Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That looks cool! Is that a real move? Because that looks like it would SUCK to take, being yanked by the jaw/neck like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Twitter translations are broken right now so I can't tell but I think this was supposed to be the move they teach you to make with their tutorial video.

They also uploaded snippets from the manual for Move Craft
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/1265878081861849089?s=20

And oh, randomly explained how exactly one of the, funnily, less arcane mechanics works
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/1265873567800979457?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight
Goons are playing Book It! and I am broadcasting it.

Book It! is pretty fun.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

New TEW patch introduces a much easier mode for arranging the book, and the way star power is calculated is really good and more about consistent booking. For an AEW-style promotion I was able to get David Starr from "Recognizable" (aka low-midcard) to "Major Star" over about three months. Turns out all you have to do is have a guy win a lot? Also whoever made this mod was an EC3 mark because his camera skills are ridiculous, he carries all of my segments as an on-air personality.

There's still a distinction between momentum and overness, and I think overness is less sensitive now, but in a vacuum, in terms of booking and putting together your own hierarchy of workers, it all seems very smooth.

The forums say that storyline "success" is 100% cosmetic but my experience doesn't bear that out. I got a jobber from Chilly momentum to Warm by having EC3 pump him up consistently for a few weeks and killing the storyline.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

What I mean by that is that in previous versions of TEW, card position was fixed decidedly to popularity, though you could set a worker higher than their "natural" position as a kind of bargaining chip, which tended just to give the worker an attitude but wouldn't affect match ratings or anything of the sort.

In TEW2020, card position (at least for my AEW-type "modern" product) is a function of how your fed's fans view the worker, and it's 100% dynamic, no "on paper" card layout, you push who you want to push in the book and they rise through the card. Thus you can get a less well-known guy over with booking or even a big debut match. In my game David Starr, who's in the 60s in terms of US popularity currently, is a "major star" in my fed and can be put in a match with (out of retirement) CM Punk, who's in the mid-80s. Older versions of the game would drop the score of the match for that disparity, but in 2020 they get a top-tier match even so, because they're both seen as big deals by the fanbase.

I imagine this system is a lot more conducive to territory wrestling scenarios. You could get a handshake deal on a neighboring fed's top guy and, provided they're not an egomaniac, have them put over your lesser-known top guy without the game freaking out on you.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I've never played TEW and I'm interested in playing a booking sim that's deeper than the browser-based Journey of Wrestling, but how much work is it to create a company of original wrestlers? Is the world in the base game stocked enough that I could insert my company into it and have a not impossible, not too easy time? I've watched newLegacy do some streams but that's all been real world mods.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

PublicOpinion posted:

I've never played TEW and I'm interested in playing a booking sim that's deeper than the browser-based Journey of Wrestling, but how much work is it to create a company of original wrestlers? Is the world in the base game stocked enough that I could insert my company into it and have a not impossible, not too easy time? I've watched newLegacy do some streams but that's all been real world mods.

You can randomly generate companies and workers when you edit a database by clicking 'quick fill' but the database is absolutely massive so there's no lack of workers.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

There's a learning curve but making your own fed / roster of workers is very possible - if you're starting out with the whole system, you can just copy the stat records of existing companies / workers and rename them.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Ragequit for the day when my high card guys holding alliance belts got loaned out and made available on a PPV day bc another alliance fed was holding a ppv on the same day. I don’t know why they can’t at least give priority to the fed the worker’s on contract with. Screwed up my pre booking :( :( :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently there is a Kaiju Big Battel RPG. You can get it and 741 other games* as part of Itch.io's $5 minimum Bundle for Racial Justice!

*They're not actually all games. There's a bunch of like resource packages and such for making games in there, too, but whatever.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Endless Mike posted:

Apparently there is a Kaiju Big Battel RPG. You can get it and 741 other games* as part of Itch.io's $5 minimum Bundle for Racial Justice!

*They're not actually all games. There's a bunch of like resource packages and such for making games in there, too, but whatever.

Some of the highlights are the KBB game, Oxenfree, Night in the Woods, source books for Lancer, Blades in the Dark, and Troika, as well as a project management program that is sort of like an offline Trello as someone said. It's a stupidly rich bundle for $5 (or whatever you want to donate) and it doesn't all auto add to your library if you want to keep the trash out.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

Some of the highlights are the KBB game, Oxenfree, Night in the Woods, source books for Lancer, Blades in the Dark, and Troika, as well as a project management program that is sort of like an offline Trello as someone said. It's a stupidly rich bundle for $5 (or whatever you want to donate) and it doesn't all auto add to your library if you want to keep the trash out.

Midboss is also very good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Xerzes posted:

Midboss is also very good.

Yeah, I came upon this while going through the 25 pages of games and tried it out and it seems quite fun!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Endless Mike posted:

I have a friend who is both
A. A game developer
B. A wrestler for Kaiju

And I had no idea this existed

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is there any present-day RL mod folks are gravitating to for TEW '20? I'm kind of eyeing grabbing it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is there any present-day RL mod folks are gravitating to for TEW '20? I'm kind of eyeing grabbing it.

I might have to go with a current day RL mod and try to fix the WWE, as it doesn't look like we're going to get any 80s mods for awhile. I'd imagine running a current day WWE mod would be a bit challenging, compared to AEW and NJPW.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Killing The Business is quite good, though you may have to do some adjustments - it tends toward not inflating worker stats, unlike CptCharisma’s mods, but if you’re looking to grow past medium size in a performance-based fed you’ll probably find yourself somewhat limited by the majority of the workforce. It is even more NJPW-weighted than CptCharisma’s mods, though. Whoever made it is a real Ospreay mark.

