Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
https://www.vulture.com/2020/06/svu-showrunner-warren-leight-podcast-interview.html

quote:

In a podcast interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the showrunner of Law & Order: SVU, Warren Leight, told hosts Dan Fienberg and Lesley Goldberg that he understands the recent pushback against the mountain of police-centric programming on TV. In response to a question about whether Leight thinks cops are portrayed “too positively” on TV, Leight answered, “Collectively? Yes.” “Individually am I miscontributing to society?” he continued. “I don’t know. Collectively, are we? Yeah.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm reminded of an r/relationships or possibly E/N story of a guy who browbeat his wife into opening their relationship to pursue a coworker who turned out to be a lesbian, and of course it goes the usual route where she's getting laid all the time and he's getting nothing.

It was a SA Confession Thread original and it is ...................... amazing

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
On the subject of post-2020 Brooklyn 99, the recent season finale had a running joke in which the cast grumbled about firefighters during a blackout. The riots made that bit extra lovely, and it was made extra-extra lovely by a viral video in which a firefighter recounts being accosted by the police when he was in uniform.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

rydiafan posted:

Was it Anthony Burch?

While that is a funny story, it's just another case of what keeps on happening. Also turned out Burch is a sex pest.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm going to guess that, to Chevy, saying people think Donald Glover is funnier because he's black isn't racist. Hell, to him, it's probably a compliment.

:psyduck: No, it wasn't meant as a compliment.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alhazred posted:

:psyduck: No, it wasn't meant as a compliment.

It read more like a negging thing from the context I saw. With Donald Glover it was immediately clear to everyone he was immensely talented and Harmon even allowed him to improv jokes so Chevy took the chance to "crack jokes" that were just his way of trying to be the biggest star in the room by tearing down Glover.

"people only think you're funny because you're black" can't see that read as a compliment by anyone even under the most generous terms.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Has Harmon had Glinner back on lately

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Reminded that there's a character in the IDW Ghostbusters comics clearly visually based on Chevy Chase, who is a total rear end in a top hat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LCn2uLt78

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

Chevy Chase has had a reputation as a difficult rear end in a top hat for almost 40 years now.

Which is why he sort of disappeared for a while. People just gave up on putting up with his poo poo.

Chase has had a hand in so many classic movies and TV shows and yet he is absolutely despised by everyone. As far as I know he's never sexually assaulted or murdered anyone, defrauded people, or been caught molesting kids, so he is hated solely for his terrible personality.

If you were forced to choose between dinner with O.J. Simpson, Harvey Weinstein, or Chevy Chase you'd probably have to pause and think about it. O.J. and Harvey are horrible men who've done incalculable harm to innocent people, but they wouldn't spend the whole night insulting you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Krispy Wafer posted:

Chase has had a hand in so many classic movies and TV shows and yet he is absolutely despised by everyone. As far as I know he's never sexually assaulted or murdered anyone, defrauded people, or been caught molesting kids, so he is hated solely for his terrible personality.

If you were forced to choose between dinner with O.J. Simpson, Harvey Weinstein, or Chevy Chase you'd probably have to pause and think about it. O.J. and Harvey are horrible men who've done incalculable harm to innocent people, but they wouldn't spend the whole night insulting you.

dude i post on something awful i can handle someone being a dick. and i sure as gently caress am going to have dinner with a dickhead before a loving wife killer and a serial rapist

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hell I'd have dinner with chevy chase, why not. chevy chase, you probably post here. hit me up.

drat... should've posted this before they closed fyad... who knows where that guy is now...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oh hey, it’s a documentary about my life from mid-October to mid-April every year.

I’m amazed Chase and Harmon made it through a few seasons of Community without stabbing each other. By all accounts they’re both insanely toxic people that are closer to a walking substance abuse issue than human.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There was recently a Covid fundraiser thing where the Community cast got together (virtually) and re-enacted one of their scripts with Dan Harmon on board and it was the episode where Pierce had died and they were all listening to the reading of his will. In some ways it had to be that episode because it was one episode that Chase wasn't in, but the last one that Donald Glover was in.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

There was recently a Covid fundraiser thing where the Community cast got together (virtually) and re-enacted one of their scripts with Dan Harmon on board and it was the episode where Pierce had died and they were all listening to the reading of his will. In some ways it had to be that episode because it was one episode that Chase wasn't in, but the last one that Donald Glover was in.

That is also an amazingly funny episode.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

dude i post on something awful i can handle someone being a dick. and i sure as gently caress am going to have dinner with a dickhead before a loving wife killer and a serial rapist

Sure, I would too. But again, I'd have to pause and think about it.

Horrible people always have somebody sticking up for them. It might be another racist or sexual predator, but there's always someone who questions whether we're being too hard on the guy. I don't think Chevy Chase has any defenders.There was that article about him making a comeback and Loren Michaels, who seems to genuinely feel for the guy, still won't have anything to do with him.

Harmon's a decent example of this. He's terrible, but talented so people give him an exemption. Chase is terrible and talented and no one returns his calls. It's impressive to be that hated when you haven't pulled an O.J. or a Weinstein.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Maxwell Lord posted:

They also had Pedro Pascal fill in for Walton Goggins and it was hilarious.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Donald Glover's last appearance is in the next episode, which is the one where they play a school-wide game of "The Floor is Lava" (which wouldn't have worked well as a table read alone).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Krispy Wafer posted:

Sure, I would too. But again, I'd have to pause and think about it.

