Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The salsa says to use within 14 days of opening. Good idea on the food saver, gonna do that today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

number 1 snake fan posted:

Excuse you, they are *paletas*

They are actually 아이스 캔디.

(Courtesy of Google Translate)

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Wifezwang & I went to church for the first time since the lockdown started. Concord, CA had plenty of meat, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. No Lysol wipes (has anyone seen these anywhere?) or dried blueberries though, and sadly none of Chef Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch bars, which are some of the best protein bars I've ever had.

They were carrying a new kind of protein bar that I tried: Nugo Dark. The box was a combination of chocolate pretzel and chocolate chip flavors. Happy to report that the chocolate pretzel ones taste pretty much like chocolate pretzel candy bars but without being heinously bad for you. They do check a bunch of hippie boxes in terms of being vegan/non-GMO/gluten-free/etc. but whatever, they're good. PBUC

I also got to pick up a rotisserie chicken (of course) for lunch and shared some with Catzwang, so she says PBUC too. Or would if she had the proper vocal anatomy.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 4, 2020

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Paul MaudDib posted:

FYI though the refill rolls are different from the ones that actually come in the machine, thinner plastic, which will cause things to freezer burn faster. You can order a 6 pack of off-brand 11” rolls on amazon for like $30, I bought the name brand because I figured it would be nice and thick like the starter roll. I felt like that was a bait and switch.

The food saver bags are one of those uncommon products where you're getting ripped off at Costco. Third party bags on Amazon are like 1/10th the price. I've also had good luck with Amazon Oral B replacement toothbrush heads as well and they're a similar amount cheaper.

Zugzwang posted:

No Lysol wipes (has anyone seen these anywhere?)

The Costco's I've been to in the Seattle area have had them when they opened both times I got there early.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BeastOfExmoor posted:

The food saver bags are one of those uncommon products where you're getting ripped off at Costco. Third party bags on Amazon are like 1/10th the price. I've also had good luck with Amazon Oral B replacement toothbrush heads as well and they're a similar amount cheaper.

I've had the best luck directly from the manufacturer; they frequently seem to be offer buy one, get one free specials that work out to be cheaper than Costco's price. There's also usually a good cash back rate from shopping portals.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Bitchin Sauce and celery might be the perfect snack.

Bitchin has just ruined store bought hummus for me. I can't do it no mo.

Fresh hummus is still bomb though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I want costco to have my baby

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Immaculate Costception

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Instead it belongs to Carl’s Jr.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

+ free refills?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah but you will get quintuplets or something from these bulk stores

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Inspector 34 posted:

+ free refills?

Hey it's REFILL. So twins.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I think when I posted that while hosed up last night, that I meant it as some kind of multi faceted joke, where I would either knock up costco or freely give my child as a sacrifice (PBUC). It uh, wasn't the only questionable post made last night

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
In these turbulent economic times. Costco caring for and raising your child in the ways of the Dog and Samples may be a long term positive if they're guaranteed a manager position.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
My local churches are selling those fukken crack Mocha Freezes again

Jeez, I wish I didn't know that. Also hey, now you can wish the same as well!

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

jeeves posted:

My local churches are selling those fukken crack Mocha Freezes again

Jeez, I wish I didn't know that. Also hey, now you can wish the same as well!

You can have them make it without the chocolate syrup and its still delicious and much lower calorie.

90 minutes away from my first Costco visit in weeks, can hardly wait. Gotta get me some of that cheap good chunk charcoal.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

BaseballPCHiker posted:

You can have them make it without the chocolate syrup and its still delicious and much lower calorie.

90 minutes away from my first Costco visit in weeks, can hardly wait. Gotta get me some of that cheap good chunk charcoal.

gently caress I saw those at mine. I'm calorie reducing to loose those quarantine pounds before the wedding, but I would have loved an icy cold drink :(. Next time.

Picked up Kirkland brats and Kingsford briquettes for weekend grilling. A bag for home, and a bag to take camping in two weeks for my honeymoon.