Right now with my own game I’m a little over a year in, cheated myself into high funding because I always go sandbox with my first game. Coaxed CM Punk out of retirement and WWE is on a decline course (if nothing else, the AI booking is a little more balanced / realistic in this mod) so I picked up Cena when they cut him, but I just did the one nostalgia match before sending them their separate ways. Punk’s my #2 face, Cena’s too good to keep out of #1 (for the moment). He’s in a program against my #1 heel, David Starr.

I also stole Jay White, Goto and Sanada from NJPW, but I joined the IWGP alliance anyway. Tommy End and Matt Riddle were stolen from WWE along with all the good folks they cut. AEW cut Jericho - I think the RNG put him on serious time decline. Meanwhile a CAW that I’d made back in the No Mercy days got hired by AEW and promptly became the best wrestler in the world for 2020, had a 100 match with the Bucks. I hadn’t even statted him that well, might have been the RNG again.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

What I mean by that is that in previous versions of TEW, card position was fixed decidedly to popularity, though you could set a worker higher than their "natural" position as a kind of bargaining chip, which tended just to give the worker an attitude but wouldn't affect match ratings or anything of the sort.

In TEW2020, card position (at least for my AEW-type "modern" product) is a function of how your fed's fans view the worker, and it's 100% dynamic, no "on paper" card layout, you push who you want to push in the book and they rise through the card. Thus you can get a less well-known guy over with booking or even a big debut match. In my game David Starr, who's in the 60s in terms of US popularity currently, is a "major star" in my fed and can be put in a match with (out of retirement) CM Punk, who's in the mid-80s. Older versions of the game would drop the score of the match for that disparity, but in 2020 they get a top-tier match even so, because they're both seen as big deals by the fanbase.

I imagine this system is a lot more conducive to territory wrestling scenarios. You could get a handshake deal on a neighboring fed's top guy and, provided they're not an egomaniac, have them put over your lesser-known top guy without the game freaking out on you.

Hmmm this is making me interested in getting the game. I've put hundreds of hours into the last version, and was hemming and hawing over upgrading

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I wonder if my no mercy CAW is in the game, me but I’m 7 foot tall in a suit and mafia gloves.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm in the Xbox Game Streaming beta, so I got to try WWE 2k20 for free. What a bad looking game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Hmmm this is making me interested in getting the game. I've put hundreds of hours into the last version, and was hemming and hawing over upgrading

It's good OP

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Please come and watch as I exorcise the demon of TEW 2016 from my brain by running tournaments and play WCW 2001 until Dynamite. Watch and help me slowly succumb to the realization I am going to buy TEW 2020.
https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's good OP

Yep I bought it a couple days ago and it is indeed good. The AI is definitely more competitive... when I try to sign people as an Indy, the big players swoop in with fancy guaranteed contracts

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Otoh you can now offer exclusive written contracts at Medium size, wouldn't be surprised if they added that so that a fed like AEW wouldn't get raided in the first week of a game.

I got WWE-big so I split into brands and that ended up being a mistake, the UI for brand splits is excruciating. Might just cheat myself a bunch of money and buy out contracts I don't need

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I played around in the demo a bit and got hooked enough to buy it even with the kind of odd purchase system. Messed around with adding a fed of custom wrestlers into the world and had to call that game a loss a little ways in after disastrous locker room morale led to several key members quitting. Going to try and rebalance their personalities a little to still have interesting friction but not the immediate car crash that game turned into.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
At first blush, I'm really liking how some of the new financial systems work. I played one month of TNA in 2004:
• I was worried about signing Sting, but I need a star to build around. His contract was around $100k. I signed a bunch of other exclusive contracts as well.
• After finishing my first month, I was happy to see I made $300k profit — my signings didn't ruin me, phew
• Checking the Merch screen, Sting is pulling in $150k a month in merchandise for me... so his contract actually isn't a negative at all!
• Putting that into perspective, my #2 merch seller is Dusty Rhodes at $8k a month. So I better take good care of Sting, and prioritize getting someone else into that neighbourhood of sales.

Having nuances like that makes the game more interesting. I looked at the Merch screen once in 2016, and left it all set to Auto.

I'm lucky in that Sting is an angel and loves making other people look good. I'm imagining a scenario where I'm dealing with someone like Hogan...

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maybe consider making him the figurehead, it'll only improve merchandise if you keep him strong and feature him.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Testekill posted:

Maybe consider making him the figurehead, it'll only improve merchandise if you keep him strong and feature him.

Good call, I'll give that a shot!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
come help me write the ultimate Ric Flair burial night in the final WCW 2001 as I finish up my TEW 2016 game. https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight

Please, I need to do something before Dynamite.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The Move Craft DLC for Fire Pro is out(for free!). There's already some quality moves getting posted.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/ontotsu_hdpw/status/1273565414589476864?s=19

Some craft moves will be real good

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Apparently not out yet if you’re on PS4 like an idiot (like me)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Fumaofthelake posted:

Apparently not out yet if you’re on PS4 like an idiot (like me)

Yeah, they made a tweet about it that that's not supposed to be the case and they're looking into it.

E: Okay, correction it's not supposed to be the case if you're in Japan. It only comes out on PS4 for US and EU later (23rd and 26th respectively, I don't quite understand why but okay.)

Me? I'm waiting for the ModPack to update before I dive in.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 18, 2020

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I feel real bad for anyone trying to make one of these moves with a controller and not a mouse.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Is the chikara game any fun? Has there been a update on a PS4 version yet?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
theres already so much good things on there, but i really do feel like messing with all the edits i've downloaded to put these moves on edits

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Has anyone used this yet to make the grenade spot?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The first thing I made with the move creator was a dab taunt. It was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

please keep the .gifs coming, I love to see what weird moves the community is pumping out