Horrible people always have somebody sticking up for them. It might be another racist or sexual predator, but there's always someone who questions whether we're being too hard on the guy. I don't think Chevy Chase has any defenders.There was that article about him making a comeback and Loren Michaels, who seems to genuinely feel for the guy, still won't have anything to do with him.

Harmon's a decent example of this. He's terrible, but talented so people give him an exemption. Chase is terrible and talented and no one returns his calls. It's impressive to be that hated when you haven't pulled an O.J. or a Weinstein.

Usually the rule is, you'll be forgiven as long as you're successful. Chase had a solid movie career through the 80s, some flops but also hits like Caddyshack, Fletch, the Vacation movies, etc. When those dried up (and when his talk show tanked) people were all too happy to stop working with him. Community was obviously supposed to be a shot at a comeback for him, and he is legit funny on it, but instead it just reminded everyone why they didn't return his calls anymore.

Whereas, say, Keanu Reeves has had ups and downs in his career but he's apparently great to work with so he never had too much trouble finding gigs. (Nowadays of course he's set.) Heck he's the entire reason A Scanner Darkly got made, he's a huge PKD fan and pushed for it to become a reality.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Watch the roast of Chevy chase to see his feelings get hurt about how cruel the remarks are.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

rodbeard posted:

Chevy Chase still hasn't realized that he's only good at playing characters that are big enough assholes that it's fun watching bad things happen to them.

I don't know, Pierce was funnier (and the show was way better) when he wasn't written as a way for Dan Harmon to dunk on him or whatever it was.

He might be good at being a racist rear end in a top hat irl, but as an actor he's definitely more entertaining when not doing that.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Good news, filming finished on The Excellent Mr. Dundee in February so the coronavirus won't delay Chevy Chase's new film about Crocodile Dundee getting knighted.

It looks like everyone is just playing themselves so Chevy is probably the villain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

Watch the roast of Chevy chase to see his feelings get hurt about how cruel the remarks are.

HOT TAKE: roasts aren't funny and never were

the only funny roast moment was greg giraldo roasting the roasters for using the permissive structure of the roast to be homophobic

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

the only funny roast moment was greg giraldo roasting the roasters for using the permissive structure of the roast to be homophobic

The Friar's Roasts that Comedy Central ran were kinda funny, but the problem is the network decided they wanted to do their own and just pick celebrities at random so they cut out the Friars altogether and just called together various comics.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Friar's Roasts that Comedy Central ran were kinda funny, but the problem is the network decided they wanted to do their own and just pick celebrities at random so they cut out the Friars altogether and just called together various comics.

Some of them are still pretty funny but also the point of a roast is that your friends and colleagues do it, not that Jeff Ross comes in dressed like Gaddafi for some reason and calls you a fat sack of poo poo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Krispy Wafer posted:

Good news, filming finished on The Excellent Mr. Dundee in February so the coronavirus won't delay Chevy Chase's new film about Crocodile Dundee getting knighted.

It looks like everyone is just playing themselves so Chevy is probably the villain.

I tried looking it up and wow the celeb tabloids got hit hard by corona

EXCLUSIVE: crocodile dundee star takes in his trash cans :effort:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Pick posted:

I liked it when a bunch of local hip hop guys did a show where they positive-roasted each other by having a compliments-only rap battle :unsmith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I liked it when a bunch of local hip hop guys did a show where they positive-roasted each other by having a compliments-only rap battle :unsmith:

Ron Funches has a new show on Quibi that's just comedians competing to who can be the nicest to each other.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

muscles like this! posted:

Ron Funches has a new show on Quibi that's just comedians competing to who can be the nicest to each other.

Who cares what shows are on the scab app?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

For roasts, on my 5th anniversary of end of cancer treatment i held a roast of myself and raised money for a cancer charity. We raised close to a $1000.

Most celeb roasts still blow tho

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Some of them are still pretty funny but also the point of a roast is that your friends and colleagues do it, not that Jeff Ross comes in dressed like Gaddafi for some reason and calls you a fat sack of poo poo.

Those roasts are poorly aged by the time they aired.

Norm Macdonald is and always will be the only funny person to be invited to those roasts.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 00:33 on Jun 8, 2020

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

pentyne posted:

Norm Macdonald is and always will be the only funny person to be invited to those roasts.

Speaking of people who have aged poorly...

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I loved when he did a lovely job on purpose for the roast of Bob Saget.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Yeah they had Comedy Central Roasts for Charlie Sheen, James Franco, and Donald Trump, and all 3 of those are probably harder to watch now.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What happened with Franco?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm sorry, but Jeff Ross'
"How do you roast charcoal!?" line during the roast of Flava Flav is a classic.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Speaking of people who have aged poorly...

Oh, no, what's wrong with Norm Macdonald?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What happened with Franco?

Possible/accused sex pest

I haven't followed it enough to tell you details or probable validity

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

Oh, no, what's wrong with Norm Macdonald?

He was in The Animal. A fate worse than death...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

Andy Samberg did another type like this. Basically complimenting people and then yelling "boom roasted."