Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Out on Twitter being right with a bunch of friends. They're all just out of frame, agreeing with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Chicago_Police/status/1269326588241276929

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s funny is no has been recording throwing a brick so I guess antifa is building tiny houses

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Some innocent IOSM for a change.

Well either that or they were interrupted by two tsunami just two minutes apart.

https://twitter.com/CANADAquakes/status/1270007181295923200

https://twitter.com/CANADAquakes/status/1270006760384987137

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

You're doing great, just keep trying!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

Some innocent IOSM for a change.

Well either that or they were interrupted by two tsunami just two minutes apart.

https://twitter.com/CANADAquakes/status/1270007181295923200

https://twitter.com/CANADAquakes/status/1270006760384987137

They keep getting hit by earthquakes and hitting Enter early.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

They keep getting hit by earthquakes and hitting Enter early.

"The phone keeps eating my posts. I have made 8 quakes at 7.3 Richter scale every day. The phone keeps eating my posts."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Epic(enter) fail!!! that didn't work...

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
It's not your fault.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"The phone keeps eating my posts. I have made 8 quakes at 7.3 Richter scale every day. The phone keeps eating my posts."

another thread that deserves a short jon bois video documenting it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

SpacePig posted:

No, shush, there was no significant human civilization in all of Africa and anything of note there was designed by aliens. Culture and such came only out of white Europe and we will literally invent any excuse to not acknowledge the cultures of brown peoples.

This is easy to solve. Just say Egyptians weren't African!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"The lurkers support me in e-mail!"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

please?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

"The lurkers support me in e-mail!"

My supporters go to another school, and they're Canadian, so you don't know them, but they're real

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

This is easy to solve. Just say Egyptians weren't African!

Easier to believe it was aliens than poc accomplishing anything.

Ancient alien stuff gets a lot less fun once you realize how racist it is.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Ambitious Spider posted:

It's kinda changed formats now, but the first hundred or so episodes of the podcast Archaeological Fantasies would often go into how hosed up this and the "lost tribe" nonsense is.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's kinda changed formats now, but the first hundred or so episodes of the podcast Archaeological Fantasies would often go into how hosed up this and the "lost tribe" nonsense is.

Ooh that looks right up my alley. Definitely going to check that podcast out.thanks for the rec

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ambitious Spider posted:

I'm extremely dumb and incredibly white, so it took me way too long to realize this. I think I found it all so laughable that I never thought of it as dangerous. And then I talked with my dad about the show and he had used the stuff in it to reinforce his own prejudices. Very fun.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

GreenMetalSun posted:

I went back to school this year (boo boo the fool) and about 3/4 of my history class is international students from India, and holy poo poo do they hate Churchill. On the other hand, I'm learning way more about British colonialism than the class is teaching me.
:agreed: Anyone who venerates Churchill should be made to do an image search for the Bengal famine. Churchill and his cabinet were absolute monsters.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

hyperhazard posted:

:agreed: Anyone who venerates Churchill should be made to do an image search for the Bengal famine. Churchill and his cabinet were absolute monsters.

Also, the reason why the death count from the Bengal famine ranges from 3 million to 35 million is that, unlike the Nazis, Britain actually underwent a successful record destruction in order to prevent this information from ever being released. Look up Operation Legacy for more information. Up to 35 million dead. From ONE point in time from ONE country, up to 35 million dead because of directions from the British empire.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Important policework during a riot: Picking up loving litter and rocks

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I like how they accidentally imply that they'll be throwing the rocks.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

There's a contractor working a bathroom remodel somewhere deliberately not asking any questions at all about where the spoil they were delaying getting rid of has gone. I've got a sofa needs shifting, think that'll go?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Found someone who has a real bad case of the boot thirst in a comment to my friend's posts.

Good news everyone this guy found the cure for heart attacks. It's called naloxone and only police have it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My supposedly socially left friend just shared this:

I cannot tell if this is satire because it's pretty much how the police already react to this sort of thing 🤷‍♀️

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
You can instantly spot a person who's never had to actually call the police because unless you're actually in a life threatening situation they don't do jack loving poo poo, and if you are in one most likely they'll turn up late and probably arrest you.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

DiabloStarCraft posted:

You can instantly spot a person who's never had to actually call the police because unless you're actually in a life threatening situation they don't do jack loving poo poo

I was in the middle of traffic with some friends when the car behind me hit us, freaked out, reversed hard enough to knock the car behind them out of the way, and ran the rest of the reds on the street. There were a bunch of us in the car to witness it, we got a plate number, and all we wanted was the cop to write down something so my friend could prove the hit and run to his insurance.

