Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Placeholder!

Summary: Growing heirloom rice (and other weird poo poo) north of latitude 50 - Zone4b, for fun and sustenance and likely no profit.

Rime fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Also a placeholder!

My Pigs Huge Balls
Jun 4, 2020

What's up Rime? You still growing rice in the 50s? 45 here, have read I think it was Ben Falk's book (??) growing rice in VT and curious what you got going on

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Ben Falk and a little farm in northern Maine have been my primary resources on this, it's got legs with my primary concern being the curtailment of sunlight vs. attempts south of the 49th.

Working on fixing my old LithiumHosting setup and getting a blog running so this survives the site dying, but if I don't make it in time I imagine searching "growing rice in Northern BC" "Growing Rice in Kitwanga" or similar searches will turn it up pretty easily.