Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I've worked at places where we get shoplifted and I'm not so much terrified as not compensated enough to give a flying gently caress and probably hate management more than petty thieves.

Also restaurants where even steals food constantly back of house because again, why the gently caress would we care when we make 7.25 and can get a new equally poo poo job tomorrow and management is (literally in one case) snorting coke in the office while we bust rear end?

Yeah what who is terrified of shoplifters? Unless you own the shop it's not your stuff they're nicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

hyperhazard posted:

Pretty sure they're complimenting Mara Wilson for challenging her.

...this is correct, jeez, goons

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The SS runes were also adopted in the 80s- when open white supremacist were serving heavily in combat units- one SF unit was responsible for supplying LAW rocket launchers and claymore mines

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

GreenMetalSun posted:

Care to back those numbers up?

Yes, absolutely, 94% of black men are murdered by other black men, that seems legit.

I just need to know if this is an equal share among the other 6%, or if it's just like, Arsenio Hall being on a loving roll.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Yes, absolutely, 94% of black men are murdered by other black men, that seems legit.

I just need to know if this is an equal share among the other 6%, or if it's just like, Arsenio Hall being on a loving roll.

Actually they kill each other in a giant daisy chain, some just miss.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheM8trixHasYou/status/1269753296178286593?s=20

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Cleretic posted:

Murders Georg, who lives in a cave & kills 1000 black men every night, is an outlier adn should not have been counted.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

RoboRodent posted:

She seems like someone it would be fun to be friends with.

She was a friend of a friend about a decade ago and my understanding is yes, she was pretty cool.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Counterpoint: https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1269114004040900610

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can you believe the violent threats these leftists are making

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Kurt Schlichter is one of those guys who looks like and is named like an SS officer, so perhaps it was inevitable he'd grow up to be a nazi

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
When you’re trying to start up cointelpro again but you crib from a bottle of Dr. Bronner’s:

https://twitter.com/repdavewilliams/status/1269414072291749888?s=21

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kevin DuBrow posted:

When you’re trying to start up cointelpro again but you crib from a bottle of Dr. Bronner’s:

https://twitter.com/repdavewilliams/status/1269414072291749888?s=21

Tag yourself, I'm the inexplicable font change for a single paragraph.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm REPUBLICANS STARTED ALL 3 WORLD WARS

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I've worked at places where we get shoplifted and I'm not so much terrified as not compensated enough to give a flying gently caress and probably hate management more than petty thieves.

Also restaurants where everyone steals food constantly back of house because again, why the gently caress would we care when we make 7.25 and can get a new equally poo poo job tomorrow and management is (literally in one case) snorting coke in the office while we bust rear end?

I had a girlfriend who told me that she once got scolded by management for yelling at someone who ran off with an entire cart of goods, because putting herself at risk of a confrontation was not worth any amount of stolen items. That's like the lowest possible bar to clear, and I'm contiously baffled at the amount of workplaces who don't even manage that.

E: I'm the insanely utopic ideals of guaranteed health care, food and housing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm Vietnam and Korea getting nuked

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zetsubou-san posted:

I just had my first twitter stoush, arguing with someone about a "left" politician who posted an "all lives matter" thing.

It started thus:

unfortunately it kept going, so I suppose the idiot is me.
But behind but for future reference the correct answer to the first question is just "yours"

chaosrefined
Dec 27, 2012
Someone I know posted this take on the statue of Colston being chucked in a river:

http://imgur.com/a/kKTa7DR

You will not be surprised to know that he is replying to comments

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

loving hell that is some pure uncut idiocy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

chaosrefined posted:

Someone I know posted this take on the statue of Colston being chucked in a river:

Why aren't there any statues of Hitler in Israel?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

Why aren't there any statues of Hitler in Israel?

Who? There are no statues of this "Hitler" person, and therefore I have never heard of them. History can only be recorded through the medium of sculpture.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/navy-captain-racial-slurs-facebook/index.html

Technically inept man apologizes for getting caught

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

chaosrefined posted:

"Without slavery, African Americans would be stuck in Africa" is a great take, because it not only assumes that modern-day Africa is a hellhole, but also conveniently forgets that Europe loving ravished the continent.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/contelnews/status/1269927492007137281?s=21

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm "NO USA AT ALL"

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Fister Roboto posted:

quote:

All white racists must be aborted if we're going to survive.

