Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

did you catch this week's episode of cocaine cops who gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i do want to abolish the police, but we'd need to abolish class society first, and that's not happening in my lifetime.

defunding the police is something almost any city can do, right now, and it'd make it much easier to build labor and community power which could make that classless society arrive a few decades earlier for our descendants.

disbanding specific police departments is something people in particular cities might want to do as part of defunding.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Abolishing the police 100% and going to a lawless hellscape would still be an improvement over the current environment, where said police are the driving force between violence

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Zamujasa posted:

Abolishing the police 100% and going to a lawless hellscape would still be an improvement over the current environment, where said police are the driving force between violence

More likely that a bunch of now unemployed cops get hired on as private neighborhood security for the rich parts of town and continue to needlessly kill minorities.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
People don't hold candlelight vigils for security guards.

No one sheds a tear for a security contractor.

So gently caress em.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

People don't hold candlelight vigils for security guards.

People don't hold enough candlelight vigils for cops.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Sending them all to Florida might not be such a bad idea...

e] gently caress em all and let Florida Man sort em out

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 8, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is rad

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/BlakeDontCrack/...ingawful.com%2F

has anyone pointed out that's a .22LR yet the mag is a dead giveaway

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://decaturish.com/2020/06/presence-of-new-black-panther-party-members-at-decatur-protest-raises-questions-and-concerns/

They originally said they were the "new" Black Panthers, so people thought they were part of the "New Black Panther Party", but it was a misspeak. They're part of the Black Panther Revolutionaries Atlanta Chapter.

Edit: I'll also point out that 22LR will kill you just as dead as any other bullet.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 8, 2020

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
People need to learn how to shape a beret properly, goddamn , smh

Are they those "New Black Panthers" that got mentioned a while back as being like, crazy anti-semitic or something?

e] oh cool ^^^^^

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

.22lr or .223, you still don't want to get shot with it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/BrandiKruse/status/1270112263890857984?s=19

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

https://twitter.com/BrandiKruse/status/1270115294053167107?s=19 sooooooooo :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

"Defund/abolish the police" is the starting position for negotiation. Starting from "reform the police/make a bunch of laws that won't do poo poo" means you'll get nothing because the Republicans treat any position to the left of them as a vile communist plot.

Yeah that's great for the congressmen but there's a lot of regular folks who think the people out in the streets are screaming about ending the concept of law enforcement. Some national leadership from the left would probably help get the message across better but at the moment we've got Biden and Pelosi and I guess some TV funny-men.

"Abolish ICE" is a way easier sell IMO because they haven't even existed for long and the US was already controlling its borders well before having a militarized agency.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 9, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Don't pull the rope too hard, it might make the other team pull harder too.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://twitter.com/TweetBottNBC/status/1270051179234500609?s=19

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I have never heard of them. What are they?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Sounds like they better hang up a couple "come and take it" flags

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
loving Phoenix Raven. :lol:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Richard Bong posted:

I can't find it on youtube, but their AFN commercial is jaw-droppingly eye-rolling.

VERBAL JUDO

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

literally gate guards that deploy to guard gates overseas

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
"One bird is NOT ENOUGH! You have to use two bird names and make sure one is straight out of folklore!"

"Get me the Thunderbird Bushtits!"

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Oh, they're the guys who check for rocks in your tires before driving into the flight line? Really special troops they are.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Richard Bong posted:

Security Forces troops that deploy with AMC (Air Mobility Command) assets (cargo and refueling aircraft) when they’re going to land somewhere that has poor security. They secure and protect the AMC assets at less than absolutely secured places. We (The USAF) often fly these aircraft to places with little to no organic security. Think humanitarian airlift, a lot of times in MENA and South/Central America.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PHOENIX RAVEN

2020 knows no loving bounds

its like the stupidest clip show ever (besides ep 9)

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Security Forces troops that deploy with AMC (Air Mobility Command) assets (cargo and refueling aircraft) when they’re going to land somewhere that has poor security. They secure and protect the AMC assets at less than absolutely secured places. We (The USAF) often fly these aircraft to places with little to no organic security. Think humanitarian airlift, a lot of times in MENA and South/Central America.

It's this. They're just cops who fly with the aircraft to provide security. That's it. They jerk themselves off because they're the only cops authorized to fly.

I don't imagine it's a good day to be in that little group of Ravens.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I would honestly have thought Phoenix Raven was a MGS boss, but that was Vulcan Raven wasn't it?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I would honestly have thought Phoenix Raven was a MGS boss, but that was Vulcan Raven wasn't it?

SNAKES DONT BELONG IN ALASKA

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PookBear posted:

literally gate guards that deploy to guard gates overseas

Sounds like the Navy's Maritime Expeditionary Security Force which lol are not anything remotely elite.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Are these folks also a Nation of Islam offshoot as well?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/PeterLucier/status/1270118860226793472?s=19

The Dragon of Budapest changes his target from finding Mr Chapo toward Mattis

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/GaryKIRO7/status/1270129981520314368?s=19

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The Southern Poverty Law Center website informs users pretty succinctly about various hate groups.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Flight gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the dim taxi lights. I am the watcher on the ULD. I am the shield that guards the realm of 463L. I pledge my life and honor to the ravens, for this flight and all the flights to come.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

At this point i would not be surprised if spoilsport charges were planted in there...

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The Seattle police are outside that precinct with mobile shredding trucks and they're dumping in garbage bags worth of... Who knows what. Panic shreds make sense for an imperial outpost when restless natives are at the gate, which is how they see the situation. It's a pretty weird thing for public servants in their own town to do though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Best Friends posted:

...public servants...

they dont serve the public, they serve capital