Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

lololol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:lol:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh this is just wholesome as gently caress

quote:

Ardern says she did a little dance when it was announced there were no active cases of Covid-19.
Neve - her daughter - was surprised by the dance, not knowing what it was about, she says.
Saint Bloomfield says he's a bad dancer, but allowed himself a "broad smile".

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sucks all of those are fake, but they're great morale boosters for people on Twitter. Trolling lovely hashtags while reporting bots has been a therapeutic work from home hobby.

In more Twitter news, K-pop group BTS donated $1m to BLM

This is big because:

They didn't announce it, it was a mag who found out. Breaking ranks with what management approves is a big no-no.

K-pop has and does have a problematic relationship with black culture.

The K-pop Stans collectively raised another million in 1 on their own accord, in ONE DAY.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/spekulation/status/1269767002207346688?s=19 heads up for those still out there

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jesus christ I've worked with those Band-It brand hose clamps extensively and there's no chance in hell they can support that kind of load without shearing off

GTFO of there

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I mean for gently caress's sake the way you clean up the extra length of banding after punching the rivet is to just grab a pair or pliers and tear it off like tape they have NO shear strength those are made entirely for compression loads

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Feature, not bug

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
This is from a few days ago. I did a quick search of the thread and didn't see it posted yet, but I apologize if I missed it and I'm posting it again.

https://kjzz.com/news/local/utah-marine-stands-alone-at-utah-capitol-with-i-cant-breathe-covering-his-mouth

A former marine protested in dress uniform outside of the Utah state capitol for several hours. In 90+ degree weather. At one point he stood in place for so long that his shoes started melting into the pavement.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I'm screaming at my screen. Blowthrough barricade is not hard to set up, it's just a pain because it's heavy. It's supposed to be heavy so it doesn't loving move. They drilled holes instead of taking 1 extra minute to do it right. People gonna get their legs broken. Staging companies gonna bds the cops.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Good KBR-quality barrier installation there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Porfiriato posted:

Feature, not bug

Yup.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
It is honestly amazing how lovely SPD appears to be, even in comparison to other major metropolitan police departments.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
https://mobile.twitter.com/spekulation/status/1269862492403953664

Dude that shot a protester already identified.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Also in other news, I was able to find one important issue that Biden has been consistent on for all these years:

https://twitter.com/JuliaTerruso/status/1269711353226440712?s=20

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also in other news, I was able to find one important issue that Biden has been consistent on for all these years:

Inscrutable insults?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Fister Roboto posted:

Inscrutable insults?

Well, that, and also Frank Rizzo being a tremendous rear end in a top hat who doesn't deserve a statue (which is true)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Yeah what on Earth is "four-flushing?" Is that him saying Rizzo has big poops? It sounds like a non-euclidian poker hand

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i am guessing it means he is a cheat; a flush needs five cards

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

i am guessing it means he is a cheat; a flush needs five cards

Best Friends posted:

Yeah what on Earth is "four-flushing?" Is that him saying Rizzo has big poops? It sounds like a non-euclidian poker hand

I'm with you, man. Gonna go ahead and pretend that it means he has to flush four times when he poops, implyint he's full of poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It is honestly amazing how lovely SPD appears to be, even in comparison to other major metropolitan police departments.

They have a huge area of country hicks to recruit from. I’ve seen Seattle PD plates at houses from as far away as 75 miles and a ferry from town.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/spekulation/status/1269862567872131072

Different active shooter in N. Hollywood
https://twitter.com/DanaAlyss/status/1269870377259298817

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 8, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Best Friends posted:

Big fan of Home Alone

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
OH poo poo (nothing will happen lmao):

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1269740663156981762

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wasabi the J posted:

Sucks all of those are fake, but they're great morale boosters for people on Twitter. Trolling lovely hashtags while reporting bots has been a therapeutic work from home hobby.

The updog post?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4cea5oObY

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Just came here to post this. It was really good.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

They have a huge area of country hicks to recruit from. I’ve seen Seattle PD plates at houses from as far away as 75 miles and a ferry from town.

Sounds like Portland PD. 82% of them live outside of Portland.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Milo and POTUS posted:

are you white

Yeah, but also Jewish, so I'm kinda locked into the whole 'never again' thing. My people don't fair too well with authoritarian regimes so I'm just trying to save everyone some time.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The 2020 election was previously Not Close and over the past week it has got Not Closerer.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1269943852217106432?s=19

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1269935859303841793?s=19

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

if there's anything we should've learned from 2016, it's that nationwide polls are absolutely useless in an electoral college system

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

pmchem posted:

if there's anything we should've learned from 2016, it's that nationwide polls are absolutely useless in an electoral college system

But state polling also looks pretty good for Biden. And at some point, a big enough lead in the national polling will inevitably lead to a win in the electoral college as well.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Will it though? Apparently the stock market is happy with him.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pmchem posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1269938630736384000?s=19

The Electoral College effect is overwhelmed by a few percentage points - states move together, rather than separately. For instance, Biden wouldn't win Michigan by 5 and lose Wisconsin. The 2016 election, a 2% popular vote win for Clinton, was so close that PA/MI/WI were decided by only 80k votes, combined.

Also, Biden has a gazillion paths outside of the 2016 results - Arizona and North Carolina, for instance. Biden likely has PA and MI locked, so he really just needs one of the states between WI, AZ, FL, or NC. I don't see Trump winning anything he didn't in 2016.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
He'll make a bare minimum speech and the MSM will praise him for being presidential in this time of crisis.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The only thing this timeline hasn't given us so far is aliens landing and trump telling them how big his victory was. You know he'd do it too

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The only thing this timeline hasn't given us so far is aliens landing and trump telling them how big his victory was. You know he'd do it too

I believe canonically the aliens first show up on July 2nd.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Thankfully, an F/A-18 jet pilot with the USMC squadron VMFA-314 based out of El Toro was just recently rejected by NASA.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

wake me on 11/4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Blind Rasputin posted:

Thankfully, an F/A-18 jet pilot with the USMC squadron VMFA-314 based out of El Toro was just recently rejected by NASA.

And Randy Quaid just purchased a large amount of whiskey.

Which is not related to the aliens.