saddowns:

Raptor1033 posted:

I just assume it's intentional fuckery on Twitter's part to get people to click through to their garbage site

I finally fixed this for good after a lot of experimenting (Chrome, PC desktop).
In Chrome, go to Settings --> Site Settings --> Cookies and site data, and add twitter.com to your list of blocked sites.
Everything works fine for me now and I haven't had any trouble since.
(Note that this will probably gently caress things up if you're an actual twitter user, and need to log in, etc.)

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Platystemon posted:

I mean, fascist pigs are known for keeping extensive records.

Not the brownshirts though. It's the Himmler-type weirdos that are good with numbers.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXVZVCoaxM4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lobster God posted:

Charge of the traffic light brigade

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Just a probably ill-thought out post, but the Swastika is such a tragic icon to be co-opted by Nazis because it’s just 8 right angles. It’s such a simple design that it can and does show up all over the place for innocent reasons, but now those right angles in that arrangement is verboten.

To be clear I’m not trying to bring back the swastika or make excuses, it’s just a simple geometric design and it blows that the nazis couldn’t have chosen something with a little more pizzaz that wasn’t way to accidentally recreate (but that was the point, I know).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/SonOfAssata/status/1268687480716476416

The cops radicalized a Boogaloo Boy...to the other side.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

chitoryu12 posted:

Did this guy start out fascist, though? I don't see anything that indicates he wasn't there on the protestors' side to begin with. Not saying this isn't a good video, though :allears:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Did this guy start out fascist, though? I don't see anything that indicates he wasn't there on the protestors' side to begin with. Not saying this isn't a good video, though :allears:

Just assuming he is because he's got all the markings of being a Boogaloo Boy and they're "ironic" white supremacist racial civil war accelerationists from /k/.

You don't generally see someone bringing an assault rifle to a protest while wearing tac gear and a hawaiian shirt without them wanting to signal to other boogaloo boys that they're one of them.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

chitoryu12 posted:

Are you under the impression that guys sharing violent antigovernment memes filled with anti cop rhetoric were on the side of the police?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah anti-police sentiment is the one thing they have in common with the rest of the protestors.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

UGH
Double ugh
UGH UGH

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Atticus_1354 posted:

Are you under the impression that guys sharing violent antigovernment memes filled with anti cop rhetoric were on the side of the police?

Not sure if you've seen the world at all but they flip to supporting police the instant that the police are oppressing POC.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Xarbala posted:

Yeah anti-police sentiment is the one thing they have in common with the rest of the protestors.

Well that and many of them are just as opposed to racism also. They didn't just accidentally show up to the protest. Boogaloo is a stupid pro violence anti gov movement but it's not about a race war and nazis get told to gently caress off by people in Hawaiian shirts too. They are not some second coming of the proud boys.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Wait poo poo I have a few Hawaiian shirts because I think they're fun. We even had a guy do some good here in Edmonton with a Hawaiian shirt on.
https://www.theloop.ca/ctvnews/hawaiian-shirt-guy-praised-for-tackling-alleged-arsonist-in-edmonton/

Did shitheads ruin Hawaiian shirts now too?

Edit: ok so it's Camo and Hawaiian shirts. That's just tacky as hell. Fuckin douchebags.

Edit 2: vvv Philistine

Antioch fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 7, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Hawaiian shirts ruined Hawaiian shirts

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Atticus_1354 posted:

Well that and many of them are just as opposed to racism also. They didn't just accidentally show up to the protest. Boogaloo is a stupid pro violence anti gov movement but it's not about a race war and nazis get told to gently caress off by people in Hawaiian shirts too. They are not some second coming of the proud boys.

Gosh guys don’t lump these alt-right shitheads with those other alt-right shitheads. There is zero overlap and furthermore

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Victis posted:

Gosh guys don’t lump these alt-right shitheads with those other alt-right shitheads. There is zero overlap and furthermore

More like let them go at each other if that's what they want

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

More like let them go at each other if that's what they want

That's more in line with it.