My local had a great craft beer selection today, it was agonizing to choose the weekend beers.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I did the Kirkland Brats in my Sous vide pot last night, came out juicy and amazing. I made a cheddar cheese sauce to dunk them in, was soo good. Would’ve made it a beer cheese sauce but my wife don’t like that...

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I figure I'll grill some, and use some for instant pot stew of some kind. Brats and kale would be nice

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cartoon Man posted:

I did the Kirkland Brats in my Sous vide pot last night, came out juicy and amazing. I made a cheddar cheese sauce to dunk them in, was soo good. Would’ve made it a beer cheese sauce but my wife don’t like that...

:sever:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Please post the records for both cheese sauces of the cost

E: I’m leaving that typo. I like it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
From the CEO of Costco. Yeah of course they're jumping on board with the companies posting stuff about injustice but this message is for their employees which Costco, unlike other companies, cares about so much.

I'd also like everyone to take note of my current battery life. Unlike 99% of other screenshot takers, I charge my phone. :smugdon:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're home posting then. Some of us still gotta go out for work. :v:

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Gotta say the La Terra Fina quiches are actually very good. Good, short crust and tasty filling. Strongly recommended

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Is there any difference between the smaller Kirkland hot dogs and the food court style ones that you can buy in the refrigerated section? Other than size, are the small ones not ALL BEEF?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there any difference between the smaller Kirkland hot dogs and the food court style ones that you can buy in the refrigerated section? Other than size, are the small ones not ALL BEEF?

I got them recently and the seem like the same flavor as the food court ones, just BUN SIZED

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Costco have frozen pizza versions of the pizza they sell in the food court?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I said come in! posted:

Does Costco have frozen pizza versions of the pizza they sell in the food court?

No. They have a Take N Bake near the rotiss chickens but it honestly never came close to tasting like food court and just tastes blah

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I said come in! posted:

Ive seen Kirkland Cheese and Kirkland Pepperoni frozen pizza before but it's really weird and store specific. There's like 3 'Cos in my area and only one had them

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Just visited in NW Ohio. First time since March I've seen them fully stocked with chicken parts, but they didn't have any cow strip loins. Dude said he cut their last 2 up this morning, and they went immediately.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

What's better, the premade margarita "wine cocktail" or the margarita mix?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Just saw Bitchin' Sauce in a regular Vons in the same section as the hummus. It's $5 for the little 8 oz one but at least there's an option when Costco rotates out their inventory.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Sherpa blankets are the ones everyone raves about, yeah? They just became available in the Australian 'Co store, so I ordered one.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I, Butthole posted:

Sherpa blankets are the ones everyone raves about, yeah? They just became available in the Australian 'Co store, so I ordered one.

I am typing this sandwiched between two of them. Roman emperors didn’t have this kind of decadence cocooning them as they slept.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Heffer posted:

What's better, the premade margarita "wine cocktail" or the margarita mix?

The mix, because then you can make it with some añejo instead of the agave wine they use in the premade.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

I, Butthole posted:

If they're the Life Comfort brand they're the legit ones we all rave about. My grumpy, comfort seeking cat will only snuggle with us if we're covered up with a sherpa. I run warmer than average and the sherpa is the perfect winter blanket for me because I stay warm but not sweaty under the blankets.

Widget approved.
Please don't judge my unfinished gooncave basement, it's where my partner used to play WoW until they realized the basement is cold and dusty

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

I said come in! posted:

I've seen them at mine but its been a long time ago.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

pentyne posted:

Just saw Bitchin' Sauce in a regular Vons in the same section as the hummus. It's $5 for the little 8 oz one but at least there's an option when Costco rotates out their inventory.

Yeah, I just saw a selection of it at my local Shaws supermarket, but I've never seen it in church.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My friend got one of those 3 packs of frozen Kirkland pizzas. They're definitely not the ones at the food court but he said he really liked them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

At some point recently they got a new recipe for the take and bake pizzas. I haven't tried the new ones, but the old ones were bad. The only good thing about them is that it was cheaper to buy a pepperoni pizza just for the 2 lbs of sliced pepperoni on top than to buy packaged pepperoni.