Also, the call to burn down Republican's houses, then get in their face, then use their yard as a trash dump, then get them fired, then kill where they sleep (in their burned down trash dump of a home?) seems like an odd order. If they just jumped right to the end they could save a lot of work.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Argh. Yes, we can say they were not built by slaves. They were built by craftsmen and by peasants who were unable to work their land because of the seasonal flooding of the Nile. The pyramids were a government work program for people who would otherwise not be able to farm and would starve. We know this because people wrote poo poo down, and we know how to read ancient Egyptian at least that well. The Egyptians were around for a real long time, an empire spanning three thousand years. They were not loving around.

Apparently at one point the workers went on strike because they weren't getting enough eyeliner, which was supposed to be part of their payment. I love this fact.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

Argh. Yes, we can say they were not built by slaves. They were built by craftsmen and by peasants who were unable to work their land because of the seasonal flooding of the Nile. The pyramids were a government work program for people who would otherwise not be able to farm and would starve. We know this because people wrote poo poo down, and we know how to read ancient Egyptian at least that well. The Egyptians were around for a real long time, an empire spanning three thousand years. They were not loving around.

Apparently at one point the workers went on strike because they weren't getting enough eyeliner, which was supposed to be part of their payment. I love this fact.

I bet you don't think Pluto is a planet either

wake up man

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

The eyeliner is a very ancient method for protecting the eyes from the glare of the sun. You'll still see American footballers do something similar, because proper sunglasses won't fit under their helmets. So it was for fair health and safety reasons.

Anyway, as I said elsewhere, the white stone façade of the pyramids was all completely torn off over the centuries to make other buildings (I suspect this Continental Telegraph person would be surprised to learn there ever was a white stone façade) and none of the other Seven Wonders are still standing. The Temple of Artemis was destroyed and rebuilt on multiple occasions. History disappears all the time.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I'm REPUBLICANS STARTED ALL 3 WORLD WARS

Greedy and/or power hungry oligarchs and far-right political parties started the first two, so uh, they're probably going to be right about this one, I think.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NameIsBond_JB/status/1269701029198794752

:thunk:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Likin that ratio though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If we point out that this person owned slaves then we'll have to admit that person owned slaves and where does it stop?!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1269966884700553216

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The media version of Wohl’s hipster coffee shop

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

This poo poo reminds me of what a different world I live in from these people. Like in my social circles (SA included ofc) that’s like the only poo poo these men are called. I’d get called out if I sung the praises of Thomas “goony rapist” Jefferson. Luckily we’re also able to recognize nuance, like “all [humans] are created equal” is a good idea even if TJ sucked, or “better Churchill than Hitler, but that ain’t saying much”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RoboRodent posted:

There's also a well-documented strike by tomb builders and artisans when their pay was held up under Ramesses III. Labor disputes and negotiating with striking workers are so ancient that they predate money in some civilizations.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This poo poo reminds me of what a different world I live in from these people. Like in my social circles (SA included ofc) that’s like the only poo poo these men are called. I’d get called out if I sung the praises of Thomas “goony rapist” Jefferson. Luckily we’re also able to recognize nuance, like “all [humans] are created equal” is a good idea even if TJ sucked, or “better Churchill than Hitler, but that ain’t saying much”

I went back to school this year (boo boo the fool) and about 3/4 of my history class is international students from India, and holy poo poo do they hate Churchill. On the other hand, I'm learning way more about British colonialism than the class is teaching me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

chitoryu12 posted:

There's also a well-documented strike by tomb builders and artisans when their pay was held up under Ramesses III. Labor disputes and negotiating with striking workers are so ancient that they predate money in some civilizations.

No, shush, there was no significant human civilization in all of Africa and anything of note there was designed by aliens. Culture and such came only out of white Europe and we will literally invent any excuse to not acknowledge the cultures of brown peoples.