Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

they showed benoit in the ring during that flair/bischoff segment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Not sure how any of the last like 5 months has helped anyone except Charlotte in that storyline

I mean I guess Io's doing alright now

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Not sure how any of the last like 5 months has helped anyone except Charlotte in that storyline

This also completely invalidates HHH's comments the other day.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Neodoomium posted:

The storyline is about bring the division up to her level. They're on her level now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
By the way that was the first Takeover women's main event since September 2015 (only second overall), and it wasn't even promoted as the main event

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I wonder if they took one look at that dream/cole match and thought yeah this isn't the main event anymore.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
People who only experience this PPV through the recap won't get to experience witnessing that opening band's song.

The Croc posted:

I wonder if they took one look at that dream/cole match and thought yeah this isn't the main event anymore.

"Can we film it again?" 'Well we destroyed 3 cars and Cole is bleeding so......'

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so Charlotte watched Io climb the ropes, do a moonsault onto Rhea and then pin her and at no point did she consider releasing the hold so Rhea could potentially kick out? yet again they've managed to come up with a finish that makes everyone involved look weak and dumb

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

People who only experience this PPV through the recap won't get to experience witnessing that opening band's song.

Good point. This was unbelievably bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92r1GABleCM

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 8, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mandatory viewing or you cant participate in the thread. Share the pain.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that really sucks but i think they are technically at least doing what they want to do. don't know if that's better or worse than the times when wwe would have a band play really, really poorly and sound like some kids who don't know what they're doing attempting a cover

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Blaise330 posted:

The storyline is about bring the division up to her level. They're on her level now.

Since she won the Rumble, Charlotte is 9-3. One of those losses was by DQ (the Io title shot) and the other two were to Bayley and the Nia/Nattie triple threat.

I just don't see how her series of feuds did anything for anyone except for maybe Io, who ended up pinning another NXT wrestler to beat her.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

You just know Charlotte's first promo is "you didn't pin me"

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

so Charlotte watched Io climb the ropes, do a moonsault onto Rhea and then pin her and at no point did she consider releasing the hold so Rhea could potentially kick out? yet again they've managed to come up with a finish that makes everyone involved look weak and dumb

Based on their own rules, it was a double cover and they can drag out another 3 months of entitled whiny Charlotte saying she should be co-champion.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Blaise330 posted:

Has Charlotte taken the pin in any of the triple threats she's been in?

what would be the point of putting her in a triple threat then

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mei and Emi watch WWE:

https://twitter.com/nsm1915/status/1269784844411850754

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I totally forgot about the #1 contender raw match when I was bringing up charlotte triple threats. I was thinking like wm2016, summerslam 2018, tlc 2018, wm2019

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 8, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

She tried to untangle their legs, that part actually looked a bit realistic.

Io was off camera and WWE works on Walking Dead rules.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Aphrodite posted:

Io was off camera and WWE works on Walking Dead rules.

Babyface Negan got screwed out of the title tonight :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aphrodite posted:

She tried to untangle their legs, that part actually looked a bit realistic.

Yeah, she looked like she realized what was happening and was trying to pull clear but wasn't able to get it done in time.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Figure 4 has all kinds of rules for its own physics. For instance if you reverse it, it hurts the person who put it on in the first place! Also you can pin someone with it in some companies.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

they can also be done on water slides, very versatile

https://twitter.com/spiritofbotan/status/1240176599284113409?s=21

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Well now I have a neverending hunger for wrestling moves being done/reversed into a waterslide.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Which production crew member's kids are these?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1269826451269922816?s=21

Lol they’re immediately putting the Raw title on Charlotte

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Am I right in thinking Karrion Kross kinda looks like a huge dork when he tries to pull off the menacing/intimidating look

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Wow WWE can even make one of my favorite bands suck.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
lmao code orange are like the 2020 version of the DX band

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Can we ever escape Charlotte?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What was the point of putting the belt on Charlotte? She didn't put over a single new star.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Huntman posted:

Am I right in thinking Karrion Kross kinda looks like a huge dork when he tries to pull off the menacing/intimidating look
No I kept laughing during that match. His wrestling and movements look great, but he looked immensely goofy.

JT Smiley posted:

What was the point of putting the belt on Charlotte? She didn't put over a single new star.
Whenever you think about Charlotte's booking, replace 'Charlotte' with 'HHH' and see if the logic becomes a kind of consistent.

I did think she put in a good performance tonight but the booking is just so, so bad. Though maybe she was smiling because she knows she's getting the raw title tomorrow.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's like super clear they want Charlotte to have the Flair World title record and they're going to get to that as quick as possible everybody else be damned

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Spiderdrake posted:

No I kept laughing during that match. His wrestling and movements look great, but he looked immensely goofy.
Whenever you think about Charlotte's booking, replace 'Charlotte' with 'HHH' and see if the logic becomes a kind of consistent.

I did think she put in a good performance tonight but the booking is just so, so bad. Though maybe she was smiling because she knows she's getting the raw title tomorrow.

The match isn't for the title.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Charlotte debuted in July 2013.

Title Reign Lengths:
NXT Women's Title 1: 258 days (May '14 to Feb '15)
WWE Divas Title 1: 196 days (Sep '15 to Apr '16) - Retired Belt at WM
Raw Women's Title 1: 113 days (Apr '16 to Jul '16) - Won at WM
Raw Women's Title 2: 43 days (Aug '16 to Oct '16)
Raw Women's Title 3: 27 days (Oct '16 to Nov '16)
Raw Women's Title 4: 57 days (Dec '16 to Feb '17)
Smackdown Women's Title 1: 146 days (Nov '17 to Apr '18)
Smackdown Women's Title 2: 27 days (Aug '18 to Sep '18)
Smackdown Women's Title 3: 12 days (Mar '19 to Apr '19)
Smackdown Women's Title 4: 1 day (May 19th, '19)
Smackdown Women's Title 5: 4 days (Oct '19)
NXT Women's Title 2: 63 days (Mar '20 to Jun '20)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fatherofmustard posted:

The match isn't for the title.

Yeah, and their match last week had a bullshit ending because of Nia Jax so there is at least a storyline reason for there being a rematch.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

literally half of her title reigns have been immediately hotshot at the very next pay per view or in one case, seconds after she won it

This is not Charlotte's fault but jesus it took her dad like 30 years to win that many

Edit: 1981-2000

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 8, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sugar Blaster posted:

lmao code orange are like the 2020 version of the DX band

Congrats on cracking the code on why they were hired

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I ASSURE you this was him pulling up to a match, not a high school

https://i.imgur.com/gv8Bshk.gifv

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember a few days ago where Trips said Rhea jobbing to Charlotte was a really big point in her story because it played such an important part in her journey to jobbing to Io

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Long term booking, Rhea is winning the royal rumble.