Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Android Blues posted:

Poor Tohru. I genuinely do feel bad for him, it's gotta be crushing knowing that even though you've changed, your history is so dark that you have slim odds of having a successful love life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Android Blues posted:

Poor Tohru. I genuinely do feel bad for him, it's gotta be crushing knowing that even though you've changed, your history is so dark that you have slim odds of having a successful love life.

He could have had a girlfriend, instead of stalking her, all he had to do was shut the gently caress up for a little instead of blabbing his regrettable ancient history to the woman who'd just accepted his proposition within seconds of her acceptance.

He needs to learn to stop his habitual foolish philosophising, to still his mind. Though I doubt he'll attend his local Buddhist temple or similar to learn, it would make him insufficiently tragic for the comic.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

But he's the most earnestly gross human I've ever seen.

A challenger approaches!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Glenn Quebec posted:

Tohru is a gross human.

He seems like an alright though awkward guy in this timeline. :shrug:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

BigBadSteve posted:

He could have had a girlfriend, instead of stalking her, all he had to do was shut the gently caress up for a little instead of blabbing his regrettable ancient history to the woman who'd just accepted his proposition within seconds of her acceptance.

He needs to learn to stop his habitual foolish philosophising, to still his mind. Though I doubt he'll attend his local Buddhist temple or similar to learn, it would make him insufficiently tragic for the comic.

Yeah pretty much.

An important way of being accepted is in the way you communicate your issues to the people you trust enough to reveal them to. And appropriate timing of that reveal.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Ruggan posted:

Yeah pretty much.

An important way of being accepted is in the way you communicate your issues to the people you trust enough to reveal them to. And appropriate timing of that reveal.

I think you're all being rather harsh on a guy who has had a traumatic past, feels guilty about what he's done, and lives in a society that doesn't believe in mental problems. He didn't seem to have any real friends in his life until Oda. It's no wonder on his first date he felt like he had to say something to someone.

It's his first attempt at a girlfriend, I'd be far more shocked if he was able to not mess it up.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Yeah, NEET's basically skipped all the socialization and growing up people do in their late teens/20s. Whatever socialization happened in gay baby jail wouldn't exactly prepare him for the non-gay-baby-jail world.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now I remember him, it's snail-guy from Uzumaki!

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Shadow0 posted:

I think you're all being rather harsh on a guy who has had a traumatic past, feels guilty about what he's done, and lives in a society that doesn't believe in mental problems. He didn't seem to have any real friends in his life until Oda. It's no wonder on his first date he felt like he had to say something to someone.

It's his first attempt at a girlfriend, I'd be far more shocked if he was able to not mess it up.

I know it sucks for NEET but this is a hard lesson to learn in life.

People can choose to do what ever they want with the information we give them. It sucks NEET has to learn it this way.... But if he wants to be happy he needs to learn it.

It's going to be one painful situation after another for NEET, but that's how you learn sometimes.

I for one am not trying to be harsh on him, I do sympathise and empathise... But NEET chose this path (well technically we did so we the readers are somewhat to blame), he chose to be a NEET, he chose to be a criminal he chose everything that brought him to this point. NEET actively chooses his outlook on life.

If I'm harsh, it's to point out the results of those choices, that this is the obvious out come and I like the author shows this. It makes me think the author is trying to talk directly to NEET readers, to explain how life works.

Funny fact: a old work buddy told me a bunch of stories about an old flat mate he had. This guy we will call Bobo was a "that" guy. I was always tempted to post or get him to post in GBS about him. Anyway, what we seen happen with NEET and Mii played out exactly like a situation that actually happened in one of BoBo's stories.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 8, 2020

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

NEET's going through a crash course in relationships

At least he's making progress at 40

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
It sucks but you just grew up massively NEET.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
Translators note: saying that somebody has a "big face" in Japan is basically just calling them fat

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
you know what they say about guys with big backpacks :wiggle:

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Dude’s just going to pull out a roast chicken and go to town on it during the group interview to establish dominance.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Also gotta say I really appreciate all the PT NEET updates.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

The criminal arc kind of seems like a dead end. It's got a lot of twists and cringe but there is no way it's going to have a satisfactory end.

Edit: Oda is pretty cool though.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hot Stunt posted:

Dude’s just going to pull out a roast chicken and go to town on it during the group interview to establish dominance.

gently caress, I'm having flashbacks to the dudes in college that would pull out full on meals at their desks and go to town

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

LookieLoo posted:

satisfactory end.

:lol:

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

The end is death and it's up to you to make that satisfying, I thought that was pretty clear at this point

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Irony.or.Death posted:

The end is death and it's up to you to make that satisfying, I thought that was pretty clear at this point

Death is certain. It is the journey that makes it fun.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Uh oh... Dark NEET returns

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I learnt yesterday that this is called "black pill"

Because of course there's a stupid hue+pill term for this particular unhealthy view

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
i don't like NEET's face in that final panel. That's the face of somebody about to do something stupid like :neet:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

magic cactus posted:

i don't like NEET's face in that final panel. That's the face of somebody about to do something stupid like :neet:

The Daily Life of a Certain Stalker

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
Yeah I'm feeling uneasy about grim Tohro. Thank goodness we have the young PT arc tohru around

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Sprue posted:

Yeah I'm feeling uneasy about grim Tohro. Thank goodness we have the young PT arc tohru around

Speak of the NEET, and he shall appear!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 9, 2020

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
NEET going full blackpilled was not expected

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
Did you miss a panel? Cuz from where I'm sitting the awkward atmosphere never cleared for even a moment

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

im more concerned that neet is going to :neet: himself

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
stay safe NEET :ohdear:

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I like that NEET is apparently a pretty handsome dude.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Hot Stunt posted:

yeah I bet you do you NEET fucker

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hot Stunt posted:

It does explain why Minami dated him as an ex-con, considering that's apparently a completely horrid thing to be in Japan.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

HardDiskD posted:

im more concerned that neet is going to :neet: himself

All the other storylines have ended in suicide. Didn’t sister make say a while ago that we’re three fourths of the way through the criminal arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!