The cop showed up, told us that he didn't want to waste time dealing with it, and left. I know it's not exactly a bank robbery, but dude, at least pretend to care.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm 41 and I've never had an interaction with police that was helpful to anyone but police. I know boomers like to yell "JUST YOU WAIT UNTIL YOUR HOUSE IS ROBBED BY THUGS AND YOU DIAL 911 HURRR"

But I actually have never heard of police interrupting a violent burglary in progress to save people. gently caress, if anything they'll arrive late and murder the homeowner in a case of :airquote: mistaken identity :airquote:

In conclusion, cops are entirely useless in my admittedly limited experience

TotalLossBrain has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Jun 8, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1269710795560148997

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

DiabloStarCraft posted:

You can instantly spot a person who's never had to actually call the police because unless you're actually in a life threatening situation they don't do jack loving poo poo, and if you are in one most likely they'll turn up late and probably arrest you.

My apartment was robbed a few hours after I left for a 3 week trip overseas. My house sitter called the cops who showed up 4 hours later (Eugene, Oregon), took some notes, dusted for prints. When I spoke on the phone with them they said it was probably someone near by who saw me leave for my trip.

Never heard anything else about it. No follow up.

gently caress the police.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah I’ll be super happy to have the police show up an hour late and somehow end up shooting my dog.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I mean, the reality these people need to realize is that then there is gently caress all the cops really can do even if they were good at the job, or cared, for stuff like burglary of an empty house. We're better off spending that money addressing the socioeconomic causes of burglary and providing financial compensation for the burgled than on paying a pack of armed idiots to show up and go "ayyup, looks burgled."

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hyperhazard posted:

I was in the middle of traffic with some friends when the car behind me hit us, freaked out, reversed hard enough to knock the car behind them out of the way, and ran the rest of the reds on the street. There were a bunch of us in the car to witness it, we got a plate number, and all we wanted was the cop to write down something so my friend could prove the hit and run to his insurance.

The cop showed up, told us that he didn't want to waste time dealing with it, and left. I know it's not exactly a bank robbery, but dude, at least pretend to care.

I was in a parking garage when I witnessed a car driven by a driver who was clearly drunk or on drugs rammed a parked car and then got stuck at the gate when she had no payment. We called the police and it took two calls for the bike cops to show up because they rode right past the garage entrance multiple times (despite clear directions and a cross-street). They tried to pressure the (recent Puerto Rican immigrant) vehicle owner into not pressing charges that could result in them actually having to pursue a case, scolded her for getting angry at them, and scolded us for following the driver after she fled on foot into a Starbucks nearby. Then they just let the still very high driver call her boyfriend to drive her home, with no expectation that she wouldn't just go right back and get her car. The only reason the poor woman pursued charges at all is because we stayed to tell her what to do.

That was the point I decided that I wasn't calling the cops for poo poo again. Utterly useless pricks. You'd get more mileage out of throwing rocks at the idiot's car than hoping the police will help.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

When you’re trying to start up cointelpro again but you crib from a bottle of Dr. Bronner’s:

https://twitter.com/repdavewilliams/status/1269414072291749888?s=21

Which one of you leaked the Cspam manifeso? I worked hard on it.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Sigh. I knew it would be a matter of time, but my sister just posted these pearls of wisdom on FB (I don't know how you c/p an individual post, because I barely use FB):

ohhh, sis, smh posted:

Enough with the whining and rioting and acting foolish. We all matter, EQUALLY.
Blacks kill far more blacks over ridiculous gang turf wars and drugs and prostitutes, than are ever killed by LAW enforcement. GET OVER IT. You’re only making yourselves look like black supremacists and hurting innocent people and livelihoods who weren’t even involved in the inciting incident. JUST STOP.
There are no white laws and black laws. Just AMERICAN laws. Follow them and you won’t have to worry about being arrested.

My favorite reply so far being this succinct little one from our 72 year old father:

my dad is cool and good posted:

A grievously prejudiced and naive post.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I don't have an anecdote and I don't need one to know the police can and should

get hosed.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Imagine raising and nurturing someone, pouring your effort and time into them during your prime years and then they go and post that All Lives Matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

You're gonna want the class department, extension 1917.