If anyone wants to read an essay about disenfranchised white males this is a pretty comprehensive report. Also a good remind that nothing good comes out of the internet.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2020/05/27/the-boogaloo-movement-is-not-what-you-think/

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this was alright but if you read the stuff that isn't highlighted you see a lot of "I still love this job" poo poo and the highlighted text isn't really as satisfying as it first appears

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Atticus_1354 posted:

Isn't boogaloo just rebadged RaHoWa. Seems like that at least.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

Inceltown posted:

Isn't boogaloo just rebadged RaHoWa. Seems like that at least.

Short answer is no but it is used as a recruiting ground for angry violent disenfranchised white males. Feel free to read the article above for the long answer.

On topic

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

You think that's bad, look what those monsters did to cars!

Counterpoint:

e:

Atticus_1354 posted:

Short answer is no but it is used as a recruiting ground for angry violent disenfranchised white males. Feel free to read the article above for the long answer.

On topic

Also works for toddlers.

e3:

aas Bandit posted:

I finally fixed this for good after a lot of experimenting (Chrome, PC desktop).
In Chrome, go to Settings --> Site Settings --> Cookies and site data, and add twitter.com to your list of blocked sites.
(Note that this will probably gently caress things up if you're an actual twitter user, and need to log in, etc.)

Just did an A/B test with this post

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=505476143#post505476143

in Opera (the menus were the same). Totally works. I pulled the block out and the first video wouldn't play, put it back in, hit F5, works again. Thanks!

e4:
gently caress Twitter.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 7, 2020

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/joshuaclov3r/status/1269425492643377152?s=20

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Antioch posted:

Wait poo poo I have a few Hawaiian shirts because I think they're fun.

Yeah fucken oath mate.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yeah nah. How anti-fun do you need to be to hate partying in the warm summer air.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

beanieson posted:

I feel so threatened I’m gonna stand here for 10 minutes instead of just walk the gently caress away

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Right? That's the part that gets me, especially as a woman. If I felt threatened by a dude while walking home at night, I wouldn't just stand there calling the cops saying "yes, officer? I think this guy is going to rape me. .... Well, no, I'm not in a safe place now, I'm standing right next to him. ... Why am I not running? ... Well, because, because --- y'know what, let me speak to your supervisor."

We're currently having a big discussion about this in the KarenStomper58 thread.

My take is that threatening to "cause a scene" has always gotten them the results they wanted in the past and they have no idea what to do next if anyone actually calls their bluff, so they have to keep going and keep getting further and further panicked in a desperate attempt to try to convince everyone that they're the victim even past the point where it becomes blatantly ridiculous.
Sure they could walk away (and I bet a lot do, we just don't see those videos because they're not as funny) but that'd pretty much be admitting that they were being wrong and acting like a manipulative jerk and that doesn't fit into their internal narrative about their life.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

So they'd become managers...

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

ili posted:

Yeah fucken oath mate.

Yeah nah. How anti-fun do you need to be to hate partying in the warm summer air.

My Hawaiian-born and raised wife says that Hawaiian shirts are the mass-produced disposable shirts worn by tourists. Aloha shirts, on the other hand, are the ones that have some meaning to the pattern and are so well made that they'll last you the rest of your life.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

aas Bandit posted:

For Safari, make sure you have "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" checked under Preferences>Privacy.

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Uh-oh, better do a preemptive counter-rape and then complain as if it isn’t a choice for the guy if he says no.

Seriously, dude? You have issues.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/ErikwithanE/status/1269503092539580416

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I’m kind of neutral on menstrual blood. Like it’s not really arousing like pussy juice or anything but like a chick don’t gotta shut down her whole works for a little jettisoned baby caviar. :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uh-oh, better do a preemptive counter-rape and then complain as if it isn’t a choice for the guy if he says no.

People don’t understand how sex works.

the gently caress is wrong with you

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

the gently caress is wrong with you
Who knows they pop off regularly, better to ignore it

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

LethalGeek posted:

Who knows they pop off regularly, better to ignore it

would you say they... John Pop off?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Sounds like a stupid twitter slapfight, care to explain where the schadenfreude is?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Serephina posted:

Sounds like a stupid twitter slapfight, care to explain where the schadenfreude is?

she keeps digging down being a lovely terf and this person used a pivotal quote from Harry Potter when the fascist bad guys took over as a dig at her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
We ok in here y’all are generally good.

E please report thx

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 7, 2020